/fhg/ For Honor general

Can't wait till the stream tomorrow! edition

The thread prior to this thread: NEW: First balance patch is now LIVE! Patch notes here:
>pastebin.com/sxwT5yhn (embed) (embed)

>Leaked Centurion / Ninja Image
imgur.com/a/r8jXO

>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK (embed) (embed)

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

1st for warden is a balanced class and you need to git gud

What would her Pokemon team be?

GIVE ME THE PLUMES

GIVE THEM TO ME

Okay

How would you flesh out the lore of For Honor?

Its there but bare bones as fuck

>it's another incoming 400-post bitchfit about Warden
Apparently he's my new main now, what is so broken about him?

Remove Apollyon since she's retarded.
>"lol I got you guys to kill me after I fucked with you, you're such evil wolves, you live to fight!"
>Knights and Samurai about to make peace
>ViKANGZ run in and ruin it like retards
>Knights and Samurai just start fighting for some reason

Honestly? He has the best combo's in the game. When you go on a roll with him and 100-0 your enemy in one smooth chain, it's fucking awesome.

No other hero can smoothly pack damage together as well as he can. The other combo classes, Nobushi and 'Zerker, are super susceptible to parrying. Warden's bash lets him get around that.

Shoulder is easily spammable and has no real punishment. Some characters are too slow to interrupt him from starting it.
Oh he can also feint the shoulder to bait you into attacking, which he can parry and then start the vortex unchallenged
>Inb4 he has to feint purely as a prediction
There's literally one thing you can do to stop him from shouldering you, why the fuck would he not predict it?

lewds when

The reason the top 5 are so good is because they have mixups that lead to too much or are too easy to pull off, and because in general they have a ridiculous move or gimmick.
>Peacekeeper has basically unpunishable AoE and insane mobility
>Warlord has armored heavies, full block shenanigans, headbutt pressure, and strange timing
>Conqueror is nearly safe on everything he does
>Warden has insane mixup potential, incredible reach, great damage off of guard breaks, and great pressure
>Shugouki has one hit of armor, lifesteal off of a guard break near a wall, some of the most ridiculous soft feint setups, 50/50 sprint/guardbreak mixup, and headbutt to completely fuck your stamina

knights and samurai started fighting because they werent sure if one or the other had betrayed the other side and allied with the vikangz

People just roll away when they see the shoulder coming, I can't seem to get much real use out of it.

Oh, are we getting the Warden shitfits started early? Okay.

If hes predicting you to light his shoulder every time, just don't attack into it. He feints the charge, you go back to neutral. Wow its fucking magic.

>b-but then he can just complete the charge
Then dodge, or light him my man. You can't act like Warden has perfect predictions every single time. If he does, its because you're transparent as fuck and he's reading you like a book.

If you eat a shoulder, it is literally your fault.

>do skimish
>4 valk on their team
>man this is unfun but I just let it be cause I just want to finish order
>game crash right before it end

AvP: For Honor

What this user said.
Only logical explanation.

People roll because it's the only 100% safe option to escape from the shoulder. It costs half your stamina, but it's better than being trapped in a guessing game bullshit where you can't actually punish Warden by guessing right.
No other character has the kit Warden has, that's why it's overpowered as shit. Certain characters aren't fast enough to stop him with a light, and even if you guess correctly and dodge he can block instantly.

Do you honestly think it's 100% fair that Warden has an insane mix up he can feint, that has literally no downside, when other characters don't have their own safe mix up that they cannot be punished for?

WOLVES

Never

More emphasis in fantasy and deadliest warrior

Valk has the same mixups & closers, how is warden any better?

Clearly, there's more of the world to explore than just that with the game shows off. The entire world is not just Ashveld, Valkenheim and the Myre. There has to be more out there.

You can react to Valks and parry them, punishing her for it. It's not a guessing game. Granted she is pretty fast, but I've still managed to block and parry her when she tries getting into her sweep mix up.
Valk can be punished, Warden cannot.

Scrap Apollyon. Either make her non-canon, or make her story so far in the past it is irrelevant.

Get rid of the constant war thing. Instead of each faction being at ends with the other two all the time, have them have tried treaties and alliances and shit in the past that have ended up going south. You could write a whole history about the thousand year war.

Make factions more interesting by adding subfactions. This is done to an extent, what with the Warborn and the different legions, but it's not nearly relevant enough. Have different factions have different viewpoints: some are for peace, others are war-crazed lunatics, and theres that group of Knights that is sorta okay with the Vikings but FUCKING HATES Japs.

Add interfaction dynamics between these subfactions. Possibly have some subfactions have special relationships with specific enemy subfactions, either rivalries or cease fires or what not.

Just a bunch of shit like this. Anecdotal stories where some faction members have a human moment and realize the people their fighting aren't literal boogeymen. So stories that are the opposite. Flesh out the factions into being more than just banners, make them actual groups of people.

Iunno, that's my 5 cents.

>If hes predicting you to light his shoulder every time
You dont have to predict, you can cancel shoulder windup from neutral in the moment you see light attack indicator.

