Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Landshark Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/KryptonCaptain/Misc-Files/blob/master/resource packs/K-TC5forTC4pack_v1.zip
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/laugicality?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=263320
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/literal-ascension
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this was supposed to be a factory

Anyway, I think I've just beaten Forever Stranded.

And again, this is how expensive this thing normally is.

Also an update on my progress. I managed to build a shelter between the ruined city and my home base. I've also acquired the smeltery from said city.

And I've learned that this thing is mandatory to get if you want something that gens cobble.

...if you had...

haha dude get it its like that one eminem song that everyone memes about it goes "knees weak arms heavy mom's spaghetti" its like a reference to that get it?

DUDE GET IT ITS A REFERENCE ITS FUNNY

>added essentia particles back in for TT enchanter
ONE LINE

Where do you get the sauce?

>a factory
>made of wood

STOP BLOGGING AND POSTING IMAGES OF COMMON SHIT EVERY FIVE MINUTES WE ARE REACHING IMAGE LIMIT SO FAST

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's beetroot soup.

wtf I hate TCon now

"supposed" being the operative word.

Suck a dick, hyperfaggot. Not like we're using those image slots for anything else AND he's keeping the thread bumped.

its cool when its relevant or interesting like the spaghetti, but posting updates on progress seems redundant, you also might as well want low effort shitposters in here as it keeps the thread bumped right?

Anyway, this is a really large ruined city, which is covered with spawners of all kinds of mobs, in and outside the buildings. There's also a several smelteries, as well as chests that may contain loot worth grabbing, if you're willing to take the risk.

this is cool, post more of this instead

>Modern cities
Why is everyone that makes content for minecraft so bad at architectural design
The game is literally about building and not even the actual developers of the game can make an aesthetically pleasing structure to save their lives

>forked TT soon
Fucking neat.

Also it's very ill-advised to stay in the city at night, as there are so many hiddenly placed spawners around the city, and some of them spawn creepers and ghasts.

What mod adds those structures or was it made for the modpack?
Thank Corbusier for that.

I like Iskall.

Back in the day it was all about John and Genny. Genny quit MC and B-team though, at least John is doing modded again.

I also like his vanilla series.

>FTB Beyond Expert is going to be even more fucking grindy than IE:E was
Oh fucking boy

Etho's pretty great, too. Doesn't really get too excited about anything, but manages to make everything comfy.

>tear half the mod apart just because autism before I could even start
Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it.
Everything about TT is a fucking mess - and I don't just mean poorly code.
Most mods/tc addons register blocks/items together in a single separate class, and research/recipes in either one or two separate classes. Nope, in TT, those are all handled within the block or item class itself - which means that recipes/research/registry are scattered all over the fucking place. There isn't just one or two registry locations, there are a hundred.
Like, what the fuck were you doing back then vazkii? You do it normally NOW. And why did noone fix that after the handoff?

I just want KAMI to be in its own tab

>And why did noone fix that after the handoff?
Were you really expecting anything out of two furries?
Who added that infused fire shit immediately after they got the mod?
Just before one of them left TT to work on a shitty Botania clone?

Alrighty, slowly learning how to mix Traincraft and Railcraft. All I know is that making RC signaling needs going through some workarounds, but I'm surprised that TrC tracks and RC tracks work together aside from a little "turbulence" while going from RC to TrC tracks. I might end up using RC tracks for very long straights and diagonals and TrC tracks for the slopes, curves and large junctions.

He's kinda hyperactive as fuck, but I like how his enthusiasm for the game seems genuine enough.

fucking how? when is this releasing? hoping some user goes through it so we can meme on it

don't most people disable kami anyway?
good luck, and i'm pretty sure you'll have to work on some wand focus upgrades

I leave it turned on just so I can have something to burn essentia on in late game.

It does indeed play Darude's Sandstorm during a sandstorm.

Other than making quite a mess, sandstorms don't really harm you or anything.

God, that base looks nice. I'm still trying to get tech up so I can make use of those solar panels.

Again, I HIGHLY recommend getting this as soon as you can.

Then Ex Compressum EVERYTHING.

Commies, not even once.

Time to do this one, but I don't want to google a tower layout someone built five years ago in Vanilla.

How do you separate mobs again? Use a villager to attract Zombies, a snow golem to aggro Skeletons and make them move away, a 1-high opening to collect Spiders, water and a Vinculotus to collect Endermen.... but what do you do for Witches?

