/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 28th:
AD 37 – Roman emperor Caligula accepts the titles of the Principate, entitled to him by the Senate.
193 – Roman Emperor Pertinax is assassinated by Praetorian Guards, who then sell the throne in an auction to Didius Julianus.
1795 – Partitions of Poland: The Duchy of Courland and Semigallia, a northern fief of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, ceases to exist and becomes part of Imperial Russia.
1854 – Crimean War: France and Britain declare war on Russia.
1871 – The Paris Commune is formally established in Paris.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/NUAXzy0a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

god bless

based

W&B

He's afraid of you or have interests in your land

based mod deleting the other threads so he can post his autistic mantra

I'm starting to think this is a waste of a war.

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Because the AI isn't sending priests or the priests are dying
Give it time

Only 1 year in and I've destroyed the Dual Monarchy only by existing. What now?

It is.

pastebin.com/NUAXzy0a

What mod?

Divergences of Darkness.

No one's forcing anyone to use this thread lad

deadliest war in this timeline

and population was STILL growing even after countries were fully occupied for years

how do we nerf pop growth in HPM?

In a scale of PDM to complete shit, how good is it?

why the fuck do wargoal costs keep changing mid-war

>8 years
>10 million
That was a pretty good war, GWs in vanilla and NNM are so fucking underwhelming

So I'm really making the game. The map is already done. How do you want the provinces?

I planned to make them like in TW, but what happens when they are sieged? I have 2 ideas.

1. The siege is a large battlefield with defensive buildings for the besieged.

2. If the enemy marches into the city, it is insta-conquered. Only way to prevent this is to have a friendly army cover it in its' zone of control.

The first option is similar to TW games and would require more work. The second is more similar to Paradox style and easier to implement.

What game

Try /agdg/ lad, pretty sure this general is for games, not vaporware or idea guys

vicky

Wargoals can't change during the middle of a war in Victoria 2 afaik, only if someone is conquered then you get a "free country" on the country that was conquering

What game?

In what game

>manpower
That can only be EU4 or 3

white men

well, they do randomly change for me
1/2

i made all these posts

2/2

>tfw have to abduct sturdy norsemen from hindus for my daughters and sisters because local breeding stock is severely lacking.

post liquor factories lad

yeh post em

ash salam alecum my friends how are you today and how is your empires faring may they spread the glory of Allah - peace be upon him - well.

Shalom

>throwing in islam with jews

you're memeing too hard. Take a rest from the internet you faggot.

go back to pol

>spam 8+ threads
>still get cucked in the end

Fucking hell

>if you're depressed you can commit suicide
wow CK2 way to be graphic

Ahlan Wa Shalan my main man

WE

BASED REPORT AND IGNORE WORKING THE SMARKS

>Prepare for 0.9 release
>2 days ago

white men

Is Afghan life fun to play?

Name my cuckspawn

Cuckingson

>prepare for 2.0 release
>half a year ago

Sort his beard out m8 thats just asking to get a good cucking

Johan

How far should my colony spread? Andalusia is colonising guyana and brazil already.

Named Neurolly (New place of Rollo, the first Norman) after Rollo, who's first place was Rouen.

Prove me wrong.

rule violation

Get the trading provinces first and go from there. Maximize trade.

what did God mean by this
>Not united under one monarch
wew lad

Daily reminder that railroading is the best. Believable worlds my dick. We need railroading. The AI should always do the things they did IRL, the only force able to change history in the game should be the player.

Haha whoops laddos just dropped this link here.

Haha I'm so clumsy. Please don't mind me at all.

Finally that King is dead and I can get my claims without paying tribute

i am fucking SICK and fucking TIRED of seeing this fucking IMAGE fucking EVERYWHERE to say hoi3 is overcomplicated

this image, look at it, is a result of using the ai to play the game for you because you're too retarded to paly it yourself, and as such is ONLY EXCLUSIVELY posted by redditors who don't know how to play hOi3 and so proclaim this image as """""proof""""" that hoi3 is too complicated but the only thing this image shows is that REDDITOS are too fucking casual to play hoi3 and so put the AI on and then complein when the AI doesnt play the game as THEY SHOULD BE PLAYING

fixed it

How do I increase my naval range, other than those shitty techs in the naval science tree?
I know I don't have the techs for colonization right now, but I want to be ready when I do so I can snatch up pacific islands before the Euros get them all.

