Have you ever been in a car crash Veeky Forums?

Have you ever been in a car crash Veeky Forums?

What was it like? What was the damage?

Other urls found in this thread:

myfox8.com/2017/04/15/1-killed-5-injured-after-head-on-crash-in-randolph-county/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't remember it. Woke up with a bunch of people asking me question about what day, month, and year. Got hit on the passenger side. It was very confusing and I had no idea what was going on for about 30 minutes.

Ouch that sucks man, how was your car?

was with my mom in her shitty ford aspire. was christmas day and was going to my sister's house. woman feel asleep at the well coming out of a subdivision in a fucking expedition and hit the front right of the car. smashed the engine compartment really fucking bad. if she had hit the passenger section i would probably be dead. spent the first half of xmas strapped to a board in the back of an amberlamps and in the ER and the latter half of the day wishing those faggot nurses had given me some fucking pain killers. car was totalled, no fucks given.

Completely fucked. I'm lucky I survived. That was the day that I learned that my little red Miata was a death apparatus. It was fortunate that I didn't have my girlfriend with me because after that she wouldn't be around anymore. Bro truck hit the passenger side then that made another car hit the drivers side rear.

Low speed crash in a Ford Galaxy
I was 15 and my mum crunched into some poor sods Volvo

Was speeding a bit on a slightly wet highway, car decided to drift instead of turning. Ended up smashing against the concrete of the left border, car spun a few times, hitting the border again. Since it was an old 90's euro shitbox, the airbag didn't even work.

I had absolutely no damage but the car was a wreck, I sold it to a junkyard.

Couple.

First time I slid into someone in my land barge sable in the rain. Was a pretty slow collision, not much damage.

Second time was pretty recent. Got forced off the road by a brotruck, lost control, and hit a curb sideways with my driver rear.

I vividly remember holding the drift into the turn and seeing the curb coming, then seeing the curtain and side airbags exploding into view. It was like slow motion. The adrenaline was so high for the next 30 minutes I didn't even feel the burn on my leg from the door, the bruised ribs, or burn on my hip from the airbag.

This was the driver rear suspension. Sheared off the UCA, shattered the LCA, sheared off a chunk of the rim and tire, broke and bent various other pieces. All tallied up, it was 8700 in damage because the rear crossmember and rear quarter panel were gonna need at least some work.
>this kills the G37

>suburban woman in an SUV doing something retarded like falling asleep at the wheel

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Makes me piss that car when I look back at pics. I realize how beautiful it was and how I took it for granted but I don't miss the repair bills and maintenance. But I don't want another Mercedes-Benz, even an older one like that. That one was enough. Now I drive a small economy car and am okay with it.

You were speeding though... So their assumption would have been correct.

Sperg.

miss, not piss. freudian slip?

Yeah, about 38 mph in a 35 zone.

In 2014 I rear ended a Chevy Traverse in my C124.
Highway location, hit at probably 25mph, it was wet and my ABS was working hard to try but it wasn't enough.

Their car was fine, my front end was busted up but nothing the body shop couldn't fix, the steel on that car was crazy thick. Only thing that really got busted was the hood, a headlight, the grille, and my radiator and support. Had it repaired and its almost as good as new.

The actual wreck was awesome. If I could go around pushing shitty SUVs off the road with modified old Benzes with pushbars I would. I didn't feel a thing, my car pushed them more than it stopped me.

Fuck anyone who buys a Traverse or one of its clones.

Yeah, about a month ago.

myfox8.com/2017/04/15/1-killed-5-injured-after-head-on-crash-in-randolph-county/

I'm still recovering.

When you actually crash it kind of goes black, but you feel shit spinning around. Afterwards everything just hurts.

Don't feel like reading that link, can you write a short story please?

Happened just 3 weeks ago.It was kinda traumatizing.Not in a sense that you curl up in a ball and just stare at a wall, but more of the chances of it happening again. I thought of myself as a pretty good driver, others think so too. There's this corner near my place that I've done a million times. I though I had it, you know, the calculations and all that.
I knew how fast I could run it, I knew how much the car will slide, I knew how much it'll skid, and I knew how fast I need to flick the steering wheel.
Then the shit happened and I rolled my car because I hit a small bump/divider thing in the middle of the road. Fractured a few bones, dislocated my fingers, cracked a rib and sprained my neck.My brother who wasn't wearing a seat belt at the back didn't even have a scratch on him and the windows were open. We're lucky to be alive but I knew how badly I fucked up. Got too cocky and thought I had it in the pocket. When you see shit like that on tv, you'd think it could never happen to you.Well it can and it gives you a new perspective in life. I'm trying to get up to speed figuratively and literally in life. I lost confidence in my driving skill and I haven't even done anything remotely fast on my back up car, which is slow as shit but I'm totally okay with it.

tl;dr
Don't be stupid, no matter how much practice or confidence you have in yourself, the tiniest miscalculation could be the end of everything.

