Redpill me on the Prius...

Redpill me on the Prius. I feel like things will just start breaking down one after the other all of a sudden after a few years. How do they handle in the snow?

>Redpill me

Go back to your cesspool

I don't think /pol/ will be able to tell me about cars.

Priuses are actually fairly decent economy cars. They're able to handle bad weather fairly well.

The only reason people don't like them is because Prius drivers have a reputation for being insufferable and holier-than-thou. And they also look hideous (the front of the new model looks like a video game asset that isn't rendering properly)

redpill me is from the matrix bro

It's just a turn of phrase for "Tell me about..."

Ah, that's nice to hear. I'm between that and pretty much the opposite - a 2004 Volvo XC70 wagon and an 09 Prius, both with about 130k, and both about the same price. The Prius seems fun, but I do like station wagons. The Volvo felt like a tank, and I can't decide if that's good or bad. I have a 97 Toyota Camry wagon right now that I need to update.

You also forgot
>*pulls out in front of you and proceeds to go 5 under*

Is your criteria
>it must make me look like a cuck

I got a wagon because my dog has bad legs. They're low enough to the ground that she can still get in without help and use the folded down seat as stairs, and the added trunk space gives her room. Also helpful when buying furniture and stuff.

between those two you'll save more money with the prius, but the volvo will probably be a more enjoyable car to drive and its boxier shape won't compromise practicality and visibility, unlike the teardrop-shaped prius

>buying a prius
>buying a new prius
Why?

Its literally the most bland boring hybrid ever made and it isnt even that good on gas like the adverts claim.

The Prius Prime(plug in variant) qualifies for US federal and state tax credits for EVs. though you don't get as much as a LEAF, Bolt, or Model S. Which makes the Prime the least expensive version of the Prius.

>(the front of the new model looks like a video game asset that isn't rendering properly)
thought I was the only one that thought of this kek

I used to own a 2004. It was a great daily driver but I got jewed regularly bringing it to the dealer for fucking "computer problems" constantly.

I didn't trust any of the quickylube places to do the right job. That engine doesn't take as much oil so I was afraid they'd overfill it.

But eventually the whole console would sometimes shut itself off every few weeks. Car would drive but there was no speedo or that touch display. Eventually it came back on but that was enough for me to sell it as soon as it was working fine. Now it's someone else's problem.

I did get it up to 200,000 though. Averaged about 46mpg. The car was extremely slow. I got a 200hp car after that and it feels like a fucking v8 mustang compared to my slow ass prius. Passing people in single lane was 10 second maneuvers. Pulling out on the highway was scary too, needed a couple hundred yards to feel safe in doing it. The electric engine gives a boost from 1-10mph so you can get some wheelspin but only for half a second and you'd have to pound it down.

>I used to own a 2004. It was a great daily driver but I got jewed regularly bringing it to the dealer for fucking "computer problems" constantly.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. Though the Volvo's transmission was a bit clunky so I may just hold off a bit longer until something I like pops up.

I saw another nice station wagon up in NH, but since I'm in MA, I'm nervous about needing to pour a ton of money into it right after buying just to pass state inspection.

Buy it user. That way your car can run on anime girls.

It's not even, that's just what popularized the term.

prieus is a very sad car

Looks more like an angry japanese man than a sad guy to me.

I don't mind the front, or the rear either. It's just the side view is fucking awful. It just looks so bad

They're good cars, OP. Not pretty, but they last and Toyota tends to back up their customers well.
Buy used.
Where do you live? Some areas have longer warranty coverage for hybrid components.

There's a warranty enhancement on that combination meter. You probably could have had it fixed for free, even with your high mileage.
Sorry you had bad dealership experiences. My current job is partly to try to make sure that crap doesn't happen.

God that's an ugly car. Like holy shit I'm repulsed by the front of that abomination. Jesus tapdancing christ I fucking hate the way that car looks.