Dueling Network General - /dng/

Thread #2484

Infinite Frogs Edition

Previous Thread: BANLIST yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/ekisotorarinkuexclamationpoint/
● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017
Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, yugioh-card.comen/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/
>Official /dng/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/
Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Starter Deck 2017 (March 25th)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)
●OCG: Cyverse Link Structure Deck (June 17th)

●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)
●TCG: Maximum Crisis (May 5th)
●TCG: Pendulum Evolution (June 23rd)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:

● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play

POST YOUR DECK'S ACE, MASCOT, AND WAIFU

What do you guys think Konami has in store for pendulums? Surely they aren't just going to kill an entire type are they?

Do not worry, with the arrival of LINK monsters, a whole new plethora of strategies are opened up for pendulum monsters! Be sure to buy your copies of Starter deck 2017 and power them up with cards from Code of the Duelist!

>play raid rapotors
>opponents doesn't play things from extra deck or special summon
>lose to exodia beat down

Sounds like raidraptors to me. They need something like utopia the lightning to do something with those useless rank 4s (after eff) or maybe something that overlays 2 rank 4s.

>Ace
Anomalocaris
>Mascot
Toad
>Waifu
Shapesister

That's what the RUMs are supposed to be for but they still can't fucking search those.

Field spell that boosts your Xyz and searches RUMs when?

How about you use those 2 Level 4's to make a Link?

Use Ultimate Mace ;)

Do you think Link monster power will be entirely determined by link number, or will we see Link 2s with requirements like level 7 or higher monsters as material, with higher stats and more powerful effects?

>Link monsters can't link to monsters in the pendulum zone
If your gonna be anal about card placement now you could have at least allowed for sneaky strats, but no.

I don't see why not, I'd consider it similar to Xyz's and Synchroes, the more difficult the materials the better the card should be.
I think the more difficult to get out ones will have more useful link markers too, link zones like this don't look particularly useful for example since it's a 4 link but only 1 points to a usable zone from the EDM zone (I think). At least not for non-linkwhore decks anyway.

I wonder when we'll get asymmetrical link markers, it seems like an obvious way to make choosing an extra zone actually matter.

F0?

that yosenju question on the ruling test is outdated as fuck, even during 2015.

cards that negated until the end phase were errata'd to negate until the end of the turn.

Was thinking more like a rank up for 2 r4 than a rank down 0 attacker.

>making upper tier link monsters like firewall dragon requires either spamming the board until it's full or link climbing like a motherfucker and going through 1/3rd of your extra deck
I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT WITH SYNCHRO
LET ME JUST STACK TWO CARDS TOGETHER REEEEE

Loosen that helmet a bit, buddy.

>requires either spamming the board until it's full
Am I missing something? It only requires 2 or more monsters. Not really sure why it's "or more" though.

It's LINK-4. That means you need 4 monsters to summon it in normal circumstances. A LINK-3 would require 3 monsters, a LINK-5, 5 monsters, and so on.

The '2 or more' is because a Link Monster counts as materials equal to its own LINK number. A LINK-3 monster would count as 3 materials for the purposes of Link Summoning. Instead of using 4 monsters to summon Firewall Dragon, you could use a LINK-3 monster and a normal monster.

Will the new rules be removed by the time links come to tcg?

That's pretty retarded, especially the card wording.

>Ace
King of the Skull Servants
>Mascot
Skull Servant
>Waifu
Wightprincess

That's why the wording is different in TCG.

Ded game, ded thread.

everyone's waiting for the banlist to hit and to play with Links, so its no surprise that's there no discussion atm

Ya know is too early here...

You mean to play with the decks that'll survive links. Links won't really be used for a while aside from the odd one here and there.

Have we gotten the proper English images for link cards yet, or at least decent third party ones? I want to print some off to playtest with friends.

I'll say this, thanks to the link format they better not nerf the shit out of Yuya and Reji's cards or Gon's last synchro

>Odd Eyes Wing
>Supreme Servant Clear Wing and Starvenom
>more Servants still to come
Ow my extra deck

Ehhh, The Supreme Servant Clearwing is definitely good and viable enough in a magician deck, same with the servant starve venom, but odd-eyes wing is too hard with a Zarc Deck

I expect the real version of this card to have the effect of "if you have one "Odd Eyes" monster you can treat it as level tuner when summoning this card" and for the other requirement to be 1 "Clear Wing" monster just like Venom Dragon requires "Odd Eyes" and "Starve Venom" monsters. Because no way in hell are they going to print the Odd Eyes Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Gate cards.

