/ovg/ - nurburgring 2.4 hour edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about driving and racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

racedepartment.com/threads/introducing-the-toyota-celica-st185-for-assetto-corsa.135838/#post-2478604
youtube.com/watch?v=X2hMgSDizV0
youtu.be/qw9RLSgFYu4?t=42
redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331857513190/wrc-7-interview-red-bull-games
m.youtube.com/watch?t=4s&v=UuNYxtVoUs8
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=739428539
sites.google.com/site/djnfswo/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what I am looking at here?

racedepartment.com/threads/introducing-the-toyota-celica-st185-for-assetto-corsa.135838/#post-2478604

even the taillights aren't the same what the fuck
in fact those are based off a different street model, is it possible they never actually intended for this to be an st-185 until they decided to make this dlc have a 'theme'?

yeah
lots of their models have been on the shelf for sometimes years. damn A3DR to hell for pointing that shit out, now when I watch the replays which is almost every run I'll notice it reee

What are good iracing leagues for people who haven't bought anything for the game

>looking forward to that very liberal interpretation of the nurburgring
even the road is a bumpy jagged edge piece of shit

>tfw no assetto corsa laser scanned nurburgring 2.4 hour event

lmao race department

>you was told

fairly reasonable conversation too lel. of all the shitposting and horribly unwarranted attacking they leave up, they have to protect papa stefano from all the valid criticisms such as "why do we have a hodgepodge of cars but nothing to race them against?"

>euros
>probably bilingual
>spelling errors
shocking
user pls

>go off topic
>durrrrr why are mods editing my off topic posts
You do realize that without that kind of moderation discussion places become /b/ right?

>implying lorenzo isn't a br

People were having legitimate conversation and there wasn't name calling, it was productive. They're talking about the DLC and cars, how much more can you say about the centerpiece being a shitty model and expecting to pay money for it?

I've seen the moderation on RD and it's shit. People aren't treated like adults, people don't act like adults, and no one wants anything to do with sims with how everyone acts. RD "staff" and mods are shit.

and silencing discussion of some topics makes people not want to come back or even participate on that place anymore if you don't kiss the right asses.

are you the user that's always upset over nothings? the hosts of the website created threads for the specific car announcements and people are using it to discuss stuff that belongs in the thread about the dlc & update
maybe just don't go to rd bud, lol

>are you the user that's always upset over nothings?
>defending this behavior
>also can't speak english
nice

rate your hype
p1 gtr > celica > mc12 > 570s
clockwork

roughly this order
Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
Toyota TS040 Hybrid
Audi TT RS (VLN)
Maserati MC12 GT1
Audi TT Cup 2016
Audi R8 LMS 2016
Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
Lotus 3-Eleven
McLaren 570S
McLaren P1 GTR

I'd really like more tracks that weren't high downforce shitfests and better suited to cars gt4 and below.

>more tracks that weren't high downforce shitfests and better suited to cars gt4 and below
preach

MC12

not really hyped about the rest desu

>I70 Speedway added to ARCA Sim Racing X
>.5 mile with 30 degree banking and a dog-leg on the back straight
Yep I know what we're doing. Hope you're ready for 130mph divebombs into turn 3.

AC feels really good when the car is 'busy' so this thing should be interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=X2hMgSDizV0

Pls respond

The current lotuses like that in the game aren't great to drive. For a sim they're too small and lightweight to actually feel what's happening.

too bad about the lack of competition for it
youtu.be/qw9RLSgFYu4?t=42

it's just such a sexy car
also raceroom getting a 2017 F1 looking car but with a V10 because gotta reuse assets

redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331857513190/wrc-7-interview-red-bull-games

"This year’s version of the game also introduces Epic stages: very long stages providing up to 15 minutes of gameplay."

Rally2KGuy on suicide watch

mongol rally
not really a race though

How am i supposed to do the mongol rally in iracing you fucking mongol

rally yourself

please don't be upset

>play Need For Speed 2015
>expect arcadey gameplay
>cars randomly yank left/right and snap oversteer into oncoming traffic or cops
I hate this pile of trash.

