/bbg/- Bloodborne General

This thread woke up >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/846530/antlers-bandage-big_breasts-black_fur-bloodborne-b
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Doll loves you, user. Do you love her?

Can someone recommend me animes / series / films that would hit the same "niche" as Bloodborne?

Can you refrain from posting that garbage in the OP?

predestination

Kafka Inaka Isha has the setting, creepy and oppressive atmosphere, ambiguous dialogue and themes of illness and supernatural.
It doesn't have the action though.

>it doesn't have the action
Honestly, that's okay. If there was going to be an anime of Bloodborne, I'd like for it to focus less on the action and more on the behind the scenes politics.

Oh, my sides have ascended. I backstepped and clipped off the elevator.

Rest In Peace Segalt.

If this game was an Xbox one exclusive it would have got shunned by the Haters

The only way it wouldn't have gotten shunned by anyone is if it was available for all consoles and PC.

Will be waiting by the fog gate segalt

>*And PC

IMO it should come to PC, it's done its job as an exclusive

thats hard to pin down since bloodborne is half Dracula and half Lovecraft
you can see bloodborne got some of it inspiration from movies like brotherhood of the wolf and the 2004 van helsing. they focus on the 1800's horror elements.
as for the lovecraft elements you can read lovecraft and the film adaptions of his works.

That's not in From's hands as much as it is Sony's.

It won't

I bet Sony is working on a port.

It's alot of money on the table

>get the church pick
>wtf is this meme
>becomes a boom scythe in tricked form

im sorry for ever doubting you pick. whats the best gems to get for this weapon cause im about to make a new character just for it.

How many Japan Studio games have been ported on a non-Playstation platform?

I have a feeling this one will come to PC

>whats the best gems
Skill build = thrust gems
Str build = heavy abyssals
Arc build = fire, bolt or arcane gems

Fight's over bud.
I'm stuck

You know what it's time for.
Might have to die, user.

>Why DaS3 music sounds so bad compared to BB?

Because 99% of DS3's soundtrack was cacophonous orchestra and wailing chorus, no discernible or particular difference between various themes. They were going for the 'epic battle' feeling and got it to the detriment of sounding like those weird generic epic music channels on YouTube. There were a few okay pieces here and there, High Lord Wolnir's theme in particular stands out to me because of its atmosphere and reliance on the deep, male vocals and sweeping, lurching orchestration befitting a colossal magic skeleton. It sounded spooky and it sounded BIG, like Wolnir himself. Compare it to stuff like Pinwheel's theme from DS1 which was a creepy soundscape of whispers and minimal orchestration, or Ornstein and Smough's theme, which has a clear, discernible tune.

Bloodborne's soundtrack, on the other hand, contains variations and specific tunes to each boss. For the most part, they have a distinct piece of music, written to reflect the theme and design of the boss very clearly. Gascoigne's theme is a thundering, relentless track which befits a hunter on the bloody hunt, Bloodstarved Beast's theme is manic befitting the chaotic nature of the boss' appearance and movements, Mergo's Wet Nurse simply plays a lullaby to calm the child it protects, Ludwig's themes change from a slightly manic, melancholic string-dominated piece til halfway through it becomes a grand, operatic swell for when Ludwig regains his mind and nobility, and finally, the Living Failure's theme builds from the beginning into a glorious climax at the cosmic meteor reveal and continues on through the fight. Then there's stuff like 'Hail the Nightmare', an incredibly unsettling and religiously-overtoned chanting (great example of diagetic music if you're ever looking for one) and 'Soothing Hymn' for the Orphanage in Upper Cathedral Ward.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust has some good shit

Tldr

BB uses real instruments for 90% of its track

Ds3 is 99% synth

Sony does not give as much shit about individual game sales as much they do about console sales. For Bamco the game sales were everything and the pc ports of DS1 and 3 were still really halfassed and DS2 port was the only good one. That might be just From's technical incompetence in general tho' because the games run like ass on every platform.

And if Sony cared, they would rerelease Demon's Souls on the PS4 because right now the only non-retarded way to play it is through an incomplete emulator.

I would like to see Bloodborne on the pc, if only for the fact that it would mean a platform we could always play it on because you just know that those Sony poopheads won't port it to the PS5 and instead will peddle that piece of shit PSNow. But it will probably just not happen.

Well, got a little cocky there. My bad

They haven't done it with any other particularly outstanding exclusive titles after their heydays, so I can't really imagine them changing their course now.
I'm in two minds about a port. On the one hand, I feel like after people on PC play it, they wouldn't constantly be making half-baked insults about it and could actually join it alongside us. The datamining groups might also find items of great interest. On the other hand, the case of them picking it apart and some certain people wanting a port simply to furiously masturbate over having access to it on PC wouldn't be good in the slightest. By the same token, some people here (guess who I'm referring to) would probably have a nervous breakdown if the port saw the light of day.
In reality, whatever system you're on now is probably within the family of whatever you got for your birthday when you were a kid, and I could have sworn we left console wars in the dust years ago.
It also helps that it isn't saturated with music. In some other games, you couldn't turn the corner without the song changing. They decided to sacrifice quantity for quality, a gamble which almost always works.

