/mmog/ - MMO General

SHILL edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

Our most discussed games are Mabinogi and Wakfu. We have a game of the week that we all try to play together!

We currently have a guild on Wakfu, ask for an invitation on this general!

As a special friendly reminder: Ignore Jim.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed)

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFXSmSgpss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just create the wakfu general

For real though. There's enough Noxians and Remmington bads to actually make a Wakfu general.

Just to reiterate, if you interested in joining the guild in Archeage on the Reckoning server, we are listed as the Kawaii Knights Klan, and you can whisper Kyuuti for and invite. This is not wakfu related don't drag me into your drama by confusing me for a wakfu player like last thread.

Reminder:
-Do not fall for Remi Kid's shitposts. Remi is the deadest of the top 3 servers.
-Remi Guild has been up for over 2 weeks and still dead as shit.
-Remi Kid will bait you with a false sense of help, only to leave you abandoned in a dead server because they don't play Wakfu at all, been shitpost for years.
-Remi Kid got several Veeky Forums players banned, one reason was for the dupe fiasco years ago.
-Play on a server that actually fits your timezone until they merge the dead server, Remi, with the rest.

just fuck off please (im not remi kid)

>unironically being this autistic

My guy. I know you want to believe that the Remington is dead meme is real, but it really isn't. Thing is though is that there are other, more valid reasons to roll on Nox than Remi.

- Remi is the least stable server of all. The fucking thing goes down every other day.
- Every Nox player speaks English. Not all Remi players speak English.
- Cesspool guilds exist everywhere. Remi Kid isn't new with false promises or anything.

Just off the top of my head.

Some noob eniripsa questions.

Do I just spam sadist mark/psychosis flask forever or when do I actually get to do something?

even if all this wakfu shit is a ruse and lies as you say, being a part of it seems way more fun, than just stopping playing because of just one retarded user with a mission

remi almanax best almanax

Is Albion Online worth getting? Is it fun?

>Almanax Sitting Simulator
>Not playing Wakfu

Get out.

why do they even sit there?

Depends. What level are you?

Autism. There's no benefit from sitting there.

>try to start wakfu
>keep getting update server is out of sync
>uninstall restart and try to reinstall
>update server out of sync

guess im not playing wakfu then

3 reasons:

- For selling and trading items quickly. Usually ONLY high lvl stuff or items from the Ogrine Shop (costumes, sidekicks, etc)

- LFG chat, since not many know how to use the Looking For Dungeon interface.

- E-peen contests and emote/fireworks spam. Nothing but lag and elitism. Kinda sad.

I should add this to the OT:

DO NOT USE THE STEAM CLIENT. Use the standalone one. Is super simple and easy to use. The download is instant, with no desync garbage.

I forgot about you mate, dont worry, I'll add that guild to the next general.

Oh so you ask me the benefits of sitting in almanax? Here
1) You are enjoying the great wiev and people spamming what they want to buy or what they want to sell
2) You can try making friends there which worked for me since my guild was a 2person guild that times i got nearly all my friends from alma
3)In a point in end-game you are forced to go and recurit there anyways for dungeons since it's really hard to find parties.
4)You can get to witness awful conversations we even have a guild meme "Gopniks are russian artists" yes someone said that
5)You can watch people make fun of me it's pretty amusing imo
7)relaxing

but im not using the steam client, i havent played in a while and i keep getting it. so im going to assume that update servers are actually down

~20

I got that issue once or twice. I waited like 20m-30m and it fixed itself. If you get into the game, come to Remington. Ask for an invite here to join our guild.

1) Nobody who sits at Alma has intentions of running or selling anything besides that one guy.
2) Pappy Pal and Nation Outpost is better for this.
3) See 1. Nobody is running or selling anything here, they're just afking.
4) You can get the same thing in any chatroom ever.
5) Nobody cares about you.
6) You don't even have a 6.
7) Relaxing? What are you fucking gay? Go farm bread.

>not remi kid
>no new IP
>new IPs
Oh right, Remi Kid is also known for samefagging alot, you can go check the archives.

This happens when hotfixes or major updates are going down. Unluckily for you, you just so happened to want to start playing when they're pushing a hotfix to fix the god awful dungeon update.

As you level up, you're going to get gear that will give you AP and MP. At around level 25ish you should have 8AP, which means you can double Fortifying Word.

You rolled the healer class, you heal. You can use Unnatural Remedies to make those heals hurt instead of heal. Fire/Air combos are little more complex and usually used after level 150+.

Dear God, we got our own tierlistfag(see warframe general) on /vg now. Shall we make a script to ignore Jim? Jim please, stahp.

Did any of you got the Noxine card from the Krosmaga event? I got it today. MAN, you only win ONE Noxine card, making it useless as a sure drop on turn one. What a shame.

