/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Spent too much time in Horsecock Valley:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

old monk was a mistake

I have a feeling Miyazaki read Uzumaki sometime during the development process of this DLC.

old monk was a masterpiece

Just beat the DLC. Took me about 7 hours (some of which was pvp), and I didn't summon once.

Solid 8/10 for me. Not as good as ToH, but at least right now I'm confident in saying that gameplay-wise it's easily the second best DLC From has done so far. The music and presentation are just fantastic as well.
It's a damn shame about the way it ends, but for me that doesn't drag the gameplay down.
I also thought it was extremely fitting that Patches is the only one to make it with us to the very end, and I thought his final betrayal and monologue was a great send off, especially considering that ultimately he got the last laugh. Having the Miyazaki analogue be with the player right until end of the series was a good decision.

Truth be told, I had fun, /dsg/. I'll miss you guys if this general ever dies.

Thanks for reading my blog post

How do you get Lapp's armour?

Fuck you.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

>futzing around in Demon Ruins
>invaded!
>fuck it, go wait for the invader at the worm spot
>he's taking forever
>well, I'm not going to bother letting him get the drop on me while I'm fighting other shit, so if he wants a trial of patience he's got it
>forever and a half later
>I hear the sound of the ballista cranking up
>phantom has returned to their own world
>oh you motherfucker
>you absolute motherfucker
I kinda have to admire the sheer assholeness, but still, mfw

So would Lorefags be happy if Gael's healthbar changed to say PUPPET OF THE DARK SOUL -GAEL in the final phase?

This area is comfy!

I'm at 120 pure strength build and plan to go up to 150, what should I invest in? Could I do faith? Would it be worth it?

I killed Gael but I never met Lapp. Can I still do his questline?

No

Didn't know this was a thing

i want it to say Cuck Soul

just stick to the obvious cover while they're firing and jump down the right side path
It's not that hard desu

You might be right, he also watched Shin Godzilla.

FINALLY fucking solo'd Mildir on NG+3 after I don't know how many goddamn times.

Boss fights used to give me a feeling of accomplishment. Now I just feel glad I got the shit out of the way already.

>mfw I forgot to give Ludleth the Transposition shit to get boss weapons this playthrough
>mfw he is dead and cannot interact with him until next NG cycle

I never thought you can make a fight against an old bearded man so cool.

Not even. I mean the boss fight with him was fun, but like others said, he felt like the Artorias of the DLC as in the penultimate boss. It just doesn't feel right. Like something was missing.

Complete his storyline.

SL40 +3 on PC, trying to beat dancer so I can get through to Oiceros and get the moonlight greatsword. Anyone willing to help? I'll pay in (you)s.

Pass is dsg

>stupid angels that's literally there to artificially increase the DLC length for the first playthrough
>damage sponge giants you need to plunge attack 50 different times because "rook we made new animation"
>HP sponge bosses ESPECIALLY in NG++ and higher to make hardcore players think the DLC was longer so they dont complain
>2 voicelines for an ending
>just paint a new world in the ruined world dood, it's up to your intrepetation not us leaving a chance to make a new Dark Souls 10 years later when our other IPs fail

Miyazaki shills that started Soulsbornes with BB will defend this and call me a DS2fag

xth for Midir is #1

Jesus fuck, why is gael such a tank?

*blocks your path*
Heh... You came to the wrong neighbourhood... kid...
*unsheads dual greatswords*
*slowwalks towards you*
*gets backstabbed into oblivion*

>mfw I forgot to give Ludleth the Transposition shit to get boss weapons this playthrough

are you me

I mean I needed to go to another cycle to get the other boss weapons but fuck me

Gave painter the blood anything else after this?
Isn't gael supposed to have a thire phase?

