/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Doesn't want the feast to begin:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/wikis/dark-souls-3/How_to_Show_Your_Humanity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Midir is fucking impossible because I can't fucking hit him fuck this fucking game

xth for which weapon is easy mode?

reply plsss

get good soon shitter, midir is piss easy

okay, so I just beat the Demon Prince and I feel like I kind of cheated it. His supernova move always killed me on all of my attempts but on my winning round he never did it once. I couldn't figure out how to dodge it, so how does it work? Run away? interrupt him? or is it really just precise rolls?

WHERE'S THE FUCK IS THE UPPER EARTHEN PEAK ANGEL'S BODY

Where is purging monument for Lapp?

Im not feeling this guys. My reflexes are not what they used to be.

How do I open up the shortcut at the Inner Wall bonfire? I feel like I've explored just about everywhere, but can't seem to find it

>SL140
>20 points into Stamina
>NG+++

Demons are kicking my ass. First stage is ok, even if the camera angles suck ass. But the second stage? Who thought this was acceptable?

Am I just bad, or is my SL way too low for my current NG? fug

Can you cut Midir's tail?

And should I open the church's gates before or after killing Midir? The gal who told me to kill Midir seemed pretty adamant about not waking up the lady so I wonder if she'll get pissed if I open the gates before killing the dragon.

Demon Prince with the giant fireball attack is a really, really shitty fight.
Demon Prince with the laser is a pretty great fight although the laser could have been done better.

Gaol is a fantastic fight overall. Best in the entire game and one of my favorites in the series.

Midir is great too. They made him difficult enough without relying on bullshit hitboxes, but gave him so much fucking health that he could have used a cut of about 1/4 his health and the fight would have been the same for the most part. For those having difficulties, attack his hindlegs and tail during his self-fire breath attack.

All the areas are well designed, albiet short, and most (although some are definitely exceptions) enemies aren't too bad.

DLC was good. Better than anything from DKS2 or the last DLC, that's for sure.

gfuel or adderall my nigga

Spear of Justice is the worst boss in series history, an absolute shitfest.

How do I activate the elevator shortcut?

What build are you using?

:^)

Check around the big tree roots.

Have you forgotten the triple NPC boss from DKS2?

ivory king DLC >>>>> ashes and ringed city

>Last boss is fighting Guts if he was merged with Femto

Fucking amazing.

What's the best UGS for a strength build?
I'm loving LKGS at the moment, wondering if there's a better one.

>They made him difficult enough without relying on bullshit hitboxes
Fuck off dude he has shockwave out the fucking ass

Is it just me or do the Demon bosses have particularly high defense?

I could roll/dodge their shit as long as I made sure to conserve stamina after attacks but it took me forever and a day to take them down with my STR/FAI build while using 500+ AR weapons in NG+

Oh nice you got it. I got long dicked there at the end.

Exile with Blessed Weapon

Okay so what's the shit you can fuck up in the DLC? So far it might be these.
Lapp's armor if you do not summon him.
The new covenant if you beat Gael before Midir but some user said you can fix it by cleansing your sin or reviving the giant.

On the one hand the demons scar is underwhelming damage wise but on the the other shoras set/zullies/desert pyros are all nice.

Also wtf is actually going on at the end with the pygmy kings? Why is the egg transferring us to the future? Is ludleth pygmy royalty?

Honestly, you should just get good. I had little problems and I haven't played the game since the last DLC came out. Just be patient and attack his weak points.

bump

>SL140
>20 points into Stamina
>NG+++

Demons are kicking my ass. First stage is ok, even if the camera angles suck ass. But the second stage? Who thought this was acceptable?

Am I just bad, or is my SL way too low for my current NG?

>Kill demons first try
>"Heh, that was prett-"
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This dlc is rough

I suppose you fought the offline phantom. He's a PvP fight if you're online, like the Old Monk from DeS. I'm really glad they had the balls to bring that back.

>adding frost or using a frost weapon doesn't make a very noticeable difference on demons
reeeee

Will somebody sum up the story of DLC?