>Remi Kid aka Jamal aka Jim browses /wfg/
>also knows of tierlistfag
You must be the tierlist queer, everywhere you fucking go there's some horrible cancerous faggot known for shitposting.
I honestly wish you die painfully of cancer, you're just as bad as that brony/barney shitposter that spams all of Veeky Forums, you're probably them too. Mods need to fucking permaban you already.

At your level heals and range are gonna suck, don't worry about it, you're gonna be needed later. Not to mention, at this point you don't even have enough passives to add variety.

Also keep Eniraser around when you get it. The recent buffs they've been giving to dungeons seem to be making it important to have someone who can revive around.

>gf still alive
>rusty hearts is dead
Well fuck
what was the name of that parkour one? It was fun outside of being filled with cheaters

Stop calling people names on an anonymous imageboard or go back to your whatever forum.

Fort is 5 ap 1 wp

Remi Kid is obsessed with calling people names with J. Jamal and now Jim, I think he's projecting something.
Just ignore and report.

Invigorating Word then. Double Fort at 10AP.

Anyone want to power level me to 170? I just want my passive that gives me no LoS. I'm getting tired of enemies cornering me.

Server? Also why don't you just ask your guild for help?

Remington.
My guild is dead.
And I don't want to join the Veeky Forums guild, even if I did their highest level was a 150.

Sorry that you fell for the Remington meme.

I'd find a decent guild that'd leach you, solo grind, or reroll on Nox.

installing wakfu because the girls are cute
what's a good class for a new shitter to start

Best Beginner Classes:

Cra. Really useful in end game. Brain dead ease of play and long range damage dealers are really high in demand.

Sac. Able to tank really well, able to melee DPS really well.

-

Most of the classes in this game are complicated and are hard to master. The above two are the most straightforward classes to play that also aren't useless.

Also, don't fall for the Remington meme.

>sac
Are you dumb? Sac isn't beginner friendly at all. Especially if you want to go DPS. They shine using berserk damage and I doubt a beginner has enough knowledge to take advantage of it.

Depending on how much time you will invest, any class is fine. Some are very simple, and others really complicated, needing you to keep in mind passive skills and secondary effects triggered by special conditions.

Easiest classes to play are Cra and Iop, but hey, just go wild with whatever class you find the cutest. All the girls are fine.

Come and join us on on our guild in Remington. Most of the people have just started like you, and the veterans are teaching them everything they need step by step. Just leave us your character name here to invite you.

when is this wakfu meme going to die?

How stupid does a person have to be to find Sacrier difficult? It's not like Iop or Xelor where you have to memorize specific spell combinations, and it's not like Rogue with complicated mechanics and playstyle.

I bet you haven't even played a Sacrier if you think they don't have spell combos too.

Get close to enemy. Blood Rush/Sac Foot. Read the spells, they're wonderfully straightforward.

I'm sorry, are you telling me that Iop combos are easier? Are you trying to tell me that melee rogue is more viable without all their stupid air spells? Are you telling me to tell me a fucking Feca is more beginner friendly? Wait no, Enu. Enu is more fucking beginner friendly. Might as well go full retard and recommend the newbie a Huppermage.

You know what? I'll tell the newbie that Xelor is easy for a shitter. That'll keep them in this game.

If I'm dumb, you're brain dead.

200 Sac, friend. They're easy to play.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth, you fucking turdstain. I never said any of those classes are easier and in fact they're the same difficulty as a Sac.

That's quite an assumption. Sac was my first class. I've played everything except an Ecaflip and an Eliotrope.

strange as fuck to see a wakfu thread, I just started playing again, 27 Sac and friend is an Eni, Not sure where I should be right now, its been a long ass time.

Also, what is the policy on multiboxing?

How can I join masked masker's guild?

>he thinks Iops are harder to play than sac
>then ankama already tells everyone that iop is one of the easiest classes to play
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT

HOW DUM R U?
YOU CAN'T EVEN PLAY AN IOP?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

The question was "what's a good class for a new shitter to start"

The answer is Cra and Sac.

By saying I'm dumb and Sac isn't beginner friendly at all, it insinuates that you think the other classes that I didn't recommend are easier and should have been recommended instead.

Sacs are easier to play than Iop. Much easier to play than Xelor. If you disagree, not only are you wrong, but you're fucking retarded.

You fucking retard.

Right? I'm for making a Wakfu general since the news of the upcoming merge is bringing more fags into the game. As for your situation, depends on what server you're in, what guild you're in, and what you want to do.

Multiboxing is allowed, but autists will scream at you for not using heroes. If you multibox and use heroes at the same time, good on you for your dedication.

Ask him. He's probably reading right now.

Multiboxing is fine by Ankama as long as you don't talk about it iirc.

