Thinking of swapping an ls1 into my '09 gtr

Thinking of swapping an ls1 into my '09 gtr
Should i do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aUpocU1ZWkI
xcessivemanufacturing.com/index.php/nissan/by-engine/sr/transmission/nissan-drivetrain-chassis-engine-sr-n-sr-gm-ta.html
ebay.com/bhp/chevy-5-3-engine
youtube.com/watch?v=7ntifAHrqyk
youtube.com/watch?v=TBy6Uwu5V5M
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/6117802986.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do it. The LS is smaller and capable of way the fuck more power for less money. Plus more reliable than that dohc boat anchor.

now it has power

he's right you know
the 2jz is a wonderful engine whose smile must be protected but once you start adding power, things go bad

but the gtr doesnt have a 2jz in it, you retard

>2jz
>GTR
uh?

that is a lot more sexy than that v6

Do it
It's the best engine ever made

And look at all the room it frees up. Why people insist on using heavy, massive, pigfat, dohc V6's is beyond me.

>guaranteed replies

At least the GTR will have power now

spending 90k on a car just to swap it.

buy a corvette.

somebody actually did that? what a shame... not a corvette or gtr guy, btw.

Yeah, remove the all wheel drive and shove an engine in there that can't make as much power as a vr38dett without a super massive overhaul (over 800whp on stock internals for the vr38, ls1 blows up at 400hp)

a turbo 5.3 in a gee tee arr would be supreme

Why are Nissan fans like you the worst sort of autists? People have swaped perfectly fine, superior Chevy drivetrains into Nissans since the days of the 240Z and all guys like you do is bitch about it

>gutting awd and using a pigfat ohv engine makes the car better
Retard pony fag

>ls1 blows up at 400hp
No.
But why use an LS1 at all?
It's a pretty shit version of the LS, LS7 would be more like it.

>Ls7
Drops valves at stock power levels of 500hp
Cant make any power with fi unless you tear it apart

When will ls fags realize swaps are just a waste of time and are of zero benefit

LS isn't a waste of time, you can pick up a 300 dollar 4.8/5.3 and slap a 200 dollar turbo on it and instantly be making 500hp, upgrade the cam and valve springs for another 400 dollars and you'll be in the 600hp range.
All for pennies, which is exactly why the LS swap has become such a craze.
For under a grand you can have 600hp, it's impossible to beat that value.

yeah, do it

It's crazy how small the engine looks in there, really makes you realize how pigfat the GTR is.
It's truly a massive car.

This

An LS isn't that much bigger than a K20

still 4wd ?

This whole thread is pathetic desu

turbo ls7 would kick ass in a gtr

>200 turbo

>Forgets piping, intercooler, blow off valve, wastegate, headers, aswel as new injectors and a new fuel pump

Lel the furfag

>implying you even need to use an intercooler
Wastegate is 50 bucks, BOV is 50 bucks, headers were 150 but you could always just use flipped stock headers like most people do, they work great and are free.

Give me ur old motor

>muh pigfat iron block truck motor
Even more pointless for a swap unless it's a musclecuck build

All that work and time and money to have worse performance
Truly a waste of time

Worse performance than what?
A 90HP I4?
I don't think so.

So a turbo kit isnt 200

And you forgor injectors, fuel pump and at leats a piggyback

Classic, the furfaggot keeps embarassing himself

Let's not ven talk about the cost of installing it

An iron block LS still weighs less than the 3.8TT, Look it up. The LS also makes more hp/lb.

Decapped stock truck injectors flow around 75lbs, plenty for this application
youtube.com/watch?v=aUpocU1ZWkI
You keep embarassing yourself actually kek

did you iron or aluminum block? I can't find any LS aluminum blocks for cheap

>I am going to use subpar injectors just because I want to shitpost on the internet

Let me guess, you are going to use stock headgaskets and piston rings right? If its so cheap how come you don't have a 1000 hp LS???

It's iron block 5.3
Stock head gaskets and rings, yes.
I will have a solid 550-600hp soon lol, I need to weld my steering shaft to clear these headers though, I could pay somebody to do it but I'd rather just put that money towards a tig welder and be able to do anything I need in the future.
You should watch that sloppy mechanics channel, lots of good info and videos on 4.8/5.3 swaps and how to do them on a budget and get good results.

