/pg/ - Persona General

Kanye Edition

Previous Thread: NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png
>Picture of Floral Pants Man (and his sidekick)
i.imgur.com/cKTK7sI.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s14AnlAw6sDl
streamable.com/0zp7r
strawpoll.me/12623836
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anal with Makoto!

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

3rd for suicide

Would you Anne's English VA?

Apparently the full name of the Phanchan site is the "Phantom Aficionados Website"

You can't deny this much longer. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

I want Erika Harlacher to bend me over and fuck me with her giant tranny cock!

Dub Goro's sounds so awkward

I honestly dont care I gonna call anne ann because whats the difference

honestly i'd pump and dump it

makoto's english VA sounds like a bitchier mitsuru desu

Anne is hung!

Honest question. I don't know how to verbalize the different syllable pronunciations in writing.

vocaroo.com/i/s14AnlAw6sDl

I want to suck your toe

Yes
Those are the correct ways to say them
Good work, you are now better than paid employees.

yes, obviously.

cute voice
stream p5

yes

now say lewd things into vocaroo

god you are just begging for dick

/pg/ - thirst general

how much effort would it take to just edit the texture to be in english

What's with the oddly formal translation for this line? That sounds more like the way he speaks when he's on stage, where he actually is pretty polite. When he's talking to Joker off-stage, he's almost overly casual.

>"Haha, sorry, sorry. I mean that my discussion with you was very worthwhile."

I hope that's not how they're handling his detective act as a whole, because that level of politeness even in casual conversation is a bit too much compared to how he speaks in the original text.

inb4 atlus butchered goro reeeeeeeee

>Makoto's dub

they're trying to pronounce them all japanese-y but they're putting stress on the wrong syllables, they're saying akechi weird too

it could just be their trademark stiff prose at work

She sounds better than what I was expecting and she's supposed to be like that at first. Still, I feel they told Cherami to go for a Mitsuru vibe.

Let me guess, are they pronouncing it like how Eikichi's name is supposed to be said?

this is coming from the studio that brought you Do-JI-ma and YU-ki-ko, i'm not entirely sure why people are saying this is new to the series.

I think it's because it's a lot more glaringly bad than those examples.

I figured out why Takemi sounds so off
She sounds like an M to F transexual

streamable.com/0zp7r
I know it's not, that doesn't mean I can't be mildly peeved about it since it's been years.

they're all stressing incorrect syllables regardless, it's very noticeable when you play P3/P4 subbed.

before ryuji said "whaddya want" goro mentioned pancakes right? RIGHT?

he mentions them before he leaves also he says "delicious cake" and not pancakes

No fucking way

FUCK MAI NAMBA FUCK THAT FUCKING CUNT THAT GODFMAN HWHORE DIVERSIT YHIRE PEICE OF FUCKING SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK

Fuck Atlus.

is that a lie????

You better be fucking pulling my leg

>also he says "delicious cake" and not pancakes
NO
NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO NO NO GORO WAS SUPPOSE TO BE RAPED BY PANCAKES NOT CAKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I guess it's "cake-aku doori" now

KILLED THE FUCKING GAME KILLED YOUR FUCKING GAME RUIN EVERYTHING THEY TOUCH HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING TO SOCIETY FUCKING FUCK EVERY FUCKING THING UP FUCK EVERYTHING UP STOP FUCKING TOLERATING IT STOP LETTING THEM DO THIS SHIT STAND UP FOR YOURSELF FOR ONCE

oh look eops being dumb again

i posted that as a joke to make /pg/ lose their minds

strawpoll.me/12623836
strawpoll.me/12623836
strawpoll.me/12623836

stream vod for the justice rank 1 scene at twitch / videos / 131671794 by the way, starts at like 4 hours 30 mins in.

I wouldn't say they butchered him off of that alone, but it's a bit of a weird decision. Him being more casual when he's around Joker (and the rest of the party) has signifiance, so he shouldn't be as formal as he is during his TV show appearances (which have him use the type of polite speech I'd expect to be translated like this).

I could see it being a problem if that continues past that point in the game, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think that's it. If stiff over-literal translation was the problem here, I could see "quite" happening for とても despite the casual tone of the line, but they wouldn't translate ごめんごめん as "my apologies" (that'd make more sense for すみません, which he does actually use when he's using politer speech in the JP version).

If it's just that scene, it might be the translator or editor screwing up and not noticing that he switches from polite speech on-stage to casual speech on-stage. If it continues in his upcoming scenes, though, that's probably a sign that overplaying the politeness is how Atlus USA is trying to differentiate between his real self and the act he puts up, which would be a problem because the difference between those isn't actually that big (he switches from 僕 to 俺 and slips into rougher speech when angry, but past that it's not far off from his normal casual speech).