What the fuck is the Ringed City?
Story of cool NPCs?
What's the fucking painting the weird girl was painting?
Where the fuck are the Serpents?

The worst part about the dragon boss fight isn't the difficulty (I enjoy that actually, only really tough boss in the DLC). It's the 2 minute fucking trek back to the arena when you die.

I'm in the same boat as you, give or take 15 levels. I had to ditch my UGS for ricards, speedy hits inbetween his combos was the only way I managed it. He has a retarded amount of health, just hang in there man.

Do you have to enter the church to progress towards the end of the DLC? I've beaten Midir and don't quite know where to go next besides entering that church.

SO IS SOMEONE GOING TO TELL THE REVIEW OF THIS DLC as the last Soul's content?

Are you satisfied? Was the last boss disappointing? What lies ahead?

same build i always use, str with a shield and longsword. My dodges and awareness seem diminished though.
Maybe its because i was sick for a couple days and i recently recovered.

How do I Lapp
I ran through the whole DLC after meeting him at eastern peak and just forgot about his quest till after I got the paint.

Did they really intend for one of the last bosses of the series to be this fucking shit? Seriously, fuck SOC.

points into Stamina
you should be in the thirties if you use conventional weapons

As someone who was disappointed overall with the last DLC, I was expecting shit and was pleasantly surprised. The last boss was the best in the game.

Try a greatshield and poke weapon

>Splitleaf Greatsword
>ITS A FUCKING HALBARD
FUCK YOU FROMSOFT

The B-team already found its next game

>that mass of Murkmen with the kamikaze at Great Soul Dregs
>completely deletes my un-Embered 39 Vigor on NG+
I am beginning to regret this decision to run through the DLC on NG+.

Camera angles suck ass, and it seems like they're always enraged. And then there's the second phase. Shit nigga.

>2 minute
Did you miss shortcuts or something? It's like a 30 second jaunt back to the hole to enter the fight.

My fucking dlc should be active now. It's fucking 00:13 on the east coast. Where in everloving FUCK is the bonfire in Friede's room that leads to the dlc? I'm not fighting to the fucking kiln right now. I have work tomorrow. I want to at least get an hour in for the hours I've WASTED waiting for this shit.

T. Shitter who is on NG or something below NG+4

sure I bet you summoned someone or got him after your 15th+ try

Take the plunge.

>summoned within seconds around the Within the Earthen Peaks Ruin bonfire

I feel like the belle of the ball.

So is it confirmed that there's NO LEDO's SET?

Is the Demon from Below and the Demon in Pain related to Lorian and Lothric?

>oh this bridge looks gimmickly, better place my summon sign down to find out what happens
>I am now a boss fight

Cool DLC so far

>only have 6 estus before demon
>still outlive my hosts
please stop being worse than me i suck

You know, I fully expected her to paint a picture of Drangelic.

>fight against a huge HP boss on NG4+
>expecting anything but a long and grueling fight

Not my fault desu

2 attempts
souls bosses are a sad joke

>lapp actually fetches treasure for you
What a bro.
Just at the start, when you turn right and get ambushed by never ending dregs there is an illusory wall.

Pretty much confirmed, Ledo invades you and is just wearing the normal silver knight set.

Pygmy land
There are no cool NPCs
Just another magic painting
They're dead

I did the PVP fight, and everyone that still plays this game is a cheesing faggot, this guy just ran behind NPCs the entire fight, If I wanted to fight a gank squad I'd just invade

>Be only SL100
>Hardly anybody PvPs at my SL, or at least it feels this way
>Warped to Kiln and wasted 30-40 seconds running around before realizing the bonfire was 10 feet away from where I warped in

Just go check pussyhole

Ashen Souls. Ashborne. Ash Field.

considering ledo doesn't wear it, yeah

>lapp actually fetches treasure for you
I went back to firelink and to visit the old lady npc at the start. I was hoping to get before him desu

It's very good, much better than Ariandel which was IMO the worst DLC in the series.

