2017 Chevy Spark

My shitbox is on her last legs, want to replace her with something new.
2017 Chebby Spark LS 5-speed manual for $13,995 is a pretty tempting deal. It's baby-blue, which is either a good or bad thing. I wouldn't mind a unique car.

Should I buy it?
Any experiences with the Spark?

I need ideas on a Vanity plate as well.
"FETTIG" German for Fatty
"FLOPPY"
"HAIRMTL"
"SH1TB0X" but I'm sure they won't allow that so maybe "SHTBX"
"JCKALPE" jackalope

Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6122285105.html
boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6121242501.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6131924189.html
boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6128463945.html
boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6116735132.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$14k? Get a corolla.

POTATO is always a good plate

I need a hatch. No dealer near me has base corollas in stock, the only other cheapish new manuals around are the Nissan Versas, and for the same price I think I'd rather have the Chevy. I've yet to drive one, but the Versa drives like utter shit, gearbox felt like crap.

>Has a dying shitbox, wants to replace it another shitbox.

What's wrong with your current car?

Get a Scion Xb

>year of our Lord
>buying cars

Gooood goy! Make sure you get plenty of sleep so you can go work for Mr. Sheckelstein tomorrow!

Body rust
Head gasket
Body rust
Wheel bearings
Slipping tranny
Body rust
Chipped windscreen
Trashed interior
Fucked suspension
INTERIOR RATTLING

Used? Nah, no interest in other people's ass sweat and bad driving.

Buying a new car is literally the stupidest fucking thing you could do. Get the duck off my board you normie shit for brains cuck.-

>I need a hatch.
for what?

Transporting bicycles, furniture, and taxidermy. Not to mention the fact that, in my mind, hatches look better than 4-door shitboxes.

Getting anything other than a Honda Fit will lead to nothing but regret and self loathing.

Why? I can pay cash for it, and I plan on keeping it until it dies.

>bicycles, furniture

Have you actually seen a fucking spark m8? The top of the rear seat lean back and are only about an inch or two away from the rear hatch. Unless your bike and your funriture is of the folding type, you wont get shit in there m8.

I can second a honda fit as a nice driving hatch but ive never drove their manual trans.

I can also vouch for the sparks lack of space.

4chang ate muh pic

Srsly - a Spark ?

For 14k you can get either a Fiesta, a Corsa, a Clio, 2 Sanderos, a Polo or about 1.000 microwaves.
And you srsly consider buying a piece of shit Spark ? A fucking 2017 updated Matiz ?

There's a good reason why Chevrolet bailed out of Europe...

14k cash or financing? How much down?

Cash, all of it down.

I'm in the US, can't get most of those. I was thinking of the Fiesta but I found the seats unbearable for more than 5 minutes. Gearbox was nice though, and it didn't feel pigfat.

Buy a used minivan for hauling.

Anything bigger you'd suggest around the same price?

I'm a bit spoiled, my current shitbox (PT Cruiser) is fucking cavernous inside, and the seats are removable.

get a used sonic m8

I have the 2016 spark 1lt cvt and there is no space. like NONE. that being said, if treated like a 2 seater and you won't really be carrying passengers, it should be fine enough.

I wish I got the manual and not the cvt, but I sit in traffic for over an hour a day, and I'm somewhat lazy.

I'm 6'2" and there is more than enough legroom andf headroom upfront for me, but that means no legroom in the back seat, and I sure as hell don't fit back there. When testdriving it, drive with the rear seats folded down. the front seat needs to go forward somewhat if you're tall, and your knees get squashed into the steering column.

The drive is nice enough, but the cvt can hesitate off the line for over a second before "hooking up" and going, which sucks, but whatever. There is enough tech in it with android auto and apple carplay support, and it's comfy enough for longer trips for me. Then again, my last car was a smart car. 20/month gets unlimited access to the wifi hotspot if you live in the USA. Canada? get rekt.

If you like it, get it. Don't let anyone decide for you. It's your life and your money. Do with it as you please.

im 6 foot 3 and i can sit in the back of a sanic atleast. in the front if i put the seat all the way back i cant even push the clutch all the way in.

however if i want optimum comfy in the front while driving leg room in rear gets pretty short.

>buying a new econobox
>buying a cvt
Kill yourself.

