Who were the biggest meme soldiers in history?

Who were the biggest meme soldiers in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X_eitsafGWw
es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio_Costa_de_Granada
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gettysburg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Winged hussars.

Spartans because they were literally a meme even in antiquity

+1

19th century Italians

They weren't a meme, they were just too busy keeping their own subjects suppressed 24/7 to do much of anything useful.

The SS

germanic doppelsoldiers for sure
else
all

>cavalry archer memes

Maybe not in history but definitely in modernity.

>helots
>citizens

>btfo, the thread

I didn't call them citizens, I called them subjects.

Is that even a question?

>samurai
>soldiers

This. The samurai were enforcers of the emperor, and were proficient only at killing unarmed farmers. The ninjas gave them a run for their money.

what do they say, you're only as good as your last defeated opponent, +1?

Cataphracts were actually useful unlike the supreme meme Varangian Guard

What the fuck is a meme soldier?

"Ninjas" never existed they werd made up in the 60s for movies and to scam fat westeners with bullshido

I assume a soldier whose reputatuin is much bigger than their actual worth in real battles.

Ninjas as black-pajama warriors like you see them represented didn't exist, but actual ninjas did exist as plain-clothes spies and assassins.

japanese kamakazee pilots, islamic suicide bombers, school shooters

Samurais got their asses kicked by the Cinese army in Korea. Do I need to say more?

oh and hitler

>nobody mentioned the Swiss yet

They got buttfucked into European Neutrality in the 16th Century, but people still can't stop sucking their dicks about how good mercenaries they are.

Undefeated for 127 years, freund.

Vikings.

Having some impressive feats is exactly what made them a biggest meme in the entire Polish history.

youtube.com/watch?v=X_eitsafGWw

link related, your theme song

What am I looking at?

>the supreme meme Varangian Guard

Fucking this.

danish frog corps

Tercios

/thread

>get shit done
>meme
butthurt german detected

Nobody has gotten the correct answer yet.

That also and amazons

The German Army in WWI.
The Army of the CSA.

five Daric have been deposited in your account

Confederates performed much better than the Union armies did in even strength matches. Despite being poorly equipped and supplied. The Union just out produced and had hundreds of thousands of disposable immigrants to throw at the South.

I understand your sentiment, but your conclusions are quite a ways off the mark

>durr they didnt fight fair dats why we didnt win

Is it possible that the slavery economy made the south so backwards it had no industry or incentive for immigrants to go there and didnt have a chance anyway?

Aye this nigga stupid as fuck

I don't think he was implying that the Union didn't fight fair; he was implying that the Confederate army weren't "meme soldiers" due to their regularly outperforming their Union counterparts

Am I the only one who thought the hilt was his dick?

Thats only because the confederates were fighing a defensive war against an incompetently led opposing force for most of the war

Gurkhas

not cause they don't get shit done, but in the manner they do it

The Confederates did well offensively too so
>MUH DEFENSE
is moot

He said meme soldiers not dank meme soldiers

The British in the Second World War are a strong competitor

>Dominated Europe for 200 years
>Meme

Anglo cunt

>I will kill you
What did he mean by this?

common islamic greeting to someone you wish peace upon

This is so noticeable in history video games. Longbowman are always OP as fuck

How were the Tercios a meme? I'm curious. They had pretty good success. Didn't they BTFO out of the Turks at Lepanto when it came to hth combat and have widespread success in genereal?

Why does he have a rat on his patch?

You mean the guard that performed well in literally every battle they fought in?

>They got buttfucked into European Neutrality
No, just french neutrality.

landsknechts
winged hussars
Napoleon's old guard
samurais
ninjas
indian rajputs
tatar archers
cossacks
italian soldiers

Elephants

I think he meant that "samurai" is a class of people, meaning men, women and children, anyone under the hereditary heir or appointed but the shogunate, rather than a term for warrior

>landsknechts
literally comprised a large % of central European armies for a century or two.
>winged hussars
a decent heavy cavalry force
>Napoleon's Old Guard
literally outperformed the best Austrian, Prussian, Russian, and British units regularly, especially in regards to the officer corp.
>italian soldiers
you mean that its a meme that they're so bad?

African child soldiers.

Generally they're around 15 yet the media still treat them like they're infants with one foot out of the crib.