... In the end was a Odd-Eyes...

>tfw keep going back to looking at Synchron Extreme
Someone please convince me to not buy this deck, I love Yusei but I know they're going to be dead once Links hit.

Who cares it's just 12 bucks anyway and there is some decent staples in it, even for links.

>having multiple trip codes
why?

Go ahead and buy it, you'll likely still be able to play it because a bunch of people seem to be planning on ignoring the extra deck lock rule in their little meet ups.

I failed at writing it

Will Deskbots be okay after links? They're mainly locked out of Jet and other Synchros made available by 001, so it doesn't seem all that bad since nost of the time their damage doesn't come from Jet anyway and having non-Deskbot monsters reduces the damage available from 003 and 001.

>tfw deskbot metalfoes is fun af but soon will be gutted

>actually using ED monsters in Deskbots
They're perfectly fine without Jet and other trash, lad. They aren't reliant on Pendulums either as much as some morons would like you to believe.

Deskbots aren't even ok before links.

>synchron extreme
I'm going to miss all my extreme Quasar plays.

>Links make it so you can't even summon Stardust Warrior out of the box
gj Konami

> pull rates for Duelist Saga are cancer
> most cards of note have been pulled

How does Tewart still have a job after all these years?

The rariety bumps in normal sets are bad enough, but this literally kills my interest in getting any packs from the set

What boxes are best to fill my book with meaningful things?
I know Shining victories is one but what else?

>The rariety bumps in normal sets are bad enough

I will never forgive them for making all the key Dark Magician support secret rare short prints in the dark illusion set. Perfect example of how to kill interest in a casual deck for players

>Wanting to buy Dork Magician box
Kek

I feel for the guy who bought two whole display cases and then didn't pull a single imperial ordet or brionic.

>have Cosmic Blazar Dragon, Junk Synchron, Formula Synchron, Effect Veiler, Clear Effector, Cosmic Flare and Converging Wishes in the set
>remove Stardust Dragon
Who the fuck thought this was a good decision? The average consumer doesn't have a Stardust Dragon from 3 years ago, so they can't even use Cosmic Blazar, Cosmic Flare or Converging Wishes.

>How does Tewart still have a job after all these years?

Because Upper Deck really was that cancerous. Konami went with the only person on the market who had experience. (That wasn't immediately signed by Wizards of the Coast for Magic when all that license drama happened a few years back.)

> playing power creeped blue eyes

Howz that feel bra?

So how long will it take until people just start dropping Xyz monsters in favor of extras filled with links? Seeing as we're still limited to 15 ED cards, I imagine decks based on link summoning are gonna be way stronger than most Xyz spam decks.

Isn't the pull rate like three new cards and only two reprints? Those are pretty terrible odds.

All the reprinted cards are probably going to be a pretty penny for a while.

Especially Imperial order. Ycs and National players will want the new erratad copy for their decks

If it's a tuner plus a Clear Wing it's still viable. Most decks that can make Crystal would still be able to make OEWD, while OERD is still only a tech due to OE Fusion and OEVD sucks.

Seriously, the synchro wanking in Arc-V only stopped when it ended

Probably not for some time. Unless someone in the ocg figures out some crazy combination.

It'll probably be a year or two before link summoning really takes off.

Link spam still isn't very good unless you block the opponent's extra. So far, only Decode Talker has a decent battle link effect and most others easily die in battle. So even if you make a deck focused in links, they lack atk and effect. While on the other hand, the ranks 3, 7, 8 and specially 4 toolboxes cover well what the decks that use them need.

We need about 6 months for good link decks to arise. And then we will need 6 more for broken links and/or their strategies.

I hope Star Grails are good.

>Especially Imperial order. Ycs and National players will want the new erratad copy for their decks

This.

Imperial Order is basically the money card for this set.

Never underestimate demand for erratad cards from regional/nats players. Especially cards that will be meta like IO.

>A whole year, or even two before Link takes off
No way. Konami will be careful with the new mechanism for 2 packs, then realize this slow approach isn't producing any results, and then will just release something really stupid.
It was like this with Xyz.
It was like this with Pendulum.

