/ink/ - Splatoon General

Post-Splatoon 2 Testfire edition

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Splatoon 2 Testfire is now over!
- Check out two of the first new stages in Splatoon 2 - Musselforge Fitness! splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/157071078564/weve-gotten-a-first-look-inside-one-of-the-new#
- As well as Urchin Amphitheatre! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/834339250753544197

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12615471
strawpoll.me/12615496
strawpoll.me/12615497
youtube.com/watch?v=DxbIBeQNuZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So how did you do in the Testfires, /ink/? Squidbagged or got squidbagged by anyone?

strawpoll.me/12615471

strawpoll.me/12615496

strawpoll.me/12615497

I wish I could have hit the 4am ones but fell asleep both times.

Friends with Octolings!

Dumping my old ORIGINAL CONTENT potential Spla2n abilities for anyone that gives a shit:

Waterfall (Shoes)
>upon descending during a super jump, you are able to fire your weapon/etc. before you land
>you will be visible for a small duration during super jumping and after you land

Dim (Hat)
>lasers from chargers vanish after 3 seconds
>your weapon range gets decreased significantly
Defective Bombs (Hat)
>all timer based bombs (splat bombs, suction bombs, ink mines) you use do not make a signal when about to explode
>these same bombs take longer to explode

Thunderbolt (Shoes)
>after super jumping, any enemy inklings within a radius of the location you land at will be instantly splatted
>the time you take to superjump will increase and your spawn marker will flash rapidly to indicate that you have this ability

Chain Reaction (Body)
>any enemy inkling you splat will cause damage to another nearby enemy inkling within their splat radius, potentially splatting them
>enemy inklings who splat you will cause damage to your nearby team inklings within your splat radius

Stretch (Hat)
>increases range of your weapon
>diminishing returns on weapons with longer range

Melee Reach (Body)
>doubles damage of your weapon
>halves the range of your weapon

Blast Ball (Hat)
>slightly increases blast radius of your Blaster
>increases tears for no new Metroid Prime

Quick Detonate (Hat)
>bombs you use will detonate faster
>your throw range gets significantly decreased
>your own bombs are capable of splatting you

Rage (Hat)
>for each enemy Inkling you splat, your damage output will increase by 10% but your maximum health and defense is reduced by 10%
>you will be visible to the enemy if this ability is in effect

Persistance (Body)
>for each team member you have that are down, increase your defense by 25% while they are down

Eagle-Eye (Hat)
>all enemies within radius are visible on your map (not on-screen like Echolocator)
>a jingle will play from your Gamepad if an enemy appears because of this ability

Curse (Body)
>enemy Inklings that splat you gets affected by Disruptor effect
>your respawn time will be increased

Camoflauge (Body)
>allows the ability to turn into a squid in enemy ink on the ground, but you cannot swim in enemy ink
>you can "drown" in enemy ink after a period of time

Impersonate (Body)
>you will physically appear in the enemy team color if you are in the "damaged" state
>map will be unchanged to enemy

Reflect (Body)
>enemy Inklings that attack you take 25% of the damage you take
>this ability cannot splat the enemy

Sweat (Shoes)
>you will automatically ink the spot you walk on if you have less active teammates than the enemy team
>width of ink is same as Paintbrush-on-ground

Time Bomb (Body)
>all damage you inflict is doubled
>within 30 seconds after respawning, you will automatically be splatted (in your team colors)
>if enemy team is within your splat death radius, they get instantly splatted
>you will gradually glow brightly in inkling form, flashing at the last 5 seconds, indicating that you have this ability

Takedown (Body)
>if you get splatted, you will be splatted with your own team's color
>if the enemy team is within your splat death radius, they get instantly splatted
>your respawn time will be significantly increased

Permanent Ink (Body)
>if your team has 2 or less active players (like Tenacity), ink fired by your main weapon cannot be inked over by enemy ink for at least 5 seconds

