/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1046

[Deleted] Edition

Previous:

News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (It will have waifus eventually)
>Tyranny is out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (waifus confirmed)
>Everyone is having mass effect on Andromeda

Sales:

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf (embed)
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd (embed)

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Drinking with Oghren

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
youtube.com/watch?v=g4mHPeMGTJM

Friendly reminder that Big Brother is watching

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BO1pR0FA752/?hl=en
instagram.com/p/BPJMpdlAB_s/?hl=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guess who I am?

My mail order bride?

Why isnt Giselle an option to lead Chantry? I had Softened Leliana lead it, which is fine, but I like Giselle more. And if I can get a mage to do it why not her.

can't stand her fake fwench acshent

I cant stand her duck lips either, but she is objectively the best person you meet in DAI to lead the chantry (if she were an option).

Gisele's long, straight white hair...

Where did you order from?
It would have been the best possible option. Leliana is degenerate, Cassandra is needed to run the Seekers and is better suited to fight, Viv is a mage and has no business governing the chantry.

bargainbinwaifus.com

Previous:

In Inquisition, how do I stack crit chance?

I have failed you...

Proper crafting with bear hides

This general needs more mostly well behaved gay men.

I miss......... violent gays........

Any games like DA:O but with a better gameplay? I liked the tactical combat at first, but god damn, the classes are so unbalanced. Mages have ridiculously strong spells and effects, while warriors and rogues have weak-ass shit, terribly uninteresting, redundant or useless skills. I was playing on Nightmare, but kinda just put it on easy after the half of the game because the combat was getting rather repetitive since there isn't a lot of variety in how you deal with things.

Are the second and third game any better(at least from a gameplay perspective, I know that their writing sucks), or should I move on to another game? If so, any suggestions? Keep in mind that I want a challenge, so consider the game at its highest difficulty setting.

>at least from a gameplay perspective, I know that their writing sucks
I think you might have that backwards.

I don't know any good ARPGs out of hand, especially ones that are difficult. Try Dragon's Dogma, NieR Automata, Dark Souls, Bloodborne.

Divinity: Original Sin
Less story though

You can create new models for weapons/armour in Dragon Age 2 but it requires a lot of work. Better to just browse the nexus.

In Inquisition, it is impossible to even modify the base game weapons..so yeah.

Thank you. I chose Tempest because it seems like the most fun class for Rogues.

Because she is too nice and naive. You need someone in the divine position that can lead and make hard decisions and knows about the politics.

Plus no one wants to listen to that accent and she was a little rude to Dorian.

>Leliana is degenerate
KYS asap. Kiss YourSelf!

*kisses you softly*

Baldur's Gate is challenging if you don't know the mechanics back and forth, but there's a lot of variety in what kind of character you can make and most of the classes are fully capable of being useful all the way through the games (maybe except for non-blade bards but who the fuck rolls a bard).

Flatterer! *gently slaps*

I wanted to recommend Baldur's Gate to him but if he wants ""gameplay"" and doesn't care about the story, he's not going to like BG.

user said he enjoyed DA:O's tactical combat before it got repetitive so I assume he didn't mean "I like it when I press a button and something awesome happens" by "gameplay".

The last Dark Souls 3 content comes out today..I almost forgot.

I forgot about DS3 altogether...... desu.....

instagram.com/p/BO1pR0FA752/?hl=en

Koreans are so cute..

>instagram.com/p/BPJMpdlAB_s/?hl=en
>I love ur feet jess
/meg/...

Already got my character ready... it's not the 28th for me yet tho...

Oh jesus. I was watching a video with this lady that does diy hamster stuff earlier. Nothing but hand envy, they were so pretty and delicate.

Release date is 27th. It comes out in just 2 hours from now on Steam!

Wat, it says 28th for me. Last time it was a tuesday too.

For me it says that it releases in about 1 hour and that it releases on the 28th. That contradicts each other in my timezone but it's not like I'm buying it or own dark souls anyway.

Maybe it just got updated. It says 28th and 1 hour left now.

Don't the writing of the second and third game suck compared to the first one?

BG's gameplay didn't age well, D&D-based games are shit by today's standards.

Oh shiet, I would certainly welcome it because I don't feel like playing For Ded anyway.

>My name is Solas, if there to be introductions!

Man ain't nobody talkin' to you faggot.

Rude!

Soo DA:I. Love it so far.

Was a massive fan of DAO, never played 2 until a few months ago (I hated everything I saw about it), finished it last week, now on with I, awesome. I have muh questions and I rather ask them here than risk spoilers?

I'm in Skyhold now and I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the choices. I guess I'm gonna do the dwarven shit now. Obviously I assume there is no time-related penalty to leaving the Empress matter until I'm finished with that right? I'm pretty sure there's not, but the amazing Redcliffe bit left me a bit scared.

Also, do I have to pick all romance options in order to romance someone? I did skipe one of Cassandra's -fight with Varric-. Or can I still romance them even if I don't click all the hearts?

Thanks. Human mage btw.

I'm hungry, sleepy, possibly getting a cold... and aroused!

No time limit.

I think so.

What dwarven stuff? Are you talking about the Descent dlc? It should be done after you reach lvl 20+. There is no time penalty in quests (heh, kinda stupid the Inquisitor is picking Elfroots when the world is tearing apart..)

And no, you don't need to pick every romance option to romance a character. I think the final ones matter.

Naughty user!

