Tire tier list

Do you judge people based on what tire brand they use /o?

Whats your top 3 tire brands youd avoid like the plague?

Other urls found in this thread:

discounttire.com/buy-tires/ohtsu-tire-fp0612-a-s/p/31086
tyrereviews.co.uk/Search/Size/175-65-14/Order/Rating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>michelin>goodyear>continental>>>>everyone else

Inb4 pilot sports faggots in their mcdonalds shift managers lease mobiles

I use Goodyears on my car because thats what the manufacturer recommends and theres fuck all else for quality in that size around.

I've never had Michelin's that weren't shit. Continental is the best.

Where does Bridgestone fall into? Top tier? Mid tier?

no, i don't have autism
thanks for asking

>michelin
>shit
pick one.

mid tier. could be higher depending on the actual tire model.

I have Dunlop Direzza Z2's on my Miata is there a better tire I could get?

My 3 avoid brands

>Sumitomo. Jesus Christ the rubber they use is so cheap, it doesn't matter how much tire paste you use the bead will always snap super hard when mounting. If a tire is going to blow up in your face it will probably be a sumitomo, never buy these

>Goodyear. They make *some* okay tires but these consistently have high road force and don't last that long compared to many other brands

>Go form. Chinese rubber, traction is shit and they don't last long. Not much to say here, just never buy Chinese tires

My top 3 brands
>Continental hands down. People shill Michelin a lot, and although they are a very good brand continental has them beat when it comes to the traction and tread wear trade off. Conti pro contacts have an AA traction rating with a 500 tread wear rating. About 50k miles. A set of extreme contacts are a much better choice than meme sports.

>Michelin. Really soft tires. Awesome to mount them, they are built to last and they use very high quality rubber. Definitely a close second. They make l/t versions of the defender, great choice if you have a 3/4 ton+ truck

>Bridgestone. Although a lot of their tires are pretty firm they are still high quality. They make tires for any application, if it's for your shitbox or your semi they have it.

Ok, now I know I didn't make a mistake at least. Thanks guys

hangook
because no one has decent tires in 165/70-13

Which tires did you get? What size?

What do you think about toyo?

Bridgestone Potenza
225/50 R18 on the front
245/45 R18 on the back

If I haven't ever heard of you tire brand then Yeah I'll judge. but any known brand is fine for most cars provided not dry rot/old as hell. On a sport car if you don't have a good grippy tire I will judge too because wtf man. even more so if it's a bunch of mismatched tires.I will personally never cheap out and buy shit tier tires again. I had a blow out on the highway once. Namebrand with road hazard warranty is top tier.

I do have some favorites though.
bridgestone potenzas are good albeit pricey. falken and kumhoes are okay esp for the price on most of their products. Then theres slicks like hoosier or mickey thompson you only see at track/events I like the look but 0 experience with them.

Some tires I do think are stupid over rated such as MPSS. Yeah it's a good tire and all, but you can get grippy ones for cheaper to daily on.

I sorta know that feel. got some grippy 14" for my e30. might be stupid but it's so much cheaper compared to my daily's size and similar tire
good grippy tires, but never heard anything positive/negative about their generic shit

trash

this thread is pointless, the answer changes based on what type of tire and the size you need.

just avoid the no-name chinese brands. tire rack's reviews are pretty good to compare like against like.

pilot super sport (or ps4s) can't be beat for street driving but you can save a lot of money and get something that's >95% as good (and use that money to put towards track tires if you really need the performance)

yea I have to go to at least 14s to get into better compounds
even then most of the brands are still fuel economy oriented

how much you pay for those? I paid about $300 w/o shipping for falken azenis 195/60/14 (65 ratio stock size)

Good choice my man

>good choice
>there are about 20 different potenzas, all of which are certainly not a good choice

ok the bridgestone shilling has to stop

Thanks heh. I'm just glad I didn't make a mistake by not picking a brand the other Veeky Forumstists trust

Oh shit really?

