/wfg/ - Warframe General

Damage/Enemies 3.0 when edition
previous thread: >READ the pastebins BEFORE asking stupid questions
GENERAL FAQ: pastebin.com/wyz3Ye1g
Additional FAQ, SERIOUSLY, READ THIS ONE: pastebin.com/GHStmm22

>How to join Warbros No Fun Allowed, if it wasn't full: i.imgur.com/RMS2guW.png
>Avoid the line, join the /wfg/ alliance today! PM killsaw of Warbros NFA for inquiries

>Notable links
/wfg/ Discord: discord.gg/X5Ttu4n
Wiki: warframe.wikia.com
Essentials: deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html
Focus System: warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus
Buying and Selling items: warframe.market
News: forums.warframe.com/forum/170-news-events/
Raid Setups and individual Builds:
Warframe Raid Schoolbus: Hide your power lvl and follow the rules: discord.gg/aUTTyWH
THE LAW OF RETRIBUTION: pastebin.com/dMMdZRpY
THE JORDAS VERDICT: pastebin.com/NLPSMBed
Damage 2.0: i.imgur.com/AFVavTs.jpg
Droptables and Data: github.com/VoiDGlitch/WarframeData (MissionDecks=mission rewards)
Another Datamine / Warframe News: semlar.com/
DPS calculator and weapon build planner: github.com/GottFaust/WWDC/releases/tag/0.8.2 (not maintained)
DPS calculator and build planner No.2: warframe-builder.com/ (frames, weapons and companions)
Top guns, read note at the bottom: i.imgur.com/Zu4Z6lD.jpg
Tierqueer Filters: git.io/vMhaS
---
CURRENT UPDATE: Octavia's Anthem
> forums.warframe.com/topic/776642-octavias-anthem-update-20/
CURRENT PRIME ACCESS: Banshee
> forums.warframe.com/topic/767736-banshee-prime-hotfix-19115/
Older stream footage: pastebin.com/LkZRPteU
liestream highlights: warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Livestreams
For specific liestream highlights, use warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Devstream_## (replace ##)
---

/wfg/ OP pastebin, if it's not like this one report it and make a proper one: pastebin.com/iAgtMahh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rFzR_FOTq2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>COcktavia

post captura/taters/waifus
there, i said it

Warbros NFA is now back up to Moon tier, follow normal instructions for invite.
or PM Higgus for an invite

>No staff weapon on the top weapons list thats not Orthos

I guess I'll just use my Jat Kittag with Wukong

Reminder that Frogbutt has a puffy vulva covered in pleasure warts

post octavia builds please

did the riven market crash or something? im trying to sell decent rivens for decent guns and no ones buying anything

click the link you're posting in chat, it displays stats different from the actual stats

why buy decent when you can buy great?

>Doing mission alone
>oh shit stalker
>player joins right as he spawns
>welcome
>to the slaughter
>player leaves

I thought it was funny.

Really?

yes

Wrong

CORROSIVE PROJECTION ALERT

Don't know if this was discovered before, but here are my findings on Octavia. Specifically, the relationship between the Mandachord and her abilities:

Frequent beats = numerous, weak ticks of damage on Mallet
Slower beats = slower, more damaging ticks of Mallet

Frequency of beats in this case means the number of beats in the song. Each Mandachord measure is 16 beats long, for a total of 64 beats: 16 columns per measure, 64 total columns. The most frequent number of beats you can have is 64, or one note on each column. This results in the most numerous ticks on Mallet, and the weakest damage per tick. If you have less beats - e.g. 1 beat per measure, 4 beats total - then Mallet's ticks will be slower, but deal more damage.

Now for the interesting part. Ostensibly, frequent/slower beats should have the same DPS overall, with the frequency of ticks balanced out by the damage per tick. No doubt this is what DE intended. However, the truth is that faster, more numerous beats will always have higher DPS. Even though the damager per tick is lower, the overall DPS is significantly greater than slower beats. This means that in order to optimize Mallet damage, you should have 1 beat in each column, 64 beats total, filling up the entire Mandachord.

Doubling up on beats (more than 1 beat per column) does not seem to have any effect.