*1 pack
Remember that the Cyverse Structure Deck is releasing in June.

What happens with the old cards, are they no longer allowed in tournament play?

It once happend that I've played against a dude that instantfused thousand-eyes restrict and used the effect and in the endphase he just detached the monster instead of it going to the grave by instant fusion. Reading the card it actually said "or effect", so I didn't call the judge. He used TER then afterwards as synchro fodder and proceeded to OTK me

Generic rank 4 is hardly much of a toolbox anymore.

You have to have a translation copy/printed translation on hand, but outside your deckbox, and the card uses the newest text even if you have an old copy.

The old cards are still allowed for official play but you have to have something that has the new text on it.

A lot of regional and National players insist on getting the erratad cards to prevent any rule sharking from going on.

>Power creeped Blue-Eyes
Explain.

I knew a few players who got scammed by someone who played a old Thousand Eyes Restrict a few years back when it was popular.

Always make sure you know which major cards have been erratad. I always have my phone with me just in case I have to look it up. If you ever find they're using an old copy and not telling you, call a Judge immediately.

Is there any way to make charmers decent and/or usable?

>devpro updates
>all of my replays are unplayable
is there a way to make them playable again, if not is there a way tomake sure this doesnt happen anymore?

I think there's an option to debug the replays but your best bet would be to record them as webms or something if you're so inclined

What's the best Webbum software?

>Blue Eyes White Dragon

Might as well call it the "White Power Dragon"

maybe they should, then we could scare off tumblr once and for all instead of letting them take over boards like /co/

They look like new Ice Barrier support.

>normal monster theme
>not even normal pendulums just regular ass normals

>2017
>Pendulums
You're a funny a guy.

At least then they would have actual effects
What the fuck are you supposed to do with a bunch of shitty normal monsters?

>the girl is a normal monstero with 0 of atk
too sexyst desu

>go to pull ultra parallel rare card out of sleeve
>finger wipes off part of the foil

is there a worse feel.

Use them to toolbox those Link 1 monsters.

Not him.

Even while I want decent pendulum support now more than ever, future is looking grim at Vrains. There is high chances it will be a show focused on links alone and even if they have more than one summoning... well, Arc-V is hated. Here and in japan.

Nips are actually far more butthurt than what could be conceived. Wouldn't be surprising if Konami starts neglecting pendulums for months.

>there are 78 performapal monsters
>almost all of them are shit

>New anime will start in a month
>Already an edgy protagonist with a shitty deck

They are already neglecting them.

Look how badly they've been nerfed and how little support they've gotten in the last few sets.

Konami of Japan knows they screwed up.

There's no helping those niggas. Their effects are all over the place and getting more than one on the field is a pain.
Shame cause some of their effects are decent like Medium and Raiho. And they have a literal search all spell.

Sounds just like Yusei

Drummerilla and Seel Eel are cool

Anyone else see hand traps as the next big problem with the game going forward?

With Ghost Ash coming soon we're starting to see a tad too many of them. Ghost orge is already kind of crazy at 3.

There's actually quite a few of them I like but its really hard to make them into a real deck because so many of them do weird situational things. I'm attempting to do it anyways though since I have a soft spot for the little guys

Good, I fucking hate Performapal. Yuya's deck is worse than Yugi's overall.

If PSY-Frames taught me anything, a whole deck made of hand-traps don't do shit unless they are negating shit.

Honestly? Not really.

Maxx c is at one and veiler and orge don't really see play.
Ash is probably the only one that's going to see a lot of play outside of the mandatory 1 Maxx C.

Kaiba fag here, why stop there? Let's give Sage the Hitler mustache and make "MAGA" sleeves.
I want to see how far can I go before they toss me out locals.

Also this

>Anyone else see hand traps as the next big problem with the game going forward?
Handtraps are the solution. It is the only way to prevent someone from FTK, or an OTK after a boardwipe.

And handtraps alone doesn't win games, so you still need to run an actual deck alongside it.

add duelingbook to the OP

What is the "Moat" of Yugioh?

No

Looking to get into Yugioh.
Should I stick with a few decks and play these over and over or play as many different decks as possible in order to learn cards and stuff?