[D a i l y B o t o r c y c l e T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B o t o r c y c l e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

user's gonna buy a new bike tomorrow edition

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Penis Rating
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Pics & Boring Webbums

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ → # →

Boring webms, now with sound!
#

Old thred:

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/car-news/veteran-driver-bob-wollek-killed-traffic-accident-near-sebring
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First

Second for a better bike

>stock exhaust on bike I want sounds wimpy
>look up aftermarket slip-ons to make it sound better
>"they can't be that much"
>pic related
wew
I'm not sure what I expected but *fuck* that's expensive
that's for an akrapovic, the yoshimura is somehow $100 less expensive but still, $400 is a lot of money

>Who the fuck would ever compare a motorcycle to a bicycle?
>well, me, and here are some reasons why
>no, they're nothing alike except for having two wheels
>here are some ways they're actually quite similar in my experience
>yes they're very similar in that way, but I wasn't talking about that

k then. can't say I'm real excited about continuing this conversation.
thanks for the pic though broseph, was having the goddamnedest time looking for it

>spool stand arrives
>put it together and raise it
>lube chain for the first time without having to push the bike down the driveway

dick is fully erect from the sheer ease of maintenance

Didn't you get this like a week ago? How many times have you lubed the chain? Wtf

technically twice, had tro ride it home new in the rain so I lubed it immediately after.

just hit 500 miles so i washed it and lubed the chain with the new spool stand.

is it wise to take your (new) bike in to the dealership for the 500 mile maintenance or is it just changing the oil + filter

Yes just do it yourself
Also check chain tension and tire pressure

>told to use chain lube, not SAE 80 or 90 gear oil
>Honda manual says to use SAE 80 or 90 gear oil, chain lube might damage the o-rings

Literally doesn't matter
I use chain wax and clean it with kerosene or diesel

Ive got an ebay gpr.

Its actually pretty good quality and was half the price of an akro.

Nice bike user, I love that color scheme.

I probably wont replace any plastics though until I do a full restoration on mine, which will happen when the motor finally needs a rebuild.

Haven't even ridden the bike on the the street, and I'm already looking into components to rice it up. What the hell is wrong with me?

>no more making fun of yellow bmws

Can finally post pictures again!

I've completely bled this bike's brakes and they're still insanely squishy. I've tried banging on the rotor to knock the air bubbles out, and now I'm trying this thing I read where you squeeze the brakes for several hours. Any other methods you guys know of to get rid of the air?

Thanks! The red looks good too. Have you had any issues with the subframe cracking? I've heard with enough weight on the tail they can crack

New tires mounted. I wound up getting Dunlop sportsmart 2s because it was all any shop nearby had in a 180/60 rear other than the shitty stock rosso 2s.

Powerbleeder if you have access to an air compressor

remove the brake pads and then squeeze the brakes

That is the most wonky frame geometry I've ever seen. Where is this?

if this doesn't work, take the wheel off and then squeeze the brakes

Isn't this how you blow your caliper pistons out

Aviano Italy, the Giro d' Italia passes through on the 26th so there's pink shit everywhere.

no that's how you fix a squishy brake

When you are bleeding the calipers, make sure that the bleeder screw is the highest point on the caliper. If you have it on a ramp or supported at an angle, you can end up with air trapped above the bleeder screw, hence it never gets out. Also remember that there may be a bleeder on the cylinder. If it is ABS equipped, there may be a bleeder on the controller, and there will be a specific procedure for bleeding it.

It's not abs. The nipple is facing straight up. Hopefully this brake squeeze works, it felt dangerous to ride this bike.

>JDM Super Blackbirds have 100hp
A fate worse than death

Just get a domestic one?

But then I would be overlooking hyberbike abuse

Hey /dbt/, just started commuting and exploring on a dual-sport, this is the first time I've owned a dirt bike. Noticed a fair bit of oil dripping down from what seems like the inside of the front sprocket cover this morning. I'm hoping this is simply excess chain lube spraying off of the front sprocket onto the inside of the cover and dripping down the transmission, I sprayed the chain down pretty heavily on Sunday.

Is this pretty typical after lubing the shit out of your chain?

Yes normal

If you notice that it keeps dripping, the seal for the sproket shaft (idk its actual name) might be starting to go. Check your oil levels periodically to see if it is dropping at all

convince me to buy another bike dbt

Buy another bike user

Normal.

It's why there are so many bikes on craigslist with less than 10k miles but thousands in aftermarket shit.

Don't be that guy.

buy my first gen sv for $1900

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to give the trans a rinse down after work today and monitor it for a couple of days. Checked the oil level as soon as I noticed it and it's still fine so if it is a real leak it's certainly not a serious one (yet).

It's a 2009 and only has 5000 km on it, bought it off of my father and I know he never road it excessively hard, seals shouldn't be popping already.

