/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #39

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

more murder edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ
>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

Previous thread:

I want A2 to crush me between her thighs

So I feel a bit lost. I'm using the scanner to find 9S, and I apparently have to look for him in the deep caves. Problem is there's a substantial increase in enemy level in that area. I'm level 26, everything down there is 40. Do I just have to grind a bunch first or something?

same

9S is my boy

>you better leave now pascal before I change my mind
>*flies off*
>pascal pls fix me
>*flies off*
>wtf he can fly

is A2 retarded

Be honest, what would you do to Kaine if she tells you that she needs help with her uncontrollable lust?

>Well, he did that too. Nier/Drakengard's stories have covered games, novellas, drama CDs, stage plays, and manga.

Aren't they turning Brother One's story into a stageplay as well? I'm not really up for seeing his dickhead Elf sidekick getting a musical number.

I would service her in a heartbeat. Kaine transcends sexuality.

I want 2B to wrap her thighs around my head and then self destruct

Pod O42 was worried about her not being particularly perceptive.

I love 2B9S!

The fact that Jackass wrote a report on project YoRHa and N2 means that Project YoRHa completely failed. News will spread that the human server is not a human colony. Androids will become apathetic with their lack of human masters to protect.

Jackass just pulled a Nier and potentially wiped out android kind.

A cock is a cock, even if it's on a girl.

How large is your automata image folder?
Mine is 1.98 GB.

Not if my dick self destructs first

Kaine have a pussy and a dick faggot.

>balls
no because that's not Kaine. Real Kaine only has the shaft.

[citation needed]

I want to give A2 a bath and repair her skin implants so she doesn't look like a hooker

Not into traps but that's the thing, Kaine isn't a trap, she's got a vagina. I'd make it work.

2B is for 9S not you!

Honestly given the fucked up sexual themes in many of Taro's games I'm really surprised that we never learn for sure whether or not Androids have working junk. I would imagine not, as the original Androids were built by humans to oversee Project Gestalt and nothing else, so they wouldn't need genitals for anything.

And they went on to construct the other androids primarily as soldiers and resistance fighters, not to replace humanity, so why would they give them junk?

And Devola and Popola will probably be blamed.

nigga do some sidequests, you should at least be level 30-40

>sample

Were there androids other than the project gestalt observers before humanity went extinct?

If so, why? If not, then why build them afterwards?

The war may or may not be as big of an issue with N2 gone though. Maybe they can focus on something besides fighting for the first time in centuries.

I gotchu
Thank god for reverse image search.
I only ever download original copies.

Wait a fucking second, Kaine does have a donger and pussy all in the whole pack.

How the fuck during all the game the dick wasn't visible at all? also as far as I read about her it says intersex, that means she has a fully functional vagina with clit and everything or the dick is replacing the clit?

If the apathy is an inherient side effect of their programming to serve humans. Then even with the war over they would still fall to it, surely?

The only way out I see for android kind is to embrace the machine core model.

Certain costumes and angles made it very clear she was packing. Theres screenshots somewhere to prove it.

so, what exactly did A2 do at the end of Route C??

and what was the point to it if Real Master Minds POD 153 indicated that ALL black boxes are off which concludes the YorHa project

>How the fuck during all the game the dick wasn't visible at all?
Look closer. They literally modeled her bulge, and it is very obviously not just a puffy vulva.

Next YT game when

I remember in official art, it was shown to be quite small, but in novella's its offhandedly described as looking "grotesque", though I wonder if that's just the literal sex energy doing it or if they are actually referring to her arm.

I would fight for that.

Hope you like mobile games

>official art
>of Kaine's benis
user
it's good to dream, but it's important to separate fantasy from reality

They need to let the machines teach them how to enjoy things other than fighting, like the amusement park machines pre-zombification. They stopped fighting, in direct defiance of their core programming, and they were happy as fuck. Many of the androids might go a whole day without thinking much of the humans, they have their own lives, jobs, and relationships at the resistance camp.

Learning of humanity's truth would be like if somehow god was definitively proven to not exist. It would be a hard blow for a lot of them, but would it really lead to something worse than them dying and suffering in a pointless war for thousands of years? And if so... how? Why?

>and what was the point to it if Real Master Minds POD 153 indicated that ALL black boxes are off which concludes the YorHa project

The point of YoRHa was to create a source of misinformation; that humanity was alive and well on the moon. With every black box offline, all data on the YoRHa project is wiped save for the combat data which will be used in future generations of androids to better fight the machines. By wiping out the source of the claim that humanity in alive on the moon, there is no way to verify if it is false. Giving the androids an excuse to believe they are still fighting for humanity and no way to disprove it.

Or to quote the commander "We needed a god worth fighting for."

She somehow sacrificed herself to purge 9S of the logic virus.