Nox and Phaeris will merge with Remington on December. Devs are planning everything to do it right, so they may have started working in multiple Haven Worlds for everyone.

Since the server merge was announced, many people wanted to start all over on Wakfu again. The game has been growing the last few months thanks to a change of devs and new updates.

We have a guild on Remington right now. We hve been growing little by little this 2 weeks, with mostly new players that are learning the game together with the veterans. I would love to have you there with your friend. If you decide, just leave your character names here to invite you.

For some reason we have a troll going on spreading misinformation. Ignore him. You can easily notice the guy by the language he uses.

multiboxing is and always has been and always will be allowed

Ankama doesn't even play their own game. They think Hupper is 2 stars.

You have no integrity and probably suck at this game.

Dude he speak of the wind Iop. You have combo to understand to play it well.
Sure fire Iop is the easiest.

>Referencing an in game book and not actually looking at the class mechanics.

What a fucking moron.

Im on nox, I dont think I am in a guild and I have no idea what I want to do, be a tank? kill shit? do dungeons? Lust over large asses?

Also, I was gonna multibox an Eliatrope, how are they?

I'll just start with a Cra and eventually make every girl when I get more knowledge into the game
what's the name of the guild and who should I ask to get in?
also what's with these 'remi kid' and 'don't fall for the remington meme' posts? I don't really get them at all, all I know is that remington is one of the servers and the character on that webm

Just write your character's name for an invitation user, you should get it very soon after. The guild's name is Shiny Chariot.

The whole remikid thing is Jim sperging the best he can since for some reason he hates Wakfu. Ignore him. Is on the OT. Just see how he writes.

>remi kid
Lots of drama shit that you'd be better off not finding out

People will tell you Eliotropes are terrible. Most of them are, but Eliotropes are strong in the very late end game PVM.

Lucky for you, Sac just got a revamp that makes it very deadly if you want it to be or very tanky if you want it to be. Right now some idiots are crying that Sac is ruined, don't listen to their lies. Sac is very strong in PVM and PVP, so if you stick to it, you can do whatever the hell you want. Most content doesn't require a tank until level 171+ dungeons, just keep that in mind.

There are three servers: Nox, Remington, and Phaeris, that are merging into one. Nox has the majority of the NA playerbase and maybe about half the population of Remington.

So obviously, you would want to choose Remington over Nox to play. However, most of the players on Remington don't speak English, the server itself is unstable and goes down every day, and the guild you're asking to be invited to is a cesspool guild.

"Remi-Kid" is a forced meme that some twat is making about the shill who made this OP. Essentially the story is that this guy promises you a good guild and help, but in actuality invites you to the guild then never speaks to you again. I wouldn't know first-hand, I'm on Nox.

Cool thanks for the Sac info, if there isa guild on Nox id be down to join it, name is Tomaa

Oh, and don't forget to pick the Remington (international) server, since that is where everyone is.

I advise you to restart the game on Remington. It have a higher playerbase, and everyone on the guild is there. I have no idea if there is a guild going on Nox, but I doubt it, since most people there have either switched servers, or are waiting for the merge on December.

What the hell? Why lying around a server you don't play? Remington stability is as good as any other Wakfu server, and literally 95% of Remington can speak english since is one of the most easiest languages to learn on the world. Our guild is goddamn friendly to everyone, there is no elitism of any kind going around. Sheesh, hating for the sake of it now, are ya?

>since that is where everyone is.
lol
There's at least 15 other people on Nox, stop fucking lying.

m8. My original server was Remington. I paid a visit there some weeks ago and got BR'd.

Maybe my claim of "the majority doesn't speak English" isn't true, but neither is your claim of 95% of the server speaks English.

Also, all it takes is to search "Remington" on the Wakfu official Discord to see that it's the more unstable of the two. You get scores of people asking if the server is down or if it's still down while Nox is up.

As for your guild, I have no idea what kind of cesspool it is, but it's definitely a cesspool guild.

Remington has more downtime, restarts, and maintenance than the other servers. I'm not sure why, but it's pretty annoying.

With this Heroes thing, you use your alt for it, does your alt get levels and all that?

Yes, they also get quests and achievements and stuff. It's like playing a separate character.

If you legitimately think you can play iop on an optimized level easier than you can play sacrier on an optimized level, you're fucking retarded.

If you think playing an early game fundamentally basic level 6 iop is easier to do than playing an early game fundamentally basic level 6 sacrier, you're fucking retarded.

If you think Iop is a simple class I challenge you to play it, I challenge you to, in similar gear, match my damage.

Sure, being a basic fistcannon isn't fucking rocket science. But if you want to be GOOD, so good that people take you instead of a Cra, then you need to actually think.

A sacrier doesn't need to think. Bold Punishment does the work for you.

So you're dumber than an Iop?
lol k

What a fucking retard.

