/gsg/ Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 25th:
1000 – Fatimid caliph al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah assassinates the eunuch chief minister Barjawan and assumes control of the government.
1199 – Richard I is wounded by a crossbow bolt while fighting France, leading to his death on April 6.
1807 – The Slave Trade Act becomes law, abolishing the slave trade in the British Empire.
1941 – The Kingdom of Yugoslavia joins the Axis powers with the signing of the Tripartite Pact.
1949 – More than 92,000 kulaks are suddenly deported from the Baltic states to Siberia.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Hey, lads! I'm making a new mod for Victoria 2 which revolves around an alt history scenario where there was a civil war in South Africa in 1994, following the Bophuthatswana crisis, in a timeline where the AWB never attended said crisis and so never dissuaded Constand Viljoen from the notion of civil war to achieve an independent Boer state in South Africa. The mod will start with the breakdown of talks between the ANC and the government over transition to majority rule.

The states you'll be able to play as include:

Volkstaat: Consists of few white villages in Oranje and Gauteng, they're weak at the start but can grow to phenomenal strength.

AWB: This is an extremely difficult run, but in my opinion the most rewarding. You start off with one province, Ventersdorp, where Eugène Terre'Blanche was born and a strong base for the AWB. Of course, the majority of your population is black and will resent your governance, but you can fix this.

The government: Basically just an irrelevence in the Cape, this is who you start as. It is possible to prevent civil war, but only by concessions to the Afrikaners, which brings international sanctions.

uMkhonto we Sizwe: One for the redditors. Play as Mandela's terrorists.

What you can do as the different states is where the fun comes in:

The Volkstaat's aim is simply to hold Transvaal and Oranje, If you manage to seize land outside of this you can set up Bantustans for the natives and move them there.

The AWB can put blacks in "temporary camps" which is a euphemism for concentration camps. If you do this and win then foreign powers may invade you.

The government can either reform or not, Apartheid is crumbling at this point though so it's a huge upheaval to enforce it.

As the MK you basically just act like niggers, you can go town to town killing whites, looting for small arms, seizing white farms, eating what you need and burning the rest.

The reason I chose V2 for this is because it's the only game with demographics.

rekt

Go for it mate

>post timeline mod
no

good luck managing to code all that shit. someone post the grobsuidafricums noob

white men

Count Palatine

Based AtE modder.

ulm xD'DDDDDD

Second reminder to report and ignore vic2posting.

you weaselly little faggot you think being a Free-City gives you the protection
fuck off cunto

With all the patches it got, EU4 is finally getting fun.
I spend a lot of time with it already tho, so are there any good mods for it?
inb4 >eu4

mehico y tejas

Why Victoria 2? Why not something more appropriate for modern warfare?

Only use aesthetic mods until you get every achievement.

>muh boers

kys me laddo

Archbishop of Mainz

that's well known fact. What about mods?
I am not a masochist.
I have a lot of them anyway, and yes, I paid money for this piece of garbage at release

mayo n talex

So did I. Pirated all the DLC though and activated it on Steam. Try out the
mod that makes the game run really slow after 1500

>In 1391 he banished Jews and prostitutes from the Palatinate, confiscated their property, and bequeathed it to the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg.

can you do this in EU4?

And so, the game ends. R8 borders, Anything specific ask, i will be showing New World and cultures and trade
I was under the impression that they would revolt, and free themselves, Once again, Tibetans disappoint me.
I had it on for a number of reasons, shifting colonial nations around, doing some colony fuckery, and rp missions as I'm too lazy to make the missions in the files

That's really good. Well done (I know it's the Ottomans but still).

I'm the guy that accused you of cheating. What do you mean the RP missions and so on?

Y-you too.
>Try out the
mod that makes the game run really slow after 1500
Is that meiou and taxes?

yeah thats the one they're going to optimise it soon apparently

>Is that meiou and taxes?
yes mayo n texas, what i've been telling you all this time

r8 North America

Do I need to pirate all the dlc's I don't have for this one?

>Norwegian Cascadia
Nice

the dev said that you can play it even without dlc, but obviously you'll miss out on some features

Only if you want to be a pedophile.

Should we designate a new modder to keep tweaking HPM now that the previous one died at Raqqa?

You ain't seen shit yet familia

>Scotland based out of the new world
Nothing fantastic happens like every other game. One game I had scotland Burgundy Brittany and Norway out of the new world.