Normally I don't have to worry about this shit because I I'm playing in Europe and have plenty of opportunities to conquer an unciv and get a foothold in Africa or wherever.
From this position I can't see any good provinces to conquer to put colonies in range though. There's Galapagos, but it seems stupid to make an entire acquire state CB for a worthless and unpopulated island, and there's Hawaii, which the US has already sphered, putting it out of my reach.

I gave up on trying to take a treaty port from Japan because the US kept white peacing out of their war with the Shogun every time I tried to get in on the action.

Also does anyone know whether there is still an event in HPM to make Yucatan join the FRCA if it becomes independent? I looked in the the mod files and found the event for Panama, which already happened for me in any case, but I didn't see one for Yucatan anywhere.

I think you get cores on Yucatan but i don't know if they petition

>no danelaw down the right hand side
come on lad

post it again please

aren't brits so blanda up'd that their genetic makeup is pretty much the same from south to north

>>Not united under one monarch
>wew lad
It is, though? King Oswald I.

Just ctrl+f Grand Strategy

3.6.2. is out. Get hyped.

>marrying your 3 yo kiddo to your sister

I love this game.

No, noticeably more Celt in the west. Otherwise it's a weird mix of different Germanic tribes who all invaded the same shitty island.

>hire mercs to outnumber enemy
>he hires more mercs which the game doesn't tell me until they appear
>hire more mercs
>he sieges my province
>go to battle
>he gets ownership of lands
>2 of my generals die whilst moving to the battle and playing on 3x speed so don't have time to change
>have twice more everything than him
>lose due to moral
>Lose 3k men
>he lost 1.5k
>he now has the bigger army
And that's when you allow 'cheating' in ironman
>being able to bethrothe before they're 5
Is my game broken?

what game

Alternative flag pack

Am I correct in thinking that with New World Order 2 for Darkest Hour I can still start at an earlier date (i.e. 1936) and it will continue fine through to 1991.

Or do I have to select one of the NWO scenarios?

What mods for CK2 would you consider to be "essential", or at least add the most amount of content.

Also if you pirate the DLC do you have to reinstall it every patch?

>tfw turks are trying to become swastika
scary shit

Why would you want to do that anyway?

hello my laddos

HIP sans VIET submod is basically the go-to imo, just be warned that the retarded dev team disabled the option to prevent AI taking seduction focus

For DLC you only need to run the activator, just run it again if the dlc ever stops working

Just to have a massive long game I can have as a go to for the next few months.

That Austria is a fucking mess

the steam dlc checksum gets rebuilt for whatever reason after a few months or so, but you only have to run the activator again

That's nothing compared to my Austria. Utter fucking bordergore. It will all be worth it when she goes to her final form though.

How do I change accepted/primary cultures of a country in an already existent save game?

It would be easier to just code a decision visible only for your tag that gives you the cultures you want. Look in the decisions files and copy the syntax they use.

please rate my germany guys :)

Huh?

>6 billion - 6 million

I have to admit that wa pretty clever.

How do you deal with councils in CK2?

>importing liquor
>red germaniorums

disgraceful

>communism

You put vassals on the council so the only time they can rebel is in a regency in which case just hire mercs
Anyone?

seduction focus and giving whores all the viceroyalties

>two poo in the loo regional powers have mission to conquer my stuff
>this happens
thanks for free civil war railroad
shit like this shouldn't fire for player desu

>20 more liberal in upper house
>all pops get 1.50 militancy

Which of these is better for changing to a republic from a presidential dictatorship?

*fabricates cassus belli*

ON WHO?