Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740

/rpgmg/ Discord:
discord.gg/CPvWzJK
Chain Game: Chapter 1
dropbox.com/s/p7ljbsji7tqgdxa/CollabProj.zip?dl=0
Chapter 2 in progress | BSTAnon

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_World,_My_Way_(video_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=In-HBBpzeGo
mediafire.com/file/92dvc3zs97zqro2/TestExecutable.7z
dropbox.com/s/2jukqyi1qxu7dx9/The Invasion of Invention Island.zip?dl=0
youtu.be/vup13fghOMA
mediafire.com/file/8895gsl1w3dd9hw/SLOT512.zip
mediafire.com/file/0gri59mq4ahci1e/RPG_RT.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Happy #200 guys

Don't let this one die, it's special. There's going to be at LEAST five new games released in this thread.

I released one a short bit ago that has nothing to do with RPG Maker, I've been thinking of making my next one in this.
Big fan of those nip not-RPG horror-adventure games. And I mean that entirely seriously, for some reason they're just comfy to play.

>Can't figure out a problem
>Hours of trying to fix it
>Nothing works

This is a stage of hell, I know it.

LIVE 200, LIVE!

What's the problem?

Do characters with green/pink/blue hair fit into a grimngritty setting?

Depends. That's more a question of aesthetic than tone.
Odd-colored hairs are indicative of a more fantastic/outlandish aesthetic, which can be part of a grim-gritty setting.

Okay so check it out, I asked about this once before and i thought i fixed it because it was working but it turns out i was wrong and every actor has the ability.

What i want is a class specific skill achieved at a certain level to give the class a passive % chance of attacking 2 times instead of just once when using a regular attack.

I thought i had it when i set a state up with the Weapon Unleash plugin and then used the Passive states plugin to add the weapon unleash state to a skill as a passive effect. This however didn't work because creating the weapon unleash state forces all battles to start in this state thus every character in the battle has a 10% chance of triggering the Double Attack skill when i want it to specifically effect only 1 class regardless of what actor has that class equipped. So Harold would equip Warrior at level 10 and unlock the 10% Double Attack passive skill only while Warrior is equipped.

I'm thinking instead of classes I'll need to use separate actors instead so something like Harold(Warrior)
Harold(Healer)
Harold(Mage)
etc.
And each one would have their own actor specific passive

But's that's not optimal. I'd prefer to use classes.

Literally, the first companion of the main character in Berserk is a blue-haired, annoying fairy-boy - so yeah, it can work in a dark setting.

I think that the appearance of the characters doesn't make the setting grim and dark, but their actions do. There can be a character that looks totally ridiculous but still do a lot of dark stuff.

Apparently the last thread got the axe, so I'm going to re-post my last message there.

Have the anons who expressed their interest in placing through this → made any progress, or want to share their thoughts on it?

On an unrelated note, I recently received RPG Maker VX Ace and RPG Maker XP as a gift on Steam. I haven't worked with an RPG Maker engine since RPG Maker 2003, so I have a few questions.

RPG Maker VX Ace is the newer version of the two, and the one I should use, right? How long do you think it would take to learn the ins and outs of VX Ace as someone who knew 2003 very well?

Puck is flawless.

Ask Shadowrun, where people dye their hair and cut it in odd ways just to be different. That works because it's a lifestyle, but if you're just covering one aspect (say, spec ops or the military) then perhaps reconsider

I can't tell about 2003, but I myself went to VX Ace after some time of working with XP and, after learning a few nuances, I got used to it pretty quickly and now it's my favourite version of RPG Maker.

If you remember how events, switches and variables work and get use to the default sprite sizes - you will probably learn how to use it very quickly.

How the fuck do I make a warrior interesting?

My Ranger has stances to swap between and mechanics to manage and my Mage is entirely a gimmick class based around Blue Mage mechanics.

Make him hit things harder until he hits hard enough to be interesting.

You could try removing the Item and Defend commands from his action menu.

It's all in passive states and reaction abilities.
First strike, Counter, Double strike, Bloodlust, Cover.

Sacrifice, Martyr, Kamikaze; stuff where you can't revive during battle but does huge damage or permanent buffs for teammates.

Alternatively the warrior receives buffs depending on the condition of his teammates.

Mercy - charms enemies with low health to fight for you. Dispels when damaged.

I can't do that, the game is supposed to be rather difficult and denying items would be brutal with the system I have.

I did stances for the Ranger. I can easily get the cover for support, didn't think of First Strike and Double strike. This might be the mentality I needed. Thank you.

