Does this mean I can never have fun again?

does this mean I can never have fun again?

pretty much. enjoy your self cuck

Why would you ever got one of those? They register stupid shit like emergency stops as bad driving

Parents switched insurances, this is the last straw, getting my own damn policy now

>Not getting hagery

My rates actually went up after I used this for a few months.

my mother has had TWO accidents this last year alone and she was the one who switched to this shit
Meanwhile I'm gonna get raped for this instead of her

Oh well it's because you a stupid fucking kid who is on his mommy's insurance

maybe when your balls drop you can get your own insurance

>willingly letting companies track you.
I bet your car has onstar and built in WiFi too.

>Mfw my cars are too old for this bullshit

>Not having USAA

>does this mean I can never have fun again?

If by never you mean six months, sure. If you want to hoon like a queer, just take it out before driving. They don't know the difference between that and it just sitting in your driveway.

>Go to bed in new brake pads/rotors
>Insurance goes up due to "excessive hard braking"

>car has OBD1
HUE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I work as an independent broker. When they came in to present this to us (it's not just them, a few of them are trying something like this), we literally laughed at them and made jokes about this shit for 10 minutes before the rep said, "yeah, that's pretty much the reaction I'm getting from everyone."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These programs are the biggest fucking joke.

I've literally never had to "emergency stop" in my life.

t. someone who has probably had their drivers license for 6 months

it's called maintaining a safe following distance. try it some time.

I maintain plenty of follow distance, that doesn't stop people from pulling out of blind alleys and running red lights. Not all of us live in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah because mofos dont cut people off drastically
>Florida

Nothing has ever jumped out in front of you?
No ones ever pulled out and cut you off?
Do you even have a car?

i've never seen someone run a red light when I was going full speed. and if someone is pulling out of a blind alley into full speed traffic they clearly have a death wish so I'm calling bullshit on that too.

Where the fuck do you live, Wyoming?

My NON-progressive insurance company had a set of its insurance agents volunteer for Snapshot. Almost none of them did well with it due to the Hard_Braking logging. Basically, any fast stop at a traffic light or stop sign registers as a hard braking incident. That can include your braking in your own driveway. It was only last month that I joked around with my insurance agent about that since she had no other appointments or clients so she was willing to chat about various car related matters.

>I've literally never had to "emergency stop" in my life.
Someone tried to measure it. It seems to be 0.3G to be a hard braking incident.

Stop and Go on the freeway will kill your stats unless you have gradual coasting stops. That actually seems more dangerous way of stopping.

OP here.
I do live in Florida, people drive like fuckwads here. Emergency braking is necessity between old ass half blind geriatrics and shitbag hooners who rev their riced out civics and try to run you off the road when they lose a street race.
I use my parents policy since I'm a broke ass college student and have multiple large animals (horses) to take care of, so I'm sorry for being a poorfag ;_;

My rates are already high since I'm a younger driver in a state full of assholes
And I have the female tax too, which utterly fucks me
>Inb4 looking for attention cause grill

>And I have the female tax too, which utterly fucks me

Younger male drivers and males in general pay far more in insurance than any female grill. Women get into fender benders and dumb shit cause they're stupid males are the ones speeding and offing themselves by turning their cars into fireballs r something of the like.

I never said I pay the MOST, but I'm a younger female driver. So it definitely does not help the rate.
In all I'm so broke I can barely afford ramen and now this shit is happening

I even live in a town of 500 and that shit happens. Do you just live in literal buttfuck nowhere.

show tits tho

But I wanna talk about my shitty new insurance policy

What State?
im 18 in Mich (Which has the highest rated average insurance out of any state) and my rates are the same as my aunt who barely drives at all.

happy to talk about your shitty new insurance policy after you show tits tho

These things are garbage. If you literally don't use your car, they will eventually cancel the insurance on it.

The savings you get on this is totally not worth it.

Florida. Moved down from Illinois and actually had rates go up instead of thinking that it would go down. I guess insurance companies hate people down here.

The what in the hell are you driving? Like is the title in your name or in a relative's? Could be its in someone else's name and it bones you.

An MS3.

