/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

HACKER EDITION

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YlBnJ0egT_4
youtube.com/watch?v=APfedkre9Rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nth for 9S

Skins dlc when?? Emile for 9S, kaine for 2B???

Should have been bullshit philosophy edition

ass

This is the edition number 36
Pls include the number
My autism starts pulsating when I see it not there

>the best warrior in the forest
>has a gold plated damage sponge shield
>tasked to guard a grave rathen than the throne room
Machine King II surrounded by retards

5 cute facts about A2:

- She's a girl!
- She's a killer android!
- I love her!!!!!
- A2!!!!!!!!!!!

It's hard to be mad when they admit that themselves.

9S doujin of him downloading himself in an spare 2B body when??

THIS IS THREAD #36!
PLEASE ADD #37 INTO THE SUBJECT OF THE NEXT THREAD PLEASE

I really want to like this game way more, but the story is just so fucking depressing. The fact that all humans are already wiped out and the only thing left is robots and the Androids just kills all the fun for me. I love the combat and the music, but I don't think I can really get into this game or the series as a whole. I can deal with tragic stories to an extent, as I've enjoyed manga series like Berserk and Ichi the Killer, but something about Nier is different.

I mean if at least a handful of humans were around with the machines I'd be fine with that, but they're all fucking gone. JUST

>i dlnt like the game cause its depressing
It Taro, what were you expecting?? Care Bears?

N:A is babymode when it comes to depressing. It's pretty run of the mill.

Nier is quality stuff though.

Emil is sort of human.

It was fun and i'm going to bed so i'll leave this here in the hopes i have some shit to glean when i recorporate or undeath or reboot or whatever it is sleep ultimately turns out to be.

Repost cuz came in at the end of last thread:

So the S units are really the ones in charge, doing recon, solving problems, etc. Whereas the B/E units are there as grunts for combat backup, and to kill their assigned S unit if they ever learn the truth about humanity. Is this correct?

And if so, does this mean 2B already knew the truth? If so, why is it fine for her to know and not 9S? Why wouldn't they also wipe her memory of the truth after the S unit is killed and wiped?

Sorry I made this thread on my phone, I knew I was missing something

Cypress Stick or Iron Pipe?

Drakengard 1: What in the name of fuck is going on
Nier: No happy endingsgood bye my friends
Drakengard 3: Fuck this, fuck that, good knight sweet robot
Nier 2: Nothing is gonna be alright

how do you know which chips stack? just test/guess?

do they all stack?

I can stack the regen health ones, can I stack the shock wave ones?

>NieR: A is too sad
You are like a baby
Watch this.

Yeah, thought that was the connection the story was making.

All % one stack to a limit (damage is 100%, move speed is 20%)

Shockwave do no stack

stick + crit chips

>Nier 2: Nothing is gonna be alright

I mean, other than the revelation about humanity, it's a happy ending. Due to the pods not only backing up their personality data but also their current memories (which i don't totally get as i thought 2B was dead forever because of virus corruption; is the credits bullet hell sequence supposed to be the pod curing the virus or somethig), 9S, A2, and 2B are all still alive

Drakengard 1: youtube.com/watch?v=YlBnJ0egT_4

I really wish there was at least one route where Two was still sane, her DLC wasn't enough and was also garbage like every other dlc

>N:A is babymode when it comes to depressing.
Oh, I don't know. I thought Route C had some pretty hard hitting moments as far as Taro's work goes. Though it's easily the happiest ending he's done.

Really? Even though Pipe stuns and has higher damage? Hm.

Keep playing. It gets sadder and happier from route A. But i promise you won't feel as sad after ending E. Emptier, but less sad. At least that's how it went for me. Get out of her before you get spoiled

To be fair true humanity went poof in the early 2000, the only True Human ever after full project Geltast is Yorna fused with Shade Yorna. Which only lasted 5 years. After that, all left if replicants

I know user it bothers me a little too.........

The credit sequence is ensuring that the story doesn't end, and I assume that in so doing we have essentially insured that literal magic is allowed.

How are you dealing with the post-game emptiness, /ndg/?

>will never get to see the fun family times 9S, A2, and 2B have after the E ending

>tfw I was genuinely interested in seeing Caim and Manah's story continue

>but their story had to be saddled to Nowe's.

