When will the SUV roll over and die

when will the SUV roll over and die
Lambo is making one
aston martin is making one
Bentley made on
Rolls Royce is making one
Cadillac pushed back plans for a flagship in favor of SUVs
lincoln gives half a shit about their sedans and is putting everything into updating its SUVs

Where did we go wrong?

>implying we can ever go back
now it's all a matter of who has the safest (heaviest) car

THE FUTURE IS BIG

Lamborghini already made one of the best SUVs of all time

>tfw SUVs will never not be cuckmachines again

Rich housewives gonna eat these up. Results? more r&d money for better performance cars.
stop crying like a lil beotch and use your brain for once :^)

so which volkswagen is this based off?

VW Touareg/Audi Q7/Porsche Cayenne/Bentley Bentayga, most likely. They're all on the same platform.

nice LC

Most sedans are bloated and weigh 5000lbs. Why not have the added space and utility of a SUV at that point? Both are still going to be boring and handle like shit anyways.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to see out of that back windows when the body slopes up and the roof slopes down?

They even cover part of it with the wing.

People want big cars that can carry and tow shit.

And if you are booty bothered about Lamborghini, etc. cranking them out, blame Porsche - they started the whole ultra lux SUV craze. The only reason it caught on so well is that Porsche made a pile of cash selling SUV's.

2016 was the first year SUVs outsold sedans in the US.

The apocalypse is upon us, /o.

Actually it was the Mercedes ML who started the craze back in 1997, but things really got crazy when the X5 was introduced in 1999, because BMW owned Land Rover back then and decided to create a Range Rover - 5 series hybrid.

If there is a car to blame for the SUV craze, it's the original X5

>era of environmentalism
>people want bigger cars, meaning more resources consumed per unit
>shittier drag coefficients relative to sedans and other cars
>poorer cornering capability meaning less efficient driving due to more slowing/acceleration needed for equal progress made
>less efficient acceleration and traction due to higher CoG (can be and often is offset by 4WD/AWD which equates to additional parasitic losses resulting in higher relative fuel consumption to sedans for equal progress made
>reducing journey progress to return the same consumption figures increases overall journey time meaning efficiency is still at a deficit
>higher overall cost per unit to consumer for increased cost, which results in double losses across the board
>purported passenger safety benefits are gradually offset as more people switch to SUVs
Why the fuck are these cars so fucking popular despite their clear objective inferiority?

Lambo V12 Humvee >>> Lambo Turbo Crossover

People, mainly women, like to feel safe. A high seating position feels safe.

Looks like a raised Scion TC

But when everyone has an SUV you're still going to have an engine in your belly when someone tbones your sorry ass

Feelings > actual safety. That's the world we live in these days.

Wimmens hauler for extended shopping trips...

The Cayenne existed purely to cater to men who weren't allowed a proper Porsche, but wanted a Porsche. Now SUVs cater to everyone and their mother. Fuck this gay Earth.

ITS NOT EVEN A REAL SUV
ITS AN """"SUV""""
LOL

These are not SUVs, they are crossovers.
These;
are SUVs.

>you're still going to have an engine in your belly

Not so much. Because in my SUV, I sit higher than my engine. And the engine of comparable vehicles that might hit me.

is that the new supra crossover?

tfw the porsche macan gts / turbo is one of your guilty pleasures

So does everyone else with any vehicle other than super low sports cars/exotics. Fuckwit.

@OP

IMO a basic driver's license should only allow you a vehicle with up to 100hp and max 2500 pounds. A class II (making these up as I go) should be up to 3250 pounds and 200hp, and require stricter tests and harsher penalties for moving violations. A class III should be up to 4000 pounds and should require much stricter tests and even harsher penalties (as in, reckless = loss of license above a base level for 10 years), IV should be anything over 4000 pounds and only the top 1% of drivers should be able to acquire one, and there should be no tolerance on dangerous moving violations other than speeding. To keep jobs from being fucked, people who require a large vehicle for work could have some less strict testing but also have a zero tolerance for moving violations.

