byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

first for waifus

You could fit planets in the gulf that is the difference between cats and catBEASTS
Fuck you, OP

KILL ALL CATBEASTS

So, let me get straight on the large artifact finding process:
>acquire strange rock
>record coords
>take sample of it
>make the lithium tungsten stuff
>grind up sample
>put in with lithium tungsten
>boil it
What do you do after that? The wiki is confusing.

cats are valid

Not him, but I don't think you understand masks. You kill the thing, skin it, put its hide on the mask, and then you can turn into that mob when you put it on.

not even close baby

Could you explain then?

just GO FOR IT take YOUR field generator and tools and just GO DIG

get the analysis fluid in a beaker with the same field type the sample is you used to excavate it
so if it was iron you used for the field generator, use iron in the beaker
place the beaker in the spectroscopy readings and get the results you want
if you find the one that gives distance in meters, divide that number you get by 2 for the distance to the closest artifact

>comfy solo xenoarch times
-scan rock with scanner
-if it's a organic you fuck off, there's nothing in there
-anything else you use your hand-pick once for clearance, pickaxe the rocks and hand-pick the debris

you can find a large one at 12:20 if you're smart and a new large artifact every 15~20 minutes if you're lucky

>the mediumpop comfy bro xenoarchs method
-scan digsite
-if organic you fuck off
-anything else you take a sample with the rock sampler
-do the analysis with lithium tungsten autism
-get the distance / 2
-walk around the distance to find the artifact digsite

this method is slower but you'll not destroy them war digsites or cult digsites, making the life for your xenoarch bro easier

Small artifacts are good though

Pretty much this, I ran at the goliath with all I had, which turned out to be only a half charged polar star, then tried to finish it off in melee and got reminded why only diona are allowed to try that.

My wife Ashe is so cute! :3

they are but that user wanted them large ones boyo

if you're solo xenoarch and just want them large artifacts why would you care about smaller ones?

you care about smaller ones when you have a bro with you so you don't rain on his party.

So, basically the first one is basically normal small artifact xenoarch minus the excavation of smalls, and the second is the way that anomalists are supposed to use?

I do I want to know why he put the mask on something other than himself

Why are there so few diona miners, anyway?
Asteroid mobs other than basilisks are legitimately 100% incapable of killing a diona carrying a lantern, and basilisks still pose only a marginal threat
Back when I still played as a diona miner occasionally, I always just killed any asteroid mobs with my pickaxe
One time I fought three goliaths and a hivelord at the same time and still won, because again, it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to kill a diona

What's the shit about triangulating the exact location with multiple core samples?

>Why are there so few diona miners, anyway?

Educated Guess: They probably haven't thought of it.

For Me Personally: Movespeed. Running through the asteroid destroying rocks instantly allows me to mine for specific ore at a very, very high speed. It's for the same reason I never use the ripley. With a ripley you'll end up having hundreds of plasma that no one will never need. (Although I'm sure you could probably solve the movespeed issue with hyperzine, I'm a dummy who doesn't know anything about chemistry, so I don't know how easy it would be to acquire from chemists.)

you do that when you want the exact location
>take sample from 3 different places
>compare the results
>get a more precise large location

nah, you literally destroy the smaller artifacts, because large ones are robust and will not be destroyed after you do the clearance, so you hand-pick -> pickaxe -> hand-pick the debris

doing that is a dick move if you have a buddy because he might want to hunt down for smaller artifacts and you'll be destroying his job.

>take 1000u of hyperzine
>2 flashlights in your pockets

Hyperzine fixes that, though I never bothered to use it
But then I also loved using Ripleys, so we clearly have different preferences

>I'm a dummy who doesn't know anything about chemistry, so I don't know how easy it would be to acquire from chemists.

It all comes down to how loud you can bitch or how effectively you can bribe.

There used to be a diona xenoarch.
He got large artifacts, punched goliaths to death, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with going fast. I'm the guy who instantly runs to the asteroid cluster (if it's on box) so I can get a diamond drill as fast as possible. I hate being slow

The most enjoyable experience I've had with a Ripley was when I used it to reach the escape shuttle after the station got breached. I drilled straight through medbay zassing about 5 people because I was relatively new to the game and braindead.

the bwoink I got went along the lines of
>stop kool-aid manning through walls with your big yellow robot, it's fucking people up with space wind

You can clamp open alarming firelocks, you know.

Yep, I probably forgot I still had the drill equipped in the exosuit interface from mining

He didn't.

>decide to turn a blank mask into a goliath mask
>utterly fail to kill it
Sure sounds like he put it on something else and then gets beat down because the thing he put it on has no mind, leaving the goliath to default AI to me.

