/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #714 - Army of Amys Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

poisonmushroom.org/2006/11/dissecting-a-hedgehog-an-in-depth-analysis-of-sonic-the-hedgehog/
youtube.com/watch?v=9A55IFzLLbM
youtube.com/watch?v=uXx0IWcNw_s
youtu.be/bEwxOHec6xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another fucking Amy thread? Come on.

Rat general

>Another

You do realize the last few threads weren't Amy related right?

>another amy thread
And you amyfags wonder why you're getting so much hostility.

Goddamn this shit is too funny.

Anyways goodnight /sthg/, see you all later.

Mine was made first too

I'm sorry man. I didn't know there was a limit on how many editions a character could have.

Night user!

So Eclipse & Jet beat Rotor up in the showers, & violated him with a hockey stick, because he was gay & it lead to Rotor killing himself? And it's based off of true events, that the author felt belonged in a Sonic High School fanfic? Just wow.

Do you remember who got the abortion?

I think Mina. Because Thrash raped her, or some shit.

The fuck kind of highschool did this author go to?

>Mina got thrashed
Ha

I don't think it happened in her High School. Just that it happened in a High School.

It's called variety, faggot. Amyfags need to be gassed.

Tekno was there too along with some others goobers. But she didn't participate in the beating. She was recording. Her and Jet weren't on-board with Eclipse's part with the hockey stick, but it happened anyway.

So what the fuck is he doing?

Meh.

I can only assume some type of dance.

LET'S GET 'EM

overposing

Getting hype

Forgot to mention Mina is a racist and Nicole is muslim in this fic.

>Nicole is muslim
>Mina is a racist

Okay I missed this part, WHAT?

Channeling his inner Jackson

>Mina is a racist
To what exactly?

>Nicole is muslim
Does not compute, bro.

sauce nigga

Shes racist to Nicole

>Shes racist to Nicole
So like the in the original pre-reboot universe, huh?

>Naoto Oshima said (Sonic's) shoes are based on Michael Jackson's
>But the color scheme is based on Santa Clause.
>Source. My Friend.

Would you date a Sonic character?

Yes

Thats not the worst part, Maria gets raped by a school staff member and contracts AIDS.

If it means I get to hug Amy, then yes.

So what happened next to Maria? Did Shadow cure it or what?

This fanbase is glorious, I swear to fucking God.

She went crazy and jumps off the school building

>implying Maria gets to live
>ever
She commits suicide and Shadow's all sad about it like in SA2.

Only if he was edgy and non-conformist.

You have to wonder you would use Sonic of all things for a fucking like this.

I'm not surprised or anything, but you have to wonder what goes through these writers head to make them go "Yeah, this style of writing goes really well with this franchise".

Worse part? It's played completely straight.

I shouldn't have laughed as hard I just did. My fucking sides.

>Worse part? It's played completely straight.
But isn't that the best part of every fanfic?

Oh lord, yes I would.
But I wonder if such a pure spirit like Tikal would accept me..
I wouldn't want to taint her.
>FeelsBadMan ....

>all those missed words
Daylight Saving is still fucking with me

Of course. Just looking at it from a critical perspective.

If you guys want more, look up 'SONIC HIGH SCHOOL'

I share your pain.
>morning shift this week
End me.

Just to think someone woke up one day and thought "I'm going to write a Sonic the Hedgehog drama fanfiction set in school that tackles major social issues."

That shit is a fucking master piece. Much better than green hill academy.

I'm going to give a shout out to "Sonic's Ultimate Harem" by lil Knux. Thanks to that story, you can look up most of your favorite female characters in media and bask in the glory that they got nailed by Sonic t. Hedgehog.

Since when Mina is dead?

Got wiped out of existence, which I say is even worse than death.

could be worse

they could've been placed into TLSC

It's exactly what Geoffrey St. John deserves.

Enjoy your break, user!

wut?

Maybe you just didn't notice it because they are small but you might want to delete that pic buddy

i didn't even see that the first time

Nipple

I didn't notice it
How to delete?