>Worse performance than what?
a vr38dett

>huur muh na pushshit v8 weighs less than a twin turbo v6
>who cares if it makes half the power

Enjoy your ring and headgasket failure

Please post about it here when it fails so we can make fun of you for being an idiot who didn't build a turbo engine properly just for the sake of shitposting in the internet

turbo 5.3 on stock hg and rings isn't anything lol, go on ls1tech, watch sloppy, watch justinsane, do some research instead of just spouting shit you read on Veeky Forums

Every 5.3 build at mini um changes rings, gaskets, injectors, fuelpump, headbolts, oil pump, piggyback, valvespings and sometimes main bearings, or else they explode

You are full of shit

What the fuck is a mini um
You don't have to do any of that stuff to make it work, in some cases the engine might be fucked up and that would be a good refesher for a tired engine, but in most cases none of that is Buying a new 5.3 and tossing it in is literally cheaper and faster than replacing all that shit, which is part of the beauty of the whole thing, it's so insanely cheap that it's irresistible.

At minimum

>You don't need all that to make it work
Of course not, Imalso can dump a 600 nitro shot into one and make it work

That doesnt mean it will work reliably

>which is part of the beauty of the whole thing, it's so insanely cheap that it's irresistible.
I already proved how your numbers were wrong, why do you keep shitposting?

>reliable 2000hp+ vr38 just needs some better turbos, measly +300cc stroker kit, and street fuel (e85)
>'reliable' 2000hp+ lshit needs custom made 9.3l billet block , two custom made basketball turbos AND race fuel
huur duur muh v8shit

oh, and that 2000hp lshit build costs the same as a used GTR
LMAO

It will work reliably lol, watch sloppy, watch justinsane, read ls1tech, people have been doing this shit for literally 10 years now, there are thoroghly established budget builds that are proven to work and be reliable.
None of this is new, it's all been done and it's all been proven.
I don't give a fuck about a GTR motor or any of that shit, but it's an amazing swap for shitboxes like old BMWs, old mustangs, volvo, mercedes, etc etc

>It will work reliably

No it won't

>Watch Lstech
You mean the build threads where they change all of what I listed?

You're a fucking idiot

I said read not watch
Sure there are lots of threads where they change all or some of what you listed, but there are just as many threads where they do none of that and it works out great.
There are entire youtube channels (the ones I listed) where they change none of that and make solid reliable daily driver cars.

Why?

>And it works out great
No it doesnt, a 5.3 making above 500 with stock piston ring will fail due to ring failure

This is a fact

Wrong, but I'll say that even if you were right, 500hp for pennies is still fucking amazing lol

A k20 or an SR20 can make 500 with the same amount of money and they are lighter than a pigfat iron small block, hell even an ecotec would if you want to fangirl GM

>A k20 or an SR20 can make 500 with the same amount of money
No.
Just no.
That's not even mentioning the ECU, stock LS ECU has been used in 8 second cars, it's an excellent ECU for tunability, for the k motor you'd have to use hondata which is expensive as fuck, also transmissions, you can get a 4L80e for 100 bucks that will be strong as fuck and work great, good luck with your honda trans at 500hp.

Why not something more interesting instead of a generic "500 bucks and an afternoon"?

How about "M73B54 turbo GT-R", "13B Corvette" and lastly "nailhead Volvo"?

>No
Lol yes

>Hondata
Megasquirt is cheap, and SR20 ecus are also dirt cheap

>Trans
Lol notice how the furfag moves the goalposts
You can mate a powerglide or a 4L80 to an SR with a mere 200 dollar adaptor plate

honestly at this point i want to see someone swap a v-twin into a corvette

>hondata kpro
>$695
>expensive as fuck

Or a big ass diesel, like a cummins or some shit.
The Cumstang had the right idea.

>megasquirt on a k motor
You've obviously done no research into this
>4l80 behind an SR20
Lmfao the trans will literally weigh as much as the engine.
Got a link to this adapter?

The LS is already making 500hp before having to spend the 700 dollars lol, that's the whole point here, the engine is dirt ass cheap for killer power levels.