Makes sense then. Those rape your wallet in insurance. they're fun but sorry desu.

Yeah I'm just pretty much fucked. RIP me.

lol. You dumb bastards, it has nothing to do with driving in Florida and everything to do with Florida's natural disasters and weather. For P&C Florida is a nearly uninsurable state. Hell, half the carriers have completely pulled out.

So add normal shit drivers and add in the amount of natural disasters and yeah, Florida premiums are going to be high.

That makes...More sense now actually. Mind you I'm from the Midwest I've never even experienced a hurricane before.

That;s why I got a Taurus SHO and it had just Taurus on the Title and in process of LMS tune. Runs 12s in the quater and costs cheap af on insurance :)

>I've never even experienced a hurricane before.
Don't worry, you will.

>it's never happened to me therefore it has never ever happened to anyone
You're like one of those people in the tech support boards on video game forums who post purely to say 'I dont have this problem, maybe you shouldn't be pirating :^)'

You are truly some of the worst people on the internet.

I'm an insurance guy in Chicago and we won't even insure our clients who buy second homes in Florida anymore. We just tell them to find someone down there. It's too much hassle. Too many claims.

I hate this shit on the principal of giving someone any information on my driving habits.

inb4
>if you don't do anything wrong then you have nothing to hide
>therefore you should be happy to forfeit all right to privacy

>poorfag
>horses
Where I live (Netherlandistan), owning horses is expensive as SHIIEEEEEETTTTTTT.

My gf, her sister and their dad each own a horse. The dad pays for everything though. He's down 10k per year just on the irons, animal doctor appointments and shit, not even taking the feed into account. He wants nothing but muhhh top tier feed so that's about 30 eurobucks per day per horse.

>tfw owning a horse costs more than maintaining a horse on the front of your car (ferrari)

shiggy diggy

literally cucked, OP.

sounds like absolute trash HP / dollaridoos m8

kek

>They don't know the difference between that and it just sitting in your driveway.

Yes we do. Insurance fag here, it collects metadata on all sorts of stuff, including the number of times it syncs with a vehicle (also knows which vehicle it syncs with).

Our actuaries knew people would do this, so we track the number of times it will sync in a given time period (usually a month, sometimes quarterly). If we see patterns, we negate the good data we receive when it comes to giving you a premium advantage because we know you're being dishonest.

We're here to take your money and mitigate our risk of paying out, not help you financially.

Eurofag here what is this? A device that keeps track of how you drive for your insurance? Why is this allowed?

In netherlandistan it's already being used. It tracks how you drive. If you don't do """risky""" shit like accelerating too hard, braking too hard or speeding they'll give you a discount. And sell your metadata of course.

I'm getting angry just thinking about this.

These snapshot devices are only good for a car that you drive maybe a few times a year.

I buy shitty horses, have them on cheap food and put training on them for profit. Which works bc I live on a shitty farm. I work for them and buy them off kill lots so it's not much cost desu

wanna drive my bimmer?

It's a good feel.

What am I looking at?

Have this in britistan, for a literally sub-1% saving on your insurance you can get a vehicle chastity cage and speed along the process of eventual suicide.

You are fucked if you drive stick
Good thing I was able to trick mine into thinking it was in a garage the whole time

You're gay m8

Yes, tits. But not full nudity as this is a work safe board.

You plug it into your OBD2 sensor and drive. It records your "safe driving" performance and reports it back to the insurance company. If you drive safe you get a discount.

Nigger this shit happens to me every single day. I fucking hate Lebanon, PA

>We're here to take your money and mitigate our risk of paying out, not help you financially.
i fucking hate how insurance is mandatory in kuckistand

>female driving tax
>its actually the opposite

Women everybody

Its not worth it and these things typically provide your insurance with reasons to jack rates up.

Well then it's cause I'm young, sorry you're typing this from the fucking bus asshole >:(
All I know is my rate is high when a friend with the SAME car has a $40 dollar lower rate and basically the same policy
Fuck off

Maybe because of address and if you have secured parking or not. Police departments provide detailed statistics of theft and shit that produce heat maps. So you can live one street down and be in a higher crime area, and see your rates go up.