I hit a cat on my way to work this morning
Feels bad
It limped off the road and i couldnt turn around without going the wrong way through traffic.
I hope its okay

nth for only scooter I would like to own

I'm afraid of calling the seller out after he raised his price on the add a few days ago. Am i just being a cuck?

unless its an sv1000s I'm not interested

Ill see you in hell user

>unless its an sv1000s I'm not interested
oh well it was worth a try

Ok /dbt/, I recently got a kawasaki kdx 125, and want to get some sm wheels for it, but cant find any info on what size tyres will fit between the swing arm and forks. standard sizes are 80/90-21 and 110/80-18. Any ideas?

right?
me too
faired or naaked it's just so good looking

You know, I've read that in lots of places, but I haven't had any issues at all.

I've regularly crammed 40-60lbs of shit into my backpack before strapping it there, over literally thousands of miles, sometimes over really rough terrain where I was cramming over rocks, bumps, etc and bottoming out the suspension at times. I never installed any sub-frame supports or anything either.

So, either it's a problem that is vastly over stated, has been corrected on bikes 2005 or newer, or I've just gotten lucky so far.

In that pic I posted I had probably 50+ pounds on the rear fender / back of the seat and another 30+ on my side racks.

faired it's aesthetic as fuck would ride all night listening to synthwave

I like you user

we can shitpost the night away while listening to dance with the dead

I hit a cat coming home from work on a sideroad at night. A farmer was right there and when I turned around and drove up to it and him he picked it up by the neck and threw it in the ditch.

>Heated grips.

Goddamn, I really need to put some of these on my goldwing.

Doing gods work user.

Cats are vermin and a plague on the local ecosystem. If it's out wandering around it deserves death.

that's what I do almost every night user

What makes the grom better than other 125cc shitbikes?

Edgy yellow fairings that say "honda" on them?

Brakes and suspension that belong on a bigger bike?

The grom is a meme bike that Honda designed specifically to target people in urban settings like Californias coastal cities and university towns across the US. The target demographic is numales and women who have never owned a motorcycle before and want something that's "cute, fun, and not scary!"

Being a Honda, it's probably very easy to ride, reliable, and mostly idiot proof.

You're probably better off buying a 125 with a normal size frame and wheels.

Memes and marketing
Literally nothing else.

How do i know when im ready for a liter?
Ive been riding a sv650 for a year now.
Am i ready /dbt/?

From the looks of it, I thought it would at least be more refined than other 125s and offer the overall quality of a real bike. I mean, those are USD forks. Surely honda tried.

When you ride one and like it better than your current bike.

When you can go out and ride around town for an hour without breaking any traffic laws.

When you've grown past acting like a college freshman.

Most full size 125s exist to be cheap as fuck basic transportation to sell to 3rd worlders and Yuropoor high schoolers, the Grom not so much. But full size bikes still have fundamentally better road dynamics, that's why they're that way.

>Gromcuck on suicide watch

I try to shitpost all day, everyday m8.

Make motorcycling great again

>just sold my Ninjette
>put a bid in for a Daytona 675

Being tiny as fuck is good for doing wheelies and playing in driveways and parking lots and stuff. They just aren't ideally designed for travelling at speed or over distance.

There's fun stuff I could do on a scooter that I can't do on a sport bike that I could do on a Grom.

>Pristine dirtbike boots.

C'mon man.

You'll be fine. My gf who has been riding her ninja 250 2 weeks rode mine today. It's really not a big deal outside of /dbt/

NICKI HAYDEN IS DEAD

Yes.

Dirtbike boots.... its astars top spec race boot. They literally are a limited edition that came out just 3 weeks ago. Nice insult though bro!

New cummies when

you don't see this happening to car racers

>evan williams

nah, he is just another Schumacher now

Not cool man. I've been sweating this since the accident.

>dirt boot
>heavy perforation and plastic toe slider

Who is Schumacher?

What a tryhard.

autoweek.com/article/car-news/veteran-driver-bob-wollek-killed-traffic-accident-near-sebring

>while riding his bicycle
nice try french fry

Tell me about those tyres.

You are actually retarded.

But Hayden was also riding a bicycle? Did you think it happened while racing?

yes I am retarded actually

note to self don't train on a bicycle

after having ridden for nearly a year I find myself wanting to take the BRC again

have any of you guys taken the brc a second (or more) time(s) after having ridden?

you can never have too much training

The BRC is shitty training and advanced riding techniques are discouraged during it because it's the fucking BRC.

Do trackdays.

>Not buying a Veeky Forums Cuckpass for the price of an oil change

then take the advanced riders course

what bike should i get if i want a pure hungarian gf?

Grom

i said gf not butt buddy

That's what a trackday usually includes

GS500

Postan muh shitheap

i herd women dont like "men" with less then 600cc bikes

Ninja 250

Fo real, fuck bicycles.