Click on the little box in the upper right corner of the post. On the bottom of the page there will be the option to delete the selected post, along with the option to only delete the attached pic if that's what you want.

thank you

You better hope it's not too late and the site lets you delete. There is a time limit.

I think it's fine

poisonmushroom.org/2006/11/dissecting-a-hedgehog-an-in-depth-analysis-of-sonic-the-hedgehog/
Thoughts /sthg/ ?
It's over 10 years old, written at the onset of the dark age. How does it stand up today?

Bump

Everyone knows this. It's common knowledge.

Probably the most accurate assessment I've read about the series.
It's sad that most of it is still relevant (and sadder still when you consider this was put out before 06).

>Everybody is so enamored with reminding us how fast Sonic is that they’ve forgotten the finer points on what made him feel so fast in the first place.
Truer words were never spoken.

>Ryan Bloom
>the same guy who thinks "dude Sonic should control like a race car in 3D lmao"

I don't think he understands Sonic as well as he lets on. I love Trackmania as much as the next guy, but last time I checked, Sonic was a platformer. I think his control scheme needs to reflect that.

>Everybody is so enamored with reminding us how fast Sonic is that they’ve forgotten the finer points on what made him feel so fast in the first place.
>Truer words were never spoken.

It's a fine sentiment, and I've always believed that it's the true source of 3D Sonic's problems, above all else. However, in his recent "how I think 3D Sonic should work" video, he proposes (and I'm heavily paraphrasing here) giving Sonic a literal acceleration button instead of using the control stick to move him forward. (So like Lost World but even worse.) On top of that, he suggests a game that's more arcade like that essentially heavily relies on memorization and the spectacle of pulling off tricks like Sonic Rush in a very linear race car-like track.

I mean, if the goal is to make Sonic "feel" fast, I guess it could accomplish that. But like the boost formula, it certainly leaves a lot to be desired in the depth department.

Pretty sure the video he made was intended in the context of the boost games. Yeah if it's a real platformer then it should have platformer controls, but the boost games should have more of a racing feel since they basically are.

> linear race car-like track
And boost levels aren't?

what are you listening to right now, /sthg/?
youtube.com/watch?v=9A55IFzLLbM

youtube.com/watch?v=uXx0IWcNw_s

Uh.. is this canon? I don't think whatever this is, is a big deal, because I played through Sonic Adventure 2 + Shadow the Hedgehog and this wasn't mentioned in any of the games.

Bizarre headcannon, if that is a headcannon, though. Little dark.

They're referring to the fanfic, not the canon. We don't know much about Maria canonically aside from that one time she got shot and killed.

They're talking about a fanfic, dude.

Although Maria did have not-AIDS, but it wasn't because of rape.

Just an FYI. You're all cool people in my book.

You too bby

For all the shitposting and arguing, I'd still rather be here than anywhere else.

Some of you are all right..

Don't go to the green hill zone tomorrow at lunch time

>t. """Ultimate""" life form

>leave
>come back
>this fucking fanfic everyone is talking about

>giving Sonic a literal acceleration button instead of using the control stick to move him forward. (So like Lost World but even worse.)

You have yet to explain why this is a bad idea other than "it's a platformer so that's wrong". As he also explains, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is sortof a platformer too, and it plays great.

You have to admit that if you're going to be pushing Sonic forward for an extended period of time (which EVERY Sonic game does, even fucking Utopia) it makes far more sense to give him a gas pedal. I don't agree that it should be the default control scheme, but then he doesn't either.

Hey Katellafag, don't you think you're posting...a little too often? I see her in every thread.

Well

You want to talk about Sonic Forces?

Sonic Forces puns?

Sonic Forces you to stop posting Katella and talk about video games instead

Sonic Forces

...you to make sure you don't post when you hit the enter button.

So, guys, I guess we have to get are Archie Sonic fix from Archie Sonic Online, now.

Sonic forces you to get Super Mario Odyssey instead.

It's not over until the fat lady sings

So I know
>advertisement

But The Geek Critique, ShayMay and I did a thing.

youtu.be/bEwxOHec6xg

holy shit kill yourself

y-you too

no one gives a fuck about your shitty youtube video