gw2crafts.net/
>Useful links
gw2efficiency.com/
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
guildwars2roleplayers.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

>Veeky Forums Guilds:
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Grovewillow, Peachy Panic, Raid Time, or Rijakk.
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Strider Of Spring, Dex Mindwrack, or Mo Zing Miko.

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H87GqJujcOk
reddit.com/user/ANET_McKenna
reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5svug8/the_head_of_the_snake_devs_here_ask_us_anything/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for fuck ERP shitposting

>tfw the guardian in the back looks like me when i started the game
damn that was fun

give me the rat

here's another two takes for you

I want someone to anal vore me.

Thanks, it's a funny character.

raziel the cuckold

>Underwater combat

Why did fractals not do as well as dungeons?

At least it's not gliding combat.

The reason why we like to complain about Jugg's caterday, is because there's fucking nothing else to talk about. We're even exhausted with complaining about Anet and gw2.

Isn't /mmog/ already a dead/semi-dead general?

The issue with /gw2g/ is that people quit but still come here. I personally know a few anons that visit this general frequently but do not play the game. How much game discussion can you wring out of a person who has quit the game? As I recall, Jugg has quit the game a long time ago yet Jugg's Caturday really affected /gw2g/ in a negative way. Like yesterday there was some good discussion trying to happen but Jugg kept flooding in those charr screenshots and disrupting everything. People here have lost hope and those who haven't are drowned out by complainers who have. The tough part is that the complainers aren't wrong.

It feels like people want GW2 to be good, but that's not the way things are. Like you could ask, "Why complain about Caturday when it only happens on the weekends? Why aren't things spectacular during the week days?" Weekends are a pretty big deal, but people are partially wrong when they say that the state of this general doesn't reflect on the state of the game.

WvW is in shambles. Servers are intentionally dropping out of T1 to have "good WvW." This game mode was a big deal to the appeal of GW2, now it's a joke in this general. Really, with WvW being as it is we're trying to run a general with holes on its foundation.

The fifth sPvP tournament season was a huge step in the right direction, but people are plain ole bored of Conquest. Stronghold isn't that fun and was pulled out of Ranked play. They increased the ascended token prices for ascended armor to horrid levels of grind, a step in the wrong direction. sPvP needs more to do in terms of fun gameplay, say, different supported PvP modes. Conquest isn't enough to talk about for years. sPvP also shines the spotlight on the shortcomings of ArenaNet's skill balance.

When ArenaNet abandoned dungeons, they shot themselves not in the foot, not on the leg, they shot themselves in the crotch. /gw2g/ loved dungeons back then.

idk about you but I'd take no caturday over the ability to complain about it

You can thank Mr. Mike for not hyping it up which leaves us nothing to talk about. Instead of getting hyped and disappointed, we'll just get disappointed.

One can only hope Mike O'Brien is replaced as Game Director by the time the new expansion launches. Hyped up promises are not as scary as complete silence.

after vae cucked him the thread is all raziel has left to care about

>it's le jugg

Nice meme, HOPE. It's one of you shitters.

too real
kyahahaha

nah I kicked jugg alreadu

Post music that you listen to when you cuddle your ERP/femsura/femcharr/fhd/salad/momnorn waifu.

youtube.com/watch?v=H87GqJujcOk

>[Here] thread deleted again
i wonder who the janitor is....
really makes you think

/terag/ exists and their general dies like ours

they basically talk about elin butts and request thread sluts to help them cum in-game

and post erp logs

so what's wrong /gw2g/? why can't we at least decide on which race to drool on as a community???? as a general

What do you mean by "well"? Fractals are way more profitable to do compared to dungeons now.

you lost. Get over it.

>yfw free-form flying in which you can fly in any direction you want
>yfw aerial combat
>it works exactly like underwater combat

anet cant ever balance WvW, i wouldnt know how to either

anet has balanced PvP but then decides to ruin it with more balance and taking away rewards

anet gives casuals a good way to make gold then takes it away

cool man, cool

Caturday does have an impact on people visiting the general but so did other things going on during regular weekdays.

The state of gw2g does reflect on the state of gw2 i'll agree on that but have nothing to add.