Why is Pascal's design so different? It doesnt go with the modular parts thing the machines have.

Sure, but replicants are humans, essentially. They were at least a chance for a second shot at life/civilization

Replicant were husk, but not really humans humans.

>and was also garbage like every other dlc
As playable content, of course, very much like Drakengard 3 as whole in most occasions.
But Story and character building wise, I really enjoyed them all.

If they went ahead and made Drakengard 4 I'm curious if they'd keep the stage-based format of the previous games or if they'd consider something more like Automata.

Did you mean to quote me there, senpai?

DLC is perfect happy ending the game mode is locked to very hard

He looks more humanoid (and has "cute" or at the very least comical proportions) so that you'll grow to like him more, a setup for the inevitable fall like everything else in this series.

Well, they were after they developed personalities. After that point they were no longer husks

>Devola and Popola will never be in a Metal Gear game

I love 2B9S!

チラㇱ

Sorry, misclicked.

Would not all eventually die anyway cause of the shadss relapce and the black crawl??

One hit mode in this game isn't difficult per se, unless you try to go balls to the wall. You can substitute an ability to withstand tedium for skill.

It's fine. This is fine. Totally fine and not creepy. We're all gonna be just fine. Healthy non crazy negotiations.

Just fine.

I'm still a little confused about that. How were the pods able to salvage 2B? I thought the whole point was that she was permanently dead, data unrecoverable due to the logic virus?

Also if pods have the ability to back up yorha units, why weren't they doing it the whole time after the bunker blew up? Was it a new ability they developed when they became self-conscious? Because if so the game really didn't make that clear.

Just to make him look more distinctive from a character perspective.

Story-wise, he might have made adjustments to himself over the years.

>I can't deal with media that isn't human-centric, waaaa

Guess you're just an idiot then. Characters don't need to be human to be interesting, and humans not being around is a huge part of the plot.

Oh! But the most sympathetic character is still kind of human, if you count Emil

Dont you wanna be like God user???

2B's memories were preserved in her sword

What if perman kill

This was probably my favorite segment of the game. I knew things would go tits up but I wasn't expecting "homicidal robot Jonestown".

BECOME

>there are people who sell the children's cores

That is why they all eventually died, user

Technically the only way for the replicants to survive into the future would've been.

1. The shadowlord succeeds in his plan, so he doesn't relapse causing all shades to quickly relapse
2. The replicants kill every gestalt within a matter of years to minimize the number of relapses.
3. They kill the shadowlord last.

It's impossible that this ever would've happened but it technically would've allowed the replicants to live as normal humans going forward, at least until the alien attack fucked them up anyway

I haven't played the original Nier or Automata but I've been spoiled for it and it makes me feel unmotivated to try playing it. Please convince me

The stuff with the camera angles was amazing.

Proposal: Drakengard 4, developed by Omega Force.

I don't even know how you get them. I assume you have to desecrate the corpses of children, in which case

>there are people that have ever had children's cores in their inventory

If you've never negotiated peace under the ominous torchlight of a dark ceremonial chamber then you've just never negotiated peace before.

>bruce lee robot
>speed stat robot
>new to self awareness robots
>valley robots
Whats up with then and tha fucking drive to kill emselvs??

The S units are just Scouts, they aren't in charge of anything. 9S is simply the latest model in their line and has very good specs. Scouts don't usually get partners, they work alone, 9S having too high specs and being too intelligent makes him a danger since he's very likely to stumble upon information that isn't supposed to become public, but on the other hand he's too valuable for the war effort so Command designated 2B as a killswitch to make sure that becomes a problem but still benefit greatly from his superior specs. 2B doesn't know about anything as far as we know, she is just doing her duty, fulfilling her purpose, by eliminating whatever Command tells her to.
Why don't they wipe 2B's memories together with 9S's whenever the killswitch triggers? Who the fuck knows. It's possible that a 9S at some point arranged for her memory backups to not work as normal, it's also possible the Commander knew about the Bunker destruction plan and wanted her most competent soldiers to form a bond past just being colleagues and intended for them to live on without YoRHa and the bunker in some fashion, it's left open to interpretation until we get some info on it

They still couldn't have children, and they would have had to convince the androids to continue to administer the replicant system.