Infiltrate (Shoes)
>allows superjumping to visible enemies
>if you do so, you are unable to move after landing for 1.5 seconds

Spidersquid (Shoes)
>prevents gravity from taking effect while swimming up walls
>any damage from an enemy weapon will instantly splat you while you are on the wall

Focus Squid (Hat)
>leaves you surviving with 1 health if attack would splat you from full health a.k.a. focus sash of Splatoon
>your movement speed in enemy ink is reduced

Zapfish Blessings (Body)
>increases your main abilities including damage/defense/speed/ink efficiency but at the cost of always being visible to the enemy team

Draining Gaze (Hat)
>enemy within view and close by rapidly loses their ink and special

Squidshy (Shoes)
>automatically turns you into a squid in your ink if you are not shooting but at the cost of half your maximum health

Bullseye Marker (Hat)
>adds auto-aim at the cost of reducing the damage you inflict by half
Landlubber (Shoes)
>you will bounce back to where you were on land if you fall in water

Egotistical (Body)
>you will automatically squidbag rapidly everytime you splat an enemy
>you will be invincible during the time you are squidbagging

Provoke (Body)
>the enemy inkling that splatted you will automatically squidbag for the duration that they are visible in your killcam
>that enemy inkling's health is doubled for the duration of this effect

Infatuate (Body)
>you take less damage from Inklings of the opposite gender

That's all for abilities, feel free to shit on my autism. And lol I only thought of one OC sub weapon:

Sticky Bomb - After tossed at an enemy inkling, they cannot turn into a squid for 5 seconds or else they will be instantly splatted.

I want a spaghetti to cuddle and pet and squeeze and hug

>WE'RE RELEASING A SEQUEL WITH ONE (1) NEW WEAPON
>IT'S LITERALLY THE SPLATTERSHOT BUT VISUALLY DIFFERERENT
>NOW YOU CAN ROLEPLAY AS THE MATRIX

>playing splattershot
>special charged
>jump to spawn
>get whole team marked

You can jump to spawn? I thought you could only jump FROM spawn. I heard people talk about using it at spawn and thought that must be bullshit because there's no way to get back up there other then dying.

You can always superjump. Use it to escape in a pickle if you have to.

are the dualies actually good? they looked like they had shit range.

Yea, if your pressed down and A when you have the map open you can jump back to spawn if you think someones in your base, you need to retreat, ect.
Its more of an up close ambush weapon so the range sucks a little bit compared to the splattershot, but its not horrid.

yeah, but are the tradeoffs worth it to be able to roll around? and what normal weapon is it closest to? splash?

I'm only going to talk about the weapon set itself and not the kit, mainly because I'm shit with the curling bombs so I don't feel right talking about them. The thing i would say its closest to is like having two short range wide n-zaps in your hands. The rolling is nice, you can get around quickly with out squiding with them for a bit, but its not broken and its not shit. Pretty good type judging by its starting weapon imo, I can't wait to see the variants and sidegrades.

thanks, user!

Forgot to post proofs that I did use em

my god, source please

The dualies are literally a splatroller with better range, a need to aim, and the best special

I think they're the strongest weapon in the game right now

Curling bomb is area denial

Once you throw that thing out, enemies cannot stand in its path or they will die. I like to go around to the side of the enemy spawn area and just throw them across so that my people holding mid have a much easier time of it. Also in that basketball themed stage you can spam them across the bridge leading to mid and the enemies can't do shit about it.

It's legitimately the strongest secondary by far, it's the most deadly and it paints the largest area.

