Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

You be my valor, I'll be your angle Edition

>What's new?

>Mystery Summit meeting in Paris, updates with content imminent
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20581816/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20581817/

>For Azeroth reactivated; get a WoW mount by playing Warcraft Assassins
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20532383/

> Two Heads Are Better Than One; get your free Cho'gall (if you haven't already)
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20602241/

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20626038/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20649608/
>Latest patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20581822/

>Hero Rankings, various Statistics, Talent Calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where do I find you Monstrosity Picking downies?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
youtube.com/watch?v=IsqaNeoLyck
samwisedidier.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NEW

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

Xth for I hope the next hero teased is cute.

or Kel'thuzad.

Mannaroth, Archimond, Tichondrius, Imperius, The Overmind, and Baal are literally the only heroes that are NEEDED in this game.

This list is perfect and anybody whining for Maiev or Garrosh is a weeb faggot.

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

E M B R A C E

>post yfw the next hero is Sargeras

I'm going to marry Auriel.
Also, mercy skin when??

Gazlowe can't do anything useful for his team aside from get slowing turrets. My point was more that the HotS team said they don't want builders overlapping, which is why Probius is such a shit builder and why Gazlowe can't have anything close to a competitive build. It really makes no sense since they should be entirely different kinds of builder while still being builders, and Torb would also be a different kind of builder, but they're afraid of having too many similar characters while their roster is still so small apparently.

They would make his basic attack the long range shot he has, basically Morale's AA. His W would buff it into the shotgun blast for higher damage but requires him to be in melee range. His Q would be building his turret, replaces existing turret. His E would be armor pack. His D would be that instead of mana he collects scrap from dead minions (2 each), dead heroes (5 each) and destroyed buildings (10 each), which would be used to upgrade turret, or repair Towers/Forts.

Though we'll get other overwatch heroes before that, no doubt.

Corki when

>but they're afraid of having too many similar characters while their roster is still so small apparently.

But it's apparently okay to rework one character so he's just like another, but better.

Can Uther be fixed just by changing numbers?
I honestly think his kit is pretty great and it has a bunch of useful and neat things, problem is that his cooldowns are too long, his mana pool too small and his attack too low, all of which are things that can be fixed without giving him a full rework.

>There will never be any guest characters

rip Stitches

OFFICIAL LITERALLY WHO LIST
Daily reminder that Blizzard deems these irrelevant nobodies more important than your favourite heroes that aren't in the game yet and maybe never will.

>Probius
>Lunara
>Morales
>Murky
>Brightwing
>Li Li
>ETC
>Gazlowe
>Falstad
>Hammer
>Sonya
>Stitches

Isn't that actually pretty likely?
I haven't paid attention to WoW in ages but apparently he is a big part of the latest expansion, so there's that.

I'm okay with all the heroes in this list being erased.

Peach when?
Bayonetta when?
2B when?
Big Boss when?

Falstad is an actual character though.

>No Captain Diomedes
>No Talos from Rising Thunder
>No characters from Dawngate

He sort of is, but he has no physical appearance. He's only been a fel flame speaking to Kil'jaeden. Meaning they aren't ready to actually use him yet, or else they'd go through the trouble of giving him at least a portion of a model to use and show us. So we won't be getting him in HotS until the day they decide to show him.

>he wants Brightwing gone from the game

It's OUCHIE TIME for you user.

Yeah he has like 1 quest and that's it?

Fuck OFF

Shh. Let him think he knows something.

Remember "Blizzard" feels like the already took "important" characters

If it weren't for red shirt guy giving him meme status, he would just be another OC hero based on gryphon riders

Why are my sickest samuro teleport plays completely by accident

There's no doubt it's a bullshit answer, but that's the one they put forward.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsqaNeoLyck
>Blizzard developers
>Blizzard """""lore"""""

To master the way of illusion, you must first let go of all thought.

Remove generic talents except cleanse and make him have actual builds

Relying on piano build is what makes him bad, so long as he has access to shit like Project Shield and Shrink Ray and Shit he will remain in the limbo of "but he has all these buttons and is good 0.0001% of games so we won't change him".

That feel when winning at life.

>Kael'thas' that mindlessly pick Convection

they are not worthy of wielding his power

>"Gaynor"
>Raynor goes ballistic

So, i was playing my favorite purple nigga hero, and got this peace of shit excuse for "healer". All his spells are overcosted and have long ass cooldowns. He really need change in numbers.

