Suburban general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qJBtqAM85zg
youtube.com/watch?v=yCMqcFAigRg
youtube.com/watch?v=k5DbZWFtKuw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTwxHUtkMhw
youtube.com/watch?v=x8ylTm55W3U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whats the biggest tires I can run on stock 05 suburban with 17 inch rims? Also mud or all terrains if I have to DD the vehicle.

>suburban master race

Nah dude

Niceposters master race

Is this a scene from a live action attack on titan?

A/T's m8, unless you love road noise and replacing tires often

don't listen to he's a fag

boggers on errything

What's with all modern trucks having 20 inch wheels? I saw a Silverado with a z71 offroad trim today with 20 inch wheels and I thought how that would deal hitting a rock.

>there are still people that think traction control, badges, AWD, and muh modern engineering are viable replacements for oversize tires, wheel travel, low range, and lockers in for general 4x4ing

Really, this is something so minor it should not even be considered an obstacle, and it was beyond what a new Jeep can do in a controlled and repeatable manner.

If your truck is 2WD you must give this post a (you)

I've hit many rocks, it deals just fine

@17228767
>tfw your truck is 4x4
I can give you a bump but I can't give you a (you)

TAKE YOUR (YOU) AND HECK OFF

I love this meme ebery tiem.

Bhomst thinks this?

You should downsize, user. Next chance you get, anyway.

>Impulse buy a 2WD truck
>I'll just save money on gas and buy a winch, I mostly just run basic dirt and sand trails at high speeds anyways
>15MPG anyway since I bought a 4.3 S10 rather than the Ford ranger Sport 3.0 I intended on purchasing

I fucked up didn't I? Maybe I'll change my mind after I get a 3in spindle/shackle lift, 31x10.5x15 KO2's, and a ZR2 rear axle.

Makes me laugh thinking I could right now buy 3 tanks and start a small PMC.

Why the ever living hell would you consider a 3.0 Ranger? It gets similar gas mileage to Taynger's 4.0 and like 25% less power.
This is with her driving insane amounts of km. With the 4.3, at least you get that torque and potential for a 4x4 transfer case addition.
Also, you can always resell it for monies.

Hey. I'll be dropping by Peterborough (and so Boundary) on Saturday and Monday. Hop on Discord.

Does Tay ever use a trip? He's my homo lover and I want to keep tabs on him.

Hello Friends

bruh wtf. is this box guy

anyway, no because it's nice to sometimes give information as an user without people knowing it's a reg. by either posting about or in reference to my vehicles.

no, just an admirer of yours. I missed your posting recently

Helloh

My experience with my brothers unmodified 2007 FX4 Level II automatic with the towing package which goes though gas slightly quicker than my S10 is what made me want the 3.0. Now I realize that 15MPG isn't that bad. Song related youtube.com/watch?v=qJBtqAM85zg

This truck is in better condition than every single S10 I've seen on Kijiji so while I'm sure I could sell it for more than the 4K I payed for it, being able to turn every bolt without fear and not having to deal with shitloads of rust like my old Impala is nice. I'm also gonna wait until I can afford a mint double cab ZR2 S10. I'll be at Mosport all weekend and I'm gonna be working on spraying rubber undercoating in my driveway for the next little bit and cleaning up some other rust so I won't be putting mud on her for a bit.

>tfw night wheeling with buddies 1990 6.2 diesel 4X4 3/4ton burb

>it's nice to sometimes give information as an user without people knowing it's a reg.
I'm glad it's working.

Here's a song related to you, too
youtube.com/watch?v=yCMqcFAigRg

I'll sell Taynger to you.

Wait a fucking second. I know that van.

It's not hard to keep up with Veeky Forums oldfags. Especially when you see them on the streets occasionally and post in all of the related threads to anything remotely /out/ related.

Guy's name is Brandon. I've known him for a few years but we really only started hanging out again a few weeks ago. Pic is from last summer. The guy actually runs that van down all the trails around there. I know he doesn't go on Veeky Forums, but like the majority of the people I know you would immediately assume that they do.

rock crawling is stupid.

