/ng/ - Nioh General

William-sama editioh

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Reforging guide
pastebin.com/7XbeFD3d

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/shinju/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello /ng/

What's the fastest way to farm gold? I've got the 1st 3 region of way of the strong unlocked.

Thanks in advance.

>What's the fastest way to farm gold?

>read the reforging guide in the OP. it has the gold farming guide included

i dunno why i greentexted the second line

>nioh generals are dead

why?

theres nothing more to discuss almost every answer is in the op and after beating the ng theres not much to do in ng+

How do you farm yasakani? Been repeating the quest with Ginchiyo at way of the strong and I've never gotten the drop.

ng+ the mission where you fight nobu+nigga it gives one

The gourd? I've quit that mission 2 times already. How do you beat that stage? Other lvl 155 mission is easier compared to this (aside from Oda and Yuki onna).

Ah, fuck, finally
I was scared there wouldn't be more Nioh generals in a while

So, I was trying out different loadouts, and it looks like the kusari sucks at breaking through guards (or maybe it's me that I suck with it), would it be a good idea to pair it with an axe then to cover that weakness?

And, a Ninjutsu related question, how do I use the tactical nuke (Mega horoku (?)-dama) effectively?

What's a good level to cap at?

I'm currently at 125, and while I would have personally wanted to stop at 99, as I've always stopped there in the Souls games, more skill points are too good to pass up

So how do you make NG+ not an autistic loot grind and actually fun again

Maybe respecing into different weapons?
I don't know, I'm avoiding my WotStrong play through because I don't want to get burnt off before the DLC

Let's say I use a book of reincarnation and start a mission and die twice, do i lose all my amrita?

Yes, it's regular Amrita at that point

Farm the 330 mission where you fight a bunch of Yokai and Tome's great grandad. Guranteed divine accessory every time. You also get like 300k and a decent amount of amrita

>read this guy's profile
>he was an actual guy too like everyone else
>his hanging devices played a part in the eventual creation of the crane
Derrick is way more interesting than I gave him credit for.

You could always level down anytime you want why bother stopping

Just beat The Dark Samurai for the first time. If he the easiest boss in the game or something?

youkai realm, redo missions with low level dudes with different weapons

so cleared whole game with 2kat.
now on NG+ experimenting with other weapons,
i noticed i am getting free weapons skills when i use different weapon.

How do they come?
Total damage from that weapon?
Or number of enemy killed
and what is the limit?

no,
you just get better
or luckily had build good against him..

i asked this on the previous thread but its archived before an answer:

I have 999 divine shards
and lots of gold.
and take down the Ng 100eyes
ready for 160+10 inventory.
wiki says back up save and forge until i get an item with a good seed.

So how will i know i rolled a good seed?
use all divine shards to the end and test them all?

>it looks like the kusari sucks at breaking through guards
I used Kusis my first playthrough and I recall high stance quick attacks dealing a lot of damage to stamina, but that was so long ago I might've always rolled with +break or whatever and I KNOW I always had that weapon skill buff active that made you do increased damage.

> how do I use the tactical nuke (Mega horoku (?)-dama) effectively?
Find an enemy you really don't want to fuck with, dodge an attack for an opening (try to get behind them if possible) and let it rip.

It will most likely set them on fire, so if you were to inflict another ailment like poison on them before you hit them with it you can set up easy chaos.

>spider spirit
>weapon with no element boost
>gives weapon paralyze ability
wow
just wow
does other guardians do that?!?

Daiba Washi or Spidey for farming Marubashi?

if you want to farm divines, go to fist area of the first mission and farm revenants, much faster and you will be getting better equipment.

for your question: spidey

>want to make a Gyokuto build,
>has no interest in Kusarigama, Shiruken, Kuni, Bombs or caltrops
>sucker for dual swords
halp...

I need some new fashion. Post yer Williams.

Best element to put on my sozasa monji? Already have water on my atagi sadamune. Rolled max earth but I've heard earth is shit.

Patronage point shop when?

When I get to re-roll my accessory stats.

If I'm lucky enough to roll 25% guard ki reduction, is it smart to take advantage of the lack of conflicts to throw another mid guard ki reduction 25% on there? I'd probably have to get rid of final blow+, but I have a backup sword that does better final blow damage anyways

I don't think I posted this here before.

WORST
ITEM
FORGE
SYSTEM
EVER

not to mention lack of decent guide,

who would invest so much time and effort on this much randomness.

you can say then dont, but game assumes I have already abused the system and equipped with inline material and throws really hard challenges.

I am seriously considering buying that save editor.

dont tell me to check OPs reforging guide it is good but just barely giving basic info everybody already knows.

>lack of decent guide
What are you even having a hard time figuring out? It's not like this shit is complicated enough to necessitate much of a guide.

>Veteran Armor

I'd completely forgotten about this, I've been looking for a new set for my axe-wielder and this'll be perfect

What's an OP lvling build? Any good Katana and kusarigama builds?

I am Hozoin Inei. Bumping threads is a minor hobby of mine

>40 posts in 9 hours
Let it die already.

>weekday
>Murrica is asleep
>yurop is at work
>the neets post in e-celeb and twitter drama threads

You know how this goes

das3 dlc

In the Status page, one of the tabs, called Additional Stats has a section at the bottom where it shows your proficency with each weapon, from 0 to 999,999

Increasing this values is what gives you extra points, pretty much whenever the bars below the numbers fill up. However, it ends fairly early, about halfway through at about 450k~500k
It's still enough to get you about 10 extra points per weapon, however

A good Guardian spirit for axe users? I've been using Narikama for now, but Kato and Kara-Jishi look promising for swapping survivability for damage.

