/rsg/ RuneScape general

Patch day edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)
Discord: discord.gg/WKsfd4e

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=12/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,542,65890651
>Previous week Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,574,65888302
>Mining & Smithing Rework Design Documents
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,641,65878961
>Luck rework documents
docs.google.com/document/d/1T-IBMnYsPBFETiZq7cNem_SpUnNHE7RXvn4MHpN9enY/edit

Luck rework soon lads

Did enchanted bolts always get used up if their effects triggered with abilities? I just learned this...

Most skills start out pretty slow and get faster later on. Which skills are you trying to train?

>ringed city out in 2 hours
>caring about a no content update

>ringed city
who

Farming

I am actually doing bush runs and just planting barberries. Once I hit 86 is arc berry gathering actually viable? Doing tree runs feel like a daily and I have enough dailies to worry about.

Not that guy but I believe it's Dark Souls 3's final (?) DLC
I won't lie, I feel like I should care but I can't bring myself to it. Haven't played DS3 at all after the first one or two weeks after it came out

>Doing tree runs feel like a daily and I have enough dailies to worry about.
Because it more or less is and it's honestly one of the reasons why I and a lot of people hate training farming with the intention of gaining levels
Although both of them are dailies you could probably try to do warbands for farming supplies or use leddit's nemi forest world. The latter doesn't give as much XP as warbands but it takes a minimal amount of time since someone else has done the hard work for you and it can be done at almost any point of time during the day
If you still don't want to do dailies try planting some herbs. They grow relatively fast (in comparison to most other things you can grow) and usually yield some profit

Nemi forest to train farming?

I think I went there a couple times to do dailies and I think there are a few activities in there that give farming exp. How does farming that work? Do you just enter, do those couple things and re-enter to do it again?

As for warbands I do try to do them when I can, which isn't most time honestly since my bank is so stupidly full that I have trouble fitting all my gear in there before I set foot in wildy.

nemi forest is a daily but it's decent xp

Mainly crafting, woodcutting and slayer right now. I want to do Branches of Darkmeyer because that's what I was going to start back in 2008 before I stopped playing.

There are nine unique nodes that have a chance of spawning inside a forest (Each time you enter the forest an entirely new forest is generated unless someone on your servers already was inside the forest). Each unique type of node can be 'harvested' once per day

What some people do is continuously enter and leave the forest until an instance with all 9 nodes spawns at which point they just go AFK in a corner, allowing everyone else to harvest the XP from all the nodes. Most of the time they usually share the worlds with /r/NemiForest/ or the fc 'nemiforest'

Yeah but the more important thing is Better Call Saul season 2 just showed up on Netflix, at least here in burgerland.

The documentation says that tier 3 luck ring will affect 81-99 slayer monsters, does that mean it won't affect anything below that?

Hello /rsg/

Could any of you please summarize the history of this general in a short paragraph? Thank you.

Autism, lonely depressed neets, hurt feels, banter and occasional depraved, degenerate behaviour stretching back years on end.

Not much to say desu

seems that way

Probably not. Not like those monsters have any worthwhile uniques anyway

Wait I thought it was coming out on Tuesday. Is it out already?

How much is cursed energy worth? is it good money if im still low combat?

Got a lucky Armadyl Godsword from that stupid treasure key game.

How good is it? When I reach 75 attack should I use it or buy a Saradomin Sword (too poor for Sara Godsword)?

it's exactly as good as a saradomin sword except the special is better

Cool. What's the difference between the Lucky Godsword and the normal version?

None

one is tradeable and the other isn't

Who /ironman/ here?

I just don't want several Luck Rings taking up bank space

The morons made it so that only the tier 4 ring will have the effects of the lower tier rings, so t3 won't get you t1 and t2. It's idiotic.

Is there even a reason to use the lower tier rings?

Making bank at Giant Mole

T3 ring affects hard clue scrolls only, t4 affects elite clue scrolls only. So there's that. And the t4 ring is going to be much harder to actually acquire for a lot of players than the t3

I think the highest tier one works on everything

>tfw browsing the real life picture thread on the HLF and realizing that i'm more attractive than 95% of these people

poorfag alert

Jewfag* thank you very much.

It will take months to get thor requirements

are you an ironmeme?
you can just buy it

Tier 4 is not buyable

yes it is

Oh fuck I didn't realise

How much will it cost

it is

Probably somewhere in the range of 20 to 30m

I'll just stick with tier 3, and 2 when needed

>New ring costs 12K inspiration to make unless you buy it yourself
>One year after invention's release and Jagex still hasn't fixed the bug that prevents people from gaining inspiration past level 120
>Half of the players are stuck on less than 12k inspiration
>Other half is reeling in bucketloads of dosh from desperate retards buying the rings for up to 50m

What a waste of time.