@namosan_san
they're one of my favorites. watch out for the guro, though, unless you're into that

oh my god i'm into guro too?? this is fucking great, thanks for sharing

I think they have a lewd account, too. it's private, though, and I doubt we'll ever see it

>oh my god i'm into guro too??
Go the fuck away tumblr

Thanks for the tip! I thought that's what they would be, though my dirt brain during the matches would always hold down the sub button. I do think the kit is solid the main reason I said that I dont want to judge it by the kit was simply because I almost never used the special or the sub so it made more sense not to say anything about it ya know. Have a squid for helping me out though!

youtube.com/watch?v=DxbIBeQNuZI

the ultimate decision
boy squid or grill squid

Why the hell would they announce all the new weapons so soon?

pussy

girl squid (boy)

can confirm
i didnt preorder but i waited 7 hours in line outside a gamestop in 25F degree weather (18 after wind chill) to get mine
also got a pro controller too and it's nice as fuck

i had a hunch it would be super hard to find because nintendo likes to under produce to build hype but i didnt think it would be THIS BAD. holy shit

the last restock on nowinstock was SIX DAYS AGO and it was in stock FOR SIX MINUTES, FUCK

Anyone have a gif/webm of the Woomy's duelies victory dance?

I got mine by waiting about 1.5 hours at Wal-Mart, but I was one of the last in line.

They got 22 consoles in.

Im so tired of playing with chinks

I need the splatoon 2

I had no problem getting mine from bestbuy, and I hear Fry's always has em in stock

Update from Splatoon's Japanese twitter:

Thanks to the "data" gained from the testfire participation, it seems updates from the lab will come more frequently.

Yeah I was the guy waiting for nine hours, my area had like no switches and the only place that has them now is some guy on cragislist. The good thing was I had a bunch of credit because I sold my broken wiiu and my ps4 that I only used to play ff 15 to them so I had more than enough to get it plus botw and two more joycons in the color I wanted. In hindsight I should've gotten a pro controler but I played the testfire just fine so whatever.

>Be Nip
>Be 35 year old salaryman
>Finally get off work, 11pm. Boss finally went home and thus all employees get to go home.
>Get text message from Girlfriend
>"My parents went to see movie, the 1 bedroom Tokyo apartment is free, want to reproduce?"
>"Sorry, can't reproduce and create family tonight, grandmother is in the room I intended to make our family in, we'll have to wait till next year."
>ride train for 4 hours to 2 bedroom 1 bathroom Tokyo apartment block
>pay 60,000 yen rent as I head up to my room.
>Enter apartment and untie my tie
>Boot up Nintendo switch and sit down on Windowsill, light up hand rolled cigarette and smoke out window.
>Navigate to the switch menu to play Splatoon 2
>mfw the testfire finished before my 1 day off this month and I don't get to play Splatoon 2

the dream would be to release a new picture every day like they did for Smash.

Yessss.

Is a testfie going on now?

I wish user. I wish.

Ouch.

Wait what? did they stop the testfires cause they already have enough data?

Maybe, but I'm sure they'll hold at least one more testfire before the game is released.

Nah friendo, the testfires were all scheduled. The last one was like 19 hours ago. If anything what said is most likely.

I hope there is another one soon.

probably wont be 2bh

I give them two months

Why did you randomly post this? What purpose does it serve? Does it contribute to the discussion in this thread in any way?

flip flop bare inkling feet CONFIRMED

and theyre still absolutely disgusting

Maybe he just wants to post a picture of a qt with a Hydra Splatling?

...is this post a pasta I'm not getting?

Get ready for a lot more of that. Instead of letting the thread die peacefully they artificially sustain it with low quality images with absolutely no discussion attached. Get ready for Octofag posting the same gross images for the next ~3 months as well.

Not that user, but the fucks your point? The conversation was done and nobody else posted anything for 40 minutes. Asides the arts cute and its nice to see something in the thread when its quiet hours.

Sandals =/= Barefeet

It's a boy anyways so who cares?