Were you the SUV or the mustang?

>Driving to work in my mint, low mile Mark VII LSC
>approaching intersection that I have the green light for
>see car speeding up from the road on the left at the last second
>hit brakes, Tbone P71 dead center going 30mph
>he takes off
>I stop to asses damage
>cop stops and asks me what happened, writes me ticket because I couldnt find my insurance card
>insurance company denies my claim because "We don't know if the person in the other vehicle had insurance or not"

Bad feel, thing only had like 80k miles when this happened

I feel your pain, I rear ended some poor girl on the freeway last year because I didn't have time to stop when a car a few cars in front of her skidded out of control. Totalled my car and I took the bus to work for months out of fear of driving. I haven't driven with confidence since, I still get a bit panicky. I take 0 chances now, 5 under and never take rights on red. Lots of honks and butthurt but fuck you.

we should ban these from the roads

they are illegal in europe of course

The south would rise again if they did

Yeah man. People kept saying "just drive it out" so that the fear and the trauma goes away. Well it isn't that easy. Like you said, I also don't take chances. Fuck the whole curiosity thing when it comes to driving. I used to love the thrill now I just want to fucking go slow and not kill myself or anyone. Same as you, I freak out on right turns, because that's when it happened. Hopefully the fear goes away. But with how things are, I might never go back to racing.

How's the girl?Did she survive?

kek I know people who think this is the only way to have a truck. The prime example is this kid I work with
>285lbs
>5 ft 2
>virgin

Wtf is with you pansies being scared of driving after wrecking? I crashed at over 100 mph and totalled my car. Getting a motorcycle soon. Quit being little bitches

2 weeks after I passed my driving test I crashed my Mk III Fiesta into a works van that stopped in the middle of the road for some reason. I was shouting abuse at someone out my window at the time... there was no damage to the van cos it had a big towbar on the back. My car needed a new bonnet and headlight. The guy in the van said not to worry about it but then the company he worked for made a claim against my insurance a few days later but put a different reg plate on the claim. My insurance company thretened to take them to court and they shat out and dropped their claim. I paid 400 quid to get my shitbox fixed and that was the end of that. No injuries or anything. A couple of weeks later I was in a car park and just reversed out of a space when I looked in my mirror to see a girl approaching my car from behind PUTTING HER FUCKING LIPSTICK ON WHILST LOOKING IN HER FUCKING REAR VIEW MIRROR!! Crash...right into my arse. Her shitty 106 was fucked but there wasn't a scratch on my Fiesta.

Yeah, had some whiplash but nothing major. Her car only needed like 2000 in repairs miraculously considering I hit her at at least 50 mph

Kek wtf does a little fat oompa loompa look like at that size

>Cruisin' down the street in my '94 (1994 town car)
>55mph in a 55 zone, middle lane
>light rain
>suddenly, flipping sideways toward median, rolled 4.5 times and landed on my roof
>crawled out of shattered windshield and am unharmed, see flaming blue wreckage on the far shoulder
>call 911 and wait for amberlamps

Guy in a brand-new (at the time) 2015 Mustang GT came flying down an on-ramp at about 70 mph and hit my right rear fender area and sent me rolling sideways, bounced off of me and hit a tree head-on, died on impact. I was unhurt save for a black eye, bloody nose, and a cut in my arm. Other driver was dead, both cars totaled... I was sad because I loved that car.

At least he died happy :)

>never take rights on red

Even if its clear?

rear ended, bumper destroyed and now my rear hatch like to pop open like it used to

new bumper from ebay and i sprayed a shit load of white lithium grease in the hatch hinges, lock, etc shit still doesn't like to open

Well, the driver of the Mustang is dead, there was another adult and two children in it. user didn't mention anyone dying, so...

>The driver of the Mercedes Benz, Sheng Zhou, 24, of Charlotte, and a passenger were also injured and taken to Moses Cone Hospital, according to troopers.
Either Mr. Zhou is posting with us today, or user was riding with his Chinese friend.

he's fucking round. like a damn pumpkin. pasty white legs and arms. I have only once seen him in shorts and a t shirt and it was the funniest shit ever.
>his ankles and wrists only got larger as they began.
>like a constant incline. almost like cones with little hands and feet at the ends

Kek