MK7 GTI

When you invest a couple grand into a grocery getter VW hatchback and you end up walking to school Mustang GTs and V8 Camaros on stock internals.

youtube.com/watch?v=_90Kn0fBWpA

youtu.be/Ls1QtbxJUXg?t=24s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QxthzMs_M-M&t=607
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>comparing a fwd hatchback to bonafide sports cars

only a yank would call a gti a 'grocery getter'.
this is why nobody takes you seriously.
your car culture is laughable.

I've driven it, it's a grocery getter.
Pedal layout is shit there's no feel to anything, everything is numb and dry and unfun, just like german humor.
Only german companies that make fun cars are porche and as much as I hate them, bmw.
also t.europe.
If you want good FF just go get honda. They atleast make shit for the enthusiast instead of "normiewagons"

It is though,

youtube.com/watch?v=QxthzMs_M-M&t=607

both of you are americans, so i don't value your opinions, at all.
you mostly live in states where there are no twisty roads. you can only drive in straight lines. you know nothing about car handling. you have to go to classes to learn how to operate a manual transmission. the most famous professional american driver is some bloke called ken who does donuts in a parking 'lot'. you've had no good f1 drivers. you've had no good wrc drivers. you've had no good touring car drivers.
as i said, your car culture is laughable and nobody takes you seriously.

I live in one of the most mountainous states in America. I drive manual.

Fuck off europoor

well done. you're the exception that proves my point.

This doesn't change the fact Golf is a grocery getter and not a sports car.

Oh boy, this should be good...time to get comfy and watch this euroanon get assblasted at everything and act like a macho man...

It's a sportscar compared to the 1L shitboxes eurocucks usually drive.

>you've had no good f1 drivers
Answer: Who is Mario Andretti

you're the one who is assblasted.
name one good american car manufacturer? you can't.
name one good american driver? you can't.
name one good american race circuit? you can't.

as i said, your car culture has no pedigree, class, value or substance.

You gotta a lot of nerve making those statements boy...

>name one good american car manufacture
Ford has created some of the most recognizable cars in history you dumb bloke plus the Mustang is the #1 selling sports car right now in the world.

>name one good american driver
I can name several: Mario Andretti, Rick Mears, Al Unser, Dan Gurney, and there're more than that.

>name one good american race circuit
Are you fucking retarded? Lemme spell it out for you, L-A-G-U-N-A S-E-C-A plus there's Watkin's Glen, Lime Rock, Willow Springs and Circuit of the Americas

Good try dumb Europoor...

I live in Vermont, all mountain twisties, and trust me the gti is not an enthusiast car. You obviously own one, or wish to own which is why you are so offended by this, but seriously they are just boring.

American car """"culture""""" is basically dudebrahs and spics driving about in Mustangs / Camaros / Challengers (with autoboxes lmao) and rednecks coalrolling people from the safety of trucks that handle like bricks. Then fat american retards have the nerve to brag about putting large engines in cars as if it thats something thats difficult to do and mock european cars for not all having V8s because we have roads that require handling and skill to navigate, you are all pathetic automotive phillistines who will never have the sophistication and raw driving skill required to appreciate cars like the Golf GTI, there is a reason we watch WRC and F1 in Europe whereas obese shart in mart ameriturds watch Nascar. The fact that regular European cars like Mercedes and BMW are desirable "luxury" brands in the USA just sums it up, here in Belgium mercedes are for middle eastern taxi drivers. Ameican "car" manufacturers don't even bother exporting their trash to Europe because we wouldn't fall for your cheap shit, the only US manufactuers in Europe are Ford and GM who have separate, European designed and built models for our market. Even your luxury brands like cadillac look and handle like fat nameless soulless appliances, which sums up the entirity of American culture and American people. TL;DR you should all fucking kill yourselves

>we wouldn't fall for your cheap shit
come back when you idiots aren't paying 80 grand for mustang GT

>Falling for this shit tier bait.

>t. buttblasted eurocuck

Chill out Muhammad, at least you still have the most extreme motorsport of truck dodging.

havent seen a single one of those trashboxes in europe apart from my trip to england where I saw one, no surprise considering brits are basically american-lites and just about ugly enough, fat enough and stupid enough to drive the same kind of cars as americans

pretending to be retarded is still behaving like a retard

mk6 GTI owner here,

stock, it is esentially a grocery getter with red stripes. i love mine but the handling is not sports car tier. i like to think of it as the fastest of slow cars, or slowest of fast cars (for modern cars at least)

mine has coils and an ecu tune but it is still in about the same league as a v6 camaro/mustang

Underrated post

oh shit where can I get an EDGY bar

>F1
>Can't overtake in corners anymore
>Copying designs from IndyCar to fix it

Also stealing this nigga from you

At your local American gas station next to the Monster Energy boxes with Ken Block's face on them.

I own a Audi S4 and the steering is so numb and disconnected in that car. My Honda and my previous Subaru sti had such good feed back. Considering VW owns audi I can see where they get it from.

Camaro V6 is pretty legit now senpai. 335hp 0-60 4.9 and 250lbs lighter than previous gen.

But yeah it is in the same leagud as a V6 stang no doubt

>American car """"culture"""""
>spics