Would Veeky Forums be mad if I bought an Elantra Sport?

Would Veeky Forums be mad if I bought an Elantra Sport?

They're getting gud reviews and I need a car that is more depenable than a 3k sibbick.

just get a bus pass instead

There's no public system in New Bern NC.

i got one OP, feelsgoodman

6-speed?

Does it feel fast?

A 3k civic is equally dependable. Mine has only failed to start one time and it was the battery. spending 25k on a new econobox is retarded.

I've been creeping it on Hyundais site. Some 240 hp for the price of a normal civic, sounds gud

My 2015 Elantra has failed to start zero times because I'm not a poorfag that can't even afford a $200/mo payment on a new Hyundai.

It looks like the koreans recycled the Chevy Cavalier 1997 sedan design, cut the trunk end off, and of course gave it one of those current big grille front ends which means no cavalier 2.5mph front bumper. The doors and siding and driver windows and rear passenger windows look very 1997 cavalier.

Looks like most small sedans before and after the fucking Shebby Cavalli.

what about spending 5k on a well-maintained luxury car from the early 2000s

>Elantra Sport?
How is it a "sport" when the rear end looks light as a feather? Are you going to have to carry at least two 50lb sacks of rice in the back? There isn't even much chance those bags would be placed rearwards of the rear axle either.

I really like it, but I'm an all-motor type of person. I hate forced induction because it warrants reliability issues in the long haul.

The only car that interests me is a last gen n/a Civic Si. Not sure if there are any other cars like it now.

Are you talking about the suspension?

Because the rear suspension on the Sport is independent which is apparently why rags like Jalopnik are finding favor with it.

It also bodes well for the upcoming new generations of the Elantra GT and the Veloster.

get a GTI, it'll feel more sporty

It's not remotely sporty. Quite the opposite, it's the compact to get if you want a smooth, quiet ride. If that's what you're looking for, it's a very good car. The Golf is also good at that sort of thing, but without the reliability.

The biggest problem with the non-Sport Elantra is its torsion beam rear suspension because it makes for a rough ride. The Sport fixes that.

get a bike

>It's not remotely sporty

t. busrider
t. anti-gook tripfag
t. I-haven't-even-driven-the-car-yet-I-pretend-to-have-the-credentials-to-judge-it

OP wants the Sport, not the non-sport.

Almost impulsively traded my 2017 Camry SE (yes, I paid cash for a brand new Camry, yes kill me now) for the 2017 Elantra Spurt, but woulda been a 4-6k loss for me, not werf it for slightly increased automotive satisfaction levels.

If I could go back I would not buy new, buy a 2-3 year-old Infinitoi Gay37, something like that instead.

yes it feels fast to me. more dynamic feeling than the gti for sure. the gti feels softer and more well damped, but the steering on it is more numb.

looks like an a5 sportback, honestly (and I say this as an audi driver) it looks better, go for it.

>korean car

ops a fagot