/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

>Ruined the fight club:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_-mvEEezoAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IT'S OUT

WHERE

IS

THE

TIERLIST

everything is outdated AF

What does update 1.12 do?

Still can't download update on Xbox1.
Still can't play online.

In honor of the most badass protag of the season, I will be playing Kaban through the last DLC.

Help me stat her up guys.

>tfw TRC has no amazing chest

Is there a better weapon than raw ass for leveling caster builds?

Did anyone managed to close Sirris storyline in a blind playthrough?

Why the hell would anyone go back in that bridge that has absolutely nothing to farm, no items, no mobs? Specially when you consider that there are THREE bonfires in that area with nothing between them (Wolnir/Irythill/Central Irythill).

I'm talking about Sirris here, but that can be said for most NPCs questlines, specially the secondary ones.

Since she can't do anything, it's a lvl 1, torch only run.

does anyone know how CE rosaria rebirths work in the table? the checkboxes dont do anything

Is refined still the best infusion for straight/ curved swords? I suck at making/ committing to builds outside the normal DEX/STR.

there is no feeling in this game more satisfying than parrying + hornet riposting a host and ripping their tongue out as 3 suncucks stand around watching in horror

nanananana~

Who?

Raw corv knife with great magic weapon?

So now would be the time that MS fucking up is a risk right

Are you me?

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

But she can tho.

Maybe some sort of pyro

I didn't finish any NPC quest on my first playthrough. Met onionbro at the Undead Settlement, then never saw him again. I saw sirris twice at the Shrine but never found the summon marks. For Anri I didn't know we had to kill the assassin who's a fucking statue. And for the whole hollow quest, how are you supposed to know that you have to die to gain more than one free level and become bacon ?

Is Sister Friede meant to just be "hope you brought a good shield lol"? Her attacks are all 360 and don't do much on block.

Nah heavy is now best for longsword abd darksword, curved swords are probably better sharp but I haven't checked

Based Nito

Has anyone tested the Lothric War Banner buff online to see if it's useless? The buff itself lasts long enough for a dual and since it's 15% regardless of damage type it'd be pretty good on split damage weapons.

It obviously has to be an Int build.

What time does the DLC drop? Midnight on the 27th or what?

thatsthejoke.jpeg

But since a level 1 can do all of those thing, go for a level 1 torch run.

Goes away if you stash the banner so you must keep the banner out for the duration of the buff.

OH SHIT XBOX VERSON UPDATE

UPDATE NOTES

Of course not. Souls 3 quests are terrible.

9:00 pm pst tomorrow I think

Source

No, in fact, she's ">using shields" personified
Better start rolling!!

Am I the only one that enjoys brawls more than duels?

Does no one do MS Paint Soulsborne comics anymore? I haven't seen regular Dork Souls MS Paint comics since Dork Souls 1, now it's all fanart

>Goes away if you stash the banner
I know. Having a spear out isn't really a downside, you're just forced into using weapons that are good one handed.

S
Exile Greatsword

Else.

>Not using the black knight glaive

you guys retarded or something?

No

So i tried some of the weapons from the DLC against people in the arena, here the thoughts -

>Weeb blade of darkness
Meh. it's cool, i admit, but it's basicaly a kat with worse L2 R1 and i guess a better L2 R2 in a way?
Cool for Vergil cosplay i guess.

>ringed straight sword
it's alright. Stance is good, but wished it worked like the edgy scythes stance. Still, a good weapon overall. stanced R1 is good roll catcher and have good hyper armor, and people keep panicking rolling

>spin halberd
it's a halberd with a meh weapon art as far as i feel it. it's looks cool as shit but not really useful. maybe i'm using it wrong.

>Greatsword of flipping
greatswords are really, really good right now, and this WA is really good actually, far better than the poor Artorias sword (which the DS2 version is still the greatest)

>Paired ringed knight Ultra greatsword
this fucking weapon i swear to god. this is how the farron greatsword SHOULD have worked.
Insane damage, over 600 AR. first L1 is useful for closing distance and roll catching, allow you to go more aggresive. as far as i know, and i tested it with a friend - CANNOT be parried. i repeat, CANNOT be parried. if the two swords hits, you can combo it into second L1 for easy almost 1000 damage.
R1 for baiting rolls, into L1 L1 and again, almost 1000 damage.
and for god sake the weapon art is fucking amazing. L2 R2 is ok, but L2 R1 is fucking amazing. also, L2 does a flame surge that hit shit from a little range, so it's can cock block some dexfags

overall, good DLC weapons. Still wished for Santier spear/puzzling stone sword/Bone fist, but guess only DaS2 have the cool stuff.

2man brawl is kinda fun since you can't just get 1 lucky win.
All the group modes are pure retarded though.

Of the edit or the show? Kemono Friends is the show edit is I dunno

No. Duels are boring most of the time. I got gold medal for duels on 2 characters, never again.

>see's Velka mentioned
>locks doors and windows

The Velkafags will be around. Don't go out tonight.

Based Uncle Nito

>spoiler's in the patch note's

But her attacks are easier to handle with a shield tho...