On topic of swaps, I have a spare BMW M60B30 V8 engine in my garage that i need to fin use for. Been thanking about buying a Supra chassis or something like that and dropping the V8 in it

Im pretty sure you can run megasquirt on non-vtec engines. I don't know lots about honda engines tbqhwyf, but I do know that computer tuning is not hard or expensive on SR engines

>Weight
An SR + 4l80 or a powerflide is still lighter than an iron small block with a 4l80 or a powerglide

xcessivemanufacturing.com/index.php/nissan/by-engine/sr/transmission/nissan-drivetrain-chassis-engine-sr-n-sr-gm-ta.html

Sure as long as you get a rwd SR you have no issues with the trans, but the best SR engines came in transverse applications, you can just get a rwd SR trans and call it a day

>An SR + 4l80 or a powerflide is still lighter than an iron small block with a 4l80 or a powerglide
And will still cost more to make the same power as the 5.3, good job
Is the stock SR20 intake good to 500hp?
The 5.3 one is.
Is the stock SR20 exhaust good to 500hP?
The 5.3 headers are.
Is the stock SR20 ecu good to 500hp?
The 5.3 one is.
It literally cannot be beat for a budget power build, hence why LS swaps are so rampant right now.
The prevelance of the swap tells you this.

Also, stock SR20 head at 500hp?
I don't think so.
Stock SR20 cam good at 500hp?
Nope again.
5.3 yes to both.

>The LS is already making 500
>Before spending 700 dollars
L E L @ the furfag
a 5.3 iron block makes 280, which is what an SR20VET makes, the only 500 LS engine is the LS7, and those are like 20k

Stop being fucking stupid

I never said 500 stock...
We're talking turbo'd (200 dollar turbo kek)
What I was saying is that the stock LS ECU is good, you don't even need to spend that 700 dollars to reach 500hp, the stock computer does well.

Shut up you stupid uneducated weaboo and educate yourself.

:D is that for real?

Still looks like a miata

>And will still cost more to make the same power as the 5.3, good job
lol no, the SR20VET is already making the same power as an iron 5.3

>Is the stock SR20 intake good to 500hp?
no, but a intake is less than 400 dollars

>Is the stock SR20 exhaust good to 500hP?
you still need to farbicate lots and lots of piping for a single turbo LS, so this is irrelevant, as an exahust mainfold for a new turbo is 200 dollars

>Is the stock SR20 ecu good to 500hp?
again, that is irrelevant, because you still need to tune it, a standalone from aem or megasquirt isn't expensive

>Also, stock SR20 head at 500hp?
yup,you just need new valvesrpings, which you also need on a 500 hp or you will drop a valve

>Stock SR20 cam good at 500hp?
yes actually, SR20VET cams flow good enough

>we are talking about turbo
and a turbo build is not 200 dollar kek, with 200 dollars you won't be making 500 hp in an iron 5.3, stop being stupid

>furfaggot drops his trip to defend himself
lel

>everything that costs money is irrelevant
Wew, nice try with this reply but it looks like you got thoroughly BTFO'd here
>and a turbo build is not 200 dollar kek, with 200 dollars you won't be making 500 hp in an iron 5.3, stop being stupid
The fact you're saying this shows you've done zero research, the dna racing 200 dollar GT45 glove is the go-to turbo for 5.3 boosting and has a proven history of working well with these motors.
You'd know this if you did 5 minutes of research into common turbo 5.3 setups.

>GT45 glove
GT45 clone*

Just polished my GT45 up, gonna look good on the volvo

>furfaggot claims that he can make 500 hp out of a 5.3 vortec with just 200 dollars
>thinking anyone but him is BTFO

>The fact you're saying this shows you've done zero research
the fact that you still belive a turbo is all you need to achieve 500 hp shows that you are fucking stupid

I already described what you'll need to achieve 500 hp reliably on a 5.3, and it0's more then 200 dollars

>the fact that you still belive a turbo is all you need to achieve 500
already explained everything else to you

the cumvette has been done at least once

yoou guys are still thinking too weeb

make it an NA and bore it out to a 5.7 and stroke

can easily get 500hp with tune and bolt ons on a 120 over

maybe the difficult part would be keeping that thing having a neato weight ratio after putting a built 4l80 and some sort of transfer case

see

>already explained everything else to you
so where does the $200 turbo go? swap the alternator out with it?

