/edg/scg/ Star Citizen Elite: Dangerous general #146

You let the thread die you cucks - edition.

SPACE LEGS WHEN??? sub edition

Previous dad: Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/62166i/star_citizen_the_money_laundromat_about_defy_media/
youtube.com/watch?v=CPJK3KozJo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Multicrew isn't out yet and FD already nerfed it.
Payouts while in multicrew now scale with your rank, so only Elite pilots get 100% of vouchers.

VISION'd again.

How can FDev be this shit?

Is that a fucking challenge???

so.... what happens if the helmsman is less than elite in rank? does he get reduced credits?

and what if your gunner outranks you in combat? does the deadly gunner get less credits than the expert helmsman?

>so.... what happens if the helmsman is less than elite in rank? does he get reduced credits?
yes, but only in multicrew

>and what if your gunner outranks you in combat? does the deadly gunner get less credits than the expert helmsman?
It's entirely based on your personal combat rank

wait what

so they basically put up a tier list for multicrew:

>everyone who's elite gets 100% of vouchers
>everyone who's deadly gets 90%
etc etc? i made up the numbers, but am I interpreting you correctly?

Yeah, Elite is 100%, deadly is something like 60-65%, every other rank scales down from there.

The forum dads are saying it's good because new players won't be able to use multicrew to skip the grind.

The same fucking people who say "The grind is all in your mind" are now saying "If you skip the grind you skip the game." You can't make this shit up.

You bet it is, cunt. Meet me at Hutton Orbital in 20 minutes. Can't make it in time? Pssshhh, nothing astrological kid

>deadly 60-65%

Fucking hell. Elite ranked players are probably better than a full multi crew of mid range players, but then you give said mid ranked players less of a reason to use multi crew? The players who benefit the least performance-wise from multi crew has the biggest incentive to use it...

And all the harmless dads have literally no incentive whatsoever to use it since they'll get fuckall for it.

>The same fucking people who say "The grind is all in your mind" are now saying "If you skip the grind you skip the game." You can't make this shit up.

I'll IMAGINE that this isn't a bad idea and maybe it'll be a good idea!

Daily reminder

Oh well, another DoA fdev feature.
At least everyone gets 100% bounties if you're in a wing now instead of splitting it.

Don't talk too loud or Braben might hear you.

So uhh trying to spawn my ship and it's saying All pads are full. Any other way I can fly, even if it's tutorial? I just wanna try the damn thing already.

This is FDev's thing.

This is what they do.

They've done the same thing every patch without fail. Even if something sounds cool when pitched they will find a way to make it mediocre or outright useless. Always.

A-are you lads earning more than a thousand credits per bong?

We can't be having none of that. No sir, that goes against the vision!

*chuckles*

I'll get this sorted....

My ship you dumb bitch. When will FDev let me blow some of these chucklefuck representatives out of the airlock? I'm even allied with this faction.

wow it doesn't sound like fdev just lazily pulled this shit out of their ass instead of actually putting a moment's thought or effort into it at all ;^)

change server. probably a bug.

>have multicrew roles specifically for mentoring
>mentoring an inexperienced player in multicrew is already taxing and risky
>disincentivize mentoring even further by nerfing helm's rewards if they are under elite

Honestly not even surprised enough at typical Ftroop to be disappointed.

Why do I still follow this game?

β€œIn response to your request for comment, I can share that CIG and The Escapist have mutually agreed to delete their comments about each other. We wish each other well and look forward to better relations in 2017.”

SMART BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

I wish there were a list of these greetings somewhere. I was already Elite and had a lot of renown when they were added so I only got to see the reactions where they're either terrified of you or adore you.

I'm an EDtist. Please give me an update. What comments? I love me some Derek Smart autism.

I abused Robigo and AFK turreting with .lua scripts in the past.
Don't even play this game anymore.

reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/62166i/star_citizen_the_money_laundromat_about_defy_media/

inb4 >>>reddit

That post and the last few posts should cover you.

TL;DR the old Escapist hitpieces + CIG's response letter got taken down and Smart got autistically worked up over it.

[How do you intend VOIP integration to work?] The idea is for players to create voice lobbies, switch between them and be able to do that quickly. This is stage one which is within Spectrum.