So if they can 100% escape it, why is it broken? Explain like i'm retarded, I basically am.

too much work to have a realistic and developed story, sorry

tune in next game for apollyon 2: the wolfening

t. never actually plays Warden

Rolling away costs half your stamina, and the shoulder costs almost no stamina. So they can do it again, and you can only roll away twice before you're exhausted

Stop letting them start the shoulder, they literally can't do it out of neutral. This isn't a turn based game, you don't have to stand there and politely watch your enemy do their thing.

lul

They really need to slow down PKs lights. I can handle pretty much any other character, but she's too fucking fast for me to accurately block every attack, let alone parry. I only win against them if they're retards trying to land heavies

They can cancel the shoulder to counter your attempt to counter them. Do you honestly think I stand there waiting for it to hit me? I try everything to stop them, but they can literally counter my counter.
It is not balanced, stop pretending it is

Why the ACTUAL fuck does her second light come out faster than the first one.

"hurr because daggers are lighter and shorter"

Fuck off, it's a video game. If you want to use weapon types to justify attack speed, literally everyone would be attacking too fast for the average gamer to react to.

Stop being predictable then, that's exactly the playstyle Warden is designed to counter. There's no time dilation at work here, the Warden has a tiny of a time window to react to shit as you do.
You being bad doesn't make it imbalanced, stop pretending it does.

>Try throwing out lights in literally random directions to stop them
>He cancels and blocks/parries all of them
>LOL YOU'RE JUST PREDICTABLE
When Warden gets nerfed I'll look forward to your tears

>"lol Conqueror isn't good dude, he only has like two attacks. You have to be good to play him"

But user, everyone who picks Warden becomes perfect at the game and never makes mistakes and can always react to any move anybody makes no matter how small the window. How can you blame him? Now Warlord? That's a fair and balanced class become he's slow.

>"Lol Warden isn't overpowered, just roll away lmao, you have to be skilled with him to spam vortex"

>play Lawbringer
>feel limited
>stop playing
>play warden
>feel bored
>repeat

>Lol Warden is an instantwin God dude, he can block and parry every attack I make as a built-in feature and he also has the fastest attacks in the game and does the most damage and has the highest health pool and moves the quickest."

At high level of play - yes, you really have to.
You can shitstomp newbies with heavy->bash, but with decent opponent you need to be very patient and good at turtling, because your initiation with 1 guaranteed light attack is easily avoidable unlike shounder or headbutt, and if you fuck up just a couple of blocks you are dead, because you dont have much of aggression to respond with. Conq is strong as fuck, but doesnt nearly OP or broken.

>Still pretending Warden is balanced
This is just sad

Raise to hyperbole is a garbage argumentative tactic and just makes you look uninformed or biased.

Just add like six or seven hero general characters per side and make it Dynasty Warriors.

I have never played a single good Warden. They're all garbage, literally all of them. They'll either turtle hardcore or do random AoE's and top lights. I can just sit there blocking left and parrying high all game and body them, but then they immediately just start with shoulder gimmicks. I'm forced to roll back and give up ground and stamina to them because they can just spam a single move and not get punished. Somebody told me to watch this guy Forza, who is apparently the best Warden player in the world, and it looked exactly how I played Warden for the 10 hours I used him, just a little better and against more retarded people.

*teleports behind you*

The lewds will be back. They will always be back.

More information on the heroes.

I want them to go 40k into this make heroes be like these godlike beings who when they appear on the battlefield they can change the tide of battle

More legions,warbands, clans

DLC should give us subfactions

Ninja would be well a ninja clan

Centurion is part of some Not Rome "Praetorian Legion"

Highlander is for the Valkenhiems norths

Literally git gud kid

Highlander? I havent played the single player yet and dont keep updated on for honor news.

>Warden main trying Orochi
>People keep leaving two rounds into duels

I just want to fight people man

Warden is not Op. If you removed warden then the turtle Meta would reign supreme. Because he's one of the, if not -the- only character that can force an offensive play out of the opponent.

Warden's kit is actually healthy for the game and you're just a salty fucking bitch if you don't realize this.

Turtle meta already reigns supreme.

Warden is utterly broken and you need to fucking GET OVER IT.

*ATTENTION XBROS*
There is now an /fhg/ club on xbox
If you would like to join either look up:
For Honor General Official
OR
add metalkid267 and i will invite you to the club

3 for 3 now. All 3 duels, the guy has left on me.

Twice after I killed them once
Once on round 3, score 2 to 1 in favor of me.

I don't have people quit on me when I play Warden. What is this shit?

>Turtle meta is awful guys
>I know, let's have ONE character who can have insane mix up combos to get past that meta
>Isn't that making him blatantly overpowered compared to the rest of the characters?
>Pls don't call my main overpowered
Warlord can headbutt for a single light stab. That's not the same as Wardens mix up

Wait, people are unironically defending warden?

Good lord... maybe if you shits quit fucking huffing your own cum fumes after prostate masturbating from vortexing people in duels, you'd realize how shitfuckstrong warden is.