also, the camero intake looks homosex even if its better, throw a procomp spacer in a truck one and you got yourself a panty dropper

>iron 5.3
>making 250 extra hp with just .4 liters of extra displacement

HOLY KEK

GM FANGIRLS ARE **LITERALLY** THIS DELUSIONAL

KEK

Not true though, no matter how badly you want it to be.
There's countless videos on 5.3 boosting on youtube right now, like I said it's been done for the past 10 years and it's been thoroughly refined and tried and tested.
Shit, an SR20 alone is about 1200 dollars for a japanese imported one, 5.3 is 300, already ahead there.
If you think it's cheaper to get 500hp out of an SR20 than a 5.3 you're absolutely delusional, but I already know you're not educated on the subject because you didn't even know about the GT45 clones, that's entry level shit right there.

>facts are wrong because they hurt my delusions
see
>on 5.3 boosting on youtube right now
see
you need ots and lots of new parts and pieces to be able to make 500 reliably, unless you plan to run it twice a year

i got 431 out of mine that way

Getting bigger CC engine with sturdy internals is a way to go, like they say there is no replacement for displacement.

And it's often more cost effective since bigger CC engine often lasts longer as it's not stressed as smaller I4 units. Also it could be hard to find cheap transmission but that's not an issue with LS.

You can get LS, M104.996, 2JZGTE/2JZ-GE non-VVTI and get over 500whp on bone stock internals.

also
>300
wrong, the cheapest 5.3 on ebay right now is 1200
ebay.com/bhp/chevy-5-3-engine

sure you did champ

the internals are not the problem, the gaskets, rings, valvespings, bvearings are

please stop being delusional

leeme go through and see if i can find the dyno chart bud

Junkyard here has 5.3s with all the accessories and wiring harness/ecu sitting on pallets out front for 500, pulled from running vehicles.
Are you trying to say that stock pistons, stock bearings, stock rods and stock head, stock intake SR20 will make it to 500hp?
Because the 5.3 can and does all day long.
Can you give me any cases at all of stock SR20s hitting 500hp?

>stock SR20s hitting 500hp?
youtube.com/watch?v=7ntifAHrqyk

and don't forget to list all the parts you forgot to last time

>an extra 250hp with just.4 extra liters
lel

>muh anecdotes
a buddy of mine got an s15 SR for like 600

>Are you trying to say that stock pistons, stock bearings, stock rods and stock head, stock intake SR20 will make it to 500hp?
all the rotating assembly of an Turbo SR, like an s15 SR20DET or an X-trail SR20VET are strudy as fuck, what you need is new main bearings, new piston rings, a new headgasket and APR bolts, you might want new pistons, but only if you are shitty at tuning
people who build 5.3 reliably also change bearings

on the head you can do away with porting and new valvespings, something that you still need on an iron 5.3 or else it will drop a valve

>all of stock SR20s hitting 500hp?
i don't need to because I am not a dumbfag that ever mentioned an "all stock SR20 hitting 500"

not that it matters, you can get away with 400 and you might have the same hp/kg because the SR20 is an aluminium 4 cyl, while the 5.3 is pigfat iron

i said bolt on's and cam

plus im talking crank HP, to the ground was like 350? 25% off or so would put it at over 400 easily

fuck if i remember, but thats pretty common, IM guessing if you had the $$$ to spend you could make a 130 over do much more work

>really makes you realize how pigfat the GTR is

Literally no specs given on internals, says it's cammed?
5.3 don't even need that.
youtube.com/watch?v=TBy6Uwu5V5M
>i don't need to because I am not a dumbfag that ever mentioned an "all stock SR20 hitting 500"
But all stock 5.3s ARE hitting that, they do regularly, which is the whole point, it can't be beat for the price and simplicity.
phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/6117802986.html

>But all stock 5.3s ARE hitting that, they do regularly
no they are not, and if they do, they do it for a couple of months and end up with ring or headgasket failure or a spun bearing or dropped valve

I already told you what are the basics for 5.3 builds

>no photos
sounds legit