>luck affects clue caskets
fucking disgusting

t. 3rd age vambrace owner

feels mediocre

So the rings do affect unique boss drops.

read the updates next time.

Okay?

>60 invention to craft luck of the dwarves
>but you need 107 invention to research one of the ingredients
such is the life of the ironmeme.

Retard

what?

what are you so upset about?

Nothing, people who refuse to read the site need bullying

what makes you think I didn't read the site?

neat

>Jagex devs constantly complain about convoluted 'spaghetti code'
>Yet they continue to make band-aid fixes to fix existing band-aid fixes every single update

But that's literally just removing a number from an existing system though, or rather, changing it to 0.

>2k Kalgerion demon kills
>Only 1 Onyx drop

ree

Should've used the new ring :)

people were bringing up how shit the 12k requirement is DAYS before this update even came out

why didn't they listen until now?

>The Imp Catcher quest now requires 4 unique *non-tradeable* beads discovered during the quest, instead of the beads dropped by imps
about time.

Because most Jagex devs are unbelievably incompetent, don't actually play the game and generally refuse to listen to player feedback until they realise they're in deep shit

Just take a look at today's ninja fix that fixed Sunshine's visual effects disappearing prematurely if you used the planted feet perk. They fixed it because people constantly bickered on reddit, but guess what they also forgot about the planted feet perk? Death's Swiftness

Mod Shauny's a rookie when it comes to making minor tweaks and additions yet he has already made (or is working on) more promising updates than some of the employees at Jagex that have been there for a decade - All because he actually actively plays the game and gets to experience all the issues players encounter by himself

thats because the cost of a complete code refactor is unacceptably high

not even from a monetary stance. the downtime and time spent not updating the game itself would be completely unacceptable, even now that we survive on patch weeks.

on top of that, the standards of practice changing so significantly would cause much or most of the training their dev have to be rendered useless.

REEEEEE buy up those beads, they be rares now. Unless they nuked everyone's orders on the GE.

How?
The beads that drop from imps still have a use, imp trapping, I was under the impression they didn't actually remove them, just removed their use during the quest.

The imps still drop em, and you still need them for herblore.

but y

Oh true they are a low tier magic potion. Totally forgot that was even a thing.

y not

Ranged skillcape's perk is useful for hybriding, like for tormented demons.

Except you don't use any ammo when using abilities anyway
Ava's devices became obsolete with EOC

>we can't touch old content because it's spaghetti
>new content like invention is also spaghetti

Not on revolution.

Anyone wanna duo furies for 10m an hour before they fix the ring?

What do you want? The reason they changed it is because inspiration doesn't work properly and they can't fix it
Despite it being new content

why did ghostly essence go from 16k to 10k?

RDT triggering too much or have you got 100% drop increase from furries and it's compounding too much?

iirc every kill is dormant helm
jmod said stay away from gwd2 but I doubt they'll be punishing anyone

Because people like me stopped buying it when it got prohibitively expensive to run on all tasks.
The only task that used to provide profit was abbys, then they went up in price and with the cost of new invention gear (charges, augmenters, gano, sunspear) + ghostly ess, I was barely breaking even or loosing money. Obviously using this at greaters/lessers/blacks/nechs wasn't paying for it either.

what about tormented demons?

Looks like another 'we totally tested it guys' situation. GWD2 a place that has thousand or tens of thousands of kills per day wouldn't get play tested, even though it's on the fucking list of affected monsters.

I don't do TDs. Why would you use ectoplasmator down there anyway? Don't think they'd die fast enough to keep prayers up.

>Anyone wanna duo twin furies so we can get one of the least valuable drops

using t90 prayers there is really aids unless youre doing the dreadnip method, in whichc ase they do

How is such retardation possible?
I shudder to think what runegame's codebase must look like.

>went to vinny
>got no anime
>nothing above 300k
fuk u jagex where's my refund

so new ring does work on telos?

read the news post

cmon user.

ah ok

>Telos's shockwave will no longer hurt you on the transition between phases 3 and 4.

>Telos's "SO. MUCH. POWER!" attack will no longer injure you if you get hit by it while transitioning from Phase 1 to 2.

>Sunshine's animation when used with the Planted Feet perk has been extended to match the active duration the perk.

ah i love 1 year post release bug fixes

Reminder to sell T4 luck ring before you go to work lads.

Plausible scenario: People with fortunate components logged in early to make rings fast, while buyers won't be active until evening. Demand is potentially low right now and supply might be exhausted, or will be soon.

i wonder if any of the luck rings work on the big clam

>No mention of the phase 4 anima ball carrying over into phase 5
>Jagex somehow forgot to fix Death's swiftness not being prolonged by planted feet

:^)