Watch your tone with him, boy.

What's the best Lucio build?

top everything

1) We Move Together/Accelerando
4) Any
7) Party Mix/Sonic Amplifier
10) Sound Barrier for heavy burst. Reverse otherwise
13) Any, situational
16) Rejuv/Heliotropics if necessary
20) Bonus Track

Yeah I know and it pisses me off. There is so much unused potential while we get shit characters. It's not that their not fun to play, some designs are amazing actually. But it still triggers my autism

>have 10k
>decide its time I get abathur
>proceed to win 6 games in a row

wew lads, why did you not tell me this fucker is so much fun?

>matchmaking

I wish Brightwing's master skin didn't have those horrid horns. Horns are not cute.

they said already he's being reworked right now

>wew qm

why is Alarak so satisfying to play, /hotsg/?

>yfw they put in Garrosh instead of Grom

Because his decrees are absolute.

Or so goes the Chain of Ascension.

More like RAK'SHIR

More like Carousel of Omnipotence

>The Overmind
Whaaaaaaaat does that mean? What gimmick would they implement to throw him into the game? Just make the player control all 5 heroes?

>>Probius
>le probe maymss
>>Lunara
>literal who but fun to play
>>Morales
>sc unit made into a hero I'm fine with this
>>Murky
>more meems
>>Brightwing
>this thing can fuck off
>>Li Li
>this too, blizz still pretends pandaria wasnt a disaster
>>ETC
>ETC ain't a literal who if you've played WoW
>>Gazlowe
>pretty sure everyone who's played WoW knows Gazlowe, weak fantasy though
>>Falstad
>wc unit made into a hero, one of the stronger fantasies IMO
>>Hammer
>see Morales
>>Sonya
>like all D3 classes made into heros
>>Stitches
>they had to have a pudge because it's an assfaggots

Oh what he is? Well anyway the fantasy of being a gryphon rider is pretty strong imo. Maybe that's just me though.

roughly 13 hours until info about next update

hold tight my boys

Pandaria WASN'T a disaster, though. It faired greatly compared to that shitstorm called WoD.

Great zones, great lore, great character development..

Much more than can be said than WoD.

>Gazlowe being a literal who

>Mayor of Ratchet, one of the most iconic hubs in WoW

Nah, mate. Too many memories and too much nostalgia in Ratchet for me. Alliance raids aplenty, motherfucker.

Does anyone follow HotS esports?

What team should I pick for the Heroes of the Dorm to get at least one win?

>built orgrimmar

Ratchet is small beans my boy, he was contracted by Thrall and that's how he got his name

How ya like my groove Daggoth?

>stitches
>literally who
Spotted the neo-WoW fag.

Why stitches and not Patchwerk

How did Uther go from Boss ass Paldin, to Knight of the eternal oom?

coin flip between ut and uc. either of them should roast whoever else makes the final.

I picked UT because they had more asians.

?!?!?!

OBVIOUSLY!

>play the most casual moba in existence
>pretend that you are a hardcore strategist by playing HL

get to fuck m8

>play inherently unfun and unbalanced mode by choice

Well Done

stitches is more famous
not many people raided naxx in vanilla

That just sounds like HL as well.

Every mode in the game is garbage, just play whatever is most fun to you, boys and girls.

>Li Li being hot garbage.
Everyone says WoW lore sucks at inconsistent levels. That's true but Li Li wasn't even written directly by Blizzard. They threw that job off onto actually competent third party contractors. Her purpose was to introduce WoW's fantasy to any new babies coming into the franchise because Kung Fu Banda expansion was coming. I guess you could call it shitty fanfiction at that point though it's worth noting that her character development was fluid as fug when it comes to fitting into the puzzle pieces that is WoW's setting. Does that mean she should get placed into HotS? She has as much of a spot that Chen has. Bliz needed a hero that appealed to a simpler audience grills and pedos with no mechanical understanding of how assfaggots work.
She:
>Became dudebros with King Magni Bronzebeard.
>Beacame dudebros with a keeper of a grove and made some bomb ass beer out of seeds he gave her.
>Stopped a fel orc bladmaster from working with a naga queen to ultimately help Y'Shaarj at the cost of getting her babysitter killed.
>Witnessed executions following an attempted uprising.
>Saved Ansirem Runeweaver's daughter from being raped by pirates.
>Was sensually healed by a cute night elf druid.
>Single handedly found Pandaria after being a neutral party in a corrupt confrontation against asshole Horde and Alliance captains.
>Dabbles in chink furry black alchemy magic for the fuck of it.

