Mid engined

>mid engined
>real wheel drive
>two seats
>maximum visibility, no crash/pedestrian safety bullshit whatsoever
>normally manual
>low weight
>high power
>engines normally NA, only turbo for true insanity not to make up for lacking power in an economy POS
>never used as appliances because actual effort is needed to use them, and creativity is needed just to carry a load of groceries

Is it, dare I say, /ourvehicle/?

Other urls found in this thread:

cycleworld.com/2015/06/22/2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-superbike-road-test-motorcycle-review-photos-specifications/#page-39
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell me how to not be afraid of riding a motorcycle. I'm confident that I would be fine, but I cannot stop thinking about getting smeared all over the asphalt by a soccermom

>>normally manual
[electronic assisted shifting intensifies]

Just ride in low traffic areas

Most people who are not drunk and not wearing any safety don't die. They just break their collarbone, both ankles, and sometimes an arm or a leg when they land after a sick flip or slide into a curb. Motorcycles are perfectly safe.

This. I'd have no qualms with owning one of it wasn't for other drivers.

wat, are you speaking of quickshifters? Or those few dct hondas?

Also
>enough space to carry you and all of your friends

I met an ER doctor once. He said the most common traffic-related surgery is sewing testicles back onto motorcyclist.
If you think riding a bike takes balls, it really only takes balls to ride it until the first crash.

And now you know why cruisers have tiny teardrop tanks that barely hold any fuel.

It's like a ramp for your balls so they smoothly fly off the bike with the rest of you.

Could this be any more of a lie?

Stop being so anxious.

Everybody dies, death isn't that big of a deal desu. It's just a fact of life.

It's becoming a vegetable, that's what you should think about.

Not him, but I know of 3 innocent bikers who died in the last 2 months because some fuckwit pulled out in front of them or simply plowed into the back of them. Even saw one happen. I was sad to find out the guy died. He was just a 50 year old dude enjoying a 7pm night ride going the speed limit.

95% of motorcycle crashes are because of the rider. No matter what they say it's almost always their fault but everyone will say that the vehicle not looking out for the bike lanespiltting 45mph over the speed limit is at fault. Sure you might be cut off a bit more often but you are quite a bit more aware when you are on a bike so it's usually just fine. it's up to you whether your mentality allows you to get on a bike or not.

This. Motorcyclists speed. They all do. End of story. If you're an old fuck, you shouldn't be riding. Avoid cruisers because they can't brake for shit and the seating position means you're getting sandwiched between metal instead of being bucked off

>not always going fast enough that nobody can run into from behind

Not on heavy traffic roundabouts you aren't

You don't get it.

Yes, people die.

But it's not a big deal in the big scheme of things. You have to remember you're barely an insignificant blip on the dirty asshole of life. Yes, death is inconvenient and sad and all that, but it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

Stopping yourself from doing things you might enjoy because you might die seems stupid when you realise that death is inevitable and could come at any moment.

You could choke on a cup of water and drown, you could trip and fall and smack your noggin just right.

Riding a motorcycle seems pretty trivial in that context desu.

>but I cannot stop thinking about getting smeared all over the asphalt by a soccermom

You won't get smeared, but you'll break bones and lose skin. I've never gone under the wheels, but I've gone over bonnets a few times.

Are there limits on how obnoxiously loud and bright you can make your baiku? Seems to me like a bike with no mufflers and covered in lods of LED underlighting and accents would be bretty safe

Also
>place blacklights all over sides and top
>fluorescent riding gear
>I am become visibility
a trailer or sidecar carrying a stereo system capable of frightening the deaf would also be handy

There are noise limits and limits on how bright your lights can be, among other things.

Also doing all that is futile, you could paint yourself flouro yellow and ride around with open headers and pople still wouldn't notice you.

Fun fact: sound is directional, and exhausts point backwards.

Hence why loud pipes don't save lives, and neither does blinding oncoming traffic.

