Electric is the fut

Electric is the fut...

Other urls found in this thread:

my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/Volt/2k17volt1stPrint.pdf
fuelly.com/car/buick/lesabre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>OP forgot what an extension cord is

Don't laugh at his retardism.

It's called retardation, cleetus.

Retardism is a choice

What's the difference, retard?

>apartment
>bike has two flat tires
>electric car

i bet you find life very difficult OP.

It's a Volt just run the engine

I paid $40,000 on an electric car so I don't have to waste gas anymore
Uh hello I have a car? Why would I use a bike?

>I paid $40,000 for an electric car

lol

why?

You could have done so much better

It'll well pay for itself with all the gas I save

Dude even with just the gas engine the series hybrid drive train is more efficient

Just buy a $20 extension cable you lazy fuck

>Pay $40k for electric shitbox
>Not comfy or nice

>Pay $20k for used Avalon Hybrid
>Get good MPGs in serene comfort
>Have $20k for gas and maintenance for the life of the car

>It'll well pay for itself with all the gas I save
No it won't, not at $40k

>buy slightly used corolla for $10k
>save $30k
>enough cash to pay for fuel for 15 years

I didn't have to buy anything extra for my gas car just to have it operate. I thought electric was the future?

>Used car farts
The interior is what really sold me. It's modern and comfy.
Yes

>car made by GM
>the interior is what sold me

lmao

that interior is only slightly better than a sonic m8. and wtf is with the blue on the shifter.

>We should add a bit of blue to the interior. It will look like a turkish prison if we dont. -GM

Time to guess if OP is bad at math, lying, or both.

What is "L" on the gearbox?

>40k
>for this

launch

>Buy 1999 LeSabre
>drive is all highway
>avg 29mpg
>only paid 2200$ and shit only has 70k on the clock
>commute is 23 miles round trip
Ignoring the cost of electricity, at it would take me 28 years to spend 30 grand on fuel. Gas could be ten bucks a gallon and I probably wouldn't break even before either car died.

Does it come with rockets?

You mean the PRNDL?

only on the top trim level

I want to ls swap a EV to piss of evcucks

Yes. What does "L" in PRNDL mean?

>LeSabre
>29 mpg

Negro. Now your just getting delusional.

youre

>falling for the "hybrids pay for themselves" meme

It's a fake low gear for engine braking when you have a CVT.

CVT is a 1-speed transmission. It's always in low gear.

A Detroit 2 stroke would cause much more butthurt.

'Low' as in low gear, for hills'n engine bra kin'n shit.

It's an electric car. Try to contain your jealousy.
Equivalent to Low gear. It regens the battery on this car

Is this bait?
I can't believe that someone can be so lazy, that they don't pass the cord under their bike.

Does it fucking light up? That is total rice if it does.

Lights would kill the electric range so no
Does your car have wifi? Didn't think so

Honest question about doing something like this. How is the chassis on something like the Model S? After swapping an ICE into it, would it just handle like a lolcantturn boat?

>lights kill the battery
>wifi doesn't
I know you're just trolling but come on

Apply yourself

The chassis is a giant flat sled

the tires on the bike are flat XD

Alright. So I walked to Walmart since the car was out of electricity and the bike tires were flat.

>buy electric car
>have to walk to the store

future fuck yeah!

OP, you know your car is a hybrid right?

There is a separate 12V battery to start the gas engine. Once the engine is started you can just drive around dumbass. YOure supposed to keep fuel in the gas tank you absolute retard.

From the owners manual here: my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/Volt/2k17volt1stPrint.pdf

>If the vehicle runs out of fuel, or the engine will not start due to a malfunction, the vehicle can continue to be driven in Electric Mode until the current charge is depleted. The vehicle will have less responsive acceleration.

>Engine Maintenance Mode (EMM). EMM runs the engine to keep it in good working condition after approximately six weeks of no or very limited engine operation. EMM will force the engine to run, even if there is a charge to power the vehicle.

Furthermore, lets look how long that shit is going to take to charge:

>When using a 120-volt AC electrical outlet, it will take approximately 13 hours to charge the vehicle with the 12 amp AC current setting or 19 hours using the default 8 amp AC current setting. When using a 240-volt charging station, it will take approximately 4.5 hours to charge the vehicle.

I hope you enabled 12-amp mode on that charger box or else you're sitting pretty for 19 fucking hours.

See above. I bought an electric car so I didn't have to put gas in it! It's 2017

I know he's just attempting to troll but all he is doing is perpetuating the stereotype that Chevy owners are just slightly a step above drooling vegetable. So congrats on that accomplishment I guess, op.