You got my anxiety all fucked up right now

600$
they are discontinued

What are your opinions on Falken? Have them on my BMW because they seem reputable and are a decent price semi performance/daily all season tyre.

who falken here

>No they shit

Don't offer anything else to the discussion, please

No, because you can have good off-brand tires.

I'm on Yokohama S.drives and they've been very good to me. Michelin's been very good to me, same with Firestone.

Wasn't impressed with Kumho. I guess I'd avoid them considering so many other options.

AESTHETIC

what chu kno bout it

>best/favorite
Toyo Proxes
>most overrated
Pirellis
>most surprising in a good way
Michelins
>honorable mention
Nitto, especially the nt555

On a further note, what is the absolute worst brand anyone would consider using? Nankang? Sumitomo? Insert Chinese name here?

My first tires that came apart were pirelli's

Right? And yet they're touted as some fantastic competition racing choice. I think they spent too much effort following the Enzo biz model

Pls

Isn't Pirelli chinese now?

What are those?

BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW

I use whatever Tire Rack offers

where do you get your tires from? Do you buy them online or from some beaner tire shop downtown?

I had Michelin Pilot Exaltos on a Mazda3, they were decent tires in dry weather. Very grippy.

I currently have Michelin LTX M/S2's on my FJ Cruiser (it came with them) and they fucking SUCK.

Getting rid of them in a few weeks for some BFG KO2 A/T meme tires.

It was those or Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

I would get some Nitto Grapplers if I could find a place that actually sells them in Canada.

But they shill hard on MighyCarMods, surely they must be good.

Nitto Grapplers are the true meme tire. BFG A/Ts r gud

What do my fellow euroniggers think of Nokian zLine?

Brands are almost completely irrelevant, with the possible exception of cheap tires from China or similar countries.

Brand A might make a decent summer tire that is exceptionally great on wet roads, but their sub-$80-price-point all-season tire may not be as good as competitors' offerings.

>michelin>goodyear>continental
Good rule of thumb.

I always buy my tires according to the technical reviews of the German Automobile Club (ADAC).

GoodYear and Michelin are almost always in the top 5.

2017 summer tires

I use bottom of the barrel tires on my daily.
And I pump them to 45psi for sick mpgs.

have Michelin Primacy MX4s on my new shitbox, bretty gud except they're loud as FUCK at high speed

Only if they have hella faggot camber and width they can't use, then wrap them in $10 chinese smegma rubber, which is every stance faggot.

I don't care for people that are brand cucks.
Buy what you can afford that is the best in that price bracket. End of story.

I'm broke as fuck.

How stupid and gay would I be if I bought these?

discounttire.com/buy-tires/ohtsu-tire-fp0612-a-s/p/31086

About as gay as pic related

Just got a set of Vredestein Sportrac 5. Dunlops I had on before were complete shit.

That panda's riding a bit high. Is that a 4x4?

I have good experiences with Vredestein and Michelin. Also recently got a bargain on some Yokohamas for my lolvo, and they've performed admirably.

Nokian Line are god tier so I can only assume that zLine is even better.

...so you just had this saved?

I think the dude on the left looks really good. Not even gay, but he's got a nicer ass than most girls.

>you just had this saved?
Of course!

What good is a gun without bullets?

>dude on the left looks really good. Not even gay
>Not even gay
Uh. ..ok..keep telling everyone that

I will.

Now tell me what are some good cheap tires i can buy for cheap because i need some cheap tires that are good, you mark ass trick.

The ones you mentioned are fine. Since they are suited for fairies and hairy cheek smashers like yourself

I judge by brand, combined with the car on which they are installed. When I see a Mercedes C230 with kuhmos on it, I know that it's some piece of shit who bought a car that they couldn't afford to maintain.

Who butterface here?

Is that a fucking LS2?

Is that an invitation?

Those look like a reasonable cheap tire. Making tires isn't rocket science, and as long as you're not stressing the tire with heat, a failure is very unlikely. I'd say go for it for less than 200$ a set. My tires are twice that per, so good on you.

I only use cheap tyres because touge and caster toe in and camber scrub them every 5 months on the rear and the fronts are not far behind.