What does save lives is defensive riding and making good choices in all aspects of riding, on the road or off.

>"I'm a neet who hates life and how insignificant my existence is and don't care if I die" the post.

>"I'm so afraid of dying that I can't let it go when other people see life differently to me" the post

I value my life greatly, doesn't stop me from riding motorcycles.

>sound is directional and exhaust point backwards
lol no
i guess you've never been at a circuit
you can hear a bike coming from a block awwy, they soung like mini f1 engines

I have a 900cc p twin with no silencing of any description to speak of. The engine is built out in quite a few ways. I've never had any complaints, even from neighbours

>p twin
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>Hence why loud pipes don't save lives, and neither does blinding oncoming traffic.

What a bullshit.

Try riding with stock exhaust and then put a slip on / full exhaust.

You'll notice huge difference, most of the cars will actually notice you and quit trying to kill you.

Also if you were driving anything you'd have first hand experience of hearing stupid harley-fags with straight pipes from like hundreds yards past you.

Reminder the most dangerous thing to new riders is new riders, NOT other road users

Cruisers can outbrake supersports because of the weight distribution

I've had i4s, I prefer the p twin

Almost all exhaust and lighting mods are illegal but almost never enforced in the US

sure you do, nobike
in your dreams

ride it on the highway

Carfag who dabbled in bikes here.

Most drivers don't see you and you all look like retards and drive way too fast over take with oncoming traffic too close and lane filter around blind corners a d have little regard for anyone else on the road except your faggoty friends/group.

And yes riding around with a obnoxious exhaust and hi beam LEDs do nothing for your visibility because youve already hit a tree or truck because you can't ride for shit and done 250km/h in a 50 zone.

Seriously don't ride like shit especially in heavy traffic in the middle of the fucking day.

Hoon at night.

Oh and next time one of u fucks do something stupid I'll be ramming u off or worse.

T. Friendly warning from everyone else on the road

Thanks organ donors

>Cruisers can outbrake supersports because of the weight distribution

I'm sorry but you are full of shit.

That's not true.

Cruisers suck at braking and turning. And accelerating.

It's not the best all around bike.

You just need to nut the fuck up and assume everyone else is drunk, texting, and actively trying to kill you. Once you do this it's not bad you are pretty much ready for someone to do some fucky shit all the time. Just always be ready to brake or swerve doesn't matter if the car is in the wrong you are the one who's gonna break something. Just be ready for it always

Having more powerful brakes does NOT mean faster stopping. It means you have to squeeze the lever less to achieve the same braking. Sportbikes are very front-heavy and have a high center of gravity. Their limit of braking is cut short by how easily they stoppie.
R1 stopping distance (60-0mph): 129 feet
cycleworld.com/2015/06/22/2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-superbike-road-test-motorcycle-review-photos-specifications/#page-39
>Ducati Panigale’s huge Brembos (which stops 12 feet shorter from 60–0 mph)
so lets say the Panigale stops in 117 and based on the way they're talking about it lets assume it is the best superbike.
The R1 gets blown out by all these cruisers and adv bikes, and even the Pani gets beat by some.

No you actually learn this when you get into your first crash. anything can happen i remember almost being hit by a huge volvo suv and litterally a few inches before it hit me whrn i passed through.

YOU COULD HAVE AN ANYERISM ON THE TOILET.... you never know

You only hear about motorcycle fatalities.

Lots of people die in cars too, just shut the fuck up and try one.

>put stock muffler back on
>"hey man why is your bike loud as heck!?"

It's true, aftermarket exhausts don't do shit except save weight and help airflow.

Bikes are loud when the engine is under load regardless.

>Carfag who dabbled in bikes here.

I sense a bitter scooter owner.

not him but i had some great scooter skills. but they dont addapt to motorcycles thst well

I dislocated my knee, tore most of my ligaments, and had to have a giant metal brace screwed into my leg for 6 weeks. I'll never ride again but looking back it was worth it. Or maybe it's just these pain meds kicking in real nicely.