The point of it was... idk. The pods were able to save/back up 9S but only because of weird consciousness magic that A2 had no way of knowing about. From her perspective he was dead regardless of whether she removed the virus, right?

no, no that. What was the point of whatever A2 did if 9S still died???

She killed 9S, destroyed the tower and then let go of her hatred and accepted death.

Fuck can you post one please?

I saw one where she was in the floor and Papa Nier was there checking on her but nothing out of the regular girl wearing pantsu.

>Offical art
There is no way something like that exist.

C is incredibly nihilistic. If you didn't notice in the moments preceeding the finale, there wasn't much of a point to anything.

Would learning of humanity's extinction really lead to something worse than them dying and suffering in a pointless war for thousands of years? And if so... how? Why?

This is something I don't really get either.

Sorry, I don't back up that sort of thing.

so
Ending A = Prologue Ending 2B
Ending B = Prologue Ending 9S
Ending C = A2 Ending
Ending D 1-2 = 9S Ending
Ending E = POD 042 Ending

Would learning of humanity's extinction really lead to something worse than them dying and suffering in a pointless war for thousands of years? And if so... how? Why?

This is something I don't really get either.

Do the androids have core programming like the machines that makes them need to want to fight?

Also were the androids other than the project gestalt overseers made before humanity's demise or after? If before, why? And if after, what the fuck why?!

>Would learning of humanity's extinction really lead to something worse than them dying and suffering in a pointless war for thousands of years? And if so... how? Why?
>would loosing your solo purpose be bad
Speed Star, Father Servo and a whole tons machines answered this several times during the game

The androids are still machines, they are inheriently programmed to protect humanity.

Clearly the android government thinks that this is a good way to get androids to blindly fight in a never ending war so they've never removed it.

It's comparable to...

You have an army that fights for god.

But now they don't believe in god any more.

What do?

>People claim you dont need Nier 1 to appreciate Nier 2
then how you fucking expect people to make the emotional connection to Neo - D&P???

speaking of which, when tey get to teh tower last stand, why do they talk as if they knew 9S from way before??

It's supposed to tie into the idea of existenialism that Jean-Paul mentions and is also referenced throughout the game. In this philosophy, who you are is defined by your actions. What if it turns out everything you had be striving towards was a lie, and ultimately meant nothing? Your actions have meant nothing, so you are nothing. Androids prime directive is the protection and preservation of humanity. If their primary motivation is gone, a good chunk of who they define themselves is also gone.

They have either a prime directive or something similar in regards to protecting humanity. Fighting is just an extension of that.

But even speed star found a new purpose other than the original one?

Also, why is the android sole purpose defending humanity? I originally assumed they'd been built to fight the aliens, but then you find out humanity was extinct already when the ayys landed.

If the androids were created after humanity went extinct, what the fuck was the point of making them believe humans were alive still? Just don't make that their core programming in the first place (or don't make them at all). What am i missing?

>But even speed star found a new purpose other than the original one?
he blew himself

This btw links in to 2B's opening lines...

About wondering if she will ever have the chance to meet that god and kill it.

Which is precisely what ending E achieves... The illusion of humanity being alive and project YoRHa ending in utter failure means the end of the androids "god".

>then how you fucking expect people to make the emotional connection to Neo - D&P

I thought that was what the little text adventure was for.

Humanity went extinct before the ayys invaded. Androids were around when humanity was still alive.

Devola and Popola, user.

But why does the Android Illuminati who we never meet care if this war goes on?

Did they know that the machine network was doing the same thing, also just trying to keep the war going instead of winning or losing it, or was that just an ironic twist of fate?

And finally, what the fuck was the deal with Adam and Eve? How does N2 relate to them. Seems that once N2 died (and they somehow came back to life) they were benevolent and peaceful, offering 9S a place on the ark

Even more-so for Emil.

I mean, kinda, but you dont really get to know what they mean about "other version of the D&P model fucked up everything"

that detracts a lot of the weight and reason why that model is so utterly hated

But the prime directive of the android shadow council or whatever was also to protect humanity, and they all knew the truth. So wouldn't they lose all hope and motivation, instead of setting up something like YoRHa?

>why do they talk as if they knew 9S from way before??
How so?

They reference how back at camp they told him that they don't want to see him die alone.

I let this one pass by cause Emil is a side quest but D & P last stand is main quest related.

I have been but even some of the side quests are out of my league.

Different user here hold up a sec.
Its hard to see here but this is one of the final stages of her development where the art and concept are more or less done. Take a close look and you'll notice the bulge but the next pic will make it more noticeable.

I already know that, but the OG DevPo were part of the project gestalt observation androids, many of whom presumably became the android shadow council or whatever.

What i mean is the other androids, like at the resistance camp. Presumably there are other camps like that all over the world; obviously there have to be a decent amount if it's worth maintaining project yorha to keep them in the dark. When were they made and for what purpose?