Have you tried adding a 0cost ability that has a 10% chance of hitting twice?

Not optimal, but maybe better than multiple actors.

I can't seem to find a cursor memory script for VX Ace. I could have sworn that existed.

Having to re-navigate to each command every time in battle is really annoying.

Put voice acting in your game and every time he attacks make him say something outrageous

Seems just as messed up as my idea.

bump

Thanks! Looking forward to digging into it a bit. The nitty gritty tends to be half the fun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_World,_My_Way_(video_game)

Just posting a game that might ispire someone to develop a unique game.

bump

Oh man, I remember this game.
It's somewhere in my closet collecting dust, I never got around to finishing it.

Unfortunately uniqueness alone does not a good game make.

Still working on this, I'll update when i figure it out.

Okay i really don't understand. Why does a custom state i make activate at the start of every battle but the other states like the poison state just sits there until something triggers it? What am i doing wrong here? This is really pissing me off.

Im in a lot of pain and everything feels hopeless and awful and I don't know why buwt all I'm doing is crying and searching the web aimlessly and I can't bring myself to do anything f else

What do I do
S

I need help

I like RPGs

Progress update on the collab:

I was stupid and tried to make a really complicated way of making sure a two tile pillar stayed together whilst being pushed. It was becoming untenable so I just changed it to a rolling rock.

Prepare for block puzzles.

What's wrong user?

Like, physical or emotional pain?

If it's the former, go the hospital you dingwad
If it's the latter, welcome to /rpgmg/

Deep emotional pain. I don't want to get out of bed.

there is a very, very good reason to get out of bed:

phoneposting sucks, post on your laptop/pc.

allow me to remind you the industry has gone to shit and we are the last hope.

Low and behold this qt beefly, she loves to play video games and wants to play your game and become your fangirl! You dont want to upset the beefly do you user? You can't let her down!

Figured out why this was happening to me. the Yanfly Auto Passive States plugin is bugged or something. It forces any states i create into passive states that are active all the time but it shouldn't be doing it. The plugin is supposed to turn states into passives only if you choose to make them passives.

It's all pointless. No one cares about indie games especially rpg maker games. Especially terrible ones. No one cares.

2/10 of my favorite games are rpgm games. I legit put them up as high as monster hunter.

You should play some RPGs, I think!

I know it's hard to break out of your routine or do anything at all when you're feeling down, but maybe if you force yourself to start up a game you've never played before, your worries can take the backseat for a bit.

Talk to other people when you're feeling lonely or cooped up. Or play an RPG Maker game and then talk to us about it. Maybe even play one of our games?

Just stay on-topic, please! These generals can get easily derailed.

Every time I drop by to visit /rpgmg/ there's depressing talk that usually devolves into not living life to its fullest or wanting suicide or something.

Every damn time.

No one will care what I make even if I had talent. Which I don't. I lost all my passion too

well, i'm glad you worked that out. but do you have an actual way to get the effect you want?

one method that comes to mind:
- make a dummy version of the fighter class that includes the chance to add the +attacks state on attack
- in the class-changing code, have it automatically upgrade you to the dummy version if it's at the level you get the passive at
- make the state just wear off at end of turn, I guess

although, does adding the state on the first attack cause it process the second? i dunno if the engine checks that dynamically.

well.....of course not. Nobody cares about the first 5 games you make. Only a few care about the first 10. But people DO care if "you made 10 games". That's a starting point, not talent, not the limpfisted "passion" that gets thrown around by flakes and scammers.

I love terrible RPG Maker games. It's just so cozy playing a shitty little game made by one person who is probably a lot like you. I think I've played a little over 100 RPG Maker games now.

>Bought NieR Automata to play on the weekend
>Ended up playing amateurish 2k3 games I found on rpgmaker.net instead

Anyways, if even ONE human being likes a game I made enough to beat it, I'm happy. I don't think anyone in this thread is trying to make a living off making RPG Maker games.

Sshhhh. It's ok. You're just experiencing thrall withdrawal. Mindflayers have seduced you with purpose. The ones behind contests, challenges, and suggestive posts.
They feed you suggestions, then they feed off your mental energy. It feels good, until they stop. And then they leave you wandering in search of inspiration again. And once you've recovered, another Mindflayer latches on and sucks you off.
There's a reason you don't know what to do. Escape their lair, and you'll start having pure thoughts again. Then you must fight the Mindflayer's conditioning. You'll be tempted to go back to them with you're new ideas so they can succ you.