Guarantee there would be less than 5% of the current amount of accidents if this is how the world worked.

Yeah go fuck yourself. Stay in your fucking house if you're afraid of big scary cars. Go live in Europe or Australia if you want to live with hat shit. I'd rather risk getting taken out by someone like this then live with that.

very few new vehicles are under 3600lbs.
basic drivers would be stuck driving 80's and 90's shitboxes
jesus your opinions are horrible

>its a q7 with a bodykit

Fucking hate that
>Looking at bentley/porch

>abloo bloo bloo muh environment

Cars are more efficient than ever, who in their right mind would give a shit.

source for this semen demon?

The vast majority of vehicles sold are under 3600 pounds, are you fucking drunk?

OH and also, are you mad that you're a shitty driver and know you'd fail anything even slightly more strict than the 5 minute test drive you took when you were 16?

A big ass modern SUV is still doing way the fuck less environmental damage then some shitty 2 stroke running on ethanol in a 3rd world country. We have all this environmental mandated cuckery then we get blamed for fucking up the planet. That's not even looking at the other retarded shit the third world does to the planet. Thanks for making our stuff for cheap but do it a little cleaner pls.

Visibility might distract you from your infotainment system, besides that's what the cameras and sensors are for.

>hurr durr why do people like comfortable high-utility cars instead of autistic boiracer coupes
>hurr durr they're not environmentally friendly he says while praising muh 40l w16 0.5mpg car 'for real manly men' in neighboring thread
Don't get me wrong, I hate housewives blocking the road for 20 minutes parking their mama-panzers in the city as much as the next guy, but overall contrarian autism ITT is appalling.

this so much

LOL nice bullshit, ethanol is pretty much the cleanest ICE fuel that's widely used. Go kys.

that level of samefagging tho

A 1.4 liter VW Polo is under 3600 lbs maybe. A new BMW 3 series already weighs 3600+ lbs.
A 7 series or S Class weighs ~4400lbs.
Your figures are retarded.
Not american btw, European tests are quite strict.

>posts within 60 seconds of each other
>samefagging
Hello, newfriend.

>refers VW in post
>European tests are quite strict

I want station wagons to be popular in the US again since they drive better and a soccer mom is probably never going to need 8 inches of ground clearance
>filename
i believe the word you're looking for is THOT
so you're saying only the top 1% can drive their grandmas old beat up grand marquis with a value of about $500 yet a class 3 can drive a 2000hp gtr

I don't know but I want this meme to die as well. Just like the LARGE hatchbacks.

I want hatchbacks to be small again.
I want nice sedans.
I want flat sporty coupes.

Please.

IT'S WOMEN RUINING THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY

WHY IS IT ALWAYS WOMEN WHO BUY THESE?

WHY DO WOMEN LOVE SITTING HIGH IN LARGE CARS?

>Lambo is making one
Hey great it's the 80s again

A E S T H E T I C

Then how could I

samefag like so?

>euro testing
>strict

T O P L E L
O
P
L
E
L

M8 pls, our fuel consumption tests are so not realistic. Take the shitsu outlander PHEV, a supposed fuel economy of 1.8L/100km (133mpg ish for burgers)

Most diesels only get their advertised fuel consumption with a EGR delete, catch can for the PCV, exhaust swirl flap delete, DPF and cat delete. A buddy of mine owns a e90 335d. It used to average about 1L per 14km, with that work done it averages close to 1L per 19 km, after some software fuckery of course

how are you surprised that 3DPD sucks?

can confirm this, my dad is a rich dentist and he bought the original x5 back in the day. It was his first time driving an suv and he immediately fell in love with the driving position and never bought an sedan ever again. He currently drives the mercedes GLE

CAFE
A
F
E

>not opening a parts remanufacturing business for old (1990-2000) sports cars

SUVs are good though, for the most part.
The COMPACT SUVs are the problem.

user, think of it this way. right now crossovers are popular. crossovers are the halfway between a hatchback and an SUV.

it's coming full circle. Eventually, hatchbacks and wagons will be back in vogue

Fuck you.