>just got bullied to death by shugokis
>open with a knockdown tackle
>into a second tackle
>[unblockables and baseball intensifies]
>get stuck on a corner by a ledge, keep getting wall splated
>they have to actively walk away so i can get unstuck on the wall
>so flustered at this point i can't even for the rest of the match
>type in "hello 1-800-help-now i'm being bullied by fat guys"
>one of the replies "that's not a hotline
>"it's a fatline"

Just stop trying to reason with them user. They'd rather have make Warden a worse Orochi so that Warlord, Conqueror, and Peacekeeper can have literally no threats in high-level play. Come back to the general after a few of them get made and maybe the shitters will have gotten tired and left by then.

Do people really still believe 'leaks' are a thing?

ahh, good times

What can warden confirm after he parries a long range character.

Zone. Top light. Heavies if you parried a light.

Why do Warden mains always try to deflect with
>B-BUT THESE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE ALSO BROKEN!
Yes there are multiple broken characters and they all need a nerf, warden included

Is it just me or lately there are less PK around?
for some reason I feel like all I meet are Valk,Warden and then Warlord

>my lb, 2 other lb and a valk against 2 peacekeepers, a zerker and warden on skirmish
>stunlock them into oblivion
Feels good man

I wouldn't scrap the autistic mustache twirling waifu in armor, what I would do is make Apollyon a shell for a malevolent being. Because a fucked up demonic, diabolic, deific entity is just about the only thing I can think of that would be as ridiculous as she was in motive.

I'm definitely running into less of them on xbone, but they're still fucking insufferable
>Light attacks too fast for me to block all of them
>Smart ones don't even risk the dash attack anymore because it's the only thing I can accurately parry
>They all use the feat to make attacks fuel the revenge bar
>By the time I manage to turn things around they pop revenge
>They always shit talk as if playing rb spam the character is impressive
And I say this as a former PK main

>Fucking around on warlord because stupid no vanguard orders and similar
>Not even rep 1
>Some rep 8 LB in dominion starts sperging out at me after he gets dunked in some water early on
>Continues to whine the whole match when I headbutt stun him until his revenge shit runs out multiple times
>Tell him I sure hope he doesn't "spam" his push and everything as much as he whines about me headbutting when it's smart to
>Suddenly excuses come out and it's completely fine when he flips someone forever

lol, hypocrites are hilarious in this game

>Fighting a dude
>After he loses a round he starts turtling hard
>Gets pissy when I start doing it back to him

Like what the fuck do you want me to do man? I'm the bad guy?

The Centurion and Ninja seem legit but this one I feel isn't.

>it's been more than a month
>revenge gear still somehow not nerfed

What if shove knocked down AND wallsplated?

I started Warlord because I needed a viking main, and my fucking god he's a god send. I love playing elimination, but almost always get paired with absolute retards who die right away. Warlords throw allows me to carry an entire team.
>Playing elimination
>Beat my guy and execute
>It's now 1v3
>Grab a shield and lead all three of them to a ledge
>Ledge them one by one
They ALWAYS follow me, I mean at some point you think they'd realize "hey, better not follow the guy with a mile long throw to a ledge", but they never do

You are fake news

>it's been more than a month
>Peacekeeper buffed twice
>also getting buffed tomorrow
WHY

theyre working on it user, Christ. They said they are

Why would they nerf something they intentionally made broken? Did you see those ridiculous credits? What was that, at least thirty playtesters and not one said a peep about what they would instantly find to be really stupid?

For the gear to be nerfed, the concept of revenge in the game would need to be changed itself. If Ubisoft wants For Honor to be a fighting game, Revenge should function more like a supermove not a exploitable persistent state of bullshit.

I just want law's glowy bullshit to be uninterruptible from something so paltry as a light. What's the point of ostentatious glowing moves if you can just poke them out?

Wait they're getting another buff? What is it?
They've already said they're working on it. But I'm convinced play testers today are huge kiss asses who are afraid to say when something is broken/sucks. Instead they happily say everything is good and hope to get hired again

>Revenge is a super
I would be completely fine with this.

Here's a better version made by an user here

for a MONTH?
give me a fucking break. it's a five minute fix.

It'd be nice if he also didn't sound like a fucking old fart to the enemy. I WANT them to hear me chanting their doom in Latin

i forgot to save it last time thanks.

Sorry, i didn't realize you were a video game developer, what games have you made?

That would make Lawbringer insane in 4v4. He would become the new cancer.

>Meta is all about Warlord and Conq and massive turtle fests.
>Most fights are rock-paper scissors feint edition 1v1.
>Warden is one of the few classes actually able to open people up.
>"Wow warden is OP"

>better
arguable

>Enemy FemRaider sounds legit retarded

>"Oh I'm sorry, what public office positions have you held? I don't think you get a say in this issue because you obviously haven't had experience in politics."

I wish Law had something as satisfying as crushing counter.

I've been involved in about 5% of the AAA titles published in the last six years.

Tweaking Revenge is exactly as difficult as changing a handful of numbers on a fucking spreadsheet. There is ZERO reason for this to have dragged on.

He does, Blinding Justice is so satisfying to pull off.

did you just insult god emperor trump?

>All heavies have superior block
>Instead of parrying, they crushing counter into AD MORTEMs
>Off of every fucking parry

>Irondad267
END THIS MEME