That's 100.4 and 59 for you burgers

+1

>emissions testing
>paying taxes for used cars you bought privately
>the ridiculous safety checks that make selling shitboxes impossible
>the most acidic winter salts in the world
>snail pace speed limits
>no fun twisty roads

Trying to sell an MR2 in this shithole was a miserable fucking experience. What would have taken a day in Alberta took me a week here and raped my wallet.

>ultra high performance summer tires with 20000km of wear deemed unsafe
>buy some dangerously cheap chinese tires with a lot less grip brand new
>pass the "safety"

Fuck Onterrible

100+ F and 59 F? sounds like it would make for some pretty cool weather phenomenons.

Still like the weather in my home of Tornado alley better though. no Tornados = no deal.

yeah fuck this place,

>shitskins everywhere
>shitskins on the road
>shitskins thinking they know how to drive

like seriously they do nothing to contribute in this society.

Not really man just balls hot in the summer and ice cold in the winter. Spose to get thunder storms tonight, I'm thankful for no hurricanes and tornados.

>100 degrees
>Bad

the mechanic was just dumb, did you try different mechanics ?

100 to 59 in less than 24 hours is bad

I had already paid over 100 for one inspection, why risk paying for another?

because maybe they will let you pass with the tires ?

>maybe

Still not as bad as BC.

>A FUCKING LEAF

>54%

>emissions testing
>paying taxes for used cars you bought privately
>the ridiculous safety checks that make selling shitboxes impossible
>the most acidic winter salts in the world
>snail pace speed limits
>no fun twisty roads
Sounds just like Pennsylvania, USA.

That tax is bullshit. I'm trying to find something reliable in the $2000 area and that tax is not helping.

I like the cold weather here but the heat in the summer is unbearable. I live in a tourist town that gets swamped too, so bad drivers are everywhere. Not sure who's responsible, but a woman was hit by a car this morning by one of our elementary schools.

Literally the only thing I like about Ontario is the accessibility of 94 octane (101 RON for Yuros). Good if you have an aggressive tune on your car.

Fucking Ontario fuck this aids ridden shithole. How the FUCK is it possible to make automotive transactions such a PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS????? Taxes on used cars you bought PRIVATELY - oh, you got a good deal on it?? Well then sorry, but if the price you paid is below this arbitrary OVER INFLATED NUMBER WE PULLED OUT OF OUR FUCKING ASSES then you're going to have to pay (13%!) tax on our (((book value))). Is the car over 20 years old? Well then you fucking cuck, you're gonna have to pay to get it appraised by a mechanic, then pay tax on that figure. Are you selling a car? Well you can't do that unles you buy this $25 seller's package from us which is really a glorified bill of sale.

This is all apart from certification and e-testing which I can at least see the point of. Anyone know a workaround for any of this stuff? Especially the tax and the seller's pkg bs, considering just getting one after buying the car and "signing" it myself.

>rent a car for a day in Toronto
>$75 (ignoring the extra hour fee)

>traffic is horrible all the fucking time
>Drivers are somehow more aggresive and shittier than New York City drivers

My client in the area has the nicest group of people and yet I hate going to them because driving is fucking miserable. It takes me 20-30min to go less than 10km.

>but a woman was hit by a car this morning by one of our elementary schools.

geee that's scary, what would make an entire school hit people?.

moving buildings are scary man.

>be canadian
>riot when slavpuck team wins

>recognized that instantly as Clint Malarchuk getting his throat slashed open
guy is lucky as fucking hell to have survived that, as was Zednik

Thank the Liberal provincial government for assfucking this country for the past 12 years.

those sweet, sweet union contracts tho

I feel like the territories would unironically be the best place to be a car enthusiast.

>so much snow there is no point in using salt
>dirt cheap insurance
>all you need is winter tires
>buy something fast with AWD like an Evo or RS
>be hektik everywhere like a rally driver because not many cops

Pretty sure that natives up there would just steal your car, murder you and feed you to the polar bears.

Southern Alberta.

>No emissions
>No gay jew tax on selling privately owned vehicles
>No govt mandated safety checks. Once it passes out of Province Yee haw.
>Chinooks, limited usage of salt and clear roads throughout winter.
>A lot of oil bucks, now that the economy is in the shitter everybody is bailing on their toys, lots of good deals on sweet rides.
>Lots of paved highways way out in the boonies, piles of twisties closer to the Rockies.
>Cheaper fuel

Buying privately in Ontario is just insulting.
>Buy used car privately
>Must get it safetied again since the certificate isnt transferable
>Cant drive it until it saftied
>Only option is to tow it

Sell in the US, transfer USD to CAD, profit

How do you arrange viewings and all for that. Only seems viable if you live right next to the border.

in shitbec you just say that the car was bought for a 1$ and you just pay 15 cents in taxes.

