OBDII SCAN TOOLS

Anyone here owns scan tools? Could you give me any input on them?

>which one to get
>for how much money

I've been looking at a XXLTECH NX200 scan tool for 70eurodingerinos.

But it seems really dodgy to me (have expirience with cheapo electronics). So I have fixated on a Bosch OBD 150 scanner for 140€, which is kind of expensive.

>inb4 buy a ELM327 and fry your ECU

Also, car diagnostics thread

Other urls found in this thread:

scantool.net/scan-tools/smart-phone/obdlink-lxbt/
amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS/
amazon.com/Autel-AL519-AutoLink-Enhanced-Scan/dp/B007XE5LTG/ref=pd_sbs_263_13?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007XE5LTG&pd_rd_r=5780ACVH7S8V760C01RM&pd_rd_w=nhqh4&pd_rd_wg=Kmiyl&psc=1&refRID=5780ACVH7S8V760C01RM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought a cheap ass $20 off of Amazon. I've only used it a handful of times but it works well. I would imagine it would depend on what features you want and what all you're looking for. If you just want to pull/clear codes, you probably don't need to spend a lot of money.

/Thread unless you're trying to reprogram the ECU (in which case you'll need proprietary equipment from the car manufacturer itself) there's no reason a $20 Bluetooth unit won't do what you need it to.

Problem with these ELM327s is, how much I've read about them, the newer version V2.1.

They also tend to be a copy of a copy of another shit-tier copy, that doesnt't work.

>proprietary equipment
Shit dude, that's 500€ + territory here. I'm not buying a Bosch KTS.

I bought a Mactools obdII reader for about 250 canadian...truck i bought had a srs code up, it didn't connect correctly but i was able to punch in the truck data and everything came up on the reader...
Good purchase...not one of these $20 amazon throwaways...

$7 Bluetooth OBDII adapter from China
+ free Android apps

>250 canadian
Google tells me thats 165€.

Shit, I just need it to check the computer on my old Fiat

Got elm for 3$ from AliExpress, now I'm ripping my friends off for deleting their codes kek

All the dongles that look like pic related and like are all literally the same product. They have the exact same chip inside. They just put them in different moldings and put different stickers on them. Find the cheapest one.

I had an ELM327 but it failed after two uses. So I bought a plug in one off Amazon for $17-. Then I use google to research the codes.

Any car it didn't work on?
Also
>wiping codes
They do know that if it is a fault that the CEL light light will keep coming on, right?

Nope they aren't. Read up that the 2.1 version just doesn't work most times.

It works on most cars 2001+ except some VAG because on them you need vag cable.
They know that it's their fault but it's cheaper to erase a code than fix an actual thing. Most of it it's catalytic converter failure because catless exhaust.

I have an ELM327 v2.1 but it's unreliable, frequent disconnects etc...

What's a better cheap Bluetooth dongle?
Preferably available on Gearbest / DealExtreme / AliExpress

OBDLink LX

scantool.net/scan-tools/smart-phone/obdlink-lxbt/

Is there a reason to get one of these, so you don't have to play with shift software and maybe can do things with it other than pull codes?

amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS/

>professional

>>inb4 buy a ELM327 and fry your ECU
Buy a reputable elm327 clone like this

I think when I get some spare cash Im going to do a video on these things. People fall really hard for the packaging meme when it comes to these things. "This sticker is prettier so it must be better." "This one cost twice as much so it must be better." The hardware inside is exactly the same with the exception of how you connect to it.

How do you scan a car that doesnt have an obd2 port?

my 97 prelude just has the blue 2pin + 3pin connectors.
i know you can jump the 2 pin to get error codes from the engine light, but whats the deal with the 3pin?
is that for disagnostics?

Thoughts on this?

amazon.com/Autel-AL519-AutoLink-Enhanced-Scan/dp/B007XE5LTG/ref=pd_sbs_263_13?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007XE5LTG&pd_rd_r=5780ACVH7S8V760C01RM&pd_rd_w=nhqh4&pd_rd_wg=Kmiyl&psc=1&refRID=5780ACVH7S8V760C01RM

Reviews seem good, a lot better than the INNOVA ones I was looking at. Dad wants a code reader for his work trucks and occasional personal use. He's not really good with using apps and would prefer it all in a handheld device so if he asks one of his employees to clear a code he doesn't have to hand over his phone or link theirs to it. If anyone has any experience with a particular brand or model any insight would be greatly appreciated. Would probably be fine spending $100-150.

Do it. I might settle for the Bosch as I want something that'll work 10 years from now and cars and cheap electronics don't mix well.