Witches are the only Overworld mob that doesn't burn to death.

The fire would probably be less of a meme if it didn't fucking chunkload itself

>don't most people disable kami anyway?
I'm not sure we actually have a metric for those who use/disable kami here. It's a point of discussion, but I'd actually consider it reasonably balanced. What's gated behind kami probably needs a review though
>good luck, and i'm pretty sure you'll have to work on some wand focus upgrades
Yep. Right after I finish the next TDyes update, unfuck Magia Naturalis and do all the other things on my list.

>github.com/KryptonCaptain/Misc-Files/blob/master/resource packs/K-TC5forTC4pack_v1.zip
Res pack for this is here. Bunch of other random mc shit in that git directory too for those inclined to look

i usually keep kami on but never play long enough to get to it

>TCon smelting is god-tier
>TCon weapon making is barely a step above mods that have special snowflake reskinned crafting tables
Why does nobody like blacksmithing?
Why can't I bang on glowing-hot metal with a hammer until I make a weapon out of it?

Minefantasy2 or TFC

TFC sucks, and minefantasy 2 only has it to have busywork, giving the crafting some more clicks before you finish instead of making it an engaging process
Also too much UI

Did you manage to craft the super spaghetti?
also memes memes memes

I still need to get the other animals. The only ones I got are rabbits, but those spawn rarely anyway.

Whats a replacement for direwolf20

In what sense? like the guy on youtube? maybe don't watch people play videogames.

Protip: Don't wear this thing unless you're going out traveling, it is a power hog. Only the thirst quencher is the more useful one to wear all the time.

I watch him when im in bed getting comfy or eating dinner alone ;_;

I watch TheOnlyBentley. Some people find him annoying, but I think he's cool.

r8 settlement

keep in mind block hardness is *8, planks require the ye gamol saw method and torches both burn out and heat up the place too much

Damn you quark for making this fucking mob. Nearly gave me a heart attack again.

I mean, cool, but why would you do that to yourself?

To those who don't know what this mob does, is that it is invisible until it gets close to you. And I think it can go through walls, I'm not sure.

realism and a challenge

>invisible until it gets close to you. And I think it can go through walls
Isn't quark supposed to be a "shit that could be in vanilla" mod?

criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge

Why are autism walls so comfy to use?

A quest requires this thing.

You mean that being unable to rest until everything in a wall is atutasmically organized by groups and types is fucking comfy?

Defense is hard.

Well said.

>he doesn't have a charged creeper on display in his base

what's your excuse?

>defense is hard
>in a desert biome
nigga just plant a cactus wall

That doesn't stop leaping wild dogs, or raiders NPCs who use cobble to get over it.

Also flying drones.

Lazyfag here, what pack is this? I've got nothing but time to burn.

Forever Stranded

Looks like a newer version of Crash Landing. Please tell me it's not on Curse.

It's on Curse.

Mom's Spaghetti

Just use CMPDL. After all, it's the closest thing Slowpoke said we would get to a Linux version of the Curs--I mean Twitch client.

Fuck.

>small modmaker makes mod for 1.7.10
>one person saying something about the mod
>three complaining that they made it for 1.7.10
why are 1.10.2 fags so salty?

What's the name of that texture pack?

Because they can't grasp the concept that 1.7 still remains the best version. On the other hand, there are also people who ask for 1.7 backports of mods, or at least fixes.
The solution is simple, just call everyone a fagget

Also, which mod?

Its a bottom barrel mod, I just like to browse the sub 1000 downloads mods for fun
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/laugicality?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=263320

Does anyone play W10 Edition and have no audio when joining someone else's world?

>w10 edition
ayy

No one plays vanilla, so no.

>Does anyone play W10 Edition

I take one goddamn break and this happens.

>former Trainserb Etherpad

Mobol screenshot because i just got off work.

>inb4 old news

JSTR Universal

Why the fuck can't retards just take it fucking easy?
Why would you fuck with a /mcg/ serb anyways?

You can just msconfig it to not startup at startup

are the curse downloaders broken? you know you don't have to use their virus launcher to play their packs, right?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

can't we have more people here play it and thank the modder (or give him constructive criticism)?
that'll make the 1.10 fags salty and look like cunts

what did they mean by this

I don't like autism walls.

IT WAS A MEME MOM'S SPAGHETTI GET IT

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/literal-ascension

Something like this for 1.7.10?
Would fit well with my hardcore pack.