Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740

/rpgmg/ Discord:
discord.gg/CPvWzJK
Chain Game: Chapter 1
dropbox.com/s/p7ljbsji7tqgdxa/CollabProj.zip?dl=0
Chapter 2 in progress | BSTAnon

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/92dvc3zs97zqro2/TestExecutable.7z
mega.nz/#!QZpUlbDa!0VvSdwabnPj2CA_PzpeDYvJo5affKTbC1qphZTC93fg
mediafire.com/file/51lwan2jyjma2jo/48hr.zip
youtu.be/vup13fghOMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous thread:

looking to upgrade my blackberry.

Should I get an iPhone or Android?
or should I be the smart man and upgrade with another blackberry?

Links to the 48 hour Game Jam Games for convenience.

Test Executable
mediafire.com/file/92dvc3zs97zqro2/TestExecutable.7z

mega.nz/#!QZpUlbDa!0VvSdwabnPj2CA_PzpeDYvJo5affKTbC1qphZTC93fg

mediafire.com/file/51lwan2jyjma2jo/48hr.zip

Err... I could've sworn there were other links? Maybe I missed them.

What are the other 2 games?

Hey guys, remember when we interviewed the GLITCHED devs back in August?

youtu.be/vup13fghOMA

They're getting close to releasing their new public demo, and we're interviewing them this Saturday to catch up with them and track their progress. Anybody got questions for some successful Kickstarter devs?

If you really want a built-in keyboard, there's just one right answer.

Otherwise, it depends on how much you care about function and privacy. Android takes three hours to remove all the data-tracking stuff. Apple just works.

i''ve been trying really hard to make a game with graphics made in mspaint

it's just such a pain my ass the where the hell i'm supposed to position these images so they can show up in the tileset

use a plugin instead. I like kaus ultimate overlay. Or even better is yanfly's doodads. They let you use layers, kinda like if you were using photoshop or gimp.

You might have a better time using a parallax background instead of tiles, depending on which version of RPG Maker you're using.

thanks for the advice.
i've done plenty of projects that i've gave up on,but this time, i'm confident i'll have this one made, even if it's just a joke game

using vx ace
wait... is that how you can just draw a fully drawn image and have it pasted there, like it was done on 'illegal crime game?

It's using one giant image as your map, and then you just use the tile editor to place 'invisible' walls where you need them.

It'd be way less hassle than trying to fit wrangle with enormous images in the tile editor. In fact I'd say it is the de-facto way to do it if you maps aren't strictly made up of tiny cubes.

well, i'm bit deep into the project already

How did they spend the money?

Good job with the game jam, guys. G'night

What makes their game unique?

Presumably the fact that they got money for it!

This unironically

My game is coming a day late because I started a day late. Will be finished by midnight tomorrow!

Stay alive

Need some help here for something that seems lightly complicated
My game has 12 playable character classes, of which you choose 4 at the beginning. I want the player to get a little bit of info on the class they choose before confirming it'll be added to the team, and disallow duplicate members. The current way I started to do this was through a long series of choices and conditional branches, but this is rather clunky for both me and the player.
Any script that might help in VX Ace? Other ideas I should try?

I've been archiving them myself and I also have 3 games. There will, probably, be two more by those who were late.

The Mega link is something called "Circus Sundance".

The third one is "48hr"

Have a room with the 12 classes displayed and a stand in front of each of them for your player to interact with.

The stands can give a description of the class in question as well as let you select the class. Have the stands continue working only if the associated class is still standing there and as long as your party isn't at 4 or higher.

Have the player only leave the room after enough classes are selected. Use a variable to track this.

It's a bit clunky, but it's easier to put into workable chunks that won't make it confusing.

>Have a room with the 12 classes displayed and a stand in front of each of them for your player to interact with.
How would they pick the first one? Do I make a new sprite for the player in this scene?

Why not? Just make a big cursor arrow or something so they can select one?

Or make it a faceless hooded person which is your first character looking over some class armors.

Start the game in a first person view and have the player choose their classes through the use of hearthstone/magic the gathering type cards.

I'll probably do something like this
Would be rad, but I wouldn't know how to make a menu like that

bump

Good night bump

there's also ye olde warcraft 3 style: you're a wisp until the full party is formed.

Was actually planning to do this

Have the anons who expressed their interest in placing through this made any progress, or want to share their thoughts on it?

On an unrelated note, I recently received RPG Maker VX Ace and RPG Maker XP as a gift on Steam. I haven't worked with an RPG Maker engine since RPG Maker 2003, so I have a few questions.

RPG Maker VX Ace is the newer version of the two, and the one I should use, right? How long do you think it would take to learn the ins and outs of VX Ace as someone who knew 2003 very well?

So is this general for general discussion of RPG Maker games or development of RPG Maker games?

yes

Both

Got any recommendations for RPG Maker games?