TS040 = R18 > P1 GTR > Celica (model sucks but hopefully it's atleast fun to drive) > MC12 > VLN TT > the rest

Honestly most of the hype for the LMPs is purely because of the possibility that they might be used in OVGTP.
The MC12 would also be higher if there were GT1 cars from the same era (Ferrari 550, Aston DBR9, etc). As it is right now, I guess it's there to compare it against the earlier generations of GT1 with the Mclaren F1 and the Porsche 911 GT1

no seriously /ovg/ aussie racing cars when, it's fucking perfect
>~8-10 lap average, 20 minute races
>125 bhp and only 515 kg, very agile and quick
>near-center seating position, 33% smaller than GT3 cars

It sounds pretty good but the only sim I can currently think of that has them is Automobilista and we probably won't use it because of trouble we've had in the past with similar games like rFactor or GSCE.
Yes, Automobilista is more stable but personally, I've still had lots of issues with the game crashing randomly. It's an alright game, but just way too overpriced

>Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
>Added wind algorithm
>Added AI Aggression selection

finally, it's fucking dumb how AC bots can't overtake at all unless player falls out of track

>Ferrari 550, Aston DBR9
we need a GTR 2 DLC for AC

There's really nothing that exciting to me about most of the iconic cars people get hyped for. The MC12 could be a ton of fun or at the end of the day it's another modern GT car. People too often conflate the idea of a car with the technology of a car.

Because no good mod and you get meme in love with something because you think it's cool but it's not fun to race.

I want to know what "Improved Downshift Prevention" means

Just play GTR 2. The chances of the saleen, the viper or the lister appearing in AC are quite slim.

Search leagues by [car you own], look at track list of anything they have going on.

>only 15 minutes
>up to
the longer WRC stages take 20+ minutes to finish. and that's by the top WRC drivers
>Rally2KGuy on baywatch

m.youtube.com/watch?t=4s&v=UuNYxtVoUs8
looks like classic content is back for f1 2017

>codemasters shit
get out of here with that garbage

have the t300 reliability issues been fixed over the past years?

>shitmasters
I bet the tracks won't even take 40 minutes to complete.

the amount of footage of dirt 4 considering it's less than a month out is really weird
has me a bit worried tbqh

no
the system takes several things into account such as brake input and deceleration
it could just be the better data logging, for the people who whine about it but don't post logs

>"y'all should be pleased to know that BOP via restrictors and ballast in online and championship mode (single race will come soon) will be available in tomorrow's update."
t. stefano
nice to have restrictors instead of ballast

You know what has similar stats?
140hp, 590kg, center seating position and scaled down from real cars?

Nice "screenshot" DMR.

UWAAAA BUMPA INAI!
AHOKA DAYO?!

btw how does it feel with a wheel?

HAHA Is that an Initial D reference? Bad Ass

Reminder of the rFactor race happening tomorrow. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pli=1#gid=739428539

It feels great, though there is some lag in the steering, the FFB is pretty good, as it's basically the same idea as RealFeel.
It can get "notchy" on a Logitech wheel, however.

Yep the game is awesome with a wheel but requires some time for fine tuning if you want it to feel as good as possible in my experience

which game? AC?

beamng
same goes for AC I guess. LUTgenerator is a big deal

>select the squares with vehicles
>repeat 3 times
FUCK OFF

thats beamng? No way. awesome. guess ill reinstall it again then.

ikr? Fuck this bullshit captcha t b h. Just when you thought hiroshimoot wouldnt get any worst by adding malware ads and removing the J-List ones, he does this.

I'm pretty sure it's this annoying on purpose, to sell more passes.

I played a little bit of BeamNG and it felt great but when set to manual shift and clutch it felt like an AC car with not enough clutch torque to handle the power.
I'd have to keep my throttle positioned where the revs are, kinda hard to explain. what's going on?