>make a handful of levels ranging from trivial to tedious
>make an extremely autistic grind wall to progress and see the exact same levels again
>literally as many new fractals as there was new dungeon paths/reworks
shit content
shit game

Pretty much this. Agony resistance was pretty fucking lame then, it's still pretty fucking lame now.

First you need to understand that ArenaNet tries way too hard to "innovate" and experiment. They're the type of developer that wastes years revamping the revamp of the revamp. They release something and then promise to add more of said something now that the foundation is in place but do nothing and just revamp said foundation. You think to yourself, "Hey if adding new features took the most time of HoT's development, why aren't they adding new content now that those features are in place?" It's because that's how they are. They want a garden, they plant a few seeds, then decide they want to paint some fences and leave the seeds to fend for themselves for a couple of years.

Fractals came with controversy; the new ascended tier of gear. Exotics were too easy to obtain and they felt they needed an extra shiny carrot to keep their new GW2 audience hooked. As a result, people quit and GW1 fans flashed the GW2 manifesto video in ArenaNet's faces trying to stop them. Since then, Fractals of the Mist has not seen a single new fractal up until the recycled boss fractals from the living world dungeons and the Thaumanova Reactor. This was like 3 years later.

Fractals weren't always as profitable as dungeons. What turns people off is the AR gate, how out of place they feel with the world of GW2, and how short they are. Dungeons give you different paths to take and vary in length. There's lore and story attached to them, too.

Now you have people complaining they feel left out of story and content (raids). That's what dungeons were all about. People want "easy mode raids" and you know what that translates to? Dungeons. Easy-Intermediate difficulty instances that are not gated behind AR or LI.

>tfw will never run daily Arahs anymore with friends or even pugs due to the scarcity of people even bothering with said content

I'm actually feeling pretty sad about that now.

The first time i was dissapointed by anet was when they removed the Queensdale Champ Train.

The environment champion trains created between players was fantastic and it transitioned into the livingworld they would put out.

I have yet to experience that since HoT came out.

>join [Here]
>they help me level to 80
>they help me kill the world bosses
>they raid with me
>they teach me how to pvp
>they let me in their guild
>they take me to their gmissions

Why do we hate [Here] again?

Whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae the Spectre, or Roxtar for an invite

They ruined one of their most social game modes in one update! Was completely disappointing, baka.

nobody hates Here I don't think, they just dont post here or advertise here because their guild is just for their friends

like what the fuck are you talking about retard?

they posted this many times, just ignore it

also you are cute

faeeq you're never going to get vaes attention this way
be a cuck and stay cuck

You don't know shit
Go back to /bdog/

Honestly I think that'd be fine because I actually like UW combat.

The only thing wrong with it really is that most skills that wouldn't work without a surface to drop them on don't have an alternate skill for underwater (an example of this done right is engi - Turrets float in place, grenades snap to target, bombs float in place and explode, etc.) so a lot of classes lose entire skill categories.

Fix those, introduce more variety in UW weapons and everything's good, really.

They also struggle with the fact that dungeons weren't, and still aren't anywhere as tough as even the most babby of babby fractals. There's like, actual mechanics most of the time and encounters require you to sometimes do something other than stack+DPS.

Even as a raider, if the raid team is ~literally the only team~ that can do mechanics they should pull them off raids for a bit to go back and revamp all the dungeons so they're actually fun and engaging in this post-HoT powercreep.

Honestly I'd gladly give up "new map each episode" as a trend as well if it meant updated or new dungeons.

>anet cant ever balance WvW, i wouldnt know how to either
Use a different rating system other than Glicko to determine match ups.
Server merges.
Mechanics like the alpine borderland orb mechanic that was removed because hackers were fly hacking into enemy keeps/garrisons and stealing them.
Improved outmanned buff.
Rewards for winning skirmishes and overal match ups.
Supported GvG game mode so that it isn't infesting WvW.
Proper skill balance so that ghost thief #306 isn't spiking you with eight different conditions from stealth.

>anet has balanced PvP but then decides to ruin it with more balance and taking away rewards
I'm starting to think they make balance mistakes on purpose to keep things "fresh."

