HELP ME FIX MY NEON 1995 PART 4

The Problem: youtu.be/StEaqE3SFeo

The initial problem code was: P1297 No Change in MAP sensor from start to run.

What I have done so far: Replaced map sensor, it did nothing, user mentioned to poke around with a multi-meter, so I did, using a haynes manual as reference, I found out that the Voltage supply is showing 0.01 to 0.02 volts The sensor ground is getting 5.00.

Also I'm getting a new code now P0122: Check for breaks, chafing, loose or disconnected wiring

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input.

The P1297 No Change in MAP sensor code is not showing up anymore?

What do I do next anons?????

Other urls found in this thread:

obd-codes.com/p0122
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your wiring is all shit buy a new wiring harness and get rid of the trashed crap.

>PART 4
Really negro? You have put more effort into making this car run than Dodge did when they R&D the fucking thing. Just get another neon and use this one for parts ffs.

Take it easy on me user, I'm learning :(
I will earn the Veeky Forums badge of honor soon you'll see.

That sounds like a big head ache.

Did you download the factory service manual?

Did you ask around if a shop has a DRB-III they can run on the car?

When you have done both of those things I'm sure you'll find your answer.

Electrical gremlins are a bad way to learn m8.

obd-codes.com/p0122

On a car that old my guess is that you have the short in the wiring or the computer is fucked. Id lean toward a short.

You are going to have to inspect every fucking inch of wiring. Friend of mine had a Neon. The engine would shudder while backing up and only in reverse. Turned out it was a spark plug wire that was shorting out....only in reverse...in a brand new neon.

Thanks. How is a bad wire repaired? is there a method I can google? Any way to easily find a bad wire? Tips or anything appreciated.

black electric tape. wrap it around a few times and done.

Oh god just watched a youtube video on how to do this. This is going to be a nightmare.

replacing the entire harness sounds unessicary.

Go to your local electrician and offer to help him for a discount its what i do.

Sounds like the entire harness is going to have to come off though to inspect it properly. I couldn't find any cuts or faulty wires just by looking at it, I suspect it's behind the previous electrical tape or insulation that it has on now.

yikes.

Just get a better harness off a wreck, get a mate or local mechanic to help

Why yikes? The electrical tape a bad sign?

yeah, pics?

Yea but not very good. It's actually a video screen grab. one sec let me upload.

Sorry, it's not very good, but there is tape everywhere like this.

Heres some tape too on the mapsensor connector harness.

Still there?

yeah bud still here

Looks stock.

Hmm, seems in on condition, maybe check the ecu itself

Yea damn eh, I was thinking what a bitch it would be to mess with the wiring and to find out in the end its the computer.

I heard you can reset an ECU by just unplugging the battery, do you think that might be worth a try?

might only be a temp fix.

leave it disconnected for 5-10 minutes just to make sure.

IF not post back keep troubleshooting

But at least we might find the culprit that way right? Well I'll have to try it out tomorrow, it's midnight now. Thanks for your help.

rip

ausfag here its 5pm

cya tomorrow mate

Night m8.

I would never, i'm a top bloke through and through friend.

go to sleep ya cheeky bugga

We'll make your Neon a SRT4 soon enough