>Get halfway across bridge
>Drop down off of circle bit onto ledge below
>Go around ledge
>Up ladder
>Prepare buffs
>Run up to giant
>Past him and down stairs
>Wait for archers to despawn
>Wait for melee ghosts to spawn on stairs
>Rush giant
>Hit him a few times
>There's a grave Stone in front of him and to the right a bit
>Hide from archers he summons in front of him
>Beware of melee ghost while waiting
>Run out once archers go away
>Hit
>Repeat until you win

>mfw he is dead and cannot interact with him until next NG cycle
I can feel your feels.
>I need spells
>I want invade in DLC
>NG+3

What are the motivations of the pygmies (if any)? Are they for or against the Dark Age? If they're for, they sure don't seem to be doing much about it given they seem quite content to be tucked away in the city.

Is it still canon that consuming hueg souls makes you hueg?

You guys weren't bullshitting me. What the fuck

Gael needed to either go Pus of Man at some point, or have the Dark Soul itself come out of him and start a second boss fight.

Give me tips on how to find the angel summoners.

Same. God fucking dammit I rushed NG+ just for the DLC and realized way too late that I didnt give Ludleth the kiln.

>touch some egg
>get sent somewhere, no one knows what is going on
>she is dead
>go back to when you touched the egg
>she is gone

What did they mean by this? No seriously, what the fuck is going on?

But why did the young version disappear?

So her spell was going on over the entire world?

>Gave painter the blood anything else after this?
that it. the humanity thing & new covenant boss if you haven't

I would appreciate it as a token gesture at least, but that speaks less of how good a finale that would be and more or how little the DLC currently ties things up.

Spear of the Church is literally the most fun I've ever had with this game

It's not that far to turn the thing back off once you get the Old King's Antechamber bonfire. Just get past the fireball room gauntlet, run past some rats, run past the Basilisks, 1v1 the Black K***ht and then you just have some skeletons in your way.

It's a total of perhaps 3 enemies you absolutely have to fight (you can maybe skip the Black K***ht as well if you bait him to the other side of the bridge and then book it).

>each demon has like 10k life in NG+7
>demon prince has the same but takes something like 50% less damage

this is some horse shit

*ignites sword*

what is this called
pls

You can actually walk onto the rooftops in Normandy. You just have to look out for where the whores are.

the young version was sustained by the spell, and you broke it you dingus

Yes, because Gael became super hueg after an enternity of eating pygmies.

Did you not even glance at the file name?

Sadly that does nothing

me too. untrue dark plus painted guardian set. the moment they realize youre not AI is the best.

told you, you faguette

pls respond

you broke spell and got teleported to future somehow

Who would win in a fight?
Gael the Anime Superhero or Artorias the Edgelord?

How?

Yeah, I think they patched it in. Before only the boss arena was on fire.

So when you and Gael are fighting over the Dark Soul at the very edge of both time and space, would there theoretically be version of yourself and the firekeeper sitting around at wherever the Kiln happened to be upon the Dreg Heap's collapse, watching your past self fight?
>yo babe watch this sicc dodge, you'll love it, trust me?
>b-but shouldn't we go help yourself?
>nah I got this, trust me, I did it the first time and knowing me I'd just attack myself anyway.

thx

>this is how the saga of Dark Souls ends
>so many lose ends never tied up
>so many questions unanswered
>so much potential that will never be realized

Why

>Ariandel had nothing for me, aside from banging fashion
>Splitleaf Greatsword is less fun than the Champ
The dlc is shit
SHIIIT

>didn't start AoA before TRC
uhhhh...

The first one you can actually snipe from before the drop down. You see a beacon of light around him when he summons, that tells you that he's the source of your problems.

The second one isn't until you get near the bonfire before the area boss, so you have to put up with that angel until the end. The third one is on the far left side of the poison swamp, at the top of some roots and rooftops (you can get a clear shot at him with arrows too)

>find purging monument
>Tell Lapp its location
>Realize how much he sounds like Patches
Gee, I hope this doesn't bite me on the ass

uh what. press A.

Anyone go back to the beginning of the DLC after finishing it? Stone-hump Gramma is dead, and her ashes imply some stuff

>loose ends not tied up
MUH VELKA
MUH GWYNEVERE

>>>/youtube/

Based only on the movesets, Gael would floor Artorias. The fucker moves like Phase 2 Vordt but with insane range and almost no wind up to his attacks. That's only on Phase 1. Phase 2 Gael is fucking Van Helsing.