>anet gives casuals a good way to make gold then takes it away
I hope you're not talking about AB multiloot. A casual can still mine platinum at Mount Maelstrom all day and make bank in the long term. They did decrease the amount of gold rewarded from dungeons, however, probably just to make raid rewards look better.

>Caturday does have an impact on people visiting the general but so did other things going on during regular weekdays.
Of course, I did mention how ArenaNet's handling of the game is more at fault than Jugg's weekend spam. But it takes that extra effort to really disconnect people's interest in investing themselves into a general. I'm sure we'd have plenty to talk about if we weren't waiting for the next content drop. Oh boy, an hour of game discussion on how Lazarus is E!

do yurops have fun with friends?

thanks
you aren't trolling HOPE, you're trolling Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae the Spectre, and Roxtar

I don't get why, its not like they arent just telling people the correct people to whisper, or even ignoring them possibly, like what do you have against those charr

>The only thing wrong with it really is that most skills that wouldn't work without a surface to drop them on don't have an alternate skill for underwater (an example of this done right is engi - Turrets float in place, grenades snap to target, bombs float in place and explode, etc.) so a lot of classes lose entire skill categories.

In addition to that, for some reason some skills just do orders of magnitude less damage than they should.

you smell nice

thanks user

Sounds good. I'd play wvw if they had wvw tournaments and balanced teams.

You dont keep things fresh through balance. I wouldnt even think they cared about keeping it fresh knowing we've been playing the same maps and mode since release. They even removed the only different mode from the game as far as i know. Team death match if you remember.

Most of my casual friends chose to just leave the game rather than find other less fun ways of making gold. That's the problem, people would rather just leave at this point.

Yeah. We got multiple kinds of spam through weekdays too.

I hope the game gets better.

I've never seen so many mnorns in one place before, not even while creeping through Hoebrak back before RP mostly died off in the game.

how could you just leave TC? Where did you even go?

>Start playing WvW again
>Excited to see Rexxxie commanding and standing up to the Blackgate bullies
>No Rex of the Mists to be seen in the Mist War
>No Rexxxie to protect my femsura body

P L S

WTF? Rexxie is the worst now!

we as 17 people made 50 posts in the last hour and a half

that means our generals should last 22 hours and 30 minutes at the earliest with this pace

but what else could we talk about?

is anyone playing gw2 RIGHT NOW??

TC is a dead server.

I'm still alive in there!!!

Rexxxie help me

Mnorns are fun to play desu.

I took a vacation to SoS qt anons. Then anet decided to manually fuck with the servers and I'm back fighting the shit I hated from t1. At least I'm with my wvw buddies who I have really missed.

I'm actually hearing the opposite desu user.

Imma defend you qt user. Don't worry. TC is still my home server. I'm just on vacation to hang with my ol wvw buddies (even though we're all really bored fighting mag, we still have fun).

daddy you left me behind

It use to be the best, THE BEST!

Which update

It's just a wvw vacation qt user. I am still here and available in game coz of mega servers!

Is there even a way for ArenaNet to disappoint us with their efforts to revive WvW?

Anything would help at this point, anything..

reddit.com/user/ANET_McKenna
reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5svug8/the_head_of_the_snake_devs_here_ask_us_anything/

>From the WvW team – McKenna Berdrow
>he WvW team is currently working on Scoring Improvements Phase 2, which was determined in the last priority poll. This involves adding rewards to Skirmishes and improving the Skirmish UI. A goal for these scoring improvements is to give WvW players a reason to play and win WvW Skirmishes.
>Population and bandwagoning issues are something the WvW team is constantly discussing and working on. Currently there are plans to help discourage bandwagoning coming with Phase 2, but we aren't ready to announce details for everything in that system yet.

i'm still going to give you the futa cock when you least expect it

in gw2?

>Rexxxie tries to jump back into TC from SoS
>Anti-bandwagoning systems block him
>TC femsura fucktoys roaming about without a protector

I've got back-up plans if anet were fuck me over like that. My alt is on TC, for example.

>tfw someone let brazil into the gw2g guild

I wonder if he browses /gw2g/ or shrugged it off like a normie yea only normie boys use :^) in Veeky Forums now

he did when he first joined i'm sure of it

dead game
dead thread

I hope ur all havin a cute and comfy day/evening, anons.

