Why are there of these bento box cars in Japan

Why are there of these bento box cars in Japan
I thought the nips were supposed to have good taste in cars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bL_T4Lr0uu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because kei cars A CUTE

Everyone already knows Americans have no proper concept of practicality, no need to display your shortcomings like that.

>your post
I thought Veeky Forums were supposed to have good taste in cars

Because they maximize cargo room while minimizing actual size

Kei cars have to fit into a certain set of dimensions.
A box is the most efficient method of filling a space.
The tiny tiny wheels are to maximise cargo area as well, and it's not like they go off-road. They don't even leave the roads to be parked; you buy a keicar because you have to prove you have an off-street parking space before you're allowed to buy a regular car. No space = keicar only.
Only a tinyfuck engine because keicars have an HP limit as well.

Owning a car in japan sounds like shit

It's shitty if you're not well off

IRC the 'prove you have a parking spot before you buy' think only applies if you live in the middle of a major city, which is shit no matter which country you live in.

And to be fair, the sheer size and density of a city like tokyo.. it's simply not feasible for everyone to own a car. See China and you will know why

These.

Also Japan has great public transport so a car isn't as necessary plus the cities are so dense, driving isn't always a good idea.

Because they are taxed like a quarter of normal costs.

youtube.com/watch?v=bL_T4Lr0uu8

these cars started life after WW2. thr economy was bad and people needed transport. just put a small motor in a box and call it a day. and it works

also the benefits
less taxes.
cheaper.
if electric you get a tax write off.
less emissions etc.

the goverment doesn't like normal cars. or even cars in general. people protest by placing the train handles at the botton of their cars.

Car culture is dieing due to the heavy restrictions after the 90s race years.

if you want a car you have to be dedicated. There is an Automatic and Manual DL and the process is tedious

>Plebbit Car Reviews

Go back.

Don't trash it till you try it, they even make all wheel drive microvans with automatic transmission you can fold all the seats and have like 2 meters flat in the back.

Just like living in the middle of any major city, really. The Japanese have just taken a sensible approach to it, and made it so parked cars aren't fucking everywhere.

>people protest by placing the train handles at the botton of their cars.
?

DUDE JAPAN LMAO

>driving isn't always a good idea
Even if driving takes twice as long it's way better than being shoved into a train with about 1 million people.

More like 5x as long downtown.

Plus parking costs. I work downtown in a biggish city and take transit to work. Its 5 minutes faster and saves me 400/month in parking, its a no brainer.

I know that ok? I just don't want it to be true.
This forces me to get my jobs in places where parking a car is actually possible.
I can't stand public transport, I was forced to use public transport for about 8 months and I could not drive my car during that time. I got used to it but I would have dreams of driving my car and woke up feeling depressed. That can't be good.

Being shoved into a train with Americans sucks but the Japanese bathe so it's ok. Really between cycling and train, Japan is so accessible that personal cars are almost pointless.