You're gonna have to be close to the border. Otherwise you're fucked

Wrong-O bud.

You call insurance with VIN, then transfer ownership and get a 10-Day Temp sticker, which you can get 2 of, THEN you NEED to get it saftied.

Also, you guys should get into motorcycle more... no blue book values on bikes... I've bought many bikes, and all of them had bill of sale under $250.

Problem with Southern Berta is the lack of twisty roads. You have to go into the rockies or the badlands to have fun, unless you own a Hellcat or something.

Yeah. Northern, Not buttfuck northern, Alberta is superior. Dem mountains and crown land.

Do you get the temp sticker from Service Ontario? Like is it a license plate replacement or what?

Any fun roads around Edmonton? Might end up in Cold Lake

I JUST WANT A SUB $10,000 CAR THATS NEWER THAN 2010 THATS SOMEWHAT FUN TO DRIVE
WHY ARE SUBARUS SO EXPENSIVE HERE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>no fun, twisty roads
i can't imagine how sad you'd be living on the Prairies if you think ON has no twisty roads.

all these threads do is make me homesick for Ontario, y'all shitters need to move to Manitoba or Saskatchewan before you go shitting on provinces.

>Merricunts and Cucknadians think this is summer meanwhile

oh and it peaked at 55degrees

I'd like a wrx or even a regular impreza in Netherlandistan, but Subaru will only sell the wrx sti here, which costs 92k because muhhh CO2 taxes

hey, shut the fuck up i alway do this

I'm buying a retired police interceptor today from an auction. Hoping it's not shit. Long live Ontario

This gives me anxiety

>ontario
>pic related

So it is possible but you may die of old age at the service canada building?

>What is the 10-day temp sticker

Where do you get that from, ServiceOntario? Do you just present the seller's package and they give it to you, then you can get temporary insurance on it?

>Go to Service Onterrible
>Bring the vehicle permit
>Bring proof of insurance
>Bring like 20 bucks
>'Hi I need to get a temporary license plate sticker'
>Get sticker

Oh yeah, the permit needs to say the car is 'fit', so I think you have to do it before the title is transferred to you (the car becomes unfit on transfer)

>Ontario

So who is psyched for photo radar to return? I got a ticket a few months ago from some dick using LIDAR, but I'm thinking a radar detector will be a wise investment considering the unmanned cameras all use K-band, which is detectable.

Anyone here have experience using a radar detector? Specifically in a place where it's illegal?

inb4 "don't speed"

1.) That is an expensive bike to insure, no matter who you are.

2.) You must be like 21 years old and a new license holder, or have a fuckton of tickets.

I bought that crown vic today. Scheduling pickup. Pic highly related. If anyone has questions about the pricing or how it turns out, I can post

Why would you insure motorcycle?

Let me guess $1500?

Hope you got a rcmp highway cruiser straight from the auction. Otherwise you probably paid too much.

Because we don't live in a third world country, so insurance is mandatory.

what the fuck ok tell me if i got this right:
>Go to Disservice Ontario
>Get temp sticker using previous owner's papers
>Call up insurance and add the car using VIN and tell them you'll get the safety in shortly
>Transfer ownership/seller's package bullshit process
>Get safety done and tell insurance
>You now own another vehicle and your asshole has been stretched an inch wider

In Washington state you don't need to insure bikes. If you crash you die so why have insurance

Where can I go to such auctions? Link?

Because you could cause damage to someone else, or their property. Then they sue you and your insurance has a liability limit of 1-5 million, depending on your policy.

Without that, they take everything you own and you're literally made homeless because of a bike accident.

But you crash and you die
How to sue a dead man

kek get some riding experience first kiddo and/or stop being a complete retard on the road

also,
>unironically buying a yuropoor bike in north america

enjoy never being able to ride it

I used to live in cold lake. There is absolutelly nothing remotelly close. Its a literal 6 hour drive to get to anywhere half twisty.

>being that rattled about a post on Veeky Forums you get an insurance quote to prove a stranger wrong

Thats not even mine, I just saved it. I pay 500 a year full coverage on a new fz09. Im happy enough with that.

then what the fuck is the point you're trying to make?

>you crash and get crippled
>now you are a gimp and poor as fuck

Yeah much better.

rattled isn't the right world, just curious
i have a lot of bikes and i get insurance quotes all the time
td sucks anyway they quoted me about the same for my ninja, and i pay less than half of that

What's so bad about Sask and Manitoba?

Do any of you have any experience with Mazda.

I am looking at a used 2012 Mazda3 but I keep reading about them rusting out because of our winter salt.

lol