Does anyone know when does the Book of Reincarnation's price cap?

Atlas Bear. Unless you're spin2win then Kato

Use glory instead of cash

post webms of the new content

Checking for requirements, I've seen that Tatenashi and Karakawa have the highest requirements at 17/17 each, If they were to be forged, would the requirements drop down to 8/8 or 9/9?
Also, who drops the Smithing Texts?

Even then the price will eventually reach unreasonable levels, if slower

dont have access to my game at the moment, but i'm rocking:
bellflower kabuto, obsidian armor, WotE gloves, swordmaster pants, and tatenashi boots

Guess I'll just refashion and transform into Yasuke then

700k gold

>Tatenashi
Oda Nobunaga in the new mission i think.
>Karakawa
Reward for final mission in DLC.

Oh, I thought it would get way worse than that. Thank you

I see, Tatenashi comes from Nobunaga at the Gourd, but which is the final mission?

Whats the best way of farming amrita now?

DKR is still the best, suzaku builds were only mildly inconvenienced by the nerfs and trivialize the entire process.

personally I prefer ghosts of sawayama--takes about 2 minutes (for my build, at least), stockpiles lots of spirit stones as a side-effect, and still shits amrita.

Any good iai draw builds?

1kat or 2kat?

master swordsman has a 30% bonus to sign of the cross for dualswords, but i'm not sure if theres an equivalent for regular katanas.

but really, pretty much any skill damage/CCA/back attack build is fine.

I'm thinking of doing a meme hino-enma-helmet-paralysis-iai-in the back-build.

1kat atm. I'm just new to Nioh so I don't know what you mean by simple skill, cca, and back attack.

Currently at lvl 39, with iai draw, and ki focusing skills such as flux, ki pulses and living water.

some user said there is a way to get infinite patronage points

whats the method?

if you were in the beta, the sanada set you get (via a boon at the shrine) is great, otherwise kingo's armor (you get the text from the consipirators mission in the second zone, do all the sub missions to unlock it iirc) or warrior of the west (pretty much every revenant in the first zone is wearing it) is a fine catchall.

running a spirit like kara-jishi or kato gives a large bonus to attack as well as other useful side effects, provided your spirit stat is high enough

skill/cca/back attack refers to "skill damage" (a weapon mod that is also present on the kato spirit and a few armor sets), "cca" (close combat attack, another weapon mod and armor set bonus,present on quite a few sets), and "damage from behind" (another weapon/armor set mod, present on the kingo set and the aya-komori spirit). "final blow damage" is another good offensive mod to get on weapons or from the kingo/sanada armor sets.

some are mutually exclusive (you cant have both skill damage and close combat damage on teh same weapon, for exampel), but you can mix-and-match them pretty nicely.

also, look out for weapons with "Change-To-Attack (heart)", which is a massive damage boost for katanas (you'll find lots of jatana revenants with CTA (heart) nami-oyogi kanemitsu swords, which can save a lot of headache going forward)

also note that passive skills from other weapon types apply to every weapon, making the kusarigama passives for final blow and attacks from behind VERY valuable, for example.

the only exception that i know of are ones that list a specific weapon (such as the axe passive that increases damage to yokai)

oddly, the spear passives for "thrusting attacks" also affect final blows (when you groundstab someone who's been knocked down).

This is pretty helpful. Thanks! I'll drop by and will ask for more questions.

Are Unlimited Ammo +x% and Retrieve Stray Projectiles mutually exclusive?

does kusa serpent strike/black vine into mad spinner glitch work still?

>Tried and tried and tried to get CTA Strength for my axe
>CTA Heart 1kats on almost every revenant

just ask around on reddit.com/r/shinju/ takes like five minutes, tops.

or just get a mononobe axe, since they get that natively. (sure hope you dont need kaido in taht case tho)

>somehow lost my 160+10 perfect rolled Ogress Mask
Shit.

I liked the lightning Kaido had because it made it easy to use with talismans and Kato and inflict discord, so preferably Kaido because with Yasakani I get the bonus to rumbling earth, but I'm not reliant on it.
I have literally never used Reddit before

go to the link, on the right side click "submit text", then have a title of something like "LF: CTA (strength) kaido axe"

might be worth specifying whether you'd prefer CTA as an inheritable or not, and leave your PSN name in the subject field. after a few minutes, you'll probably get a message from someone, who'll say where they're dropping the revenant (some even enclose screenshots).

find the grave (give it a few minutes it can take 5-10 for it to show up for you), farm the revenant (you can close application and re-enter nioh to get around the 5-minute hard respawn timer), send a thankyou when you get it and go on your merry way.

may also wanna specify if you're in NG or NG+ looking.

I'm surprised nobodies done a hino-enma kabuto build. Surely the max damage you could do would be wearing that.

How many people actually have that, though?

>only if enemy is paralyzed
you have like 2.5 seconds before the status effect goes off and only one hit cause after one hit the s.e is over so its really useless

Kunais or Shurikens?

problem is you've got nothing bonuswise until you get that paralysis application, and then you get those bonuses for one hit

Does the guy from Zen and Sword drop the Yagyu set text?

Kunarikens.

yes.