>cant drift
>snap oversteer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jcVrkogTOAs
youtube.com/watch?v=FeHaMdset9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XuR_kJtUv78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>can't drift

MR with non of whatever the supposed drawbacks of an MR is.

AWD stops snap over anything. I've seen Chris Harris drift it so there's that too.

Honda improving their car's flawlessly as always.

youtube.com/watch?v=jcVrkogTOAs

The race/drifting starts at 3:30.

drift an sw20 turbo i dare you

>not snap oversteering into a drift

You've never watched the drift bible series have you?

youtube.com/watch?v=FeHaMdset9Y
and snap oversteer is kind of a drift. Well that's normally what gets you into it.

Snap oversteer and conventional "drifting" oversteer are completely different things.
I challenge you to control any MR when the rear swings out.

Snap oversteers happens when you enter a slide in an MR car and you don't react quick enough. I driven an mr2 turbo for 14 years and I know what snap oversteer is.

What happens with snap oversteer is you enter a slide and counter-steer accordingly, but you're too slow in reducing the counter-steer as you go through the drift. At some point in the slide the back end will bite again and try to gain grip. When that happens your front wheels are pointed in the direction of the counter-steer so you end up shooting back the other direction of the slide. Once you get into snap oversteer you can still catch it before it goes all the way around, but you have to be every quick and realize what's happening. You can also keep penduluming back and forth if you keep screwing up the counter-steer.

>drives an econobox FF
>gets in an MR
>crashes

really makes u thank :^)

>MR
>Mid-Engine, Rear-wheel-drive
>AWD

not an mr
not an mr
not an mr
not an mr
not an mr

>penduluming
I get what you mean and am not trying to detract from the point but the conventional term for that is "fishtailing" for further reference, it threw me off for a minute.

>Drove an MR2 for 14 years

'91-'93 model?

Nice thread

why do people reply to this meme?

t. never drove a MR

>slams on brakes mid corner
>snaps
GEE REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

youtube.com/watch?v=XuR_kJtUv78

Clearly fake, he moved the engine to the front.

That only applies if stock. A '91 with upgraded tires and suspension is basically a '93 or even better.

>can't drift
>oversteer
Pick one nigger

>ignored the entire thread

my car snapped in a pretty much straight line due to downshit not being smooth and flew off the road. I now never drive with shit tyres and rev match

It's a 91 but with upgraded suspension and tires. The 91 and 93 are still a little different even with upgraded suspensions. The lower control arms are different between the 2. If I remember correctly the 91s had slightly longer control arms and the 93s were shorter. The shorter arms meant it was harder to get into the positive camber condition that made snap oversteer more likely.

Because you down shifted to quick

So what do you do to upgrade the suspension? I'm a mechanical noob moron, so assume I know next to nothing.

As far as tires, how do you know what to go with other than the basic "get new tires with treads." What do you look for?

pls no bully

>OP has never drifted in his 17 year old bus riding life
>OP wouldn't know what a "snap oversteer" is if it bit him on the ass

Leave now.

Lowering springs to bring the center of gravity down and make it harder to get into positive camber conditions, upgraded shocks to better control the wheels, wider/taller wheels to give a larger foot print and less sidewall flex. All pretty basic stuff.

we had exactly this thread a few weeks ago. like 100% identical.

fight me busrider