Who are you, Veeky Forums?

Hi,

I am curious, is anyone here studying anything related to the humanities? Are there any would be historians, sociologists, anthropologists or philosophers here?

What do you study? Where do you study?

I am studying early modern history at a university in Sweden.
I am working on my masters thesis, anyone else doing the same?

Is your thesis related to maritime/naval history? I ask because of the image.

It might be, will have to change my topic.

I am however very interested in maritime history, wrote a paper in undergrad about maritime history.

Picture is from the Vasa museum in Stockholm, well worth a visit. An almost intact warship that foundered during its maiden voyage in 1628,

>is anyone here studying anything related to the humanities?
Hehe, I am in radiology class as I am typing this. Odontology is not a part of humanities, but it is not considered a science either.
That makes me wonder, Were does medicine belong? I hear it being called a "Health science", but it sounds like an SJW therm made up so doctors may feel better.

Radiology therapist here. Not in for the humanitys. Enough of that crap at work allready. Just here for the sweet sweet history..

Getting my B.A. in Archaeological Anthropology ...

Currently working in paleontology at a Natural History Museum, want to move into new world archaeology

Spanish major here, for the last two years tho most of my classes have been focused on history.

At some point I think I'm going to pursue a graduate degree in history, probably gonna focus either on Classical history or the history of Latin America

Working on my bachelor in Medieval and Renaissance Archaeology in Denmark

BA in History.

Took MA but on a break because my initial topic is so shit it was rejected.

>king on my bachelor in Medieval and Renaissance Archaeology in Denmark
>>>
> Anonymous 09/21/16(Wed)21:43:45 No.1723527▶
Phylosophy student here. Looking for something decent here.

I have a History Degree.

I wish I didn't.

Working on an anthropology masters at the moment. My focus is in historical archaeology, and I'm starting my thesis research pretty soon. I'm also considering going for a PhD afterwards.

BA in sociology

Economics and Computer science

Radiation therapist here as well - Poland, also palliative care practitioner. We may have a pattern here...

Does CLE count?

What is CLE?

Continuing Legal Education. A number of courses they make you take about legal history (usually recent) and practice so you can keep your license. They're piss easy and generally worthless, and they don't actually make sure you learned anything, just that you've showed up.

>What do you study?
German colonialism in particular though American involvement in Vietnam is a hobby.

>Where do you study?
U.S., as to where that is classified. West of the continental divide. I know some people at my small uni browse here so I gotta keep the reality of my visits here quiet.

I'm a college freshman in Florida who's majoring in history. I aim to get a PhD and be a professor.

Same except in Texas. What periods are you looking into?

Probably ancient or Medieval Europe. That could change, though, because there are more periods and places that interest me.

I studied English and History at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and am now pre-law. So there is stuff you can do with humanities degrees.

BSc in Pharmacy and later PharmD :^)

I studied Interniational Civic Science, Political Science, and Sociology in Sweden a few years ago. Mid Sweden University.

At most I use what I learned to be a "certified wise-ass", nothing job related.

>What do you study?
History
>Where do you study?
Northern México

Any other /mex/ here?

Working on BAs in International Studies and History at University of Michigan. Focusing on western Europe as a region was probably a mistake, but I'll hopfully make it work somehow.

Indeed. Did you ever think about why you chosed med? 8 years in at my current workplace and i sometimes wonder if i should have chosen archeology instead. Dont get me wrong i love my job but it tends to repeat itself.

Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics with a concentration in Language and Cognition from the State University of New York at Buffalo, and
Juris Doctor with a concentration in Intellectual Property and Communications Law from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law

I'm very much unemployed.

i studied art history and i put it to good use in art threads where i tell everyone else they're wrong

Both classical civilization and anthropology major, hoping to do a Master's and get into some museum studies/ curatorial work.

>get into some museum studies/ curatorial work
Good fucking luck. I mean that. Best wishes.

t. Archivist