The sick gains of gael are the winners

Spoil me True Ending.

i dont see anything new to buy after handing over the ashes.

It's better that way, in all honesty.

>Alright awesome. I wonder what the awesome end result i-
Oh.
oh

>story in video games

My only major complaint with TRC is that there's nothing after Gael
Why do they even give you the dark blood if you don't actually get anything once you give it to the painter
I was honestly expecting one more boss to really end the game with a bang, since Gael didn't quite feel like the end, but I guess not

Why would you think any of these things would happen? Have you not learned by now how the series works?

I'm surprised you didn't realize by the time he started telling you about a treasure he convienantly didn't take for himself.

No, because one we've established that you're not actually at the end of time during that, and two because you are the instance of yourself that exists at the end of time from your time period.

Gael's buildup and the fight were great, but it doesn't feel like a proper "definitely final content of Souls series going out with a bang" ending. Nowhere near, say Soul of Cinder fight, the several ending cutscenes and credits roll music.

Painter should've given us some more closure considering how central of a character she was, but its just few lines of dialog amounting to simple thanks and her painting stays just as vague as it was when AoA was first announced. That is unless people find out it unlocks some super secret mindblowing shit.

Yeah, but two of the enemies you have to fight are those floaty shotel bastard skeletons. There is no other enemy in the game I have as much trouble with as those, their moves just completely throw me off.

>so many lose ends never tied up
>so many questions unanswered
its better this way to be honest
making sequels in the first place was a mistake

Literally just speak to him.

there's no ending. now youre spoiled.

after you kill Gael and give the painter the dark blood, is there anything else or is that the whole DLC?

>First invader didn't render in and was invisible
yeah, that was great

They didn't have enough time to scrub their DLC update of the cut DLC content. There's not going to be anything mindblowing in this one.

>No, because one we've established that you're not actually at the end of time during that
Who is "we" and I never remembered any such consensus, nor have I heard any alternatives

THE PRINCESS IS SLEEPING

KEEP IT DOWN

I can't wait to visit the Painted World of XxPu$$yK***htxX in Dark Souls 4!

Guys, guys. Anyone willing to put up a petition to have From release a Dark Soul boss fight?

Seriously, it just cant end like this.

>Isn't gael supposed to have a third phase?
He does, the third phase just doesn't have its own opening cutscene like the second one does. Third phase starts and his moveset changes when he blows up for the first time.

It's actually a crime that it took until the last DLC for From to put a weapon as fun as the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords in the game

Why'd they have to give the worst boss the best theme?

Anybody else notice that they only get summoned by warriors? I never get summoned by mages or clerics

I dont even 1v1 the knight, i just sit at the corner of the bridge and wait for him to attack, he falls down and has to run back up

its actually how I beat tsorig.

Same. Looks like she really did have nothing. Bravo From.

Yeah happened to me too
Also now there is angel patrolling in that area that doesn't attack unless you shoot it
I killed it with a bow, it doesn't respawn until you hit the bonfire, you also get nothing from it

Ok listen the fuck up, here's THE QUESTIONS for you.
What lore questions did this dlc answer?
We got told nothing new about the dark soul, or am i retarded? Gael just got fukked by it, so we man-moded this shit, and allowed the pale girl to draw a nwe world. That's it? That's the grand closure?

Also, does ending change (please for the love of god dont tell me how it changes, just yes/no is enough) and if so - which one of 3?

Who the hell is this artist?
I see hisher lewds all over the place

>threads moving to fast 3rd time I ask this reeeee
Katana or Sorcery from Midir when I'm dex/int?

This is better than some ridiculous fanservice ending where you fight Dark Gwyn the lord of the shadow cinder or some bullshit.

That said, i do think that Gael shouldn't have been the final boss, something else should've been the final boss, i don't know what though.