First North America, culture map next. That's a Norway OPM in Newfoundland. Asides from the few natives left, the only real interesting point is that green New Ireland the Floridia panhandle
2easy, with millets, adm ideas, and a claim, we talking -65% to coring, time included. It maybe took a year to core shit.
For your questions, to get more than one colonial nation, I would pause the game, scroll over to the new world, console the provinces to me and consoling in cores, letting the colonial nation form, give them a core in the province I want their capital to be in (New Greece for example in New Zeeland) console away their cores in the new world, console those provinces to me, then return those provinces back to the original colonial nation. In exchange for dong this fuckery, I lose the prestige from returning provinces, and gain a colonial nation. I could have spent the time in the files, but that would have taken longer. By doing this, it's how I was able to have two sub-African colonial nations, one in Australia, one in New Zeeland, and one in the other Australian trade nodes provinces.
Basically, autism.
The colony fuckery was trading manpower for population in a colony; it's why I was able to colonize all that before any euros showed up
RP missions was like the last war with china. Instead of making an actual in game mission about securing Chinese trade, I consoled claims. It's a mix of me not liking the new claims system and my not playing "seriously". Just a game man

This CK2 run has started to really go off the deep end.

>scotland owning orkneys and random provinces in the new world
just like vanilla

Ming survived, that's nice.

May I ask why you thought he was cheating?

Here's culture, religion next.
Ming actually slightly broke up, with southern provinces breaking away, but they managed to regain their mandate and reconquer the southern provinces
They also colonized the eastern third? of Siberia, and took some from the Russians

He saw another pic with debug mode on

He didn't even take asia with the easiest nation in the game. It's not that good. Looks more like he had a comfy campaign with comfy blobbing.

Here's religion, SA up next
Bingo. Comfy blobbing, with comfy culture shifting too (Or what I was able to get)

>May I ask why you thought he was cheating?
Because on the tooltip on a SS in the previous thread the debug codes were visible.

Maybe so but it still takes time and devotion to see it through to it's end. The Ottomans are just an easy start and they're surrounded by niggers. Every nation I've played so far can't even hold my interest after 1650 because it gets too easy. Like Skyrim.

here's SA. Of note, that Portuguese Falklands, La Plata use to be a Brittany Colony (California was their other one, and still is a loyal colony)
I'm surprised Ireland, after getting kick out of Europe was able to not only survive but thrive in their new home. How they managed to stop New Ireland in Florida from rebelling is unknown to me. I also have no idea how the one native in Brazil was able to survive.

I wish that stuff with Brittany and Ireland happened IRL. Europe is paradise but too many violent iceniggers fighting over it back then.

Here's culture. That one SA culture in Ireland is a accepted culture in Ireland

Nah fuck that continue developing africamod instead.

They guy who started making it is dead.

Ottomans have some amazing national ideas on top of that, making sure they can expand their top dog position exponentially.

Try setting harder goals for yourself, it's one thing to become a superpower, but if you have to do it fast because you need to conquer more before it's 1820 it becomes a whole different game.

for some reason the AI colonial super powers like to leave some natives around. In all my games spain, france and sometimes even england leave the natives alone for some reason.

Here's religion, again how the animist native survived in Brazil, no idea.
Brittany only took Anjou in Europe. I kind of wish they got kicked off too. Exiled nation in the new world surviving like Ireland and Norway is the best.

Here's (Sub saharen) Africa. I wanted to get gud borders in Egypt and Ethiopia/Horn, and I think I did.
Of note, Mutapa and Nkore are French protectorates, the Kongo nations somehow fought off Euros and stole Angola, Brittany has this single colony in Africa, Mali and Kong chased GB and Brittany from their coastal colonies, Ajuuraan is still somehow alive, and Borno and Katsina are colonial nations, with their capital's in their respectively names provinces. From them, I push about 8 and a half ducats from that beginning trade node.
Religion and culture next. Anything anyone wants to see in particular?

>year 2017
>playing a map based "Game"

srsly people wtf, buy a decent game this isn¡t the '90

Here's religion; pretty standard

wait.. how the fuck do you make colonial nations outside of the new world?

can you fucking disable this merchant ledger thing

you can't

then what is this ottonigger going on about

Here's Culture. France finally broke through the east coast and colonized he interior. The Katsina colonial nation only had Hausa as accepted, and spread it all across their lands. Borno, though, while accepting Kanuri, spread Turkish from some colonies I gave them into 6 more provinces.
You might also see Ethiopia/Horn. I'll get to that later

protectorate =\= colonial nation

Button right under the big red pause top right

yeah i don't think that was a question

Am I missing anything lads?

why won't flavormod work for me with hoi 3?

>Try setting harder goals for yourself, it's one thing to become a superpower, but if you have to do it fast because you need to conquer more before it's 1820 it becomes a whole different game.
I don't think I'd be able to do a world conquest unless there's something I'm missing, the numbers just don't add up.