Mindflayers are cool.

I wish more fantasy RPGs incorporated monster races as playable characters. You get a wolf-man at best, if you're lucky.

>Reject him.
>He only wants you to feel bad.
>Stay with us.
>You'll have not purpose or meaning outside.
>Play RPGs
>develop a unique game.
>Mindflayer's are cool
>BUMP

???
Did you not look at the help file for the plugin itself?

If you don't want said state to be passive all the time, you have to put the conditions into the notebox.

If you don't put conditions, of course it'll be on all the time.

Send a screenshot of your class' notebox?

Final Fantasy Legend says hi. In all 3 Game Boy installments, your party can take the form of any monster in the game. Stats and skills included

Yes indeed, but fuck clams.

One of my characters lacks any motivation whatsoever to join the quest. How do I come up with one?

Oh yeah, I love those games. I think I had this exact exchange with (probably) you like 10 threads ago.

It'd still be cool if there were more modern RPGs where sentient monsters had plot-important roles and stuff. I'd love to see a high-budget game where no two PCs were the same race.

I'd like something like Dragon Quest V where you can recruit about any monster class, but without your monsters ending up sidestepped later in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=In-HBBpzeGo

Don't leave us hanging, user, name those games!

Would help if we knew anything about the quest and the character!

If you want your story to be 'good' sometimes you have to throw away pointless character ideas that you just don't know where to fit.

But we're talking about RPGs here, and amateur ones at that. Any excuse plot will do for extraneous party members. Maybe he secretly has the hots for one of the waifu characters in the party, or he wants to get rich and famous for saving the world.

There are characters in AAA RPGs that follow you all the way to hell for less.

I forced everybody to play it for the podcast, so maybe you did. It's the smartest way to make use of limited GB resources. Modern devs wish they could balance that well

: ^ )

So what you're saying is the plugin automatically turns all of my custom states into passive states unless i go into each state and add a variable or switch trigger turning it off until i need it passive?

I don't really understand how it works. How do i turn off the state until i add it to a skill? It's just always on no matter what. No notetags used. Turn the plugin on? All of my states are passive. Turn it off and they act normally.

...what?
...did you set your passive states to be global? You're not supposed to set a state to be globally passive unless you want everything to have that state.

You put the passive state on the notebox of the skill that gets learned at level 10. Anything with that skill gets the passive state turned on.

There's also conditional lines that make it so passive states only go active when conditions are met (example: HP below 50%, Level above 10, etc.)

Could you just take a screenshot of the skill in question, or the class, or whatever you did in the plugin manager? I mean, I think the help file within the plugin itself explains it pretty well, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what you did.

>Faraway Story
for the story and for being something between reccetear and atelier while being slightly less silly than both
now if only it completed its part 2...

>Nocturne: Rebirth
pretty standard story, but VERY polished. Literally just running around looks cool and feels fast. Combat is neat and allows control over becoming stronger while incentivizing limited level runs. The system is pretty balanced and actually not super hard, seeing as I managed to solo the entire game when the party can become as big as 4. Bonus Boss and Bonus Boss mk. 2 was amazing.
loot drop system sucks ass, though

If we're posting favorite RPG Maker games, I really like Gingiva and Wadanohara for their bizarreness and cuteness respectively (both have less-than-stellar gameplay, though).

And Capella's Promise is my favorite RPG Maker game in terms of gameplay, it's got a good randomized loot system, good postgame and fighting random trash mobs feels kind of rewarding since they add to a counter that makes bonus bosses spawn in that specific area.

Okay so this is the default plugin settings. I haven't touched them. By default all my states are passive. However if i add the notetag to the state it will turn the state off until my class is level 15. I don't know why the default for the plugin is fucked up.

With the notetag there, At level 15 i always double attack. All classes at 15 will double attack.

Did anyone play Master of the Wind?
It was a RMXP game broken into 7 parts.
In retrospect, the maps were terrible. And it used a lot of sound tracks from stuff like Naruto (which I hadn't seen then)

But what made it fun was it's episodic format. Cliff hangers and side-quests that would tease the next installment. I remember people creating fan theories about who the hooded character was.
I'd play each part at my Grandma's where I only had my laptop and no internet.

>have a level condition
>not having a class condition

Well for your situation, that's what you overlooked. You have to restrict it to only that class, else everyone that's higher than level 15 will get it.

What I would do is make the passive skill, have it be never usable, then attach the passive state to that skill. Then just make the skill learnable at the appropriate level for the appropriate class.