I have two WJs as well. but I like my truck.

>but like the majority of the people I know you would immediately assume that they do
This was me through university until I got a car and took camping more seriously. Have way too many friends who browsed b Pol and r9k and decided to give Veeky Forums a try. Then didn't fit in with the Jeep crowd because insane bush parties and weed started to get old.

What's over that hill on Boundary anyway, bad?

Oh ya bad.

17" boggers are only in 35x12.5 right?
It would be cheaper to downsize the wheels and do a cheapo key/spacer lift and get 33/12.5/15 boggers.

Aluminium is strong, small sidewalls and lazyboys who don't air down aren't.

>Then didn't fit in with the Jeep crowd because insane bush parties and weed started to get old.

>Not starting insane bush parties with your /b/, /pol/, and /r9k/ friends where weed gets out of hand

It's fucking weird bringing a weab girl that doesn't go outside ever out and watching her have a fucking blast shooting an air pistol innawoods.

My friends were actually chased out of the pits by the DRPS heli-cocksucker two days in a row last week. I warned them before it happened on the second day but they just didn't listen because lolfuckoff.

>airpistol

Tell me why I kinda want a ZJ Limited

gutless v8?

>giving an inexperienced shut-in a real weapon

I had a super clean '98 ZJ TSI in high school. got 11mpg and drove like a moving van but I loved it. I bought it from an old lady for 2000 and I think I sold it for 6500.

I only got my PAL paperwork back from the class yesterday man gimmie a minute.

we all had to start somewhere, most do with real guns

I lied it wasn't a TSI. my sister had a TSI. that I drove a lot more. mine was a 5.9 Limited with the weird vents on the hood.

Also this, since I knew she would almost immediately point the thing at me and herself lmao.
Bought the gun, a Daisy Powerline 415 when I was 17 and didn't know anyone with guns.
>tfw hippie parents and older brother didn't bother getting a PAL since the bullshit of 1994 when he had guns but sold them until well, I think I've actually beaten him by sending my paperwork in before him even though he did the course a couple years ago.

345 ft/lb tho

>suburban master race edition

does this count? Also, that burb is fucking sick. What is your rear tire carrier set-up? I've been meaning to add that to my rear bumper, but its tough cause I have the upward opening hatch as opposed to the rear barn-doors.

Posted the Jewlux here a few weeks ago, went for a run up to the hills and shot a deer, bit of snow starting to fall already.

how are those LED's senpai?

>also, gas yourself

Yeh poor cunts needed a snorkel.

9" and 370w, they have excellent output, huge beam. I ran them for 3hrs straight with almost zero voltage drop.

Anyone have any experience with these bad boys? Got a 2 gal can + pic related mount and I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to the wall of my truck bed and have it be sturdy enough

Ghee says my Indian friend.
Stupid cunt.

Say whatnow?

I see what you guys meant by making sure to remove the filler plug first, as its fucking impossible to get any leverage on the breaker bar when you're on the floor, under the truck and lying at an angle. My Ryobi impact once again proves itself to be a damned good investment

Protip: give the plugs a good whack with a heavy flat hammer first and use a hex (impact driver) socket with a long handle for leverage.
If you dont have a long handle use a piece of hollow pipe.

Also your mom is gay.

Damn right she is, what a fag

It came out right away with the impact, no trouble. Cleaned the seating area, used some fresh oil to lube the thread of the bolts and looks good so far

The rear does seem less noisy now, and there was a very faint rattle when I went WOT in 1st, which is now completely gone

Would it be a bad idea to buy a 4wd (think landcruiser/pathfinder) for a first car?
I've never been off-roading, let alone driven a car bigger than a Camry, but im oddly drawn to those big 4wds

For reference, something i've been eyeing;
www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/scarborough/cars-vans-utes//1146252537

Well, what do you plan on using it for?

as a DD, and to learn to go off-road in/possibly camping as well

As long as you feel the need for it. You'll come to dislike it if you don't really have need for a 4x4, as they drink fuel, have a shit turning radius, more road noise, less forgiving suspension, more expensive tires and so on

Fuck off.

s-sorry user

muddin is for rednecks

If you're not going to offroad it, you will be absolutely obliterating gas. Especially with British MPG relative to other cars.
Apparently 25MPG is "bad" there whilst stock Land Cruisers get like 18MPG.