>literally of the volt's marketing is about how it has a gas generator backup to counter range anxiety
>"but its electric why do i need gas?"
i'm 100% sure this is bait but why not just get a leaf, or a focus electric, or a spark EV, or a golf electric...

How can I possibly be trolling? I was told Electric is the future so I invested in it. The charger says I'm not supposed to use an extension cord so I don't even know what to do. I'm really starting to regret this.

that's probably just so people don't use cheap shit extension cords, or try to use an extension cord on a 230v level 2 charger (bad idea)

in your case it's just 120v house current so you're fine.

why not ask the apartment complex to put in a level 2 charger? depending on the state i think they get a subsidy for doing so

>that's probably just so people don't use cheap shit extension cords
This is true. You can find good heavy duty extension cords that can carry more current than the interior electric circuit that your home has.

>Run out of gas
>Have to walk to the gast station

I bet you thought that was very smart, dumbass

What kind of retard runs out of gas?

youre a special type of stupid

Yes, let me walk to the electricity station and get a bucket of electricity to put in my car so it's ready to go immediately.

I bet you thought that was smart, dumbass.

Fully loaded fiesta se 1.6na 5mt $17k new 33mpg city
$23k leftover
Althought the best $/mile is to get the cleanest civic/neon/ light fwd 4cyl with cheap parts you can find for $2k and replace stuff as it breaks most of these cars are 20-25mpg and also have cheaper insurance than anything newer

Nice try salesman.

Shoulda done the 1.0L ecomeme 6mt

>Why would I use a bike
So you don't weigh 150kg, fatass.

But I bought a car

>the interior is what really sold me
>real people not actors
how many taco emojis would you rate it?

>I didn't have to buy anything extra for my gas car just to have it operate.
You need to buy gas and oil pretty often to operate it...

2001 LeSabre owner here, I drive a 50/50 mix and average 25.5 according to the readout. On the highway I get around 33 at 70 on flat ground, so I'd say he's exactly right.

>50/50 mix
Gas to water?

You stupid. It holds the car in the lowest gear that it can be in without overrevving the engine.

Bro I'm wondering what would happen if you drove it in reverse right. Then slammed it into drive. Where would the electric pixies go?

And your power bill will go up $50 a month. So you will save almost nothing.
So you spent a dollar to save a quarter.

>Lowest gear
>CVT

What meant he by this??

And you have to spend money on electricity every day.

Yep. I save so much money on oil changes.

I can't wait for the moment in ten years or so, when kids will start playing " who can unplug more cars before going to bed".

Much less than you on gas.

Well, "retardation" is a word, whereas "retardism" is not, retard.

You didn't buy an electric car. You bought a hybrid.

What do you think is going to happen to electricity bills if gas is replaced by electric cars? Gas makes huge tax revenue for governments. They're going to recoup the deficit through electricity, either by increasing the cost per kw/h for everyone or by having companies enact policies that forces people to report electricity usage for electric cars or have their systems recognize usage for them and then charge more for those kw/h specifically.

People think this will change shit and make life cheaper to live. It fucking won't.

you're implying that electric cars will be mainstream in ten years which they wont.

That might be whats popping up on the dash. That isnt what you are really getting though. There is no way in hell a 90s V6 is getting 33mpg on the hwy m8 and theere is no way you are getting 25-26mpg in mixed driving. Sorry user.

fuelly.com/car/buick/lesabre

Are electric cars the VR of the motoring world?

They are a novelty bought by richfags/leasefags/retards-who-buy-into-crazes. They seem cool to start with but in reality they're quite mundane except for some one differentiating metric that fanboys won't shut up about (muh 1/4 mile akin to muh immersion), and they're retardedly overpriced for negligible/no ROI.

>OP is an environmentalist
>Up to this day he only travelled by bicycle because he did not want to pollute with a combustion engine
>Being an environmentalist is difficult and requires sacrifices
>Electric car is out
>Discard the bicycle and buy the electric car so in his mind now he's smarter than (you) because he's so green and eco friendly and he no longer needs to pedal and sweat to respect the environment
>OP is a cuck

Breddy funny, OP.

>Tfw I convinced a car manufacturer to give me a hyrbid in exchange for two hours of shitshilling evryday

>I have a maximum range of 200 miles before overnight charge
>try to contain your jealousy
Kek. Mind if I save this meme?

>slashes his bike tires in celebration
>finds out he has no gas, electricity, or way to charge his new 40k hatch

>why would I use a bike?
Basically anything under a 5-10k commute

>he doesn't know about voltage drop

Enjoy your week long charge.

oh look, it's the Israeli/Russian/Turksmell/whateverthefuck retard who has gone through 3 names already that think people care about his opinion

get bent