I feel like this is the intended way to do passive learned skills. I can't help you on Weapon Unleash though, but hopefully part of your problem is solved.

Do you happen to know how to add multiple conditions?

I can either use if (user.level > x) or if (user.currentClass().id == x) but if i could add both conditions for the true condition i think part of my issue would be solved.

I figured it out, Javascript is very logical.

if (user.currentClass().id == 2 && user.level > 15) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}

I haven't worked on my game since my new job. I want to jump back into it but I also want to make some smaller games too. I want to do the Weekend Jam but I work the whole weekend so I can't ever make it in time.

How short can an RPGM game be for this thread to play it?

10 minutes.

Test Executable
mediafire.com/file/92dvc3zs97zqro2/TestExecutable.7z

This was made in the span of 48 hours, and people still played it.

I couldn't finish that game. the last boss is literally impossible. I was doing over 100 damage every single turn for 15 minutes and I couldn't beat him.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll be sure to move his heal skill to a lower priority and re-release it when I fixed all my gripes with it.

It's not perfect and i still have things to fix but after all the effort i put into it i finally got this far. The double attack weapon unleash that has a 40% chance to activate that you can only do if you're a level 15 Warrior class.

Everything else about that game was spot on. It took a little bit to get used to the terms and how things work but if you've ever played a modernish rpg, it's easy to figure out. I really liked it, just the last(i assume) boss never dies. I don't get how he can heal for 20 while I do over 100 damage and he still never dies.

>Haven't done any work on game in so long I completely forgot about the shootout mechanics I was working on

Should I... just give up?

I like you. I ended up doing the same thing, I've been having too much fun playing random RPG Maker games recently.
Do you have Discord or Steam?

bump

While the puzzles in OneShot are not hard by any means the solutions for them is some kind of witchcraft. We have a generated .txt file in Documents, dragging your game window around to reveal a code and even a .exe you need to start which will show you pictures according to the map you are at in game.
How did they do that?

bump

Only if you've lost interest/passion in the project.

My game jam game is complete!
Get it here:

dropbox.com/s/2jukqyi1qxu7dx9/The Invasion of Invention Island.zip?dl=0

There are 4 endings total, one of which requires you to have all 6 documents before beating the final boss.

The game was designed to make you feel pressed for time, how I felt making the game :)

It's been an intense 48 hours but I think you'll all love the game. I put a lot of work and a ton of love into it.

Please play it! Let me know if you like it and any feedback you may have!

Let's do this again sometime! Happy #200!

>4 endings

Jesus...

Good job! I couldn't even finish my jam game in 48 hrs... Downloading!

Thanks! This is literally the most that I could possibly do in 48 hours. I feel sick, time to lay down now lol

Good night bump

it is no time to die just yet...

If the thread is on the verge of death constantly, maybe it's time for this general to quietly pass away.

Congrats, will give it a go later.

It just came to my mind, any of you fags that want to sell their game doing some sort of anti-piracy or anti-cheat in your game?
And i don't mean only things that stop people from playing, but also stuff like easter eggs,etc.

Pic unrelated.

There's going to be a secret sex scene that's only going to be accessible in the legit version

Nope, i dont plan any anti-piracy.

Nae, same product for everyone. Not everyone has dough.

I'll bump it. Just this once.

Gonna ask again since last thread is dead:

Hey guys, remember when we interviewed the GLITCHED devs back in August?

youtu.be/vup13fghOMA

They're getting close to releasing their new public demo, and we're interviewing them this Saturday to catch up with them and track their progress. Anybody got questions for some successful Kickstarter devs?

HI guys
I made a simple slotgame with RM2k3tw

game file
mediafire.com/file/8895gsl1w3dd9hw/SLOT512.zip

the exe for 2k3tw games
mediafire.com/file/0gri59mq4ahci1e/RPG_RT.exe

Nice, Definitely giving it a try.

Okay so I am trying (emphasis on trying) to make a cut-in of a character over the text box for important conversations. However something is off and I dont know what it is, I dont have anyone else I can ask because they will all just tell me it looks fine even if I made a scribble. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with it so I can fix it?

his left shoulder/torso is bigger than his right. The body isn't slanted enough to justify the difference in perceived size.

Aside from that, I couldn't really say.

This fix it or did you mean my left?

Make the head a little smaller. JUST a little.

better, yes. I don't see anything wrong or "off" now. head is a bit big? Sometimes that's deliberate, though.

Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it.

Thoughts on the /rpgmg/ podcast?