>Waterfall
I'd make it "Feather Landing", you brake your fall after superjumping and hover around Splashdown height for the same duration, during which you can shoot. You can't cancel that, so your superjumps are always slower and vulnerable unless your teammate is behind a wall or something.
>dim
Ain't nobody have time fo dat.
>defective bombs
Broken-ass shit.
>Thunderbolt
Splashdown: The Ability
>Chain Reaction
We Worms now
>Stretch
Game-breakingly bad. Not just in combat. Consider Aerospray that now turfs twice as much and as far as a Dynamo.
>Melee Reach
You want OHKO Rapids and brushes, ridiculous mega-Bamboozlers and super close combat chargers?
>Blast Ball
Just use Luna
>Quick detonate
Splat Bomb is Burst Bomb now
>Takedown
Way too good
>Permanent Ink
Netcode for that will be a nightmare
>Infiltrate
Spawncamping
>Spidersquid
Combine with Ninja Squid, not enough effect to justify a whole main
>Focus Squid
You know how most weapons in Splatoon are multi-hit moves?
>Zapfish Blessings
4x blessings in one place= the fucking sun
>Draining Gaze
Aerospray is a 4-hit now
>Squidshy
$100% useless
>most spoilers
are spoilers for a reason
>Landlubber
That would be nice, though.

Forgot the middle page.
>Rage
Add it losing effect if not fueled for a while and replace damage by speed, and it's an awesome ability.
>Persistence
So, you hurt hard-to-use weapons with very precise damage output- Nozzles, blasters, Squiffer, undercharged chargers- while just mildly annoying evetything else. Nope, this is retarded.
>Eagle-Eye
Now that Echo is gone, I'd prefer visible markers if someone is in my vincinity instead.
>Curse
Nope.
>Camo
Stupid useless ability.
>Impersonate
No tag over head? Enemy. Dunk 'em.
>Reflect
>A whole team of Reflects
>Sweat
Ink Resistance is not enough for you?
>Time Bomb
> Quick Respawn Timebomb Luna

Dat trigger discipline

Well aren't you such a contrarian?

>>Persistence
>So, you hurt hard-to-use weapons with very precise damage output- Nozzles, blasters, Squiffer, undercharged chargers- while just mildly annoying evetything else. Nope, this is retarded.
Did you bitch about Def Up too?

wait one fucking second

is that a green tongue

I think just the whole interior of her mouth is green.

Where do you think the ink came from?

You can't make any of these splat in more hits with any amount of defense up right now (except far blaster indirects), that's their entire point.

plugged my wiiu back in and started playing again a few days ago. been getting alot of communication errors, more than when i stopped playing. any way to test the cause or fix it? i dont use an ethernet adapter and the ones i've tried arent compatible with my wiiu

>Havent played splatoon 1 since the very first splatfest
>splatoon 2 testfire reignited my interest

Should i jump back for a bit? I never got to try the brush and bucket because i moved on to other games.

Well whats the argument against it?

i would have to buy all the weapons and my equipment is probably sub par.

>what is gear editing

I actually dont know. Is that where you give the splatfest reward things to spyke to change your bonuses?

Didn't they patch that out last update or did it get cracked again immediately?

Isn't there some glowing fag running around?

I thought you fags were gone.

It didn't get patched at all, because they realised their fuckup. All of the gear we edit is possible, just not fun to get, and games are all about fun.

so did anyone start a database of gear based on the testfire?

I second this

Not that I've seen.

I think the testfire gear was more or less placeholder. They didn't want everyone looking the same but wanted them to have the same abilities sort of thing.

WHAT ARE THOOOSE?

toes

I need to splat

when abouts is the release?

How do i go about getting a squib to bully me?

summer

buy a wii u, fuckin switchkiddie

It's technically Spring now, so three more months right?

I think I accumulated a good number of gear icons/default ability (should we be able to change those) screenshots, but potentially not all of them. I'll upload those for you in a bit.

>Switch is still in the mail
>missed the test-fire
Shit.

Anyways, was it about what you expected? Better? Worse?
Did you play with the grip? Handheld mode? Pro controller?
If you played with multiple, which was most comfortable?
Do you have any concerns? Do you think they'll be likely to be addressed?
More general question, but those of you that have a Switch, how are you liking it so far? Have you run into any of the kinks that have been reported?
Sorry for all the questions.

None so far. Though my right joycon stick clicks weird after i played the testfire.