/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB46)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?33762

>Datamine (OB46)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-46-datamining-seris-oracle-cards-and-flak-fairy

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

I want to make sure Fernando's health stays up!

Requesting webm that shows Androxus deck that grants him infinite netherstep.

This game sucks, new game when

Granted. This also works with just Abyssal Touch 1, too.

I want to dress Kinessa in a ballroom gown and watch her blush

I want to hook Kinessa onto the point and shoot her in the face!

I want drogoz to fire spit into my mouth!

I want Mal'Damba to throw venomous cobras at me!

I want maeve to whisper "purrrfect" into my ear

it hurts

I want Pip to play soccer with Zabivaka

I want Hi-Rez to make a good patch for once!

Holy smokes that looks broken, Imma try that out
>One bot match later
Holy smokes I suck at aiming. The build strat is to go in with Netherstep, fire all three shots with Defiance. The cards will then reset your cooldowns and regenerate almost all your ammo should you land all three shots, and stepping away will grant you sustain. I'm going to have to practice with this build alot, I'm not used to speedster playstyles like this.

I wonder why I haven't seen any Androxus player in the pro scene use that.

over the line

>implying anyone wants Airy
Airy a shit

it's shit because you have to use defiance, you might as well just kill them normally.

You can have fun with it though.

It's pretty shit but can work against 2 tank comps

If only they could get people outside of the hardcore playerbase hyped for bug fixes. It's hard to get articles written about bugs without them being really interesting or really well known.

well we can't have everything we want

Oh yeah, you're right. Defiance is still a terrible ability with damage that is way too low. Still though having that escape option through Defiance so you can continue playing him like usual seems pretty useful to me. I don't know, I'm a Frontline main so when it comes to mobile flankers I'm as clueless as anyone.

Defiance would be a lot better if it actually worked too.

>Bomb Kong's shield destroying card inexplicably doesn't work against half the shields in the game
uh

BOMB KING NERFS WHEN

I CAN'T ENJOY MY KING ANYMORE NOW THAT LITERALLY ANYONE CAN PLAY HIM AND DO WELL, I FEEL LIKE A SHITTER

Let me guess Defiance doesn't give you bonus 500 damage on top of the potential 900 damage from landing all three shots. Because of this and the reduced damaged from the initial three shots you are gimping your own damage potential by using a waste of an ability slot.
We say goooooddbyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeee mmooon man.
>Wah people are good with Bomb King no one should be allowed to use him effectively but me
Your king is disappointed with your selfishness. You don't deserves his hugs.

How about we just remove Androxus?

Sounds good.

Just fix the killcam lag

It gives me diabetes.

4-man QA team :^)

he's suffering from "soldier syndrome" where he's easy to get into but to master him still takes a lot of time. playing him against an actual competitive team in a fully drafted game, you better have a good BK player or he'll get shut down hard. I still expect damage or AoE nerfs on him soon considering Hi-Rez tho

What would sex with Inara feel like?

Disappointing like her in game.

Like bags of sand

Ha, ha! Riiight! Go on then.

removing androxus, viktor, ruckus and kinessa would be the easiest improvement to the game I can think of right now.

Soft.

I'm fine with Ruckus but the rest can go and this game would be 10 times better.

Okay, I can sort-of understand Androxus in his current state, but what's wrong with Rukus and Kinessa?

Snipers aren't fun to play against

Yes, yes.

I agree with this fair proposal.

You know, I am somewhat upset that the game changed from full-time projectile weapons to have hit scans. Why did that happened? Ruckus with projectiles, buck with flack Cannon seemed to be much more fun.
But I guess it's too hard for some people to know how to trace targets?

Yep. Kinessa is better than most, but still not great.

That sounds like fun and would totally balance half of the characters we have as long as they don't add "lag compensation" IE Autoaim.

Why was it removed?

>"lag compensation" IE Autoaim
That's not exactly the same thing.

Its not about how strong or weak they are in the current patch. Those characters are just linear and boring. It makes them difficult to balance because if they have big numbers they stomp, and if they have small numbers they're unplayable. The amount of effort it would take to fix them would be more like a complete rework, in the mean time they shouldn't be selectable.

Hirez has a raging boner for hitscan. See also: tribes, a franchise about air-to-air projectile weapons, being dominated by snipers for 99% of the games lifespan.

HiRez didn't make-

>that sudden realization that these are the same people that fucked over Tribes Ascend

VGS

>muh tribes

>dominated by snipers
>snipers could only do 600 damage MAXIMUM, when everyone had 2000 HP minimum

snipers served one purpose: cucking pathfinders that sacrificed HP to go fast. They did their job very well, but that was literally all they could do. They were hot trash in pub games.

Hi-Rez sucks

sniper damage wasn't enormous but in practical game terms they were the only ones who could reliably damage a flag runner with a practiced route.

they didn't "dominate" in the sense of 1v1 dueling everyone instakilling constantly but it didn't really matter if you could kill them since respawn times were so low and the spawn points were some of the best sniper spots.

Let's be fair, they fucked tribes over super hard

their attempts at making the most money got in the way of making the best additions to the game.