Same guy. Bike in spark

Honda Fit.

If you get anything other than a truck or minivan you're an idiot. You have to decide how important hauling your stupid shit is.

Do the rear seats come out?

Can't find any minivans in my area that aren't beat to shit or very expensive.

the seat bottom folds forward like the photo above mine, but you can completely remove the seat bottoms by unclipping the seat hinge mechanism from the car's frame. the hinge has a little give to it, and can be done without damage. Not the official way to do it, but it works. I'll get a photo in a bit

Post zip code or local Craigslist

Same guy. Pic of how it comes out

This tbqh senpai

>everyone in this thread is telling me to not get a spark
>im going to continue looking for any small way to justify buying it anyways

I'm not justifying anything, just curiosity about the car.

Seems like it may be too small for my needs after all.

I really don't like the Fit, and it's but I suppose it's worth reconsidering. It drove like a tin can and felt underpowered.

e63 amg wagon

>benchracing 2 literal grandmamobiles

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6122285105.html

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6121242501.html

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6131924189.html

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6128463945.html

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6116735132.html

Just get a Mitsubishi Mirage 5 speed it has a 10 year 100k warranty so it doesn't matter if it's low quality

If you want practicality get a honda fit.

>13k for a spark LS
nigga thats pretty much retail, my dealer typically keeps a base model manual around for $10k and an automatic for $11k

no it's too small and everyone will think you are a faggot

if you are a girl it's ok to buy

it's like if you bought a modern VW bug. girl = ok. otherwise NO FUCK OFF

you should buy like a 2013 Corolla that is certified preowned, or anything really

the real answer is sonic but none of you faggots even understand

sonic is stupid

can't he get a used Fiesta ST for ~$13k if it had some miles?

Do that instead x1000

oops forgot image, the sonic is much better driving because dat tarbo

well i paid 6800$ for mine so fuck the fiesta desu

though i almost bought a 2013 fiesta for 8800 instead

the 1.8 isnt turbo though but its still better than whatever the spark comes with

Easily but it might have shitty regular Fiesta seats, shitty color like lime green, or have racing stripes if they're that cheap. That or will have really high miles or be a salvage.

My mom has the old model, hardly maintained, never had a mechanical problem, slow as shit though. It's like a new production twingo.

Apparently you are since your current car is falling apart.

Who ever made this picture is a moron.
You have to lean the front seats forward to get it flat, and then lean them back after the rears are down.
Every hatchback is like that unless you're a manlet whose seats are all the way forward.

I am polar opposite of you. I would never, ever buy a new car. I usually buy seven to nine year old cars and drive them for five to eight years and then sell them for like $1000

There's a guy I see occasionally who's license plate is POLIO.
He walks fine, so I don't know what that's about.
Pick a disease and confuse people.

Get a 2012+ Sonic OP. You can get one for 10k-13k with 0-30k miles. Some 10k miles or less.

$14k get a 2 year old Veloster Turbo

engine might be underpowered if loaded, uphill and impatient, but remember it's the cheapest 1.2l NA auto that could give you 45mpg avg with +400mi range - newer engine might minimize this a little.

i'm 6'4, made 14h road trips, stopping just for gas, and while not super comfy, it was acceptable, however need to lean forward to see the stoplight if i'm the first in the lane.

cargo space for 2 people if you tilt the back seat is ok. i even shove a 50" tv or 2 weeks worth of stuff for a 2 people road trip.

i'd pick a honda fit but they were all terrible for the price. not the best, neither the worst, but met most my needs around that time.

there's a small community that can help you if you're into that and expect resistance from car enthusiasts.

My brother has the same one. It's surprisingly bulletproof. It's pretty much the only Chevrolet that ever sold sizeable numbers in my country.

Fettig would be greasy

>nice driving hatch
>auto
???
The only way a shitty hatchback can be nice to drive is with a manual.

How about a Spark EV? It has great reviews.

Must it be new? If the low range of a fully electric car is a concern, an under 30,000 mile 2014 Volt can go for $15,000. You can go about 40 miles on a full charge.

I considered an EV, but I regularly drive 2-300 miles, and even if the range of a gas car is only 200 miles, I can fill up in 10 minutes and keep going, where an EV needs a few hours to charge and the charge stations are very scarce in my area.

The range of the Volt is about 382 miles.