Resonator presumably works the same way since its description reads identically to Mallet's, though I have not tested this.

(cont.)

WAIT NVM IT'S ARCHSHIT

Its on Grinner Sealab I think

Can I take Saryn into sorties and not get bitched at? I just want to play my waiframe

slowbro.jpg

Depends on the mission

Jupiter is a corpus planet.
Uranus has the sealabs underneath the water.

Ignoring the unmaxed mods, am I on the right track for building tank Chroma?

Experimental procedure:
Spawned a lv140 Ancient Disruptor in Simulacrum, threw Mallet at it, and measured TTK for 3 different rhythms:
-64 beats total (one beat ber column, maximum number)
-32 beats total (every other beat)
-4 beats total (1 beat per measure)
Overall, due to inconsistent AI, there were several outliers, but over repeated tests, the 64-beat rhythm consistently beat out the other two, with the 4-beat song often not being able to kill the ancient at all. Average TTK for 64-, 32-, and 4-beat rhythms were 18s, 25s, and 30s respectively.

(Note: I did not use a blank build, I had a bunch of power strength and range on there, but the same build was used for each test.)

Metronome functions in a similar manner. Faster beats means that your actions will trigger it more often, but require more actions to build. For example, having 64 beats means you can trigger Metronome almost at will, but each action will only build the gauge by 20%. Having 4 beats means Metronome's trigger window is more spaced out, but each action will build the gauge by 70%. (not exact numbers, just examples). Note that "missing" beats on Metronome will decrease the build gauge.

In practice, faster beats on Metronome is significantly easier to build up than slower beats. Despite requiring more actions to trigger, it's much easier to spam-crouch to trigger Invis than legitimately timing it to a 4-beat song.

tl;dr - fill up your Mandachord with at least 1 beat per column for every ability.

>Don't know if this was discovered before, but here are my findings on Octavia.
>my findings
correction: someone told you exactly how she works last thread
you need to properly source everything on your thesis or you're not gonna get a Ph.D

>Still haven't sold my legendary core after over a month of trying

well I haven't seen anybody else post info on Mandachord interactions. It's not even on the wiki yet

you mean someone told me vaguely to spam notes on Mandachord for Metronome. Entirely different from a rigorous, comprehensive testing

>powergaming
>instead of making stylish beats
smhtbqh

>not just using it on a mod and selling that

Use it on a primed mod and sell it?

>He doesn't know

PS4 Santa, are you here?

Also, which Syndicate should I join?

>no Rage
????

again that's purely for Metronome, it says nothing about Mallet

Where is steel fiber and armored agility?

>all 3 instruments
>not mallet
retard
he didn't explain why, he just told you how to minmax it

New loka

Haven't used the Hema much, but with this + 4 60/60 mods it will have 100% status.

Worth it to keep and use?

man fuck off, the explanation is as important as the result. You're a complete fucking retard if you think a helpful user pointing something out is the same as rigorous experimental testing

Care to elaborate? How is it better?

Who is this weird cock-mongling jester on my launcher now?

Looks like someone's mom getting irritated

So the codex is just a worse version of the wiki?

>thinking anyone cares why
no one cares why, they just want the biggest numbers as easily as possible

The point is that you're taking credit for something you were told, give credit where it is due, as in don't act as if you came up with it first.

no, baka, it has moving pictures

>jester
thats mirage deluxe skin

Access to the best weapons to sell.

and now there's objective evidence that filling up the Mandachord is the best way

fuck off retard. Unless somebody else did rigorous testing and posted results, then yes, I am the first one to put together these findings in a comprehensive, objective manner. Other helpfuls anons pointed me to the right track specifically regarding Metronome, but I highly doubt they tested Mallet DPS as rigorously as I did. Weak, fast beats > slow, strong beats is not something you can learn without testing.

Is there actually any deluxe for mirage? I don't like how she plays enough to actually buy that sick looking tennogen skin, as I never buy that shit anyways. But I'd love a cool deluxe for her.

Replace what for those

>Try out old Archwing style
>Boost forward
>Start firing gun and aiming about
>Archwing keeps drifting in the direction of the crosshair as it moves instead of the intertia in the original boosted direction

How did they fuck it up that badly?