Are you thinking of Our Girl ?

I get that way, too !

Nightmare inducing

uh . . .

Leliana does make me _____ill!

Ahahaha... yep!

>looks at Leliana
>isn't aroused

? ? ?

I have never gotten dreams/nightmares about any video-game character. I wish..

I'm so f****** horny at the thought of exorcising Leliana's lyrium ghost ! ! !

oh my !

That is a good thing.

skipping rocks with Liz....

I also decided to get DA:I after all. While it's loading I'm looking at romance options and, based purely on their mugshots, I'd say the choices are quite weird. There are great options for straight both female/male and gay male also has some actual choices, but for yuri am I really choosing between a potato nosed elf and the most bland looking character in the entire Bioware library?

>Great options for straight males
Like who

Because lesbians a shit.

*sobs*

cuz they designed characters meant to appeal to actual wlw and not fetishizing cis het myn

Well, Cassandra. That's about it, point taken. At least she looks good. Whatever, I'll just romance Cullen because he's just about the only character I remember from Origins. Too bad Leliana isn't an option this time.

she's a nigger

What race are you planning to play?

>At least she looks good
I dunno, waifus don't have to be perfect be she looks more of a man to me than anything. She looks much worse than in DA2.

Humie most likely.

> the most bland looking character in the entire Bioware library
but Sebastian isn't even in the game

Oh well, Cullen might be your best option here. If you play as an Elf you might like the bald elf, he is important from a story perspective.

>my elf-kin human Inquisitor can't romance Solas
problematic

Can anyone here share that one pic of Sarah Ryder with the autism hat?

thank you very much friend

user's Nine.

>15 IPs

16. i was lurking.

3 are mine though. Phoneposting, other was a manual IP change on PC
:(

The dawn will come.

13 actual posters, I mean surely there is no samefagging involved in this general whatsoever, so how can all of this be...

17 inc..

Thom hugs...

>own ME2
>spent plenty of time watching videos about the plot of the trilogy
>can never ass myself to get through the start screen
am I doomed to never enjoy mass effect?

I'm playing DA:I for the first time after playing DA:O a few times over the years.Did you guys get used to the camera/controls after a while?

I can't help but feel that they're a major step down from DA:O but I figure maybe I'll get used to them. In particular I don't see any point to not always be in tactical mode since I can't stand having to hold down a button to keep attacking. The camera is pretty limited in tactical though I have to keep switching back and forth which gets pretty aggravating.

WRONG GENERAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

autism

just play it

ME2's story is paper thin and bad but the characters, world building, and soundtrack are good

I dunno, I never use the tactical mode in Inquisition, it feels useless to me. I miss the click to move feature, space to pause and a proper useful tactical mode from Origins.

>I miss the click to move feature, space to pause
Yeah exactly. I was beyond mad when I figured out you had to already be next to something to activate it. What a massive cock-up. Don't know what they were thinking.

>DA team
>talks with fans regularly
>did streams of their game pre and post release
>even stream other games in their spare time
>largely the same people working on every game inthe series
>even /dag/ weeped when Cam left

>ME team
>silence
>no streams
>people coming and going after each game, sometimes even in the middle of development
>no love

You need to go back.

I want more games like DAI. Or even Skyrim.
I am tired of the DnD rehash POE or D:OS shit.
I am tired of all the newest fantasy/story games being to much for my computer (Witcher, DS).
I am tired of hack and slash.
I am tired of roguelite.
I am tired of incomplete games (Secrets of Grindea).
I want a good game that isnt just a trivial grind. Is this truly so hard to ask?

umm I'm praising DA and shitting on ME???

Tyranny.
Pillars of Eternity has classes that are not the same but are kind of equal?
Aside from those, most other CRPGs are pretty scant on substantive writing outside of circumstantial moments.

Tyranny, despite how often I forget about it, is probably my favorite western RPG. IT does everything right and more.

It has four distinct routes, a companion system like DAO and an honestly more interesting world compared to the original DAO

I just used an Xbox controller

Yes.
How do you define a 'trivial grind?'
I consider 90% of the content in Skyrim to be fluff and filler. Mechanically it's shallow on every front and the story that's present does a lot to prevent you from getting invested in it.

DAI was a move in the right direction for me, in a general way, but it still had issues.
Its combat was interesting but still fairly shallow. Again, most of the roleplaying was pretty controlled or linear or completely aesthetic (your comment about what you did before coming to the Inquisition is basically a one-time comment).

The writing for the Inquisitor was more interesting than Hawke and was honestly a solid performance for what was supposed to be a blank-slate protagonist.

What would be in your 'good game'? Most of the features either require a very good designer and/or a lot of money.

Are any of the salarians in multiplayer female

Youre not wrong. Secrets of Grindea is good, but it will never get done. DAI is good, just about right, too bad I have low expectations for the next. Skyrim is meh, I never played all the way through, but the more of it the better since it sets a good "example" for other rpgs to follow and build on. Bastion is pretty good, sadly I doubt Ill ever see something like that again.

The DnD games i am just tired of, POE, Baldurs, D:OS, etc. They all feel the same.

Currently, gaming is suffering from what big screenmovies are going through: throw out minimal shit that is sure to get $. Maybe as more good examples of games come out, like Witcher, Dark Souls, Skyrim, DA, more people will invest.

Tactical is basically useless as shit, or at least supremely obnoxious to do anything with. I spent a lot of the game holding down the attack button.