(((Resprays)))

hey Veeky Forums, just got an estimate for an entire (not including under hood and door jams) respray at a local body shop for my 07 Civic Si.

quoted me at 4k but car's only valued at 8k

what do, i love my 8th gen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fb_HzP7YMTM
youtu.be/xeSGBvwRkSg
forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/diy-painting-your-car-with-rollers.76882/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Find a better shop, it souldnt be more than a grand

Spray it yourself, it won't look professional but it will still look better than that

??? $4k pesos?

youtu.be/fb_HzP7YMTM

Do that yourself

Or do this

youtu.be/xeSGBvwRkSg

Second is obviously better, but first is easier

>That much peeling after 10 years
AHASHAHAAHAH

Also, that price includes all prep like sanding the original paint and blocking the primer.
You can do that yourself if you want to save money and actually care.

But it's just a civic..

4k should get you a pretty decent paint job.
It all depends on if your a car enthusiest or if your a stupid normie beemer fag if youre gonna throw away the car or restore it. New cars are throw away cars. Old cars get painted by collectors. Thats on you , fag.

lot of factors come into play like type of paint you want, how much surface damage they need to fix before spraying and various other little details. cheap maaco paint job will run you about a grand or so, nicer job done with care and quality work/materials will run you several thousand. see if any shop will do just a discounted respray if you can prep the car yourself first

These only look good from 20 feet dude. You can't see paint accurately in a video.
Spraying outside rofl. That will turn out so fucking bad with tons of dust that has to be sanded out.
Ricers please stop.

On a track car.. sure.. doesn't matter. If you actually give a fuck about aesthetic paint then you need to pay, there's no way around it.

Worst comes to worse just wrap the whole car, it'll be $2k ish total for entire car including jambs.

The second one isn't bad at all for a DIY job. The first is sketchy.

>maaco
fuck off dude. maaco is only acceptable if you do literally every single step except pull the trigger on the paint gun and ask them to 3 coat clear so you can sand out all their mistakes.

Also if maaco quoted you 1000 their fucking you in the ass. but maybe its a function of being close to a major speedway and all of the car related stuff in my area driving paint prices down, Ive had 4 cars painted locally for less than 2000 in down drafted paint booths by pros

This is like the 20th thread about paint this week.
How do you fags keep fucking up your paint this bad?

why the fuck are they in there with no masks? no one told that girl she's literally breathing in asbestos tier poison? jesus I hate this fucking channel.

Honda does a shit job with their paint, I did a shit job with my maintenance

wombo combo

>"But it's just a civic"

Show us poor fags some respect, please

Any paint job worth paying for will start at a few grand.

what the fuck
My car isn't even 4 grand
Why the fuck is paint 4 grand
what the hell

So buy a gun, compressor, sanding equipment and a gazebo to do it yourself.

Are you ranting or asking a genuine question?

Both

Paint costs money, apparatus to spray costs money, prepping labour costs money, labour during painting costs money, etc.

Just because you car costs 4k doesn't mean the cost of materials and labour scales accordingly like this is Hogwarts school of spraycraft and enamelgy.

wow thank you for that incredibly general and non specific answer.
I totally would not like to know more about what specifically makes a 200$ paint gun, some illegal making below min wage, and a bucket of bear all in one primer and coat cost four thousand fucking dollars.

why not paint it yourself, just grab a buck of paint and a brush

Sounds like you know enough to differentiate between doing it right and getting Uncle Bob the drunken village rapist to blast your car with piss.

Silly bugger.

i work at a paintshop as a mechanic, if i pay for the paint (around 80€ a liter) not including employee rebate i just pay a kebab to my paintfag coworker and shits done, prep work is easy to do as long as you know what the surface needs to feel like (protip it needs to be smooth) so do it yourself cunt. and 4k for a complete paintjob is too much, try half that for a proper one and at most 3k (that is, if you want a different color.) if you want to respray in the same color then it should be around 1k

>$200 paint gun
Atomization, distribution of material (Think garden hose jet vs mist difference), adaptability and aftermarket support. There's a reason why Devilbiss is the industry standard.
>Some illegal
He could be the best painter in the world or the worst, he's just there to spray shit on panels.
>all in one job
Ask any painter, prep is the measure to what your final reveal has potential for. If you do a shit prep, you might cut your quality of the finish by half, no matter how well your quality after prepping is. Adding to that variable is paint quality. Quality of paint, mixing, activation, blah blah.

People that can do all that competently command a higher price. Even guys doing some savage under the table mates rates will still charge as much if not more than your illegal immigrant just because of the labour and materials involved.