>Check to see if After the End updated
>Prepare for 0.9 release
>There's already a changelog of it
I WANT IT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEE

Here's a shoutout to these motherfuckers. Not only have they really built up these lands (Borno is at 33 development, Kano at 30 and Katsina at fucking 40) These fuckers would travel all the way to India and Indo china to help me out. With the war with China, they showed up i Mongolia to siege some of those forts.
see I have autism
4u
(you)

crashes on initialising maplogic pls help

couldn't you just create client states instead of whatever fuckery you came up with?

Anyone can recomend good grand strategy youtubers?

I love stuff like this: seeing alt-histories is fucking amazing and both why I play gsgs and come here to see other peoples.
Thanks for taking the time to post all this from me.

After the End 0.9 Changelog

Added in After the End 0.9 - Compatible with CK2 2.7.0.2, and the Monks & Mystics DLC

Major Changes
The Red Death - a terrible disease called Thrax sweeps across the Americas... similar to the bubonic plague
Merged a bunch of CK2 2.7 changes into AtE files
Salvage traits replaced by salvaged artifacts (i.e. firearm, old world textbooks)

Artifacts
Weaponsmith events available with MNM active
Crown jewels events available with MNM active
Artifact plundering from capital available with MNM active
Some generic, Christian, and Norse vanilla artifacts available
Salvage: firearm, calculator, watch, typewriter, telescope, textbooks
Minor Salvage: glassware, jewelry, musicbox
Generic: hope diamond, gachala skull, midnight star, golden disk, beast trophy, monkey paw
Oldworld: the declaration, divine egg, old world engine, founder bust, old world money
Pacific: living thyrsus, ancient bonsai, imperial writings, meditations on moloch, golden oscar
Christian: sword of michael, horn of gabriel, hand of petrus romanus, fallen star, st. stanley's chalice
Pagan: silver key, black slab, martyr's ashes, black cat banner
Mesoamerican: obsidian crown, chacmool of mirrors, golden chacmool
American Native: thunderbird whistle, sacred bundle
LDS: urim and thummim, seer stone, nauvoo fragment
Afro-Syncretic: gris-gris, crown of the lion of judah, maxwell's iron shirt

Minor Changes
Cultures in Guyana use south Indian portraits
New descriptions for Espiritista and Gracia Divina religions
Snowy winter castle art for some northern cultures
Resampled music to 44.1 KHz to resolve audio issues
Added a couple nicknames
Redcoat and Brazilian invasions fixed to be feudal

i thought i told you to FUCK OFF

Is it out now?

pls guys i need mods to feed my addiction

Changelog and .mod files were updated three hours ago, I can't imagine it'll be much longer.

Here's Oceania, the winner here is Tauranga at 37 development I autistically divided the provinces between the three so Oceania and New Greece had 15 provinces and New Anatolia had 14(To try to get every to have similar trade power, with New Anatolia having 1 less province and some inland provinces but a CoT in Eora)
Funny how they are all poorer than my Sub-Saharan ones
Everythings's Turkish and Sunni due to colonizing, so I'm moving on the the East indies next
Ignore the meme opm client states; Venice had Bosnia and was setting up trade post to take money away from Constantinople, so I bullied away Ragusa and their Provinces in the Ragusa trade node so no more trade post for them
Yeah, but with the colonial nations, not only do I get the extra merchant, global trade power and force limits once they reach 10 provinces, but i can demand more money in the forms of tariffs from them. Also, they give me half of their trade power, hence why I steer a lot away from Australia and Katsina trade nodes None of that with client states, which I have to wait a while for also.
T-Thanks user. I still haven't touched Europe, Asia, and north Africa, so stick around

Still on first generation of my ck2+ game, I'm married to the daughter of William the Conqueror, and used her claim to take control of Normandy after the French king stole it. Now I have to deal with a war to take it back every few years. Usually I have to empty my coffers to hire mercenaries, or else goad other nations into attacking France.

Unfortunately nothing else interesting has really happened, besides Castille sweeping half the mudslimes out of Iberia before Navarre somehow stole the kingdom of Leon from them.