>got a pretty good deal on a new 2 me Suburban
>it's AWD
Like I ever actually used 4WD in previous vehicles anyway. Still has a selector button for 4LO though. See how this stuff works out.

Real niggas go sand jumping (and camping)

Big Red has a new friend. Gonna be a good day.

Benzfag

Where do you buy parts?
Been looking around summit racing, but feel like im getting jewed by not shopping around

this

Depends what parts you're looking for but Summit sucks as a whole. Overpriced, Jewish shipping policy, back orders for weeks... Check wheelers, ORW, 4-wheel parts, and so-cal trucks.

If I'm upgrading something I'll look at Off-Road Warehouse, Low-Range Offroad, Wheeler's Offroad, or I'll check the manufacturer's website if it's armor, shocks, etc.

For replacement/oem parts, I'll use RockAuto or any of those online parts houses

youtube.com/watch?v=k5DbZWFtKuw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTwxHUtkMhw
youtube.com/watch?v=x8ylTm55W3U

holy shit
crownon is actually a pretty good lookin dood
>that fuckin heap actually runs.....sorta

>does this count?
of course it does, miniburb.

>What is your rear tire carrier set-up?
Not him but I've got one on mine that was made locally. It's floppy as shit and a pain to use with the barn doors in the location he used for hinge. I ended up moving my spare to the roof basket for now, and I'll probably beef this one up a little bit and sell it. Might make my own or I might adapt an ARB to make a rear winch bumper and improve departure angle.

Don't cheap out on materials and don't trust anyone's work that you have not seen in person.

Damsun

screws

Downforce is real.

>tfw only cunt at work without a snorkel on my Landcruiser

Are they really that necessary if you aren't crossing rivers on the daily?

Agreed

>Brought a 4x4 Pickup
>Bring it innawoods
>Jump it
?????
>4X4 no longer works

Does this count as 2wd?

Check the actuator to make sure it's working.

They're a 100% poser accessory.

Why in God's name would the idiot put the tire hinge there?

How's your 6.5 swap coming along? Specifically the DB2 conversion...

My DS4 is starting to die and my plans for a DB2 have ramped up dramatically.

>Why in God's name would the idiot put the tire hinge there?
Because he's a fucking retard. I drew up a 3D model of what I wanted for him, the finished product doesn't look anything like it.
He claimed it was so it wouldn't block the tail light, but now it blocks the door. I don't know why he didn't just make it a few inches shorter. I gave him all the measurements for everything including bolt pattern for the wheel and frame shape, dimensions, and bumper bolt locations. Yet he still made the backing plate for the spare and the frame mount plates too small and used too thin a gauge of steel for pretty much everything.

>Specifically the DB2 conversion...
Well the 6.5 I bought was already DB2. I need to buy 96+ accessory brackets for it and find the right TCM. Local scrapyard is parting HMMWVs so hopefully they'll sell a TCM separately.

I'm starting to get some of the parts cleaned up and painted. Haven't really bought much for it lately other than a Glowshift tripple pod pillar and gauges.
I got the engine on a stand and tore it down a little bit more but no major progress.

Rusted cylinder walls obviously didn't seize it because it still turns over by hand fairly easily. I coated everything in oil to keep it from getting any worse. I'm considering boring it out to a 6.6 and buying the lower compression pistons...

Its not all about river crossings.
Engines love clean and cool air, snorkels give you cleaner and cooler air than a standard intake.
My aifilter gets nowhere near as dirty after installing a snorkel.
Also the day you want it for a river crossing you will be glad, I avoid them in general but rivers can rise ya know.
At the very least install diff breathers yourself, cheap and easy.

What year is this xj

Woof

kys

Oh boy oh boy woweeeeeee

this
totally fucking pointless for 99.9999% of people who off-road

No

yes