Depends on the currency (4k euro is pretty heavy), how much you can do yourself, the paint/panel quality beforehand etc.

Don't forget that these quotes are drive in drive out, none of that mates rates discount.

ASK ANY PAINTER. ANY REAL PAINTER

IT DONT MATTER IF UR SPRAYING AN INCH OR A MILE. SPRAYING IS SPRAYING

loan a compressor, buy a hlvp gun, rotary sander and other sanding equipment.
Buy pvc tubes, box fan and build a spray booth in your garage.

SINGLE STAGING, NOT BASE AND CLEARCOATING LIKE YOU SHOULD BE. You're lucky that 100 shot of activator didn't blow the welds on your intake.

lol ya and get overspray all over my garage and driveway and house. no thanks.

That's why you build a spray booth, you inattentive fucking mong.

>he thinks paint doesnt get out
it goes right through the filters its gets fucking everywhere.

TWO filters.

For $4,000 I hope they are patching rust holes too

Wrap it or dip it.

Or just sand it down and spray paint it yourself. It's a civic. Don't waste too much money on an a to b machine.

you asked for a method and I suggested one, no reason to be a dick.
Other options is to rent a spraying booth but that will cost a lot more.
Either do a pvc booth and get more filters/higher density foam as a filter or roll the paint and enjoy sanding the paint to get it perfect. You can also take the booth outside if you don't live in a windy place.
If you are planning on doing something with enamels or rustoleum I'd suggest you avoid anything non UV resistant and most of rustoleum isn't UV resistant. People suggest using marine grade 2k paint which has UV resistance but I suggest you try ppg indsutrial coating. PPG offers industrial grade 2k epoxy primers and polyurethane coatings which are great for protecting against corrosion and uv resistant, can be applied by rollers or spray guns. Also look for rustoleum noxyde to protect the underside of your car from rust, corrosion of any sorts and rocks/physical damage. They have high gloss, yes it will never be shinny like car paint but it will protect your car for years if you prepare the car as needed

Truthfully, it's the deer that keep jumping out in front of me. ;_;

1. Not true
2. It's a shitbox, OP isn't probably isn't looking for a high quality, premium paint job.

Next repaint in 2 years
LOL

>Tfw just paid maaco 1k to paint my car
>going to get it Monday
Oh fug

Who the fuck collects 07 civics?

I collect neons, we all have our thing

I gotta see this

>first is easier

It seems it depends on how nice you want it. I haven't looked super far into it as I was curious after seeing that video just now, but this: forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/diy-painting-your-car-with-rollers.76882/ guy breaks it down using a roller. It came out really really nice but took the guy 2 1/2 months to finish the entire thing. Obviously he was meticulous about it compared to the guys in the video.

Honestly if your paint job looks as bad as OP, you want to do a cheap job and you don't want to spend a whole lot of time on it (few days tops if you go slow), go to Walmart, buy those paint cans they sell for $.98 a few cans of clear, wet sand pad and wet sanding paper and for about ~$20 bucks you can have a better looking car then the OP if you take your time with it. No it's not going to look professional, not it's not going to look amazing, but it will for certain look better than fading shit.

If you want it to look perfect, prepare to spend money. Don't bother with Maaco, as you're going to need to do all the prep work yourself for it to look even remotely good after they paint it. At that point, 99.9% of legit body shops will paint your car if you do all the prep work yourself and just have them spray it. It'll cost even less if you buy your own paint too. It would cost me about $3,000 to get my Accord repainted if the shop my friend works at was to do all the work. They quoted me for about $300 if I did all the work and supplied my own paint. HUGE difference. It just takes time and people don't have that or know how to do it.

If you have a decent spray gun you can achieve great work especially after you sanded and buffed the clear coat.

Just a respray? Fuck that. Go to Maaco.

okay? no one said otherwise.

I don't keep pictures of them but really you can get a neon for 500 if you try. I started just looking for parts for the one neon I had, ended up with a running parts car, then a manual neon, then an older neon, and one more + an srt4 engine that I want to drive fast. Spent maybe 2500 on the whole collection, 1 not running and one running poorly

Find a guy on craigslist.

He'll do it better than you could as a first timer
You won't waste an entire week sanding, resanding, and sanding again (or more if you buy real paint that takes longer to dry than acrylic) or kill yourself with 2k urethane

Shouldn't be more than a grand or two. Smaller cars, single panels, and bikes run even less.

fucking THIS

my car has a gigantic paint run on the side that's extremely noticeable, fuck MAACO

When he says he collects neons he means he has 3 piece of shit broken down neons littering his yard.

There's a recall on Honda paint from these years.