The next stage is if Spectrum is on and the game is on, you'll hear what people say based off where they are in the game from you that are in that lobby with you.
For Orgs they do want to have a nesting feature to allow for command structure VOIP like Teamspeak has.

How do you think this will work with pirating/bounty hunting?

Whats the most aesthetic ship in E:D and why is it the Fer De Lance?

You posted it. I just wish the helm's seat was centered.

Because Star Citizen is taking longer than expected.

Thats not a Midnight Black Cutter.

>We wish each other well and look forward to better relations in 2017.”

In other words Escapist figured out CIG isn't going anywhere and they're missing out on sweet internet clicks by not covering Star Citizen for the last year and a bit. Call me cynical but I reckon Escapist will have a nice puff piece when 3.0 is released.

>has his own subreddit
What a piece of shit.

Black and Blue is top tier but White and Red is my favorite.

Its actually for shitting on him and archiving the bullshit he says and tries to later backpedal.
Also it pissed him off to no end.

Sounds like a bad attempt to balance/counter people from boosting their rank while in multicrew

That would probably explain it. Because income is proportionate to rank gain isn't it? I feel like that would've already been managed by having income split between crew members.

Pirates will probably use an org with redacted member lists. I'm not revealing my org until the chat is fixed where members can be protected in chat from being spied on, but pirates should be as well organized as any org.

Combat rank is not determined by payout. It's a hidden point system that works by number of kills modified by the rank of what you killed vs your own rank.

>It's a hidden point system that works by number of kills modified by the rank of what you killed vs your own rank.
That explains why Conflict Zones level it quickest. Everything there is at the least Competent but on average Master or higher.

So it doesn't actually stop rank boosting. Then whats the fucking point of this? I don't even think the forumdads were pushing for a change to the income style so we can't blame them this tiem.

AFAIK rank gains and mission progression is frozen for everyone but the helm in multicrew anyway

To stop people from skipping the nonexistant grind just take the game at your own pace don't worry about the nonexistant grind you needy milennials have no imagination all you can think of is me me me when I was young we I didn't have that mentality it's you spoiled kids ruining video games

o7

>o7

You challenge me to combat, knave? Meet me at Hudson Orbital in twenty minutes or all shall know of your cowardice!

o7o7o7o7o7oo7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o77o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o77o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o

make it ten
I never leave

Good luck getting in the same instance.

>Hudson
Autocorrect why

PTU has had the same patch since Friday. I wonder what the deal is.

Someone should make a SC org dedicated to making comfy screenshots.

Nah, every individual org should have one person who does that. And if it's like any other game, usually they do.

You have to ask? Pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=CPJK3KozJo4

Town Hall, whatever the fuck that means, with Turbulent from earlier today.

ded

how many times will the thread die today?

Ready to accept /nmsg/ into the general yet?

I don't have an issue with it. You just have to be prepared to be relentlessly mocked like /scg/ /edg/ already self inflict.

What you got?

Sorry, this is for space games only.

I got basically nothing.

Just like No Man's Sky

>/nmsg/
how is that going to make us less dead?. if anything we should talk more about the other space games in the pastebin

No.

I think our problem is that /edg/ posters are quiet dads who run away any time someone shitposts, and 80% of /scg/ posters are hibernating until at least 3.0.

I'd be glad to share a thread with every space game that doesn't have its own general, at least it would be more interesting, and have a better userbase.

/edg/ is too busy exploiting mission stacking for mad dosh before it gets taken away forever soon.

PTU just updated

>Calling me a dad
I don't think I've ever been so insulted.

>Not feeding shitposting makes me a dad
Ok m8.

No I mean when people start, all the /edg/ posting stops, for like 10-20 minutes. I tend to think of ED posters as like little meerkats who run away at the first sign of trouble.

>trouble
troubling

I mean my logic is to see if it actually gets attention and the thread gets derailed. Speaking from experience, its hard to get discussion in while people are shitposting at each other.

it's literally mission stacking is the only way currently known to make decent dosh without losing your soul

by the next patch it'll be gone, just like they did with robigo smuggling and PAINITE

Most good space games are old as fuck or people already played them to death.
i still play X3AP tho. right now im trying to go by without buying ships. just boarding and making them bail out

Who else is murdering the shit out of the CZ in Quince right now?