>no actual seats
>no cupholders
Dropped.

>implying 60-0 stop times mean anything

lets see 100-0

Well yes they are the most relevant statistic because most people won't be going near 100 most of the time.
100-0 will literally be the same thing extrapolated over a longer time/distance anyway. The same limits will apply to the brakes in either situation. A single 100-0 stop isn't enough to overheat even the shittiest brakes by modern standards.

NOT SO FAST

>>no actual seats
>>no cupholders
>Dropped.

>mid engined
I wonder what a FR bike would be like

>be me
>live in florida
>people don't even see you in a large ass van
I really want a bike but fucking people here

Yamanoob? Is that you?

Dont pass on a solid yellow dummy and that wont happen

there's some french(?) guy who made an FF one
also an ancient rotary 5 FF
italian Ls and honda's NC could technically be considered FR i gues...

Riding a motorcycle will become dramatically safer as active crash avoidance becomes common / mandatory on cars/trucks. A lot of modern cars won't let you rear end a motorcycle, or pull out in front of one. Before long all vehicles will have transponders and crashes will be near impossible.

friends that don't ride ain't shit tho

>be me
>have large ass van and a few tiny ass bikes

it matters a lot less when people don't see your little bike because sickfast

Sounds like fun!

>no one can admit you're right.

You're right user.

>enough space to carry you and all of your friends

You forget that motorcyclists are rebels and rebels have no friends.

ironically i did start out on a scooter and ended up pivoting to trail bikes

never got into road bikes mainly because
>never got licence
>roads are insanely dangerous in my area
>drivers even worse
>fuck up and i fly off the side of a mountain

havent gone on a bike for almost 8 years, dont really miss it tbqh, trailbikes where fun tho.

>Tell me how to not be afraid of riding a motorcycle.

No. You are a pussy and that's incurable. Stick to cages. Only people who lust to ride should ride.

I've done quiet/loud before and the only difference I noticed was that people noticed me when I was next to/right on top of them.

Not before I arrived, but as soon as/after.

As for killing me less, idk. I don't think it would drag people out of their little world enough to change their behaviours, certainly didn't feel like it to me.

Riding a dirtbike one time doesn't mean you dabbled in bikes Falcunt.

>I'll be ramming u off or worse

Sure thing, kiddo.

you probably dropped your bike because you're a fucking retard.

This just makes me want to hoon even harder. Thanks cager :)

My mom's cousin got hit in a parking on a bike doing less than 5mph. Had helmet on and such. Hit the curb just right and died on impact.

No worries organ donor squid kebab happy hooning.

Wow you still love following me around huh postie

>he thinks I'm postie

Keep telling yourself that.

i dont really give a shit who you are, stay mad inkhead

Sure you don't.

Enjoy trying to divide and fight the internet because it triggers you.

the fuck? Go back to your containmentcord

fuck off fatcunt, you've never ridden a bike in your life

Master race reporting in

No smog required, even in Commiefornia. Mod as you please. 40+ mpg all while going 0-60 in under 4 seconds. No need to worry about traffic, just Lane split.

Carfag here, ride my little EX250 to work at least twice a week, lane splitting as I go along. One of the best safety mods I've done is throwing out the standard headlight bulb and replacing it with pic related off eBay.
It's halogen not HID shit so not pissing anybody off in that regard.
Makes you a shitton more visible to traffic.
Plus, what I see a lot of retards do is lane split at 100kph just because that is the speed limit on the road.
WTF.

>Stick to cages. Only people who lust to ride should ride.
how can you wear a helmet AND a fedora at the same time?

Squid

hot glue it on top or get a mohawk helmet

You'll be fine just watch "a twist of the wrist" a couple times. also you need decent gear and helmet that fits well

>I'll be ramming u off or worse
no surprise there given that in multiple vehicle accidents involving motorcycles the cars at fault most of the time

> Hit the curb just right