The only reason why PS3 games aren't compatible with PS4 is that they completely changed the console architecture since the previous one made it harder to develop games for the platform. It's more likely that future Playstations will have backward compatibility.

>talking about whether BB will remain an exclusive
its like I stepped into a time machine

Demon's Souls also has a fucking great soundtrack.

>One who Craves Souls
>Old One
>King Allant
>Maiden Astraea
>Demon's Souls

>They decided to sacrifice quantity for quality
It's not a sacrifice, it's a delibeate design choice.

It just feels like it's coming this time

>future Playstations
If they leave out the disk drive = no buy. Would be a hard sell anyway.

Meh, ID buy a SKU with no disk drive for 50 bux less

>50 bucks less
You realize that buying second hand games makes having a disk drive a much more lucrative purchase in the long run?

The reason why pc has cheap digital games is due to the amount of competition even for Steam. With all-digital distribution for a console Sony controls literally all of it and there are no competitors.

I only buy consoles for exclusives

I keep them forever

Yes, well, I trust physical copies more than digital.

ACCURSED BEAST

>trust

I've had BB on my ssd since launch

No you read my post you little gobshite

:^)

Alright Segalt and Vanechka, it's getting late here so I have to take my leave before Laurence. However, it was fun. Thanks for dropping by anons. I will continue this tomorrow if you guys want to join again.

Cheers, and thanks for having me, user. I'll try catch you tomorrow for Laurence.

Cheers Joseph, it was fun. I appreciate your dedication to keeping your fists bare on your ARC run. Fits well.

Sauce?

>e621.net/post/show/846530/antlers-bandage-big_breasts-black_fur-bloodborne-b

>die to Memestial Memenary twice
Is there greater shame?

I'll fookin shank ye son meet me out back of the pub

Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?

It's actually less forgivable if it's the chalice variation

>this will be the next cover image for the general

We can always ignore it and make a decent one.

yiff in hell, not in here

NICE

At what level will the bell maidens start to appear when you ring for co-op?

>pony or some say poni

I'm back, just beat him on the first attempt after dinner. Now I'm refusing the vileblood oath and waiting for alfred to do his thing to finish his questline for the logarius wheel.

my (you)s stop here
you will attain no more you vile fiend
begone

is there a way to check the sliders on your character?
I like the face of my first character but didn't know about the save character function on my first playthrough. I haven't been able to make a non-hideous character since and would like to just re-use my first.

Don't you dare defile this sacred place

STR wheel I hope

just report instead of responding

Nope

>Tfw wageslaving and school
>haven't played bb in months
I even missed the gondola group photo. A-atleast I'm no longer a neet.

>tfw collect disability for "anxiety"
>tfw spare time for ages

Fuck you man I want free xanax and neetbux

>tfw the college pays the rent and utilities for you
>get extra money for every new class I take
It's fucking great

youre back!

>I even missed the gondola group photo
Not at all, in fact I really want to upgrade it.
If you missed it the first time please post your character and their name, I'll include them later.

I'm always here.
I'll do the winter lantern next.

thank you for doing the lineup it turned out amazing!

im mad hitler the first

SHIT I'M LATE

PURGE FILTH

Baking takes so much time

You're OC has been genuinely heartwarming, user, /bbg/ is comfy as fuck

No character shots on hand, and it wouldn't feel right if I sent one while I'm not even active. Yeah autismo maximus I know.

Whatcha baking, user?

It's a strawberry cheesecake. The sauce looked like pulped up Annalise and it made me smile.

I love your stuff man, thanks for giving more chances to get onto it.
Maeven Eklund

I'm a retard and forgot to attach the image.

Nigga you best be putting a picture of the finished product up or I swear I'll put a curse on you making YOU a Vilecuck!

Fatty fat fat fat

Dr. Acula

It's still setting user, it has to refrigerate overnight!

I'll post tomorrow, but don't expect much. I've never made this before, it'll look super simple.

somewhat, after tricked two times I did 933 damage in 2 light attack hits on some scrubs in cathedral ward heading for the radiance rune. I kind of put off the wheel in my first playthrough because of the sluggishness, but man does it hit hard at the cost of some health.

Took off my cuckhurst mask just for you, bby
Drako

wow I am the epitome of retardation
no wonder I'm so good at videogames :^)
:^(

give me your /fa tips, what pants go well with the black church garb (fem) ?

>the last Dark Souls 3 DLC is even worse than Ashes

I wonder what Miyazaki is doing right now.

>Cainhurst helmet
>Church garb

Heretical from both angles. Please purge/sudoku yourself, I don't even know what the fuck your affiliation would be.

Looks at yosps Twitter feed in feb

>on the plus side Ludwig's vo is getting work

silver lining user

Choir, possibly Wine Hakama. Doesn't feel like there's much past that, maybe because of the way Black Church Female is designed.

But gascoigne left the church. So it doesn't count, technically. What would it be called if I wrapped a threaded cane around my neck?

Making Bloodborne 2

i tought so, i was using the constable pants and it made her look ultra gay, guess i should try the hakama