I did test it, that's how I know, I bought her bundle the moment she came out, maxed her, tested her, then formaed her, I didn't give the exact mechanics to how her mandachord worked because I don't want it nerfed.

>rigorous testing

>a rigorous, comprehensive testing

>muting it makes it less annoying

I think you're missing literally the entire point of this shitty frame. To trigger the fuck out of pubshitters who don't know turning off ingame music actually mutes mantachord for you locally.

The tips were not specifically for the metronome, and you say to find this stuff out you need to test? That means the anons tested it as well. You are not the first to find out about this or write it down.
And there is no need for the hostility.

yet he still doesn't know exactly how mallet works

I have a couple weapons this applies to and I was wondering what the best course of action would be

Given the choice between elemental flexibility with a dash polarity and the ability to use primed cryo rounds with a D polarity, how should I spend my forma? The extra 75% cold seems enticing

it depends how often it procs status, if it procs status more than twice per second I build it for Gas or Corrosive instead of Viral. If you're only using on elemental mod go for Toxin, not Cold.
Someone has probably done the math for when viral builds are overtaken in terms of procs per second.

Survival fix when

then it's good to know I was able to replicate your results. Why do you worry about it being nerfed? First of all, DE doesn't give a shit about /wfg/, and thinking they browse here for sleeks is delusional. Second of all, somebody else (like me) will eventually discover this. Wikifags will have it up within a week.

Third of all, from what I've played, Octavia isn't even good. A classic example of godtier in Simulacrum but shit in a real mission. The aggro/DPS mechanics of Mallet and Resonator are too inconsistent. In a real mission where enemies attention is divided, with tons of LOS obstruction, with allies actively killing enemies before they can shoot, Mallet will never reach good - or even passable - levels of DPS. Octavia's biggest use seems to be just making her team invisible with 3, but that's an extremely low bar.

At this point she's Oberon-tier.

There's a difference between "I tried this for a bit in a mission and I think this is the best way" to "I tested this rigorously in the Simulacrum under controlled conditions." I have no doubt many anons have done the former.

The one I'm looking at right now is the Harpak which sits at about 50% status per burst
My riven mod has electric damage so I think the only real beneficial combo I can manage with PCR is Corrosive + Cold (Viral + Electric seems weird) which on paper seems alright for everything except maybe infested

Also, have you tested Resonator? Does it work the same as Mallet? i.e. fast weak beats > slow strong beats

A-are you here senpai?

>l, DE doesn't give a shit about /wfg/, a

get a trip faggot

Resonator is garbage, it prevents enemies from shooting the mallet, and when it picks up the mallet it removes all the damage it has stored

What it is?

good to know, but does its damage work the same as Metronome? I know that the fast beats = more ticks is the same. I assume the also applies to overall DPS

does crafting an archwing give you weapons like sentinels do?

>At this point she's Oberon-tier.

>can turn whole squad invisible
>give them all +90% multishot
>+90% melee speed
>better DPS than RQ Banshee
>better buff than Rhino
>in the same build
>mallet is the sleekiest ability in the game right now

wew fucking lad

My PSN?
Kotatchi69

No

Should I just sell my Boltace, Memeulor and Tonkor now that they're bad

he can't activate the buffs so its the warframe's fault.

>HE ACTUALLY DOESN'T KNOW
get a load of this guy

now that simulor and tonkor are kill what the fug am i supposed to use

bows

the buff things (multishot/melee) are all shit. Buffs are shit in this game, and a 90% damage buff is laughably low. Rhino's roar is a flat 150% damage bonus across guns, melee, and abilitis, and doesn't require buildup or gimmicks to trigger. Saying she buffs better than Rhino is just not true. And elemental buffers are 300% damage increase. The only worthwhile Metronome buff is the Invis.

>better DPS than RQ Banshee
First of all, it isn't. Second of all, RQ banshee isn't even good for DPS lmao. It's only good for low-level shit. In sorties RQ banshee damage is laughable.