Where is this being used? Haven't heard of companies listing these as an option yet. I'm commiting financial suicide by insuring myself (19 yo) but at least I'm not parasiting on my parents' policy or driving around with a literal tracking device like a fucking criminal.

t. Dutchfag

Excuse me, but what the fuck is that please? From context I reckon that's a telemetry box for your insurance. You can't be fucking real.

>Muh freedom
You lost this phrase. Forever.

How do you even trick it? Doesn't it have to be connected to the OBD port the entire time? Do you just have a spare car sitting in the garage all day?

Easy for you to say, if I wasn't on my parents insurance then I wouldn't be able to afford rent. If I were on my own with insurance I would be paying out my ass even though I've never been in an accident or have gotten any tickets. It just seems like you don't know how money works.

Insurance companies: ruining shit for everyone.

Gas yourself

ANWB uses that system.

Mmm, the bullshit you just spewed is astounding.

Yes.
>take corner at greater than grandma speeds
fucked
>brake hard for any reason
fucked
>accelerate hard or go fast
fucked

Seriously? Go fuck yourself.
>Wah, I choose to spend money on horsies and I can't afford nice things
>Wah, my parents let me on their plan so I can save money but I don't even try.
>Wah, I get things handed to me, but not everything I want.
>Wah, I could make better choices in my life but I don't so I can come on a mongolian basket weaving site and not show my tits and cry because I'm an immature attention whore.

Go fuck yourself.
Be a fucking adult.
Sell those fucking horses to a fucking glue monger or sell your fucking car and get a bicycle.

>someone's driving habits suddenly change
>get fucked
Yeah nah. Back to Veeky Forums, larper.

1984 was a warning, not a guide. Why are people allowing this to happen?

It's not because you're a girl, statistics show that young males are in far more accidents than young females.

>bullshit
How is
>We're here to take your money and mitigate our risk of paying out, not help you financially.
bullshit? That's literally the only thing insurance companies exist to do. They are a business, they strive to make a profit. I don't see how he's bullshitting anyone here.

Try driving in Sacramento. I was there for four years and had to make at least one hard emergency stop a week. People there would just pull out of driveways onto busy main streets without looking, or blast through red lights 30+ seconds after they'd changed, and that's not even getting into the suicidal cyclists and pedestrians.

This is actually relevant to me. I was on my dad's policy and our insurance was $400 a month in jewyork. I decided to shop around and with our same insurance company (GEICO) it went down to $240 for the same coverage and drivers with me as the main policyholder. Insurance is such a ripoff.

If you get one of those willingly, you should have to pay more for insurance. Idiots cause car accidents.

It is a legally required racket

Can confirm, MI insurance is high as shit.

Paying $329 for full coverage on a 17 scat pack charger and $183 for a 05 Magnum R/T Not even by Detroit
No tickets, 1 claim for a hit and run

>shits brutal
>Fuck you AAA
>Fuck you Michigan

>and if someone is pulling out of a blind alley into full speed traffic they clearly have a death wish
Or they're female

God bless OBDI

I just emergency stopped last week when a pedestrian was running through a 4 lane intersection without their fucking walk sign.

Fuck northern virginia spics.

$329 a month on a 17 scat pack changer sounds cheap as fuck AND you have a hit and run? Lmao I pay $300 a month for a 5 year old hyundai elantra with no tickets, no accidents, never even been pulled over once. I'm 22 years old too.

that's irrelevant when wildlife jumps out in front of my car.

We still have the freedom to NOT use this bullshit. It's why I'll NEVER switch to Progressive insurance. Gieco is the best, end of story.

This is a bait thread right? Like no one here is this retarded and coddled. Praying you get CRASHED and die rn OP.

Its cause of your age, it's down a bit when you in your 30's i believe.

I had one a while ago on my DD that I use to go back and forth to work, shopping, random road trips etc.

For me, they had me use it for about a year and aksed for it back (they sent me a prepaid shipping box for it).

After the whole trial ended, my insurance premium dropped dramatically!

I didn't have one on my fun car at the time because it didn't have OBDII.

In my opinion, it was totally worth it.

Reminder anyone who willingly uses these is in support of a police state where everything you do is monitored.