Yes. Also, if you have Heroes AND Booster, you can benefit from the experience multiplier mechanic.

Sure is ad hominem in here.

Do you have any actual arguments for us, or are you content with just vomiting all over your keyboard?

You're the dumbass that says it's hard to combo using an Iop.

>Remi Kid once more proving he's a giant fucking retard that knows nothing about the game he's been shitposting for years about
Can we PLEASE fucking remove Remi Kid already?

You're the retard who can't discern whether he's talking to one person, or several persons.

I never said "it's hard to combo using an Iop".

This argument is over, anyway. The person seeking advice in this thread didn't take yours. Accept that you're trash, and stop crying.

lol k

Quality Post.

Shit post.

Remikid is the mentally ill thieving spic that runs the guild that gets shilled so often here, don't join that shit.

>want to play SWG again and live the dream
>torrent SWGemu disks and download launcher
>mount disk
>BSOD
>run virus scan, delete isos, everything clean
>try a different torrent to make sure
>mount disk
>BSOD

Check your event viewer after a BSOD. Should point out what the problem is.

hit me up with your comfiest trading music

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFXSmSgpss

Shit, I used to play both Mabinogi and Wakfu. I only played Wakfu at the beginning for a little bit, but it was seriously fucked with the whole having to mint your own coins bullshit.

Also, who here /closed beta/ for Mabinogi? That game was literally the mmo I grew up with. Very fun times

Beginning got revamped to holy fuck. You can get kamas from killing monsters now in Wakfu.

>You can get kamas from killing monsters now in Wakfu.
lol k
If you think 15 kamas per fight is worth anything

>tfw scared to tank in traditional mmos

How do i break this conditioning, mmog?

Reading on how nazi Mabi used to be... and wondering why people feel so nostalgic about those early times, besides how everything from earlier days is nicer by default. Pay to play content and nothing to do but chat near an empty dungeon door.

DPS are all scumbags. If they die due to you being a bad tank, you can feel good knowing they were bad.

be the first in a new MMO

I don't know user, I'm still trying to figure it out myself.
>be above average tank
>tank dungeons easily
>usually praised as one of the better tanks people have grouped up with
>tfw won't tank raids due to a lack of confidence

>Reading on how nazi Mabi used to be...
I remember there was this one guild on Mari back in the day that was literally the outcast guild. The guild leader was like very religious and had all of these weird theories. I remember finding the guild stone and seeing it had like 100 people, so I thought "hmm a nice big guild; I'll join!". Then randomly I was trying to buy holy water to bless my shit, and some guy was like "oh your part of X guild. Nvm, I'm not going to sell to you". I almost fell out of my chair laughing thinking "wtf just happened XD". The guild name started with a P, and was something like Pryo or something. I forget, but it was just the strangest thing that everyone knew about this guild for some reason.

>wondering why people feel so nostalgic about those early times, besides how everything from earlier days is nicer by default. Pay to play content and nothing to do but chat near an empty dungeon door.
It was more just the fun of going into an Alby normal dungeon with 8 people, and wiping when we got the the red spiders. Also, back in the closed beta when there was only like 2 areas in the game, people would set up campfires near one of the forests that had a seal stone near it, and just talk to each other. The forest was surrounded by bears, so you had to play it safe. Every once in a while you would see someone smash a brown bear and think to yourself "dead man walking right there". These are things that just don't happen now. When there was nothing to do, you would go around and make friends. Now, you have your daily obligations in order to maximize your AP (don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing, it's just different).

Ahh, the memories. If I think of some other stories from back then, I will try to post them. It was a long time ago though, so it's hard to remember

Honestly I'm not sure what you're even upset about.

If remikid is cancer 4 years ago apparently this noxkid jim is the new 2017 meme. Sperging everytime the word remington came out, this is beyond autistic holy shit.

hows the pvp in wildstar

There's nothing to figure out, just screw your nuts on and do it

copypasted answer from a friend who actually did pvp unlike me; i just slew dragons

W* pvp is, fundamentally, fun. It isn't exactly good, but it's fun. It's not like WoW where rock beats scissor and paper beats rock, and where 2v1s are a death sentence, but if you know how to play the game, you can 1v2 or more easily with proper gear.

Gear is an issue, though. With all of the endgame grinding, it's going to suck shit for a good while. If you do plan to get into it, my advice is this: Find a build, find a gear guide, and rune your shit as quickly as possible.

W* pvp in practice is pretty fucking dead, desu. There are several highly skilled, highly geared players that have cemented themselves at the top of the pvp food chain, and you will die to them. Repeatedly. Combined with certain cheese such as unkillable healers/tanks in 1v1 situations, you might not enjoy it.

IMO, it can be fun if you have the patience for it. You can do some pretty sick nasty plays if you get good/geared enough.