>so stick around
I can't sadly. One more episode of Babylon 5 and then off to bed. I'll get it all in the morning though so cheers again.

here's Indonesia, all Sunni and owned by me. I was able to turn all the colonies I made into Turkish, and a few others. If I had the time I would have also turned Java and Borneo Turkish as well.
You might spy some culture fuckery in Indochina/Burma. All AI, before I showed up
Night user

Here's the Far East
Ming went ham this game. Lost the mandate long enough for some of the southern provinces to break away, but regained it and retook them pretty quick. They colonized the coast and some inland until they met Russia; they've been fighting on and off with Ming winning and taking a few eastern colonies each time.Korea took what you see and that's it, I bullied away every single province I took from them. Same with Hosokawa; when I arrived It was only them and Japan left, and I think, from the provinces I bullied from them, they got the tech advantage and took over the island from Japan
There's also the few remaining nations in the Mountains, of note Jaunpur taking up a new home after being kicked from India by me

Seoul is the winner here with 43 development
Religion next

Well, at least the Ottomans were contained.

Here's religion, nothing of real note, Shinto in Japan, some Tengri surviving (the mountain countries are Tengri with Sunni as syn.
Culture next, and nice too
>Breton Britain
Never seen that before. You know how it happened?

Here's culture; I'm so use to seeing Muscovite spread all the way to the Pacific, it's nice to see something else
Asides from that tho, the only other real change is that Southern Korea and Kyushu are Turkish. AS they are not in a trade company region for some reason, I made the areas into states, with the 'benefit' of being Turked as well

Zero idea but the province history shows a real conquering instead of inheritance, Britanny has annexed all the provinces there within 10 years.

Quick stop to ask if this is a gud border. If I had time I would have removed the Ming Tsang, but time got the best of me

Here's a shot of India and Indochina, culture this time. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the AI fucked around with the culture before I showed up
>Brittany conquered mainland GB
nice

I checked again and France is their loyal ally.
Looks like that they had help.

>married this girl melissa to merge our gay fathers' dynasties forever
>really loved her for many years and had made many children together
>lost the passion as we stressed over ruling this stupidly large empire
>broke off the relationship
>feeling legitimately bad about the lost love
>noticed the pirate king's daughter from the greek fire theft event was still under house arrest
>released and seduced her, we fell in love
>she gave birth to my bastard son
>melissa not only declared mortal enmity, but also broke down mentally and became a raving lunatic

First the murder of Leon, and now the madness of Melissa. This is the curse of our dynasty, to forever fuck over the descendants of basileios-kun. Fate is inescapable.

Here's Iberia and North Africa. Tunis has Malta, Morocco took them on 1v1 and won, and Spain came in and beat them out of Northern Morocco.
The kicker here is Spain, with all this and 5 colonial nation, is under a PU led by Portugal, and has 0 liberty desire.

Morocco and Tunis are Sunni and Iberia's Catholic, so culture next.
That would help
I love CK2 when it forms stories like this. Make you feel bad for randomly generated characters
Rip melissa

>15th of May, Shōwa XIV
The last remnants of the East Indies Garrison holds onto the jungle islands against all odds. The superior Imperial Naval Landing Forces have quickly captured the large population centres and military installations. To pro-actively prevent further reinforcements from arriving the Imperial Navy was dispatched to Europe to sink the Dutch fleet there. Their antiquated vessels have no chance of victory. After the Dutch fleet is sunk the IJN will scout for landing positions for the newly replaced Guard Marines - named in honour of the valiant martyrs who fought against the Pacific Americans and fought to the last man.

Here's culture; not too bad, only real note is Castilian in Northern Morocco.
Nice I was wondering if you died.

Thanks for posting all this. It's a good read. Also holy shit, it feels like there's no one else ITT.

Where did the M&T Byzaboo user go? Did he get banned again?

What did he get banned for before? The moderation in here is sometimes a bit wonky.

I'm working on something

Can you annex Zulu and get Britain's help in HPM? I tried twice and they dont help me, is it because they want it for themselves?

Here's Mainland Europe, and I don't know where to begin
France and Spain been strong all game (although Spain fell to a pu a while ago under Portugal) Spain inherited the eastern parts of Burgundy, and has managed to hold onto some of it. If you look, they also managed to blob a bit into the HRE in the south
The pope's been a central power for a while now, and Savoy conquered a bit and played tall the rest of the game
Fucking Venice man, at one point all they owned was Venice, a province on the mainland and parts of Bosnia. They've managed to retake a good amount.
Speaking of Bosnia, a mix of threatening war with Venice and Bohemia 4 times and Venice releasing a trade city has seen the land broke up into OPM. While I didn't want the land myself, I didn't want Venice to have it as they kept building trade post to steal money from Constantinople, and I wasn't having that.
Culture then religion next, then onto the HRE

>reddit memes

Culture, not much, maybe some Walloonian and Hungarian increase
>4 out of 6 (you)
feels good man
knowing him, shitposting about some porn game or comic