>many of whom presumably became the android shadow council
All devos and popos were punished and reviled.

By this point they were already looking into DLC outfits and the like and spitballing was occuring but the clear difference in color palette shows a more defined bulge. The actual lines and proportions are exactly the same as the above picture however.

Can I have a pair of Devola and Popola to punish please?

But not all the gestalt observation androids were devpo, were they?

And if not, then who the fuck formed the android shadow council that creates yorha, who made them, and why? Why would other androids have even existed at that point?

If they inspired the rest of android-kind, does it matter? YoRHa was supposed to self-destruct, taking the ones who were in the know with it. The goal of YoRHa was to create a self-sustaining lie.

If only. Think of the things you could make them do for you, a human, to fill that endless pit of guilt inside of them for their crimes against humanity.

patrician taste

The problem is Automata makes it sound as if it was really solely their fault, when it obviously wasn't. They were put in a position they could not possibly succeed in

I always assumed humanity probably made a whole bunch of combat androids to fight against Legion after the Numbers program was shut down.

No, Automata made it look like it was solely their fault from their perspective... Important distinction.

Time to use chapter select to clean up everything I missed. Just went back and did Emil's quest.

1. Are there any really easily missable sidequests I should be aware of?
2. I love combat bracers on 2B/A2. Are there any that give crit up, or should I stick with my Virtuous Grief/Fang of the Twins combo?

You said the rest of android-kind.

That's been my question all along. Who or what made the rest of android-kind? Why were there androids made other than project gestalt observers and when? Why do non-D&P droids exist

Speed Star achieved what he wanted. Father Servo died in the pursuit of what he most desired. Neither is analogous to what you replied to.

But why the fuck would they care about inspiring the rest of android kind? Knowing humanity doesn't exist their prime directive wouldn't fire and they wouldn't care about anything

Does anyone else feel that 4S is grossly out of place? I can't help but feel him being around ruins the plot twist/big reveal of the game.

There's only one missable thing in the entire game and it's related to ending Y. I'll leave it at that, research it on your own if you so choose.

The androids clearly can create more androids, or there would be no other androids... Come on now, it's not that complicated. Other androids built new androids. You only need one factory churning out an endless chain of them to perpetuate an entire society.

>The fact that Jackass wrote a report on project YoRHa and N2 means that Project YoRHa completely failed.
Other androids will just see her as a fedora tipping atheist.

It is possible to be a human, knowing that god doesn't exist and yet still thinking it would be beneficial for humans as a whole to believe in god.

I fail to see why this is an issue at all.

Sure, but why are they building new androids in the first place if humanity is extinct? And if it was before then why? To fight shades? Weird that nothing like that ever came up in nier 1 or any of the supplemental stories from either game if so

If I recall, that ending is When you fight Emil and let him self-destruct, after having all weapons fully upgraded. I'm not ready to do that bit yet. I'm more talking about things that are hard to find - I've heard there are some sidequests that don't show up on your map - as well as hidden weapons - I got Iron will and the Phoenix Lance, but I somehow missed Virtuous Grief until just now.

Maybe they came to the conclusion that they are the legacy of humanity and thus themselves are to be protected. The documents regarding the creation of black boxes mentions creating them like regular androids would be inhumane so the androids obviously consider themselves to have humanity and therefore to be on some level humane. Maybe they do not know how to make androids from scratch and can only copy their own designs on the basic level which means all new androids have that inate desire to protect humanity and thus the preservation of morale is for their sake.

Humans don't have a prime directive like that. If finding out humanity doesn't exist was only as bad as finding out god doesn't exist, androids would bounce back. There's NO WAY the result would he worse than 5000 years or more of bloody conflict.

I thought the whole point was that it would essentially rob every android of their desire to do essentially anything

How about "because they were programmed to create more"

You really don't need much more than that to get to the desired result.

>I thought the whole point was that it would essentially rob every android of their desire to do essentially anything
Pure conjecture. Pretty sure nothing resembling the council of humanity existed after pops n devs fucked up and let all of humanity die, and androids didn't all sit down and rust to death or immediately kill themselves in that scenario.

>that awkward moment when you stopped paying attention and everyone moved to a new thread

Please do not bully Popola and Devola, it's not their fault gestalt nier was a sperglord.

That's actually a really, really good point. I like that a lot. Still confused as to why all these other androids (i mean there are presumably other camps on earth) are around in the first place, but that's a decent explanation for how the android council moved on without humanity. They made the other androids their new humanity.... this only works if I'm assuming that the hardcoded prime directive would essentially shut down the androids, make them incapable of doing anything other than despairing, instead of just getting over it. If they're literally incapable of getting over it, then fair enough. If they're capable then the war isn't worth it

G-Guys, what happened to 9S? He used to be such a good baby boy!