>there are sections in the game that don't let you use a glider
>with absolutely no warning

>No consumable slots in GW2 to store nourishment and utility food items, combat consumables like the ogre pet whistle, and boosters
>No racial skill slot that's locked in raids, sPvP, and WvW (racial skills can still be used in WvW and raids, but on the utility skill bar instead)
>No tonic, gemstore toys, and general gizmo tabs in the wardrobe so that 4-6 bank tabs aren't cluttered with them
>No aura slots to stop the exotic celestial stat meme
>No GW1 district selection instead of the taxi UI game to hop between megaservers
>No build templates
>No musical note templates to replace the use of macros for newbs to play music with their musical instruments
>No polymock/miniature pet PvP chess when the arena and the asura gate to the arena has been at Rata Sum since launch

>no content

>tfw no femcharr wife

Do devs erp?

no, i asked them. They also dont go invisible and watch you erp either.

but i might have given them the idea

I've actually seen someone from the ArenaNet guild change their represented guild tag over to The Darknest Community and then back to the ArenaNet guild. This was back when Lion's Arch wasn't decimated by Scarlet Briar, though

I was just about to post this. I saw them at the mega tittiebot fight in lornars pass.

Would you erp with a dev, /gw2g/? All devs have personal accounts that are not attached to their work admin accounts. Your favorite ERP partner could be a developer for the game you're playing!

>erp with futanorn
>turns out to be teddy

How would you feel?

black mail teddy into telling me the names of the other devs' erp accounts
then go on the prowl to literally fuck arenanet

remember when dyes used to drop form enemies and plant nodes?

those were good times

>and plant nodes
never

remember when this game was kinda ok at first?

then 2013 happened

more like 2014

more like 2018

more like 2012

>Account hacked
>account recovered
>gems missing
>mention at the end of the last ticket
>start leveling a mesmer
>No response from Anet
>make a new ticket
>keep playing a few days
>mesmer 51 by now
>answer comes:
"We can restore your account for you to a time before the compromise.
Doing so will result in you loosing any gold, gems, progress you have made since the compromise.
If you are OK with this please let me know."

well fuck me sideways. What does one do in that situation?

how many gems

yeah restore the account that's a shitload of gems

That is A LOT of gems user.

Also how is the mesmer leveling? Mesmer is one of the hardest professions to level you know. Maybe you should use tomes of knowledge to level your mesmer while leveling something else. Might make this rollback easier to swallow for you...

if levels are the only significant thing you've gotten so far then you should just go for the gems

Dang. Looks like I've made a mistake. The original email HAD a response that my fucking email system seems to have swallowed. Boy feel I dumb now. I emailed them again, asking them if there is no other way because.. well surely they must have a way to just dump 3k gems on an account. honestly at this point I don't even care about the 215, I'd be happy if they just make it an even 3k and call it a day.
I do have some old screens to prove that I had them, (pic related) but I doubt they take "evidence" and surely have adequate ways of checking themselves.

Leveling Mesmer is fine mostly, only died to being dumb (running headfirst into group events and such) Since my account is since launch, I used a birthday level 40 scroll I had and purchased some gear from the WvW vendor and some Pirate theme weapons from the jumping puzzle in lions arch.

well, lots of little things you know. leveled a guardian with a friend (guardian was slow and boring though), gained a bunch of luck, got some decent random dyes, leveled the mesmer and did a few world bosses that actually dropped some upgrade for the mesmer but.. No nothing "amazing" happened, nothing worth losing out on the gems. It's just the fucking feeling of: "If I have to do the complete personal story and all this fucking map completion again, chance of dropping GW2 again comes to a critical high"
And I was just about to purchase the expansion, too.

>flame and frost
>old LA dungeon vendors
>old badge system
>non account-bound marks
this hits me right in the feels, i miss this version of the game

hope u get ur gems back

>Dungeon armor and weapon vendors all got amalgamated into one NPC selling everything
>Black Lion Weapons get their own giant magic jew maze in Lion's Arch
>When you can just double click black lion scraps/tickets to buy them from anywhere in the game

La femme charr . . . . . .

Ask someone who has barbed Oothier anything.