>a million F1 and DIRT Rally leagues everywhere
>not a single MotoGP league
Is gimpsuit racing really that unpopular online, or is everyone aware that Milestone make a shitty product?

best

>Is gimpsuit racing really that unpopular online, or is everyone aware that Milestone make a shitty product?
There is a Ride 2 league for PC

very best

>scratch made AC legends forever WIP
reee

Holy shiet original corvette (1953) had 2 speed gearbox

lol GM btfo

Why is /ovg/ in Veeky Forums instead of Veeky Forums?
I'd think any videogame general goes on the videogame general board, no matter its topic

Hello newfriend.

Hello, you didn't answer my question

Go make one then come back in half an hour after it's fallen off the board

It doesn't make sense to start a new one when there's already one here, my question is why the posters here don't go to Veeky Forums instead for /ovg/?

Is it just laziness?

Did you even read the post you replied to? I thought that "read it" was an integral part of being from reddit?

Don't feed the troll.

Your reply does not follow explicitly from the question

An audience exists for /ovg/, this audience could be on Veeky Forums and follow suit with the rest of the generals, but it resides in Veeky Forums. Is there a history of why it's on Veeky Forums only instead of Veeky Forums? It wouldn't make sense for it to fall off to page 10 if it doesn't here, because there's an audience for it, unless there was some sort of drama way back in the day that caused you guys to migrate it to Veeky Forums.

>asking a question is now trolling

SJ founded this general on Veeky Forums, and it's staying on Veeky Forums.

Okay, so it's just autism. That was easy to answer wasn't it

>unless there was some sort of drama way back in the day.

HE KNOWS, ITS ALL OVER

Uh, sounds like your clutch pedal is miscalibrated, honestly. I don't get that sensation from either game.
The manual transmission simulation has been solid as fuck for a long time. I don't know of any stock vehicle with enough power to burn its clutch when engaged except the dragsters when coupled to the base manual transmissions. With the Stage 3 superchargers in those, you need to go to the tuning menu and increase the clutch torque manually.

Why are the UV maps on NFS World so shit?

I thought they shut it down?

because we like automotive simulations not "video games with cars" and the rest of Veeky Forums outside of Veeky Forums is a bunch of useless faggots who can't drive anyway.

We have conversations about real motorsport that wouldn't be allowed by pedantic fuckheads like you in a video game thread anyway.

You can play it offline and there are people now running private servers from what I've seen.
Don't know much about it though

They did, but some guys have been working on an offline mod.
sites.google.com/site/djnfswo/home

This is a common misconception

the only misconception here is you, buddy

>HURR DUH, KEEP UR VIDYA GAEMS AWAY FROM MA CARS!!!

In no way was I implying I want you out of Veeky Forums. I'm not even a frequent browser in Veeky Forums. I was simply curious why you were here, and I got a simple straight answer after a bid of prodding.

See literally any thread about simulators, wargaming, tacticool, anything like that, and you'll see they're discussing their respective topics as well during downtime, a-la /k/, /m/, etc you name it

>not even a frequent browser in Veeky Forums
it's useless anal fucks like you who care so much about delineating this whole website into little sections to fulfill your autism, you feel the need to ruin threads with insipid questions that you have the answers to if you'd spent more than 10 minutes on Veeky Forums NOT worrying about how every little thread isn't in its place. Lurk more you lazy cunt.

This thread is here because the interest is primarily about automobiles and historic and contemporary automobile simulation, as well as organized multiplayer races for which the high post speed of the general board makes it difficult to make sure all participants have up-to-date information.

Yes, I already got the answer to the inspid question, thank you for polluting your holy thread with one more insipid answer, but at least I'm glad you had an escape valve for your autism for a second there

Friday pickup server is up. Check the doc for all the info and downloads.

don't you have a fidget spinner to choke on?

It's okay user, I still love you

SJ giveth and SJ taketh away