Where do you get the stick? I have the pipe but only got it after beating the game.

But i dont want another musuo game, hunting down all weapons in D1was enough 1 vs army for a lide time

then I assure you I've not enough ability to withstand tedium to substitute for the skill that would be required

I thought Two's DLC was the best part of the game though. I think all of the sister's chapters should have been spliced in after Branch A.

Funnily enough that's the area I just reached, this fishing combined with the music is an odd thing, I've never felt so irritated and serene at the same time.

Still doesn't explain the pods not backing up people before that point, unless like i said it was a new ability.

Aren't all yorha backed up in their swords? So when 2B died, shouldn't 9S have been less "waaaaagh I'm crazy now 2B is deaaaad must kill A2 for reveeenge" and more "what a horrible inconvenience, must kill A2 to get 2B's sword and then i can bring 2B back to life!"

It's only logical.
youtube.com/watch?v=APfedkre9Rg

I think 2B does know, but my only evidence is that scene after the prologue where 9S does his humanity salute and 3B clenches her fists angrily

The character building was great, but the gameplay was garbage like the rest. Absolutely nothing interesting in that arena.

I'm going with the Commander getting sick of the cycle of war and decided to 2B, 9S and A2 retain their memories and run their course.

Ive always wondered how the replicants developing personalites worked. Like how did they just wake up one day, already aged to a certain degree, fully formed, and yet no memories of their lives during the chlorinationpocalypse. Do they yave false memories of growing up in postapocalyptic fantasy land or what? Does nier 1 ever address this? I cant recall

Replicants can't reproduce, and they cease reincarnating if their Gestalt is dead. Also, since Shadowlord was the only thing keeping most of the Gestalts stable, they're all gonna relapse and a mass breakout of Black Scrawl would occur.

From the very second the first Replicant gained sapience, the story was going to have a tragic end.

I could be completely making this up, but I think that the replicants had routines that they went through or something and that informed their personalites.

>Subconscious awareness that they're never off the network
>That every Idea that they've ever had is a meme planted in their programming from the network
>Life is being a slave to the network
>The only escape, the only freedom, is to cease function

You can buy them from Pascal after that happens. They sell for 50k, and you can only have one at a time. I keep them in my pocket since I'm the only one who'd remember them.
Before the forest king's castle, there's an area leading to Pascal's village. One of the columns is leaning onto another; climb up, then hop on the arches. It's in a chest.

*From the very second the fate of the world was put in the hands of Devola and Popola, the story was going to have a tragic end.

>bunker destruction plan

Something else i didnt fully understand. So the logic virus infecting the bunker was planned? Intel said the bunker was meant to be destroyed when the new models were ready or whatever, but what the fuck does that mean?

Also while I'm at it what IS the logic virus and where did it come from

>protagonists spend 99% of the game slaughtering the machines indiscriminately and ignoring everything they say
>flying machine says "hey kid wanna come to my village?"
>WOW GOLLY GEE SURE! LEAD THE WAY BUDDY!
really gets those neurons firing

They're just having an existential crisis, without being equipped to deal with it because of their fundamental lack when it comes to humanity.

*From the very second Caim emerged above Tokyo the story was going to have a tragic end

This, programming all the Devola/Popola androids to always feel guilty was the smartest thing anyone in Nier has ever done.

Because SAAAAAAAAAAAD

>Aren't all yorha backed up in their swords? So when 2B died, shouldn't 9S have been less "waaaaagh I'm crazy now 2B is deaaaad must kill A2 for reveeenge" and more "what a horrible inconvenience, must kill A2 to get 2B's sword and then i can bring 2B back to life!"

This has been bothering me for a week

The pod thing too

2B = Toobie
9S = Nines
A2 = ?

Yeah, the fishing tutorial is awful, and you need a guide to figure out which bait to use for the sidequest. But the banter between Nier and Weiss, coupled with the atmospheric music/visuals had me end up doing the whole subplot anyway.

Aetoo

achoo

To be more specific, Speed Star seemed to have the motivation "My purpose in life is to go fast. I went fast. Therefore, there isn't anything else for me to do."

>The character building was great, but the gameplay was garbage
Yeah that's fair. I thought it had a step-up in variety and polish over the first Drakengard, but it still grated on me before the end.