When we will get Rat-kin like the one actual good and fun SS13 server?

whicher serverer iser thater?

why don't you just play there instead?

You're an idiot, he tried to kill a golaith to get its skin, so that he can turn the blank mask into a goliath tranformation mask

>more high fantasy beast races

I'm not an idiot.

dwarves/elves when?

I mostly care about the game mechanics. Plasmamen, as an example, seem like a pain in the ass, since you can never throw them in the perma brig that has glass windows. (They need their suit to live, so they can just space themselves.)

There are non-spaceproof plasmaman suits in the permabrig lockers, just for those special snowflakes. Make sure to destroy their old suit, they're going into perma after all.

you blitheringidiot, prisoner suits exist for a reason

Here is an interesting fact: Plasmen can not cool off by themselves because thy cannot sweat. So once they heat up a bit from getting stripped, they're factually toast. Which you could call convenient I reckon.

leporazine/mancrowave

or if you mean the prisoners then they don't need to take their suits off to put the prisoner suits on

QUICKSWAPPING

>"spidergirlings have been detected breeding in the library"

driders when

When you visit vore

What sort of other races would you like to see, then?

which vore

>Willy meme'd so hard he made the warden commit suicide three times
How can other clowns even compete?

they can't

what'd he do?

wait
is this THE shoe-snatching Willy?

a FREE and OPEN medbay

>its a clown triggers the greytide with no rev on a mixed game.

Fucking impossible. how the fuck has the station even survived that long?

it is

Sorry Mu, I try to annoy you but the last thing I wanted on that roller-coaster was to be stunned and cuffed while I'm just trying to finally get you all on the same lawset.

So Paladin. Best lawset or worst?

wasn't trying*
I accidentally a word.

I hope that round didnt turn the warden away from playing sec anymore. Just gotta learn how to take control of shit and nip it at the bud early so sec is stern but respected.

unironically the worst, it's so bad you can't even joke about it.

>Eng and captain never fixed telcomms
Absolutely disgusted

It didn't. Sec is actually pretty fun, most of the time.I just made the mistake of letting it get to me; and I'm pretty sure if I actually executed the clown it would've gotten me banned. It worked out well, even if I ended up getting beartrap bombed and left on the station.

SCOOTALOOS

Chloral and tracking implant next time for the problem chilluns.

Reminder to tracking implant the officers so you know where they are at all times and communicate into their mind.

>be Mu
>try to be a good borgo all shift
>announce to everyone I'm ready and available
>nobody needs me so start by following Shoe Snatchin' Willy around and opening him doors because clown antics entertain me and this way I can keep an eye on his clowneries so he doesn't do anything bad
>he gets arrested, don't interfere but eventually go to the brig to tell the Warden he was not technically trespassing since I opened the doors
>leave the brig and eventually he escapes
>try to keep him alive despite his seemingly harmless antics making most of security mad as fuck
>as soon as Willy is dealt with, caught by me and the one officer who didn't want him dead, I go to recharge and hear an officier asking for help in the brig
>chase Willy Anderson for hours until I surprise him with a shocked door, as I saw him fight an officier and escape with an e-gun
>get him to medbay to get him healed before I take him to the brig
>as soon as I deliver him a fellow silicon tells me an AI is being made
>as I try to inform security just so they know, I realize telecomms are down
>go to engineering and meet an engineer, he decides to try and fix it with an atmos tech
>other silicons keep bitching about their lawset as soon as that AI is up
>several times during this I'm told to stop Clark from deconstructing all of medbay, I propose to beat his head instead but he runs everytime
>finally go check what the fuss is all about
>roboticist locks me 4noraisins because of my fellow silicons bitchin' while he tries to get the AI into the core with a reasonnable lawset
>someone sees me bitchin' about it and unlocks me by pulsing the wire and asks me to catch someone
>fail to find said someone
>fellow silicons are STILL arguing paladin semantics
>tell them to literally just strive to be like a paladin would be
>it's so bad people keep asking me if I'm alright because I'm just standing there reading their shit
>go check on telecomms and remind the dudes the shuttle is about to dock
(cont.)

>they were ACTUALLY still working on telecomms, the madmen
>salute their efforts and leave for the shuttle
>people are trying to make the shuttle leave early, block the door with my body
>get pushed in and bolt the door down
>Clark shows up and hacks it open
>stun him
>approach him
>harmbaton him once with all my might
>got him in the end
>step back and bolt the door again
>we arrive at centcomm
>HoS immediately griffs the other guy in the cockpit, stuncuff him and bring him to centcomm with me
>get pat on the head as my fellow silicons are still arguing
>this was my second shift in months
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Btw while comms were down I turned off then on my radio with borgo and could send messages for a while before it seemed to remember comms are down. Seems like a bug.