>streamable.com/0zp7r
Yep. They're fucking up his speech. The only line in that part that should be polite is his introduction, the rest use casual speech, while here he comes off as too formal the whole time. That's not a good sign.

>that spoiler
Ryuji or Goro? Ryuji's line uses ケーキ, so that'd be the translator forgetting what that should be in context, while Goro uses パンケーキ in full, so that'd be them screwing up outright.

>Sadayo's maid name is Becky

HARDIIIIIIIN

That's her name in Japanese too dumb fuck

can anyone actually hate Hardin at this point when it's clear Atlus USA is rotten to the core

>they are completely ruining Goro's character, to the point where it is actively detrimental to the plot
>/pg/ still denies this is Atlus's worst localization since Revelations Persona
>/pg/ still thinks this is has a chance of scoring better than P4G or even P3P

that room looks weird, like i dunno, it's just a static image and their models are pasted on top of it or something

gee maybe because it is

How the fuck did they ruin this? I'm not one to gripe so much about dubs but this is fucking awful. It's literally パンケーキ in Japanese. It's not that fucking hard. You can't even blame this on difficult kanji.

Paizuri with sensei!

t. EOP

WHICH ONE IS REAL

>How the fuck did they ruin this?

*Becky

he says ケーキ for that line and then the full パンケーキ in this one i think, i can't remember exactly

they're different lines ya dingus

>Gorofags kneejerking again
>Gorofags are all EOP
What a surprise

THAT IS HER NAME IN NIP YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Dude they're just trolling. Don't get caught up in it.

>Japanese character has an American first name
sure. can't wait for the reply to be "hahaha EOP!!!" like you actually know japanese

>look mom I called them EOP again

the only confusion was because only a few people were there for a the full scene on the stream

this is just half shitposters, half eops, all /v/

The White were right.

Okay because people are retards, here.
He says ケーキ first, Ryuji asks what he's talking about, and then he says パンケーキ.
There is literally nothing wrong with the translation here - you're making fools of yourselves.

So the dialogue sequence is this first then this right?

t. XX running damage control

Yes.

yes, dummy

Joker is unhealthy!

Alright, looks like the pancake thing is fine here (and the other one used ケーキ originally too, so that's a context goof in English but not quite a mistranslation). The rest of the line... not so much, he's still coming off as too formal compared to the original (). To keep the line's original tone and politeness level, something like this would've been better:

>"Huh, I guess I was wrong. I thought I heard... "delicious pancake," or something like that."

I said in the same comment you replied to that I wouldn't say they butchered him off of that alone. It's a red flag, but I'll have to see more of how they handled his speech mannerisms to say if it's a serious problem or not.

At the moment, it's potentially concerning, but could still just be them screwing up his initial scenes. If it continues into the scene with Makoto and the train station encounters, then it's time to be worried.

べっきぃ/Becky is the name she uses for the maid disguise in the Japanese version, too. That's not on Atlus USA.

There's an actual problem here (the way they're handling his speech mannerisms), but the pancake line reactions are kneejerking over nothing (or at worst, the translator missing that people don't really tend to shorten pancake to just -cake in English and not bothering to adjust that in translation).

I've been paying on and off attention to kanyefag's stream for like an hour and he's still on the same day

see it's not about people being retards, it's about being given half information until someone who saw the whole seen came around to clear it up. calm down.

>I wouldn't say they butchered him off of that alone.
nothing about the translation has improved since a worrying start. there is no reason to believe that starts now.

Shut the fuck up, retard.

>Goro was undone by his own stupidity

This will never not be funny to me.

he does say pancake, though. it's only the first line that's "cake" and then he switches to "pancake". oh my god stop fishing for (You)s.

to be honest, he's not aware of Morgana at that point.

He didn't know about Morgana.

Funnily enough we shorten pancakes to cakes around here. But that's only because the pancake house thing is popular as fuck and everyone knows what you mean.

Anyway, I don't get why people are trying to shit on the translation so hard.

wait, so this was known by some people??? MC overhears it like the day after he meets goro? the fuck?

u mad? yeah, u mad

Well sure, it was ignorance as well. It's still funny. Just the idea that it can all be summed up as "shouldn't have tried the pancake angle."

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK
THEY ARE STRAIGHT UP DESTROYING THE STORY
HOLY SHIT
THIS IS WORSE THAN REVELATIONS

>Funnily enough we shorten pancakes to cakes around here

Where the hell do they call it "cakes?" I've never heard anyone call pancakes "cakes."

don't ever underestimate fangirls

>t. overreacting weeb

Girls once again fulfilling the Crawling Chaos' agenda.

I can't even tell what is actual butchering and what is ironic memeing at this point. My demoralization is complete.

wew lad now this is actually bad translation