>snipers prevented fast
unredeemable sin

They wanted the console audience, never forget that Hi-Rez is making this game for console players too. Remembering that should help keep your expectations low

It was a game concept that couldn't not get fucked up. A niche very-skill-based shooter that got most of its attention for being in an old series whose fans wanted to play the originals. That still doesn't have an effect on their newer titles, no matter how many years of Tribes fans proclaiming Smite/Paladins/whatever is totally doomed to fail.

Does the Root on axe throw replace the cripple, or is there something I'm missing about Evie's blink

it's a crippleroot

You MIGHT be able to instant iceblock to cleanse it and then blink out though, I don't know.

Ying needs some kind of cc ability. every other support has one but her.

crowd control is anti-fun

Is this game worth picking up again. Stopped playing in november.

It depends why you stopped. Did you think they needed another currency?

Got bored mostly.

There's a bunch more champions now and more ways to play them now, so that might be fun, but it's not much different.

There is like 4 or 5 new champs, 1 new map, legendary card system, new mode survival, PvE and test map queue

If you got bored you will get bored again after a week

She needs something she can do when the other team gets cauterize.

>1 new map
Seriously? The fuck.

All the other new maps are in the testing area. I think there's a new payload map, but I don't play that mode.

There's like a dozen in testing right now. There's also two for Survival, which are sort of new.

>There's like a dozen in testing right now.
That sounds promising. Might just wait until they're released then.

Oh and hope you enjoy bugs. They've been piling up for several patches now and there is no fix in sight.

you aren't going to be cauterized ALL the time

That's cute that you think that.

You can play them right now, you don't even need to go on a separate PTS or anything. They just aren't decorated but they have a kind of cool CS orange map aesthetic to them.

Oh they're in matchmaking?

When you queue for a casual match you can opt in to playing on test maps which have their own separate list from regular siege or payload.

You can't play them in ranked but noone plays ranked anyway.

he's suffering from the syndrome of his bombs' radius being basically as big as salvo's
it's impossible to miss with him now, old bk was like the soldier

Name a better map than Jaguar Falls.

I'll wait.

Serpent beach is my favorite since the rework. Much more verticality than the other maps, even if it's not really that much.

Frog Isle

badlands maps when

Badwater Basin map when

Probably performance/accuracy issues with a shitload of projectiles with spread.

test queue, anons.

Jaguar is the best, it reminds me of times when capping speed was dependant on how many people you had on point and Nando was a king of the game.
It's also Shitnessa's worst map so less cancer the better.

Every patch they are messing up a blast champion.
Pip was always easy to play but then got explosion radius buffed for some reason, then Drogoz and 1000 combustible bugs now it's BK.
I can't wait for Fernando's turn.

That cool map with portals in the spawn out of the test queque when?

>get called an auto aimer as grohk
>get told I'm reported
>by a bad drogoz
lol?

I sincerely hope that they will dump reworking Frog Isle, map is perfect the way it is.

>There are some people that haven't heard of Maelstrom Grohk

>beat a lex at credits
gz

anyone better than me is an aimbotter and anyone worse than me is a shitter scrub

>In almost all areas except damage, Lex performed worse than Grohk
>still almost as much credits
They are going to nerf his credits income, I'm sure.

Well yeah, people have been asking for this since his release.

I much prefers the game's support more than overwatch.
It gets more balance change than overwatch. In more heroe than overwatch. Some are really small but still can help them slowly progress, and some are huge.
It gets more REAL CONTENT than overwatch. 1 champions every month feels really good, fresh playstyle out of the oven. More maps (alright, i agree with one thing, they release TOO MANY TESTING MAP and NO FULLY WORKING AND TEXTURED MAPS!).
The champions have a more original playstyle like BK and Mal damba.
TTK is higher. I came back to overwatch and i couldnt believe how projectile weapon like Mercy/Hana/Orisa are annoying because of their high firerate meaning they never miss you but also because of their relatively high damage meaning they never miss you and generally it's a race to kill them generally.
Also shield. Jesus christ, how shield are annoying in overwatch guy.. it's really annoying to feels like you have no impact on any character because of Reinhardt/Orisa. Winston shield is way better because atleast it feels like you have a chance to destroy it, but most of the time nobody try to destroy shield.

Just tried that. I like it.

>The champions have a more original playstyle like BK and Mal damba
Damba needs a projectile arc buff, it arcs way too much.

What? I think Mal damba arc is fine and pretty intuitive

You could spit further than his projectile fires, you aren't hitting anything unless you're in their face contesting the point. God help you if you're taking the point uphill.

>game lags out halfway through a match
>the kind where everyone is just running in place
>can still chat with team, usual shit like "gg hirez" and "it'll fix in a sec"
>it doesn't
>grover asks "so what other games do you play?"
>spend next 10 minutes or something just talking in chat because fuck it
>game suddenly continues
>we stomp, pretty sure other team just left and were replaced with bots
>grover gives me discord username in lobby
>new tree friend

thanks hirez

What's the phrase for this? Isn't it "CAN'T WAKE UP!"?

Anybody know any fixes for the sound stutter issue?