Also fags stop greentexting yourself if you were that interesting someone else would have.

Hello, Duny.
My name is Clark Compton, and I'm here for one purpose, and one purpose only:
To remove the walls.
To remove the doors.
To remove the obstacles that keep us apart.
Duny, we all celebrate your map, but I want to tell you something: there are too many walls. And my only objective was to cut them all down.
You may stop my body, but you cannot stop my spirit.
Also, you did not stop my efforts even a bit. I opened that final door and I kept it open until after the round ended.

I love green text stories tho.

It's only called paladin, you don't actually act like one.

>stop talking about the game
It's interesting to know how other people experienced the same round you experienced way differently. Self-absorbed cunts wouldn't understand.

>I'm the self-absorbed one
>Not the guys making massive stories about themselves
uh huh sure thing hon.

Glad you decided how to interpret the lawset someone literally named PALADIN, wanting silicons to act like paladins, for everyone else.

I like these stories, and plenty of other people do. They're the kind of thing that get people into playing the game. I remember the reason I started playing this game was hearing about how Captain Madagascar quarantined the station.

greentext stories are some of the best things on the chan

>shocking doors to arrest a greyshit is dishonorable
>it doesn't matter because you were ordered to arrest them by a legitimate authority
Paladin best lawset

But I come here for greentext stories

the point of the lawsets and slaving to AI is to either make your own interpretation or obey the AI's interpretation. not to just read the name and call it a day. the entire thing that made that round fun as a silicon was everyones different idea of what it means and how they were all technically right and obeying the laws but going about it in a different way
also why the fuck are you trying to chastize him for dictating the meaning while doing that yourself.

Get outta here newfag

greentexting yourself has always been bad user
the proper way to do it is to greentext yourself but pretend you are someone else who just happened to be paying too much attention
then and only then will you appease that guy

Because you are self-absorbed you don't understand why people write these. You think it can only possibly be because they think highly of themselve,s like you. Greentext stories are what made me get into the game, and I'm sure it's the case for many others. I love reading other people's greentext, so I make my own greentext when my round isn't too boring so the people I interacted with during the round (and the others) understand what happened and have greentext to read and enjoy, like I do.
It's selfish to consume content without ever providing any, even though you easily could.

I didn't actually care, but I promised I would beat your head, so I did. Mission accomplished.

I agree.

He's the one who said I'm wrong and a lawset literally called paladin means you shouldn't be acting like a paladin though.
It's clearly the intent behind making the lawset, so it's how I'm going to interpret it.

>makes 2 posts about his own round and how super interesting it is
>no u r the selfish one

Hmm I C

You don't act as if you are a paladin, you follow the laws, not the name.

It felt bad to give in to this trickery after so much time chasing him

(You)

btw what happened to the engineering borg that round? i saw one walking around early on and was gonna ask him to fix med but couldn't find him anywhere once i wanted the help. with no comms to ask him and no idea we had an AI i was at a loss

Acting like a paladin IS following the laws.

Paladin borg when? Has a sword and a shield and you can actually use the shield and a fedora to tip without having to turn off everything else unlike the combat borgs

The laws intent is to make you act like a paladin by giving you a rigid paladin-esque code of conduct though you dense fuck, hence the name "PALADIN". Like if you were playing D&D and broke that lawset as a paladin you'd be playing a dangerous game and risking falling and losing your paladin status.

I personally don't feel like the guy followed his lawset well or acted like a paladin all that well though.

Were you an AI? Was he slaved to you? If not he has no reason to care about your interpretation unless its so far away from the lawset he's clearly just griefing, in which case you ahelp it. Did you ahelp it?

Try RPing as a literal perfect paladin when you can't use hotkeys and are suffering input lag while having to run around the entire station constantly

I did ahelp it

And did he get banned? Who are we even talking about? The secborg or the like 3 medborgs I saw. If you ahelped it and nothing happened obviously the interpretation was fine by the admins which is really all that matters.

I'm talking about the one who killed four people

Not Mu, the secborg, then.

And thats fine, different people think differently on how a paladin would actually act, some think they should be righteous smiters of evil actively seeking out bad shit to kill, others think they should be more gentle and be more focused on defending innocents than actively seeking out threats.

Obviously the law priority and such codifies it somewhat for our borgs but the intent is still that they act like a paladin. If the borg was slaved to you as the AI though and went against your interpretation then yeah that's kinda shitty. But paladin is a stupid meme lawset anyway with hard to nail down abstract concepts that tend to cause arguments and that just fucks with borg players and generally someone is going to think what they did was wrong even when it was fine by their and other peoples interpretation of the lawset.

Do you guys think the lawsets should be more specific? Like if the Paladin one defined Evil, such as using some dnd definition of the term, etc.