>Didn't they BTFO out of the Turks at Lepanto when it came to hth combat

lol no

war elephants were always meant to be used for psychological shock purposes, not as an actual replacement for heavy cavalry

t. expert on ancient and medieval Indian warfare

good point
nigs do worse shit in america on a daily basis and at younger ages
at least soldiers are getting some discipline
although it's still fucking horrible

Ah October 25, 1415, best day of my life

Scythed Chariots

It's clearly these guys

>Everyone sucks their dicks over 'muh l33t warrior culture'
>Regularly BTFO by part time militia
>In constant fear of their slaves
>Infamous for always finding excuses to not fight/leave their homeland
>Consort with the enemies of Greece in fight against Athens
>Finally manages to defeat Athens only after the city suffered plague and the loss of an entire generation due to war
>Get kicked out of city after a decade and ruin the jewel of Greece forever

Meme soldiers, through and through

British units are a meme in any game thanks to endless Anglo propaganda infecting even video games.

Republican Guard, 1990. They were memed so hard the world thought they were gonna be a threat. 4th largest army in the world don't mean shit when your soldiers are fools and your generals smart enough to pull them the fuck out when NATO started pulling German invasion maneuvers

nobody seriously thought they were a threat against the combined might of US, NATO, and UN-assembled coalition.

against a neighboring country like Iran, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, or Saudi Arabia? Sure.

the 'elite Republican Guard' didn't even have any sort of body armor on ffs

US Marines

this 2bh

they've been a propaganda meme since WWII (when they actually mattered)

actual wars are won by air power now

>actual wars are won by air power now
Wrong. Air power is massively overrated. Wars are, as they have almost always been, won by infantry. Everything else is just support for the infantry. Air force was as its most useful in WW2 when there were hundreds of thousands of planes made.

Which is what makes them a meme

es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio_Costa_de_Granada

>Confederates performed much better than the Union armies did in even strength matches.
The use of antiquated tactics on both sides favored the defender, and in most of the cases the defender was the confederacy. To put it in perspective, the bayonet charge was about as effective in the Civil war as it was in World War I, and it wasn't for lack of trying, either.

The moment that the Confederates went on the offensive, Gettysburg happened.

And in any event that only mattered in the eastern theater. General Grant had no problems smacking the confederates up and down the Mississippi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gettysburg

Saying modern wars are won by any specific division of a military isn't realistic. Every component plays a crucial role and complements another one. Air power is equally important to infantry. In some instances infantry is more
Useful. In a lot of instances infantry might not be used at all. It depends on objectives. Air strikes might meet your logistical and political constraints better than boots on the ground.

>Saying modern wars are won by any specific division of a military isn't realistic

It only took 2 planes to beat Japan.

>implying it's not
TO BECOME SAMURAI ONE MUST MAKE MANY SACRIFICES

Got beaten by homos too

>>Infamous for always finding excuses to not fight/leave their homeland

Explain

Desert Rats patch.

BIG

Poland was only conquered twice in her entire history.

clearly the motherfuckin Assyrians, google the battle of the twelve kings where they ass raped 12 nations including: Egypt, niggers, sand-niggers, the two Aryan kings of the north..

>he doesn't realize Japan lost the war at Midway
wew lad

this post is a meme

Everything Wehraboo

You need only look at Vietnam to know why that's not true.

Vietnam is not the best example. You're probably referring to the clusterfuck that was Rolling Thunder, but The Paris Peace Accords came about because of Linebacker and Linebacker II. The NVA literally came to the table because they were tired of getting the everliving shit bombed out of them to the point that they couldn't mount an offensive.

The Germans were 60-70 miles from Paris you cuck

>rajputs
>kept arabs at bay when everyone west of them got overrun repeatedly by islamic hordes.
>bled successive sultanates dry
>formed an important part of early british military successes against the marathas.

>nearly perfect anti cavalry weapon
>regularly were an important component of subcontinental armies right up until the marathas gained power
>meme
no user. You are the meme.

they also lost

Spartans. They were just stubborn rednecks using outdated tactics which is why a bunch of twinks from Thebes and nerds from Athenes kicked their asses.

Vikings because killing unarmed people and getting wrecked the moment someone picks up a pitchfork is hardly fucking impressive.

And they got stopped by less numerous Frenchmen in taxi cabs...

How are they a meme, the English army was so dis-proportionally Long bowmen at Agincourt yet they still won, and they fucked the Crossbowmen at Crecy
never played a game were the British units were OP, they always have seemed accurate to me, you sound butt hurt

>dude they are vikings lmao xD
>that's why the first recruits came from Kievan Rus where only the ruling class (which slavicized quickly anyway) had any norse blood
>that's why it consisted only of Saxons later on xD