>The new homing throwing knife against Tears users

This thing is neat.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR KIKERY MEMEHACKI

Unless I'm missing something, you have to go from the shared grave bonfire, call the elevator, leave halfway up, climb down a long ladder, and then drop into a hole?

Is the bug dude important for anything? I accidentally aggro'd and killed him

Do you think your MonHun experience made you git gud at Dark Souls/games similar to these?

If so, which ones did you play? And which one do you think is the absolute greatest one for a beginner try and eventually git guud by persevering?

Nah dude it's named after you, we are in the wonderful world of Icy Weiner

How do I get Lapp's armor?

No.

Posting again for posterity.

620000 SLAVE KNIGHT GAEL / YUPA
621000 DARKEATER MIDIR / DarknessDragon
623000 MURKY HOLLOW / Shadow
624000 ANGEL LARVA / HumanWorm_Youngs
625000 ANGEL / HumanWorm_Adult
626000 RINGED KNIGHT / CapitalKnight
627000 RED ROBED HOLLOW / CapitalDeadWarrior_Sacrifice
628000 JUDICATOR ARGO / GiantNorm
629000 HOLLOW CLERIC / CapitalDeadWarrior_Pastor
632000 HARALD LEGION / MANUSU
633000 LOCUST / Abaddon

Turns out MANUSU was just the fat guys.

Help me.

Also:
>purging monument
>how do I invade Old Monk fight

>Peeve fighting Friede with his Bloodshades

This shit is so hilarious. He summoned THREE phantoms and two of them died instantly to Father Ariandel alone. This is gold.

Fuck. What did I miss by letting him grab that Slab?

Yeah, that's all you have to do. Make sure to have the elevator in position to be used again right away. It never seemed like a very long run back to me desu

Play Generations, it's the latest western release and mostly improves on the previous entries. Don't listen to the nostalgiafags who try to convince you it's bad. It's fine, especially for someone new to the series.

And in typing this message, I took the elevator to the top for the first time and realized that it links back to another bonfire. I'm so dumb.

FUCK YEAH I BEAT MIDIR MOTHER FUCKERS

SOLO DOLO IN THIS BITCH

what's the ending? I just give the pigment to the little girl and nothing happened.

In order to invade in the fight you have to beat Midir and equip the covenant item.

>Just another magic painting
Ah, so this is what phoning it in looks like for game devs. Bravo Miyazaki.

WHERE IS THE DEEP TRANSFORMATION FROM
I DEMAND ANSWERS

im 170 in ng4
use dark knight weapons and stay under them
there movesets are pretty easy
its just that hey hit like fucking trucks and have a billion health

Which series do you think is better: Dark Souls or MH?

And I thought FU was the best one to git gud, because if you master that one, you master them all, no?

>Gen
I heard some conflicting things about that game. Are you sure?

That is the ending

WHERE IS THE NEXT BONFIRE FROM RINGED INNER WALL HOLY SHIT HATING THIS PLACE SO MUCH

absolutely, monhun bosses take longer and require thought to beat because you can't just hit them anywhere.

4 ultimate and freedom unite are the best games for getting gud, but freedom unite is a lot more brutal. you might not make it. even experienced hunters have trouble soloing that game.

Frontier has the hardest content in the series

seems like if you stun demon prince out of his meteor-summoning animation, the meteors fall straight down instead of homing in on you

I attacked Midir until he fell off the bridge. Was I supposed to fight him again?

DEEPEST LORE.

OPEN TO INTERPRETATION.

IT'S WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT user

Swampy area, go to the right

Did anybody else get their weaponfu from this dlc? Ringed Knight paired ugs is everything I ever wanted, I'm making an eye ring/beacon build with it.

OH SHIT

LATEST PATCH ADDED SKNIGHT_SWORD ENTRY IN MEMORY

GUYS SOMEONE FARM THE FUCKING SILVER KNIGHTS

Not for a while, bud. It's in the swamp.