Hey all! Can I get some criticism on my photos?

Hey all! Can I get some criticism on my photos?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/p77hd
imgur.com/a/v6v72
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's a gallery with 20 of my most recent. Thanks!
@damonspictures gallery, need criticism! imgur.com/gallery/p77hd

I think they were pretty nice. I don't know how get /p/ as fuck so I just drop down to one knee and take 3/4 shots, and try to fit the whole car in the frame.

'66 or '67? Early Chargers are cool.

Not sure. I think 66. And it has a new hemi in it! pretty well known here locally.

should just post em in the thread bubbuh we can have a nice lil car photo thread ;)

Yeah that's a good start. I started that way too and it just progressed. Gonna post on /p/ next. ready to get roasted

I can do that!

Here's another. Trying to post ones that aren't in the ingur link.

This is sweet! Any post processing?

yeah just some sharpening, colorbalance, levels, and dodging on the bikes here and there, I liked everything about the positioning of the bikes but I def had a improper exposure lol

It's really not bad. Shadows and highlights look pretty great. Maybe another few shots for bracketing would have been helpful but i think it turned out okay

Thanks bud, and yeah the only thing I was unhappy with was the quality of the detail on the bikes they aren't super in focus by any means

You seem to only have half of the car in the picture.

Sadly thats all i got...i wish i had the full car

Let's turn this into a picture thread. Post pics of your vehicles

Higher shutterspeed my dude, blur doesn't look good here.
Nice shot but scene kills the composition and subject
>having too much fun with the green slider
Underexposed

Sage for confusion regarding whether this is on board topic or not

>Underexposed

I know. I took it with my phone in really shitty lighting. I still like that picture tho.

the bentley one is my fave

all the others are forgetable

Just some advice - invest in a circular polarizer filter for your camera to cut down on the reflections in the car's bodywork and windows. Otherwise, good shit senpai. Keep shooting.

You have a good eye for detail but I don't like the "car half out of frame" photos. Get a bigger lens and photograph the whole car

But you did that on purpose
There's lots of photos in your gallery with half cars

If you're only going to include part of a car, make it the front unless something else really stands out.

I agree but almost all of these were at car shows and if I did, then 1000 people would be in the shot or another car or something to that effect. The thought process was to show off the wheel, but I guess others didn't see it that way. Thanks!

A lot of them are on purpose, but like I said, I was at a car show and the cars are covered in people all of the time. So it makes it hard. Also this car was at a red light and I ran over to it to get the shot. Don't remember if it didn't fit from where I was or something else. But I get what you're saying. Full car. Got it!

Here's another set
imgur.com/a/v6v72

dont ask /p/ for criticism unless you want a bunch of 15 year olds to crit your pictures

-selective color is tacky
-they're photos of cars, not much else
+most of the pictures are in focus
+colors are nice

Your pictures look like stock car photos a company would use if they're trying to sell a product. From a documenting perspective, you took pictures of cars so they're good pictures. I cant critique your photos for artistic quality because there isn't any present.Sorry mate.

your op photo is on the right track if you're trying to be more artsy, but not a very good picture of a car

They're well done, if a little bland. There doesn't seem to be a distinct style or uniqueness to them.

That car looks like a hybrid between Volvo S60 and VW Scirocco MK3.

Thank you for an actual reply dude man. I appreciate it. A lot of them, the mercedes pictures, were to sell a product!
I'll shoot for more artsy

Okay! Gonna try to be artsier. Thank you. I can see why you guys would think that

Keep in mind that product photography is about the product, not the photo. If you want to go more artsy, google for some famous photographers and try to copy their styles. Not just colors, but composition, mood, etc

Is this the new Mustang GT?

This angle would like nice on a Mercedes with the LED headlamps or a BMW with the angel eyes

>digital photography
who cares? its literally point and shoot these days.
most complicated thing you need to "know" is focal length and shutter speed.. camera automatically handles everything else.

the focus of some of your shots is unclear, like there's nothing that catches your attention. especially in the ones where you have the car cut in half.

if you cut the car, you should be focusing on some interesting aspect of the car. blur out the background a bit to enhance this

Former pro here. (Admittedly nothing special, just minor magazines, blogs and small company work.)

You have too many half cars and detail shots. Your fundamentals as a photographer are solid, but you need to work on staging and taking whole-car shots. The Mercedes convertible one is almost good, the only thing you need to do is turn the front wheels a bit away from you. (So the face of the wheel faces you more, if that makes sense.) The red SUV is pretty good, but needs a bit more "pop," which would mostly be post-processing. The rolling shot of the wagon is nice, but it looks a little soft and you need a better background.

I'm not sure what your goals are in terms of photography as work, but I recommend imagining that you're shooting for a magazine article and trying to shoot photos that would suit. That means focusing on shots that show the whole car and not relying on unusual crops.

Here's one of mine from last year, it's not my best work (I was already "retired" but the client needed a shooter in a pinch) but it's what I have on this computer.

Looks like overexposed, overprocessed shit. Protip, being a "pro" doesn't mean 50 instagram followers.

No, but being a pro means delivering what the client wants, and this particular company likes their shit overprocessed, even though it's not my taste. Sadly that's the case more often than not in this business.

Thank you for the reply! This was what i was looking for. I appreciate it. I didn't realize the half car shots were so bad. Everyone has pointed it out. The idea was to show off the wheel and certain lines of the car. Sadly the cut-off part also cones from the fact that i'm at a car show and it's crowded. But ill keep it mind.

Also, the shot of the wagon wasn't actually moving! It was all in post. Let me link my other set of pictures to critique.

imgur.com/a/v6v72
Here's my other set!

Time to shill out photos?
>Me and my friend that took this one did some more last night, but she normally takes a few days to send the files to me. Think we got some neat ones though.
She's gunna try compositing the ones from last night to get rid of the ghosting effect. Will post results if they're decent.