Maxxis pace and Achilles are ok

245 or wider is so much better

Tires I'd avoid would be any sort of chinky shit.

My father bought some summer Michelins for his car. They were utter shit in his opinion. They lasted him a lot, but the traction was almost non-existent.

ordered some hangook ventus pro 12 evo 2 revenegance 5 eclectic boogaloo pro grips or something
I'm curious to see how they do.
Current kuhmo's are so shit I haven't even bothered to see what model they are.

My current tires for my car are Semperit Master Grip 2 in the same exact size. They are really good actually. They have lasted me the last 3 winters with no problem and they have a lot of life in them. I think the neighbour has either Continentals or Bridgestones on his 530xd and they fare worse. It could be that my car has more mechanical grip and there are no nannies on mine to stop me from correcting, but I will never know.

I judge by the tires themselves, not by the brand

Although I do consider anyone who drives on unknown chinese brand tires complete idiots

nothing wrong with extra tread

>not using Linglongs

It's like you want to commute without dying in a blaze of glory. Pussies.

Bought my Clio with Michelin Energy Saver and they were godlike, almost did 70k km with them. A new set costed over 600 euro though so I switched to BFGoodrich tires which are owned by Michelin anyway.

>not having BF Goodrich all terrain with white lettering in your truck
>being a cuck

Thanks for the input, user.

I just don't want to die of starvation or a light rain. I'll still look around but I don't really see any other alternative, and these looked to be the "best of the worst" per se..

>thinking brands make a difference
>falling for the road hazard warranty jew
>falling for the tire jew
I get cheap Chinese shit at the flea market

>Mastercraft
>Hercules
>Fisk

For everyday use outside of southern California? Avoid anything like the plague that isn't Michelin Pilot Super Sports (or the new PS4S if you can fit them).

>inb4 angry busriders telling me they're no good

Yes you do.

Post more cute boys pls

Tyres are just a meme.
I run on my rims.

I LOVE Hankook's Dynapro ATM. Have them on both my trucks. I've never had better all-around tires: snow, mud, highway whatever.

I ran Toyo Proxes R1R on my turbo miat. They grip like crazy, until they suddenly let go. You have to push really hard for that to happen though. There's no telling when it'll happen, they are completely silent under all circumstances; they won't squeel or chirp or anything.
Again the grip is phenomenal, wet or dry, but they only last maybe 15k miles under normal driving. And probably 100 miles on the track.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 here. 245/45/R18.
And for winter I have studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8

I avoid all cheap tires like Nexen, Nankang, Linglong, Fortuna etc. Most that come from China, India, Korea, Taiwan etc. and generally everything that is less than top 5 in tire tests.

pilot sports in a saab 9-3 Vector am i trying too hard ?

with michellin you have the best on either sided but you need to sacrifice the oposite, for exemple the pilot Super sports have the best traciton but will only last like 15K km, while the primacy have shit traction but will last like 60K km

>pilot Super sports have the best traciton but will only last like 15K km
I thought they had one of the best tread wear ratings!?

Isn't it now Pilot Sport 4S. I thought that they do not sell anymore super sports.

>not skating on rotors

They're still selling the PSS, the PS4S were only out for 19" or larger last time I checked.

Pilot Sports 4 for plebs like me, Super Sports for nito cars they start selling them at 19"

mm kiiindofff i mean compared to yokohamas they have nice wear for how much they grip, but compared to contisports or any other michelin line like the primacy or some pirellis P Nero they are shit on wear

Tires cost more than my wheels.

>bought a new car last month
>bought a full stainless exhaust system before new tyres
>"sunew" tyres came from the ship
>never heard of this brand
>seems to stick ok in the dry
>first heavy rainfall in a while
>little bit of gas
>full wheelspin and cannot move
>car is useless

Well, fuck

tfw it rains at random all the time
god dam nz

Do you have any suggestions for tires with good grip in the sieze 175/65 R14 or 155/65 R14 75 ?

tyrereviews.co.uk/Search/Size/175-65-14/Order/Rating
this sight is sort of handy

How good are Pirrelli? I don't care about price, they just came on my car and am just wondering if it's good.