I'll make a more confident analysis of Octavia once some good endless sorties popup, but from what I've played of her in Kuva floods and even DEAC shit, she's shit tier.

Amp's buff to damage is 598% at 299str
>he literally doesn't know

>>better DPS than RQ Banshee
>First of all, it isn't.

Mallet scales in a similar manner to Maim, the higher the enemy level the high the DPS it does, its not as good as Maim, but its way better than RQ except for having half the range.
A properly built RQ works just fine in Sorties even if the Banshee is the only one with CP.

>So much he doesn't know in one post
holy fuck my sides

Can the new Limbo do anything special with his timestop against Kela de Thaym?

the guy doesn't even change aura polarities, you can't expect much from someone like that.

How the fuck does Kuva work

No, I don't know. Base is 30%, you not going to scale it up to 300%. There's probably sleek involved, but I honestly don't give a shit, because BUFF FRAMES ARE NEVER GOOD IN THIS GAME. For reasons I have stated many, many times in the past, "buffing" is a useless role. Look at Banshee, who can buff damage to the billions for the entire squad. And nobody plays her.

maybe my views will change once I try her in an endless sortie, but I highly doubt it. Higher level enemies deal more damage, but also have more HP; the relative DPS doesn't change. Maim's damage works in both low-levels and high-levels. If Mallet doesn't work even in low levels, I'll be surprised if it works in high levels. Plus, I've tried it in Kuva floods, and Mallet still does shitty damage.

Being better than RQ is such a low bar. No, RQ banshee will not deal good damage in sorties. Even if you completely ignore the massive energy drain, its damage is simply not good. It takes forever to kill things. Compare it to Mesa, or Equinox, or old Simulor Mirage. RQ Banshee doesn't even come close.

wrong guy

Now that limbo is the master of the otherworld or whatever, is energy siphon even worth using on him

youtube.com/watch?v=rFzR_FOTq2I

Considering his built in Energy Siphon plus 10 energy per kill, I don't think you'll miss it at all.

void dash into the screaming cloud

>No, I don't know. Base is 30%
base min buff is 0.25 base max buff is 2.0, if your teammates are near you and you have a mallet and metronome on you hit that max instantly, look at AMP, both AMP and METRONOME are the buff skills, AMP easily adds 598% damage to EVERYONE on top of the MELEE SPEED AND MULTISHOT buffs
>Even if you completely ignore the massive energy drain
with a properly built RQ its only 7 energy a second after 20 seconds, and you do 4400 DPS to everything within 64m before buffs are applied
buffs are the secret to doing stuff fast, something you still fail to realize.

are you telling me to brappost?

>10 energy per kill
Vhat izis?

does she buff better than Banshee? Even if she did it doesn't fucking matter, because nobody plays Banshee. Buff frames are worthless in this game.

4400 DPS isn't good. Mesa's Peacemaker deals 20k+ crits and fires multiple times per second. Equinox Maim wipes out entire rooms instantly. Mirage with an AOE weapon shits out nukes. RQ kills so slowly it's not even comparable. And it requires 20s of setup to reach that peak. Which it can only sustain for a short while before completely draining you of energy.

>tfw you wanted to sell your only Meming Strike but tried it and ended up liking to so much that it's become a necessity for your melee builds
I just wanted plat

her buff is easier to use than banshee because she isn't rooted to the spot unable to fight to maintain the buffs, however banshee is the only buffer better than her
4400 DPS quickly becomes over 60k DPS with buffs, now that Octavia exists it can go to over 360k DPS

>tfw sold miami strike for 300 plat and a nikana prime set and my only regret is how fast I went through the plat
Nikana prime is dope though

Kill a rifted dude, get energy.

>with buffs
you can buff anything. Mesa's PM now deal 1640k damage per shot, big whoop. The point is that good damage abilities don't require buffs at all. Mesa/Equinox/Limbo will always be better damage dealers than RQ Banshee. In fact, the existence of these top DPS frames is one of the reasons buff frames are shit. No point in buffing damage when you can just take along a DPS frame and mow down enemies alone. Nothing in this game is difficult enough to necessitate buff frames. Buff frames like Banshee and Octavia fulfill a completely unneeded niche.