this wasn't me but
>inherently unfun
totally objective measure
>unbalanced
>balanced
>blizzard

>That's true but Li Li wasn't even written directly by Blizzard.

user... Samwise made Li Li in like the 90s. The went to Samwise a lot for early hero concepts in pretty much everything Warcraft, so it's natural his OC trash made it into the game.

Interesting.
That's why I come to this general, to read stufff just like this. Thanks user

They've already said Uther's getting a facelift soon at the very least (mentioned when they redid the armor system, I can find link if necessary). But I think you're right, unlike most unplayable heroes, all he needs is different cd's or improved healing. His talents are actually not bad imo and by that I mean anything but piano build is trash but piano build is "le fun"

PTR JUST HAD A SMALL UPDATE IS IT MAIEV

>vanilla
What about Wrath of the lich king

>"Remember, everyone: we know what's best for you; don't worry about calculating your rank."
>"We know your MMR so you don't have to!"
>Blizzard
>blizz
blizzard pls

>Didier became responsible for the creation of the pandaren, a race originally regarded by fans — and used by Blizzard — as a " April Fools joke", but still with legitimacy within the lore. He had originally created the race for his daughter soon after her birth.
Hold the fuckin phone. Do you have any sauce on specifically Li Li existing when he thought of Pandaren? I believe it but it would be interesting to see if he based her off his daughter. Especially because Neilson based her off his own daughter.
Don't you fucking lie to me.

my point stands
personally I was horde and had no clue who stitches was to begin with, but I didn't even know hogger either

Live also did a small update

IT"S HAPPENING

>early concepts

Samwise concepts nearly everything that goes into this game including most most skins.

That image was drawn by Samwise in 99. The big Panda is chen and the small panda is Li Li. Note the outfit.

Samwise has been drawing these pandas forever. It's his thing.

The RACE in WOW was originally a April Fools joke way back when, but even before that they were considered to be the Alliance race for the Alliance in TBC instead of Draenei, but was ditched early on in development because making Outland AND Pandaria was too much for the team at the time and didn't feel right.

That aside, Li Li and Chen have been in Samwise's drawing forever. Them making into the game considering how Samwise is the lead concept artist over at Blizzard only makes sense.

Does anyone want to do some TL with me? i just need 4 more games to complete my promos.

for NA of course

Neato. Good to know.

Go to bed, Sam.

samwisedidier.deviantart.com/

Here's more of his shit.

How do Jaina and Kael'thas compare?
Is either one of them inherently better than the other?

It will 100% be Maiev because of Sargeras tomorrow. Therefore yfw it's actually an OW character nobody wanted that they force into HotS anyway

Probius Cannon need :
+33% duration
+25% Range

>Nobody want Junkrat
Speak for yourself brah

In a 1v1, KT is obviously better.

In a teamfight, it depends but if it's one mage vs one mage, KT's team will probably have an advantage.

Jaina is safer and has more utility
Kaelthas has more burst and damage but is heavily reliant on good positioning and stacking, if you pick the quest at lvl one

honestly Kaelthas isn't very fun to play with Valeera in every game imo

take Jaina for burst+waveclear, or VP combo pls don't take for VP combo
take KT for burst+CC
Also Jaina+Aba is/can be busted
I prefer Jaina, and think she's better in current meta, but not by a lot (neither are great right now). As always, user, just play what you like and don't feed.

Li Li and Chen circa 2002

>implying Junkrat wouldn't be one of the best characters from OW to be in HotS
>implying his kit isn't theoretically super fun in a moba
>implying I don't want to spend hours in try mode spamming rip tire
Granted, his AA would be interesting, to say the least. I guess they could make splash AA part of his trait or something, along with death grenades.

Samuro circa 1997

\\If only Samuro actually looked this fucking rad in-game.

At least his paid skin looks fucking great. Not the Monkey King one, I hate that skin.

The main elements are there. Most of the dangley bits were removed for obvious reasons.

1999*