I log in and do about 50mill in scan missions then logout

I dunno how long this will take to get Duke rank but I started at Baron so probably a while yet

>just boarding and making them bail out
explain this within my attention span

GIVE ALL 3.1 SHIPS WITH 3.0 pls

>tfw no star wars: empire at war 2
>tfw no star wars: jedi academy 2
>tfw no starlancer 2
>tfw no freespace 3
>tfw mandate is dead
>tfw buck rogers: countdown to doomsday HD remake is nowhere to be found

There's a way to skip the credit grind. Unfortunately, if you want to PVP like I did the engineering grind is still there. Which was why I left to play EVE instead.

Get a type 6, and equip fuel scoop. Go to Robigo, scanning every star you come across. Sell exploration data. You should have enough rep with the locals to take smuggling missions. Stack smuggling missions, then abandon them and sell the slaves to Robigo's black market. You get money, and a net gain to reputation (somehow). Repeat until you have enough money. The only downside is that you have the mother of all bounties in a week.

in x3 you can make npc eject from their ship if you hit them hard and fast enough and claim it as yours. boarding is a little more harder and expensive since you need to hire and train marines, engage the target ship to take down their shields, launch the marines and then hold enough for the marines to take the ship.
they also damage the ship while boarding and can even destroy it accidentally
or die and lose all the money and time it took for training them

>no new X-wing
why live

>engage the target ship to take down their shields, launch the marines and then hold enough for the marines to take the ship.
ok. gonna watch some YT on this.

>this braindamaged fucking idiot is still shitposting on the forums and licking frontier's ass

Everyone who posts there has brain damage.

No one of sound mind browses that place for more than 5 minutes and concludes that contributing to the dialogue is worthwhile.

>Everyone who posts there has brain damage.
>
>No one of sound mind browses that place for more than 5 minutes and concludes that contributing to the dialogue is worthwhile.
The same could be said for reddit, spectrum, and this thread

get the cockpits mod if you're going to play. its a must

>check ED streams
>this turbo dad

my sides

That image makes me want to puke

I dunno, the shield and large ship hull change threads are hilariously hostile and Sandro is stuck doing nothing but damage control in them.

Don't get me wrong, browsing it can be amusing. But to actually assume an identity and subject yourself to strict moderation just so you can talk to a bunch of stubborn circle-jerking dads is mental. Not even worth trolling.

I occasionally post to sarcastically mock both sides of the arguments. They drown me in upvotes for it. I don't understand it.

it's literally picking on the mentally disabled. That's no different than knocking an ice cream cone out of a tard's hand.

Have some free rep CMDR :^)

>spent 5 minutes waiting on battle royal with no players
>spent 5 minutes waiting on squadron battle with no players
>spent 5 minutes waiting on a race with no players
>click last stand, immediately connect to a full game
I want to fly fucking ships, not play some shitty fps.

Why the fuck is no one playing AC?

is this what autism looks like?

Especially their Star Citizen thread I mean seriously the dead sea is less salty than that thread so much hatred for the game it's not even funny.

Each day Derek sees CIG get closer and closer to the game he dreamed of making stabs a little closer to his heart. The honest truth is for 2 years now he has been trying to collapse the game by attacking the game the staff the backers and anyone in the media who is positive towards them. I wonder what kind of meltdown he will have when SQ42 comes out.

not exactly primetime

You know I'm surprised this man doesn't really bother us over on E:D if this is what hes pissy about.

>SQ42 has finally released and we at last have definitive proof Chris Roberts wasted $170,000,000 making a broken game. From voice acting to game play to graphics to the story, this game is awful on all fronts. Be glad you requested your refund ages ago.

I imagine he'll throw a lawsuit to prevent the game from being released over some imagined personal attack. Of course he'll be laughed out of court which will throw him deeper into his delusion. Eventually he'll show up at a big release party or a citizencon with a gun and a ten thousand page hand written manifesto on why Roberts is the great satan and spend the next few years in a psych ward.

Thanks user