What's the verdict on the new Honda Accord?

What's the verdict on the new Honda Accord?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSVOE07d3Dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The TLX is finally going in the right direction, aggressive styling on par with the Accord touring. It won't compete in its segment until they get serious and use a turbo 6 or at least turbo 4 at 350~hp

why does Honda/Acura love this tiered two screen bullshit? It looks fucking horrendous.

What the fuck, Acura?

Full review if anyone is interested as this guy was the first to get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GSVOE07d3Dw

>built in texting ability

Who thought this was a good idea?

Bottom screen for climate control and radio
Top one is for navigation and I'm don't think it's on models without tech packages

At least, unlike the current gen civic, it has a fucking VOLUME KNOB

>no manual trans
into the trash it goes.

They fucked it up. They fucked it up bad. They had a fucking chance here and they blew it.

Styling looks nice enough, I'll give them credit on that.

>they didn't touch the engine, which is just a bit underpowered for that car
>they didn't fix the fucking abysmal transmission that the v6 comes with (the v4 transmission is great, but why the fuck would you get the v4 on a TLX?)
>it still has Acura's shit navigation system, which at this point they should pay you to use - it's probably the worst in the industry (which is a pity, because the way it integrates into the car is top notch)
>they don't appear to have upped their game with their self-driving tech and are just reusing what they already have, which was pretty top notch a few years ago but is now middling
>CarPlay and Android Auto are finally integrated (which makes the nav even more pointless), but they fucked it up by limiting it only to the top screen and forcing you to navigate anything with the fucking knob
>still plastic shit all over the interior
>if you want the better tires you have to get A-Spec, but if you want all the bells and whistles from a tech standpoint you have to get advanced package WHICH DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN OPTION FOR 19" WHEELS
>they're still pushing their suede shit on the seats like it's a luxury
>no haptic feedback on the touchscreens

t. 2016 ILX owner

I had hopes for this car. But it's a pass. Especially because they jacked up the price.

Why are there still dozens of buttons then, if the point of the extra screen was to minimize buttons?

The Japanese fucking suck at infotainment and ergonomics. Lexus is the best of the worst with that fucking laptop touchpad bullshit.

It's kinda weird. I have it on my ILX and I actually like it, but it looks like they went more retarded here because some of those buttons are duplicated on the touch screen.

On the ILX the lower touch screen is for audio interaction (which is nice, because the layout can completely change to better suit what source you're listening to) and occasionally it transforms into an input mechanism for some of the other functions of the top screen (like typing in a street name on the touch screen in navigation mode).

On the TLX, looks like they have climate control physical buttons, but also climate control stuff on the touch screen. That seems fucking dumb - on ILX they're physical only. Also there's a row of physical buttons that control what mode the top screen is in. The row under that (back, menu, and the wheel) are for navigating the top screen (which usually has phone contacts, navigation stuff, or car setting menus on it)

Holy shit I just came

>if the point of the extra screen was to minimize buttons?
that's not the point of them.
the point of the screens is to display information, not minimize buttons

>Bottom screen for climate control and radio
My waifu bought a 2017 civic ex l and it uses the screen for climate control. It is the must infuriating thing ever.

Basically, you have to wait before the car cycles through the safety / other bukkshit before you can access the climate controls. It's completely unnecessary to route that through the display.

Then that's even more moronic and shitty.

Acura a shit.

Acura's not the only one doing the multiple ipads motif.

You have to realize that Acuras hands are kind of tied with the TLX. It shares a platform with the Accord which will be all new for 2018, Honda is also working on 2 10ATs, one a performance one with a triple clutch. Theres also a rumor of an Acura exclusive turbo 6, though the 2.0 turbo in the CTR can EASILY be boosted to 350 underrated hp.

rice delivery

They all look like they've been totaled already.

No wait that's just the Civic's shitty design.

It's a fucking refresh you memester, not a new model. For a refresh the changes are extremely extensive.

holy shit look at that map scale are the gooks trying to make people think their flying a f-35 or something.

I'm buying one in the fall

>V4
Summer is here.

Which one 2 cop?? Ive got 12k

Accord/Civic
Mazda3
Camry/Coroller

>button shifter
jesus christ how horrifying

What years on the Mazda/Hondas?

>10 speeds

>Triple clutch

Sigh, fuck this. Fuck this so hard.

How much will that weight, anyway?

Can't they just go back to making lighter, simpler fun cars?

lets say 2014 for all of them
All of them have between 35-60k miles

>dat blatant knockoff mercedes benz grill

Why do you idiots thing absolutely fucking everything is a copy of something else?

funny I was just thinking how shitty that grill looked

because car companies have followed trends since the beginning and always copy off each other.

Anyone have that pic with the 80s cars that all looked exactly the same.

>tfw selling my sti, and si for one of these

t. triggered gook

At least in the 80s they looked ok.
They all look like shit now.

30 years from now someone is going to say the same thing about taro Civics and Nismo CVT Sentras

because its all downhill and every year they manage to one up themselves on ugly shit designs.
I hate to see how bad it will be in 30 years.

the emblem is a tad small

Why do you have both of those cars, though?

bought the si when I was too broke to afford an sti, bought the sti after I did a lot of work to the si. Civic gets garaged for winter, sti gets pisspounded through snow like its meant to.

Boomers have been saying the same thing since before you were born

>V4

This is fuckin stupid, if it wasn't for the color they would not look similar at all.

>Hurrr this one also has a sloped roofline, 2 doors and narrow headlights, they're totally identical!
-user

nice damage control

>v4

cool, nice to see it making a comeback

Ugly as shit but what else is new?