>game balance improvements
please let it be a nerf to the Exile CGS and a fix for the Painting Guardian CS bs

I have never once been able to complete any character quest in any souls game without a guide.
They're typically pretty convoluted.

Where is the Ringed City starting point at?

I tried brawling once and didn't find a match in 10 minutes.

This can't be a coindicence, right? Velka will be an NPC or a boss in the DLC, right?

This is your last chance, From, she just HAS to be

>And for the whole hollow quest, how are you supposed to know that you have to die
Well, I think that comes naturally, The Hollow questline was quite forgiving compared to the other ones. Siegward was kinda tricky late game, Sirris was absolutely horrible, it was great ruining her quest because I simply gave a pale tongue to Rosaria, missing out on the entire Darkmoon Covenant. Didnt played regular Anri quest yet. Yellowfinger Heysel is an ass, just for a fucking gesture.

Maybe, yeah. I think DaS1 had a more natural flow, even with the more openess of the world. Its pretty hard to fuck up Solaire quest per exemple. Siegmeyer delayed me a little because we had to go back to Blighttown to find him and progress.

>expecting big plot payoffs from From
lol

>tfw weapons like Friede's Scythe and Onyx Blade are going to look bland compared to TRC weapons

So this confirms that Spear of the Church isn't a boss then.

>this fucking weapon i swear to god. this is how the farron greatsword SHOULD have worked.
yup. best invasion weapon in a walk

nope, i love brawls. They feel a bit more like multi-covenant invasions to me.

new spells any good

A sol? I thought it was a girl who explored dungeons

Oh..

Yeah, its pretty fucked up. If at least some of the NPCs were more visible, like Siegward hiding in the fucken well per example, I never found him in the first play.

Pure int or splash into faith and go pyro?

Also gotta get dex probably because you gotta have dex to make things.

Miracles are good, Sorceries/hex's are eh and Pyromancy got a decent fan spell and shit lingering flame.

prior dlc end or kiln

the bonfire to access it is 10 meters away from the one before Soul of Cinder.

>but guess only DaS2 have the cool stuff
>only DaS2
>DaS3 has molten twin ultra greatsword's
?

sweet dude, thanks!

How old are you, /dsg/?
No reason I'm asking other than curiosity, but I generally find the Souls games - at least people who play them a lot - tend to skew a little older than most others.

I'm probably tipping the age scale significantly on my own here; I'm 43.

Flawless Game design

Any decent heavy infused spears?

23 and down to fuck

C-can you drop a Paired UGS for me?

>Using shields

Haven't you played Bloodborne?

It still baffles me that Bloodborne has its own general

23, probably about average.
Although I started playing when I was 16.

Papa Nito is a big cutie.

>No Request Hand Job option

FROM YOU HAD ONE LAST CHANCE. NOW VELKA IS RUINED FOREVER.

30 and a wizard.

that one's for the people who don't own the Ashes of Ariandel DLC

the intended entrance to the second DLC is right after Friede's bonfire

BB still gets regular threads on /v/. I think BB will outlast das3.

>coffin

Oh, this is gonna get sexy

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on that latest big balance patch a few days ago?

What are the most important balance changes of it?

In how many hours does the DLC release?

>Game balance improvements

Why can't Japs into patch notes jesus fucking christ

Watching this video made me suddenly start winning 98% of the fights at Pontiff

youtube.com/watch?v=_-mvEEezoAI

Fucking gook.

It was that hard putting an extra option in the menu of the bonfire that already existed? or at least not making it a bonfire at all? Like a portal, or an NPC or something? Even DaS1 did that, way more naturally, to go to Oolacile.

Kill all japs.

23 and NEET.

Can't talk about BB here with PCucks getting triggered. Genuinely.

who else here /oneweapononly/? I found the Executioner's blade and fell in love. Its looks, its move set. The fact that it restores a good chunk of my FP back on my support miracle based guy is amazing as well.

Blessed shield, blessed weapon buff my blade, Princess Ring, the + FP per kill from my blade, and +HP per kill from Evil eye ring makes for a really hard to kill motherfucker.

Evil eye ring swapped for something else for a boss fight obviously. If given the time, I also can give myself bountiful light and regen almost 10 HP per second.

That happened many, many times to me.
I'm sure there were people that found Siegmeyer in Blighttown or Lucatiel in Black Gulch without a guide, but I sure the fuck never did.
Special mention to Siegmeyer's quest, that's easily the most convoluted shit in the entire series alongside getting Mephistopheles to show up in the Nexus.

Yes, and BB has mechanics to support not using shields erver.

3 doesn't.

22, I started playing souls when DaS got released on PC so it's been a minute.

Version 5. Looks better, but I might scrap the background entirely, it's kind of hard to see some of the key items since everything in this game is so fucking dark.

same

Whats with Dark Souls and 23yo people?

Threadly reminder that Gwyn did NOTHING wrong

>Special mention to Siegmeyer's quest
Two words

A S H

L A K E

I would never find that shit

That's just the average age of people on Veeky Forums. It never changes.